Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I might need to rewatch the first two episodes, but I was also under the impression that the Dornish + the Tyrells and their bannermen were meeting up to prepare to fuck up King's Landing, and that Yara was sailing to hook up with this whole group.

Yara got her shit rocked, but the missing Tyrell/Dorn army is MIA. I feel like they only showed us half of what they needed to last night. Also, why the hell didn't Danny blockade Blackwater Bay?

Also, Euron's second fleet shit rocked the ships the Unsullied sailed on, why in the hell would you wait for the Unsullied to make their beach landing THEN attack the ships. In the episode we clearly see Euron's fleet winning that fight, so why not sink the boats with the Unsullied on them? It's not like the Unsullied would have helped in a navel battle. This whole gambit with Casterly Rock feels super forced and really dumb.

I am not arguing against you, rather explaining things, and it's not quite as far fetched as it appears once you know a few things. Yara Was sailing to go get the Dornish troops, they don't have squat for ships. Eliminating Yara and her ships essentially eliminated the Dornish troops, at least for the near furtue, and to further complicate things, they no longer have any semblance of power structure in "Dorne. The same was essentially done to the Reach.

Yes, technically the Dornish and Reach armies still exist, (although I am sure the Reach forces took heavy casualties) but with no power structure, do you really think they will continue to march on KL?

You raise a fair point about the unsullied, However I don't think bording those ships would have gone over quite so well for the iron born. Much easier to attack when there was only a skeleton crew on the ships themselves. And remember, Yara's ships had minimal crew onboard as well, as they were sailing to dorne to pick up the dornish forces.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I do hate it.... in large part because they already trampled on the book story of how her and Drogo fell in love, but now they kick Drogo's corpse while he already dead.

poor ded Drogo

Getting retroactively labeled a rapist by the Moon of your life, that's gotta sting.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just FYI I read up on the whole "They have 4 spin-offs in the works..."

This is not true from what I read.

They have 4-5 ideas for spin-offs and intend on putting a single spin-off together after season 8 wraps up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shifty nailed it. They plain ran out of material as Grmm stooped writing. 2016 budget was 10 mill per episode, this year I heard it approached 12-13mil. I don't think GRRM will ever finish the books to be honest, and HBO already has 4 spin-offs in the works, so there is no need to stretch it out.

Plot holes started popping up like crazy as soon as they ran out of published material.

and by the way, it is estimated that GOT generates somewhere near 1 billion in revenue a year for HBO.

More and more I feel like you see it.... if they have a fleshed out written story to work with, the TV writers/producers can do a great job.

When they have to write from scratch, they struggle.

I think it makes sense.... the skill set to take a book and condense it to TV episodes is very different from having a notion of where a story is going and needing to write original source material into TV episodes.

HBO was in a tough spot though, they could not and should not wait on RR Martin to finish writing, because he likely never will.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I enjoyed the episode, but you do make some good points. This show has usually made sense within it's own world and rules, maybe E3 broke that a bit.

As far as Euron's fleet goes he could have split it up, Dany split up her fleet.

Is Cersei making all these great decisions, we haven't seen the meetings, so who knows?

As for the banker from Braavos, the free city of Braavos may be 100% antislavery, but every banker I know is 100% pro money.

The other stuff is spot on, I agree with everyone on Bran turning into a creepy emo fuck.

Edited to add: Bronn liked that little sand snake, I can't remember, did he go to Highgarden with Jaime or is he still back at King's Landing? Would he risk everything to save her?

I think Bran is creepy cause he's not all there. He partly here, partly there, lending credence to the Bran is NK theory.

Cersei getting advice. As Jamie said, he learned that military tactic when Rob Stark did it to him. I think Lady Olenna telling Jamie about the need to leave that disease of a woman is some foreshadowing and he'll be doing just that this season leaving her weaker and more prone than ever but the focus will shift off her to the Great War as Jamie joins forces with the 2 Targaryens to go to war against the NK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Bran is creepy cause he's not all there. He partly here, partly there, lending credence to the Bran is NK theory.

Cersei getting advice. As Jamie said, he learned that military tactic when Rob Stark did it to him. I think Lady Olenna telling Jamie about the need to leave that disease of a woman is some foreshadowing and he'll be doing just that this season leaving her weaker and more prone than ever but the focus will shift off her to the Great War as Jamie joins forces with the 2 Targaryens to go to war against the NK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man o live, Bran is about to mess with several "armies" if he wishes... looking at current troop movements. If I were Bran's sister, I would be dispatching owls to John giving him hints for Dany... What the hell am I talking about... As if I was there... bah.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

But that's the thing: he was completely fine when Benjen saved their asses. Then, suddenly, after a couple mile jaunt down to CB from where the corpse uncle parted with them he's a bit weird -- and after another 3 week cart ride he's a fucking sociopath. Again, the previous Three-eyed Raven spent 51 years in a god damned tree and was still pretty normal, but Bran goes full weirdo in a little over 3 weeks. I just don't get that. They could have at least made it a slow descent as he spent that year (or whatever it was) in the tree training rather than the sudden, precipitous, dive off the deep end that they went with.

New theory: Bran is the NK, but not the one you're thinking of...he is actually Gothlord NicK80...

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So what about the lack of story line from grrm is an excuse to skip what could have been epic battle scenes? Take the budgets from low performing shows and make this an epic show for us. I hope fat boy finishes the books but I highly doubt it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I grasp what they are asking me to believe, I am saying I think it is ridiculous under any circumstances lol

The "time period".... this is not Earth, it is a fantasy world with Dragons and Ice Zombies.

