Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps Bran being marked by the NK has had a profound effect on him?

I get that people seem to be arguing about who raped Daenerys. I really don't give a shit. Whether it was her brother or Drogo. One of them did the raping. Let it go. She got sexed without wanting to. That was the only thing that matters.

I'm more interested in finding out why Jon had a problem with the onion knight saying he took a dagger to the heart. He gave him that "naw bish, keep dat on the lowkey son" look.

I agree it really doesn't, and really don't want to get into the whole "was it really rape" argument. However, the context of what and how Dany says it is a dead giveaway, as it goes something like "I have been sold like a broodmare. I've been chained and betrayed, raped and defiled." implying being sold came first......

Jon is really uncomfortable about the whole being dead and brought back to life thing, he doesn't like anyone to know about it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If there ends up being a spinoff it had better be Dunk and Egg. Really need something a bit more fun to switch it up from GoT. Especially since some of the more 'fun' characters didn't make it into the show, which I think it could really use. I need some more Edd in my life, Jon's story really hurt from the show killing off Pip and Gren retardedly.

I think it will be.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that's the thing: he was completely fine when Benjen saved their asses. Then, suddenly, after a couple mile jaunt down to CB from where the corpse uncle parted with them he's a bit weird -- and after another 3 week cart ride he's a fucking sociopath. Again, the previous Three-eyed Raven spent 51 years in a god damned tree and was still pretty normal, but Bran goes full weirdo in a little over 3 weeks. I just don't get that. They could have at least made it a slow descent as he spent that year (or whatever it was) in the tree training rather than the sudden, precipitous, dive off the deep end that they went with.

New theory: Bran is the NK, but not the one you're thinking of...he is actually Gothlord NicK80...
All true and and I found it weird too but know it means something cause there's layers upon layerss to be looked at in GOT. Come to think of it did Sansa get along with any of her siblings? She was a cunt. Maybe he hates her. :lol:. Maybe he's distancing himself cause he knows what's coming and it's coming very shortly so nothing else matters. Maybe he told Sansa what he did to spare himself a much longer explanation of what he's become.

Giving it more thought, it could be he had no interest in reuniting with any family upon his return to Winterfell and only wanted to talk to John, not only about his parents but Bran's own encounter with the NK and how he can help Jon in his fight against the NK. Bran's own visions have been very disappointing for him where the people closest to him are concerned. He learned his father lied to him about defeating Dayne. May not seem like a big deal to some but Ned was suppose to be so honorable and all so why tell your son you defeated such a great fighter when he was actually stabbed in the back by another? Then he saw what he, himself, did to Hodor. That would just give him more cause to distance himself from loved ones. What other lives has he destroyed or is about to destroy unwittingly? Will he act the same to Arya when she comes? Most likely.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
'queers'? lol grade school. I really have no idea what any of that means. Who did I judge for having an opinion on a QB? When did I "shout snowflake"? This is babbling bullshit, I don't know what to make of it. Collect your thoughts and try again, or don't, either way.
+1

I only use the term snowflake as a joke to make fun of Trump supporters, but again, nobody ever confused Gunzaan with somebody who was smart.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
+1

I only use the term snowflake as a joke to make fun of Trump supporters, but again, nobody ever confused Gunzaan with somebody who was smart.

When he gets flustered he falls apart and just spews gibberish. I did enjoy the '*****' insult, very retro.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awwww, the loveable duo found something to bond over. How cute!

I'd change my name but Prope already did that... and 51 has homer as his avatar so there goes the 1990s material. I guess I could call you guys stupid but youve already done that to me... Hmmmm, how is a guy to be original?

I guess I'll just stick to talking about the show and let two "*****" guys be the comics, or try to be. Carry on, you silly little kids!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Awwww, the loveable duo found something to bond over. How cute!

I'd change my name but Prope already did that... and 51 has homer as his avatar so there goes the 1990s material. I guess I could call you guys stupid but youve already done that to me... Hmmmm, how is a guy to be original?

I guess I'll just stick to talking about the show and let two "*****" guys be the comics, or try to be. Carry on, you silly little kids!
Please stay on topic.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I get that people seem to be arguing about who raped Daenerys. I really don't give a shit. Whether it was her brother or Drogo. One of them did the raping. Let it go. She got sexed without wanting to. That was the only thing that matters.

I'm more interested in finding out why Jon had a problem with the onion knight saying he took a dagger to the heart. He gave him that "naw bish, keep dat on the lowkey son" look.

Think about it, you're trying to convince this Targaryean chick you never met (whose Dad BBQ'd ur gramps) to support you in a war again the living dead (you already sound a bit crazy) while also pissing her off because you refuse to renounce being King in the North.... and then ur dude gonna let it slip you were killed and brought back to life.... that is the last thing you want to explain to her in that moment.

If you gonna tell people you need help against Ice Zombies and the Night King, the fewer additional crazy things you have to explain the better.

Plus Jon seems ashamed of having been murdered/rezzed.... and you get into the whole he was a man of the Night's Watch, is he an oathbreaker for leaving?

