Game of Thrones Thread

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
after feminist on social media made an uproar over the sansa and ramsay rape situation they've been on this crusade to kiss women's ass

feminist on twitter were celebrating the fact that dany acknowledge drogo as a rapist even though she fell madly in love with him and wanted to learn how to fuck him better

woman logic....

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So much more interesting things to discuss lol

I mean it's fact daenery bro sold her to drogo. And when they married he bent her over and raped the shit out of her

its just a fucking show stop taking all the joy out of it. Next thing you Know gays boycott the show for lack of dick shots now that grrm the perv plays a little role with the show

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I mean it's fact daenery bro sold her to drogo. And when they married he bent her over and raped the shit out of her

its just a fucking show stop taking all the joy out of it. Next thing you Know gays boycott the show for lack of dick shots now that grrm the perv plays a little role with the show

So this discussion has robbed you of enjoying the show? Really?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You and others may be right. But I am going back to what the culture was back then, assuming that you equate the culture of GoT to what the culture was during medieval times. I just think that it doesn't make sense that a person who calls a person her sun and moon thinks that she was raped. The show never showed a Dany who was wiped out because of her wedding night. Instead, she consulted with her handmaidens about making the experience better for herself.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
:hawked:

I told you guys he wouldn't let it go.

:obama:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You and others may be right. But I am going back to what the culture was back then, assuming that you equate the culture of GoT to what the culture was during medieval times. I just think that it doesn't make sense that a person who calls a person her sun and moon thinks that she was raped. The show never showed a Dany who was wiped out because of her wedding night. Instead, she consulted with her handmaidens about making the experience better for herself.
I think you, and even many of the others attacking you, didn't grasp the whole thing as it was intended. It was definitely rape in the beginning. She dreaded it. But she was sold into marriage so for her there's no way out. She could either let herself be controlled or learn to take control herself.

When she consults the hand maiden on how to make the Khal happy, it's not just to make him happy but to give herself control of the situation. At that point she still just fears him but feels by taking control, it will stop him from manhandling her. Drogo only knows what he knows from his savage culture but when she does implement what she learns and teaches him something new, he begins to respect her. That respect grows with time and as she also learns the Dothraki language. Then instead of being married to a savage who ignores her until it's time to bend her over and make like a dog in heat, she has a husband who respects her, talks to her and treats her nice. Then love grows but it doesn't mean she simply forgets what it felt like in the beginning.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies

Motherfucker, maybe I need to crack open my history book but I don't remember a lot of dragons flying around in 'cultures back then'

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Motherfucker, maybe I need to crack open my history book but I don't remember a lot of dragons flying around in 'cultures back then'

The Hawk is enjoying the docudrama Game of Thrones, he's really looking forward to the crusades.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean, History channel is about to make a series about the Templars.

*Shrug*

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Hawk is enjoying the docudrama Game of Thrones, he's really looking forward to the crusades.

Well, considering that he already posted that Richard I was banging Guinevere...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I suppose I never should have bothered posing the question.... lol I kind of posed it like "She can only really mean Drogo, right?"

I do feel like most viewers are breezing past this concept of a girl being raped, then just getting over it, deciding to have normal sex with said rapist, then falling madly in love with her rapist.

I know her tirade at Jon is 6 seasons after the fact, but it bothers me that I didn't notice it and go "Wtf..." during season 1.

I think too I didn't view it as rape at the time, just really bad sex.... but if she considers it rape, then she admits she was raped multiple times and then chose to seduce her rapist into having normal pleasurable sex with her and then fell in love with said rapist..... that course of events is so crazy to me.

Why do you think that I don't believe she was talking about Drago raping her? It is absolutely because of how she came to love Drogo as well as wanting the sex to be more pleasureable for them. Someone who considers someone else as their rapist doesn't praise that person, they revile the person. That is why it just doesn't make much sense to me. She also feared her brother and reacted with fear when he mentioned the "dragon" as her punishment.

