Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why can't you just respectfully disagree? Why do you have to attack with insults and name calling? Let's try to keep this out of the gutter.

The Dothraki culture is irrelevant, no one is suggesting Drogo thought he was raping Dany. The issue is did Dany feel raped on her wedding night. In that scene she looked like she had been sold into slavery and is now stuck with a barbarian boning her doggy style.

IMO that was the rape she referenced in E3. That theory has problems that have been pointed out with great aplomb by Ares. He got his point across with no insults or name calling.

Spare me your self righteous crap. TJ is one of the most vile pieces of shit on this site. You attacked me yourself and now are retreating into your own self righteous assessment of yourself as if I was the wrongdoer. I know that a few of you are great "pals" and stick up for one another. "Great aplomb" by Ares, huh? Yippey for him:(

Nope, she wasn't sold into slavery. Did you even watch the series? She was married to the Dothracki chief in return for her brother's use of his horde. She talked to her servants about pleasuring her sun and moon and making her own sex more pleasurable even. Hardly slavery. IF anything, she probably wanted to be free of her asshole brother, raping and abusing her. Clearly she didn't display any remorse about his head being turned into a gold punch bowl.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
She fucking described the wedding as being "sold as a brood mare." Now, what class of people are generally sold? It isn't possible for someone being this dense...right?

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
She fucking described the wedding as being "sold as a brood mare." Now, what class of people are generally sold? It isn't possible for someone being this dense...right?

Alas, it is entirely possible.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spare me your self righteous crap. TJ is one of the most vile pieces of shit on this site. You attacked me yourself and now are retreating into your own self righteous assessment of yourself as if I was the wrongdoer. I know that a few of you are great "pals" and stick up for one another. "Great aplomb" by Ares, huh? Yippey for him:(

Nope, she wasn't sold into slavery. Did you even watch the series? She was married to the Dothracki chief in return for her brother's use of his horde. She talked to her servants about pleasuring her sun and moon and making her own sex more pleasurable even. Hardly slavery. IF anything, she probably wanted to be free of her asshole brother, raping and abusing her. Clearly she didn't display any remorse about his head being turned into a gold punch bowl.

Seriously man, all things aside, it was Drogo who bought her like a brood mare, it was drogo in which she refers to as her rapist. Yes it complicates things a bit that she eventually came to love him (something that gets accelerated in the show vs the book) but that doesn't change the fact it was considered by most rape. Visery's never sexually abused Dany, that's absurd. To have done so would have soiled her, and in turn made her value to him zero (she was all he had to bargain with to get a dothraki army).

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just FYI I read up on the whole "They have 4 spin-offs in the works..."

This is not true from what I read.

They have 4-5 ideas for spin-offs and intend on putting a single spin-off together after season 8 wraps up.

That could be too, I know I heard the 4-5 part.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what about the lack of story line from grrm is an excuse to skip what could have been epic battle scenes? Take the budgets from low performing shows and make this an epic show for us. I hope fat boy finishes the books but I highly doubt it.

Well, I don't think even the show's budget allows for an epic battle scene every episode, so I think we have to pass judgment on that after the season is over. I think we will have a much better battle scene next week for instance, and the major battles typically happened in episode 6 and ten years past. With a 7 episode season, that could easily translate into huge battle scenes in episode 4 and 6 or 7 (or both).

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But that's the thing: he was completely fine when Benjen saved their asses. Then, suddenly, after a couple mile jaunt down to CB from where the corpse uncle parted with them he's a bit weird -- and after another 3 week cart ride he's a fucking sociopath. Again, the previous Three-eyed Raven spent 51 years in a god damned tree and was still pretty normal, but Bran goes full weirdo in a little over 3 weeks. I just don't get that. They could have at least made it a slow descent as he spent that year (or whatever it was) in the tree training rather than the sudden, precipitous, dive off the deep end that they went with.

New theory: Bran is the NK, but not the one you're thinking of...he is actually Gothlord NicK80...

I hate what they have done with Bran, but my take is the closer the long night is, the weirder bran gets. Remember, this is something the three eyed raven never dealt with.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I hate what they have done with Bran, but my take is the closer the long night is, the weirder bran gets. Remember, this is something the three eyed raven never dealt with.

That's entirely possible. The extreme acceleration of it has just struck me as too stark a change in a series that has otherwise done an excellent job of pacing the character development.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's entirely possible. The extreme acceleration of it has just struck me as too stark a change in a series that has otherwise done an excellent job of pacing the character development.

They don't have source material and a limited amount of episodes, it will be what it is. The remaining episodes will all have holes in them as they rush to a conclusion.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, Bran has been plugged into the WWN for the majority of his trip back to the wall and Winterfell, kinda like a college kid cramming for finals. I hope he doesn't stay that way though......

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They don't have source material and a limited amount of episodes, it will be what it is. The remaining episodes will all have holes in them as they rush to a conclusion.

I tend to think that aspect is less a plot hole and more a simple misstep of planning on the part of the production team. Perhaps they hadn't planned on him getting all fucking weird and just interjected it, or maybe they knew that it was going to happen and they just mishandled the transition (since there pretty much is none).

Well, Bran has been plugged into the WWN for the majority of his trip back to the wall and Winterfell, kinda like a college kid cramming for finals. I hope he doesn't stay that way though......

It kind of looks like that's the character we're going to get from now on, which kind of sucks since he's a tad insufferable.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Awwww, prope and a Special person are mad, the same fools generalizing and judging others for having opinions on a QB. The same queers shouting "snowflakes" at the top of their lungs, when they are the ones with a sensitivity problem.

Pot meet kettle.

'queers'? lol grade school. I really have no idea what any of that means. Who did I judge for having an opinion on a QB? When did I "shout snowflake"? This is babbling bullshit, I don't know what to make of it. Collect your thoughts and try again, or don't, either way.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
'queers'? lol grade school. I really have no idea what any of that means. Who did I judge for having an opinion on a QB? When did I "shout snowflake"? This is babbling bullshit, I don't know what to make of it. Collect your thoughts and try again, or don't, either way.

If you want to play dumb, go ahead.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I think the spinoff (s) will be based on one of Grrm's completed novela's.

If there ends up being a spinoff it had better be Dunk and Egg. Really need something a bit more fun to switch it up from GoT. Especially since some of the more 'fun' characters didn't make it into the show, which I think it could really use. I need some more Edd in my life, Jon's story really hurt from the show killing off Pip and Gren retardedly.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Perhaps Bran being marked by the NK has had a profound effect on him?

I get that people seem to be arguing about who raped Daenerys. I really don't give a shit. Whether it was her brother or Drogo. One of them did the raping. Let it go. She got sexed without wanting to. That was the only thing that matters.

I'm more interested in finding out why Jon had a problem with the onion knight saying he took a dagger to the heart. He gave him that "naw bish, keep dat on the lowkey son" look.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps it takes decades to master Bran's powers and he is being forced fed them because of the urgency?

Perhaps the Greyjoy fleet is big enough to be in multiple places at once if they split up?

Perhaps Khaleesi was raped because it's a series of books written about medieval times, where women were looked on as property?

Perhaps the tv show throws in more PC dialogue and pro-feminist aspects, that deviate from the books, in order to maximize their viewers and $$$?