The tree of conversation goes on and on where you don't want it if you are Jon

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
85424739.jpg

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously man, all things aside, it was Drogo who bought her like a brood mare, it was drogo in which she refers to as her rapist. Yes it complicates things a bit that she eventually came to love him (something that gets accelerated in the show vs the book) but that doesn't change the fact it was considered by most rape. Visery's never sexually abused Dany, that's absurd. To have done so would have soiled her, and in turn made her value to him zero (she was all he had to bargain with to get a dothraki army).

Where in the books or the series did she refer to Drogo as her rapist? I'm saying that it wasn't clear anywhere that she said that she was raped. We also have evidence that Dany's brother threatened her several times with unleashing the "dragon". NOW, I will concede that could mean several different things, including beating her but you have to concede that the "dragon" could be his dick. THere was also no story line that Drogo was looking for any virgin. THere wasn't any "test" in the story that he sent her to be examined for evidence of virginity.

She also didn't fight him on their wedding night and didn't whimper afterward. what I am saying is that while it isn't factual about Vicerys being the person that raped her, it also isn't factual that Drogo raped her either. It leaves the viewer to make that guess themselves.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jon's in a rush to get her on board for the fight against the NK and his army. He knows she already finds the whole thing about WWs and wights to be crazy so he doesn't want to add more crazy to it with the story of his death and resurrection.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jesus...fucking...christ... The people that make the fucking show said that Drogo raped her on their wedding night. She was crying during the encounter. She referred to the marriage as being "sold like a brood-mare," (slavery). This really isn't that difficult to understand.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That's fair as a response. Maybe Dany's look of astonishment made Jon wanting the thing quashed. Jon wants to be known as just a regular kind of guy, not some supernatural dude. He is constantly down playing himself all of the time, right? HE also might not want to be connected to the Red Bitch and her magic?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where in the books or the series did she refer to Drogo as her rapist? I'm saying that it wasn't clear anywhere that she said that she was raped. We also have evidence that Dany's brother threatened her several times with unleashing the "dragon". NOW, I will concede that could mean several different things, including beating her but you have to concede that the "dragon" could be his dick. THere was also no story line that Drogo was looking for any virgin. THere wasn't any "test" in the story that he sent her to be examined for evidence of virginity.

She also didn't fight him on their wedding night and didn't whimper afterward. what I am saying is that while it isn't factual about Vicerys being the person that raped her, it also isn't factual that Drogo raped her either. It leaves the viewer to make that guess themselves.
Emilia Clarke Talks About the Troubling Rape Scene on 'Game of Thrones'

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jesus...fucking...christ... The people that make the fucking show said that Drogo raped her on their wedding night. She was crying during the encounter. She referred to the marriage as being "sold like a brood-mare," (slavery). This really isn't that difficult to understand.

I was sure Drogo was the rape she referred to.... I just don't like the notion that she fell madly in love with a dude who raped her.

It runs contrary to the book and IMO is a gaping logical/emotional hole in the story.

Maybe it is common for women to fall madly in love with their rapist, but I've never heard of it.... in TV, Movies, or IRL.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was sure Drogo was the rape she referred to.... I just don't like the notion that she fell madly in love with a dude who raped her.

It runs contrary to the book and IMO is a gaping logical/emotional hole in the story.

Maybe it is common for women to fall madly in love with their rapist, but I've never heard of it.... in TV, Movies, or IRL.

Two issues:

1. Who was Dany referring to when she said she was raped in S7 E3.
2. Do you agree with Ares that this part of the story is messed up.

1. Only one guy is claiming it is anyone other than her husband the Kahl on their wedding night. That guy gets everything wrong, all the time.
2. I happen to agree with Ares, it's messed up that Dany is talking shit about the man she loved, and still thinks of him as a rapist.

Can we end the debate over who Dany was talking about?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

You actually think The Cawk is going to let go of his Special person notion? I mean, he's been harping on that idiotic Jorah and Dany falling in love thing for weeks despite the fact that any sane person is well aware that the chance of that occurring is zilch.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Two issues:

1. Who was Dany referring to when she said she was raped in S7 E3.
2. Do you agree with Ares that this part of the story is messed up.

1. Only one guy is claiming it is anyone other than her husband the Kahl on their wedding night. That guy gets everything wrong, all the time.
2. I happen to agree with Ares, it's messed up that Dany is talking shit about the man she loved, and still thinks of him as a rapist.

I suppose I never should have bothered posing the question.... lol I kind of posed it like "She can only really mean Drogo, right?"

I do feel like most viewers are breezing past this concept of a girl being raped, then just getting over it, deciding to have normal sex with said rapist, then falling madly in love with her rapist.

I know her tirade at Jon is 6 seasons after the fact, but it bothers me that I didn't notice it and go "Wtf..." during season 1.

I think too I didn't view it as rape at the time, just really bad sex.... but if she considers it rape, then she admits she was raped multiple times and then chose to seduce her rapist into having normal pleasurable sex with her and then fell in love with said rapist..... that course of events is so crazy to me.