All that being said, i'm not going to bring this up anymore because poor little TJ just doesn't want to hear any other theory about it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why do you think that I don't believe she was talking about Drago raping her? It is absolutely because of how she came to love Drogo as well as wanting the sex to be more pleasureable for them. Someone who considers someone else as their rapist doesn't praise that person, they revile the person. That is why it just doesn't make much sense to me. She also feared her brother and reacted with fear when he mentioned the "dragon" as her punishment.

All that being said, i'm not going to bring this up anymore because poor little TJ just doesn't want to hear any other theory about it.

The post you quoted was not directed at you....

But I don't believe you think she was talking about Drogo raping her because you don't believe she was talking about Drogo raping her.

You literally just indicated in this post that you don't think Drogo raped her, thus you don't think Dany meant Drogo when she said she was raped.

Idk if this is really happening lol

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We were talking about rape and sex back in medieval times were we not? Leave the dragons out of it. The story that Martin weaves contains a lot of medieval type practices and nomenclature. Women had little say so in who they married. As soon as they had their period, they were eligible to be married to whoever her family deemed. What do dragons have to do with anything that I said? What fucking point are you trying to make?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the spinoff (s) will be based on one of Grrm's completed novela's.

So which characters do you see being of interest in their younger life? I guess the younger days of King Robert and Ned Stark and the battles with the Targarians would be interesting. THe early life of the Imp would be also pretty interesting because of how his family would pretty much torture him:(

As far as sequels, though, I kind of doubt that would be of much interest unless Martin leaves a lot of intrigue at the end of season 8.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So which characters do you see being of interest in their younger life? I guess the younger days of King Robert and Ned Stark and the battles with the Targarians would be interesting. THe early life of the Imp would be also pretty interesting because of how his family would pretty much torture him:(

As far as sequels, though, I kind of doubt that would be of much interest unless Martin leaves a lot of intrigue at the end of season 8.

?????

The Dunk and Egg novela's predate the current show by 90 years.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
after feminist on social media made an uproar over the sansa and ramsay rape situation they've been on this crusade to kiss women's ass

feminist on twitter were celebrating the fact that dany acknowledge drogo as a rapist even though she fell madly in love with him and wanted to learn how to fuck him better

woman logic....

Funny stuff. Wonder what Planned Parenthood bitches thought about Tywin allowing Tyrion to be born. Should have been flushed down the toilet:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

They must be upset that Gray Worm managed to have sex with a woman. Must be campaigning for having a transgender storyline before the series ends. Maybe have Jenner ride one of the dragons to save the day?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think you, and even many of the others attacking you, didn't grasp the whole thing as it was intended. It was definitely rape in the beginning. She dreaded it. But she was sold into marriage so for her there's no way out. She could either let herself be controlled or learn to take control herself.

When she consults the hand maiden on how to make the Khal happy, it's not just to make him happy but to give herself control of the situation. At that point she still just fears him but feels by taking control, it will stop him from manhandling her. Drogo only knows what he knows from his savage culture but when she does implement what she learns and teaches him something new, he begins to respect her. That respect grows with time and as she also learns the Dothraki language. Then instead of being married to a savage who ignores her until it's time to bend her over and make like a dog in heat, she has a husband who respects her, talks to her and treats her nice. Then love grows but it doesn't mean she simply forgets what it felt like in the beginning.

I guess you can call her first sex with Drogo as "rape" but I go back to what the world was in medieval times which Martin pretty much borrows in this story line. Women were obligated to have sex with their husbands. There was no "not today, Drogo, I have a headache". And men didn't feel obligated to make sex pleasurable for their women. So, feminists might feel what happened was RAPE but that ignores reality back then.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

51 refuses to understand the parallels of Martin's story to the history and culture of medieval times. He is a very shallow person and cannot grasp the similarities.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, considering that he already posted that Richard I was banging Guinevere...

I corrected that within a few seconds after posting it. TJ is just an immature little mole.