Regardless of context, women don't get over rape and fall in love at the drop of a hat.... that is a ridiculous concept regardless of context.

I don't believe that she was talking about Drogo being the rapist because that was absolutely not the culture. I had to be her brother that raped her.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Pushing yet another "idea" for which there is absolutely zero evidence. At what about Drogo's culture would have to do with him not being the rapist? The Dothraki's entire existence was built on raiding and raping...

:hawked:

I'm going to go with it was actually Jorah raped her.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What drives me nuts is that Euron started out in King's Landing when he was buttering up Cersei. From that point no matter what he does he HAS to sail past Dragon Stone. So unless everyone in Danny's administration are complete morons they'd have to know Euron left King's landing and knew which way his ships were going. And it's not like they didn't know Euron was trying to get up in Cersei's business, which means they knew he was the enemy.

It's just such a huge hole it drives me insane. And to get to Casterly Rock you gotta sail around the continent, unless it's possible to go up the river past the Twins, I don't know if that's been covered yet, but, at that point you're taking a whole fleet up a river right through the continent, there's no way you could keep that a secret. Maybe this is bothering me more than it should, but it seems like just mega sloppy writing which makes me wonder about what's going to happen in coming episodes.

It really feels like they're forcing the Lannisters to be scarier than they should be. They're broke, their only allies are Euron and the Tarleys, all of Dorn is against them, all the Northern Houses, they lost the Freys. So really all they have for an actual land army is whatever is in their own garrisons, plus whatever the Tarlys have, but remember the Tarlys were subservient to the Tyrells, so they can't have THAT many dudes. The Lannisters SHOULD get shit stomped but I think the writers are forcing them to be the big bads when it doesn't make any sense at all.

Really feels like the plotting has gone off the rails.

EDIT: And it's not like I noticed a hole no one else has, the banker guy basically told Cersei all this shit so the writers HAVE to know they're forcing shit. Maybe next week's episode will make it all clear. (I hope so, I have really enjoyed GoT thus far, it's other missteps haven't really bothered me and felt minor, not sure why this episode is bothering me so much)

What's bothering me is that they are leaving big plot holes all around and still they have done much of anything with the WWs except getting Dany's approval to mine Dragon glass. Of all of the stuff going on this season, though, what makes met he most frustrated is Bran. I didn't get at all his coolness with his sister. It was really a strange scene even for a weird character. BOttom line for me is that so far this season looks rushed as in just wanting to get things over with.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do hate it.... in large part because they already trampled on the book story of how her and Drogo fell in love, but now they kick Drogo's corpse while he already dead.

poor ded Drogo

The sun and the moon didn't rape her. Hell, she just needed to teach him the finer art of pleasuring a woman is all:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pushing yet another "idea" for which there is absolutely zero evidence. At what about Drogo's culture would have to do with him not being the rapist? The Dothraki's entire existence was built on raiding and raping...

:hawked:

I'm going to go with it was actually Jorah raped her.

UNfortunately for TJ, he just isn't really very smart. Dany was "married" to Drogo and in that culture there is no "rape". Besides she would not ever accuse her sun and moon of "raping" her. Just doesn't fit. As for Jorah raping her, that is just asinine which is typical of TJ's insight into things.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
UNfortunately for TJ, he just isn't really very smart. Dany was "married" to Drogo and in that culture there is no "rape". Besides she would not ever accuse her sun and moon of "raping" her. Just doesn't fit. As for Jorah raping her, that is just asinine which is typical of TJ's insight into things.

Why can't you just respectfully disagree? Why do you have to attack with insults and name calling? Let's try to keep this out of the gutter.

The Dothraki culture is irrelevant, no one is suggesting Drogo thought he was raping Dany. The issue is did Dany feel raped on her wedding night. In that scene she looked like she had been sold into slavery and is now stuck with a barbarian boning her doggy style.

IMO that was the rape she referenced in E3. That theory has problems that have been pointed out with great aplomb by Ares. He got his point across with no insults or name calling.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Dothraki culture is irrelevant, no one is suggesting Drogo thought he was raping Dany. The issue is did Dany feel raped on her wedding night. In that scene she looked like she had been sold into slavery and is now stuck with a barbarian boning her doggy style.

IMO that was the rape she referenced in E3. That theory has problems that have been pointed out with great aplomb by Ares. He got his point across with no insults or name calling.

Seriously, I thought this was all pretty obvious; even the actress portraying Dany says that the wedding night was a rape scene. "Well, Daenerys and Khal Drogo’s arranged marriage, and the customary rape that followed – ask George RR Martin why he did that, ’cause that’s on him...” So the people associated with the show say that was rape, but for some reason we're going to sit around coming up with alternatives just for the fuck of it, I guess.

So since that's what we're doing now, I'm going to continuously push the Jorah rape theory as well as NicK80, Gothlord, as the true Night King. I mean, we all know Jorah is a pedophile, so why is rape out of the question?

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TL;DR

Thank you.

Awwww, prope and a Special person are mad, the same fools generalizing and judging others for having opinions on a QB. The same queers shouting "snowflakes" at the top of their lungs, when they are the ones with a sensitivity problem.

Pot meet kettle.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my 5 years here I've disliked 2 people, one was a joke. Did you even read what the guy did, do you think intentionally dropping spoilers is cool and not dislike worthy? You're entitled to your opinion.

You're just a hyper sensitive dope that loves playing the victim with an overwhelming persecution complex. Just keep being yourself and I will keep enjoying your work.

So was I the joke? I'm honored to be disliked by you!