Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The post you quoted was not directed at you....

But I don't believe you think she was talking about Drogo raping her because you don't believe she was talking about Drogo raping her.

You literally just indicated in this post that you don't think Drogo raped her, thus you don't think Dany meant Drogo when she said she was raped.

Idk if this is really happening lol

Congratulations. You've just created the dumbest post that you ever have graced us with.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess you can call her first sex with Drogo as "rape" but I go back to what the world was in medieval times which Martin pretty much borrows in this story line. Women were obligated to have sex with their husbands. There was no "not today, Drogo, I have a headache". And men didn't feel obligated to make sex pleasurable for their women. So, feminists might feel what happened was RAPE but that ignores reality back then.
I can give you the fact that in Drogo's eyes, it wasn't rape but from Dany's perspective it most definitely was. For Drogo, it was just his culture. For Dany, it was not a marriage she wanted. She was sold into it like, as she said, a broodmare. She wasn't giving herself willingly and was in fear.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
?????

The Dunk and Egg novela's predate the current show by 90 years.

I don't think that would be in the cards. I think that there needs to be some pretty good linkage to the current characters in the show either in a prequel or a sequel. Haven't read the two novelas, though. Do you think that there is enough of a story to make a new series out of it?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can give you the fact that in Drogo's eyes, it wasn't rape but from Dany's perspective it most definitely was. For Drogo, it was just his culture. For Dany, it was not a marriage she wanted. She was sold into it like, as she said, a broodmare. She wasn't giving herself willingly and was in fear.

You pretty much can say the same thing about all of the arranged marriages that have occurred in history. Hell, look at all of the arranged marriages in this story alone. None of them had the woman giving herself willingly. Look at Cersei and Robert. Sansa had what, 3-4 of them? Dany was not any different from the majority of the other women in the story when you really think about it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You pretty much can say the same thing about all of the arranged marriages that have occurred in history. Hell, look at all of the arranged marriages in this story alone. None of them had the woman giving herself willingly. Look at Cersei and Robert. Sansa had what, 3-4 of them? Dany was not any different from the majority of the other women in the story when you really think about it.
Cersei never had intercourse with Robert. Did Ramsay rape Sansa?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cersei never had intercourse with Robert. Did Ramsay rape Sansa?

She didn't? Where is that established? Robert had a lot of whores but I do not recall anyone say that she didn't have sex with him. She must have because Robert was not the sort of lout that would have left her alone. Hell,even Ned was shocked when he researched the lineage of the Baratheon's and wondered about Cersei's kids not being Robert's. Remember?

As for Ramsey and Sansa, yeah, I'd say that was absolutely rape.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
She didn't? Where is that established? Robert had a lot of whores but I do not recall anyone say that she didn't have sex with him. She must have because Robert was not the sort of lout that would have left her alone. Hell,even Ned was shocked when he researched the lineage of the Baratheon's and wondered about Cersei's kids not being Robert's. Remember?

As for Ramsey and Sansa, yeah, I'd say that was absolutely rape.
Well, the deal with Ramsay and Sansa was exactly the same as with Dany and Drogo even though the Dany/Drogo relationship changed after that..

Cersei said herself she never had it with Robert. It's how she knew her children were from Jaime. She said she would pleasure the drunken King in other ways so she never had to actually have intercourse with him.

And remember a young stupid Sansa wanted to marry Joffrey. When she was forced to marry Tyrion, he never forced himself on her cause he knew that would be rape.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
51 refuses to understand the parallels of Martin's story to the history and culture of medieval times. He is a very shallow person and cannot grasp the similarities.

Smoke baby assassins. Fire breathing dragons. Zombies. Giants. Bringing people back from the dead. Faceless men.

1,000 years ago parts of earth were like Westeros. Then progress happened and everything changed. Nothing has changed in Westeros for thousands of years, no comparison. I think the differences far outweigh the similarities, and I think that was Martins intent.

The Hawk wants a 1 to 1 comparison, because that's simple. I have no interest in trying to drag Martins fantasy world into Earths actual history to make it easier to deal with. I love the fact that this world is so foreign and unique, our rules don't apply, and that's a positive.

If you really want medieval times so desperately, they have restaurants. 'Would ye like more ale Hawk Knight?'

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the deal with Ramsay and Sansa was exactly the same as with Dany and Drogo even though the Dany/Drogo relationship changed after that..

Exactly this^^ one can't be rape while the other isn't.

Cersei said herself she never had it with Robert. It's how she knew her children were from Jaime. She said she would pleasure the drunken King in other ways so she never had to actually have intercourse with him.

Cersei and Robert did have 1 legitimate child but he died. Cersei wanted to marry Robert and admits in S1 to once loving him. But after awhile Cersei started to turn into who she is now. I kinda feel like Sansa is following that same path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hold up. How is Sansa following that same path? I don't see any parallel between their story arcs. Or are you trying to say she will actually end up with Littlefinger?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And remember a young stupid Sansa wanted to marry Joffrey. When she was forced to marry Tyrion, he never forced himself on her cause he knew that would be rape.

Not true about Robert and Cersei. I looked it up:

Robert Baratheon was a handsome man and the King of the Seven Kingdoms.

In the series, they portrayed Robert Baratheon as a Fat guy. But this was not complete story of Robert Baratheon. He was a Charming and Strong Warrior.

Now the Cersei and Robert Part :

Though the marriage of Cersei and Robert was a political marriage. At first Cersei was infatuated with the handsome Robert. But as Robert called Lyanna Stark on their wedding night, their love begun to vanish slowly.

And Robert was not a Ideal King he was more interested in Drinking, Whoring and Hunting. And the kingdom was running by the “small council” led by Jon Arryn.(Same man who was responsible for the marriage of Cersei and Robert).

To Sum up all of this:

We can say that, Yes she Loved Him at first, but he did not cared about her(As he Loved Lyanna Stark). And love Vanished(Plus Converted into Hatred).

“Cersei also tells Robert that at the start of their marriage she truly loved him, even after their first boy died, for quitea while. He says he knows, but could never love her back due to his feelings for Lyanna Stark”.

1.2k Views · 3 Upvotes

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hold up. How is Sansa following that same path? I don't see any parallel between their story arcs. Or are you trying to say she will actually end up with Littlefinger?

No I'm not saying that. I'm saying I can see her turning into a terrible vindictive cunt. I kind of get the feeling she'll betray Jon eventually. She has spent a lot of time learning from Cersei, LF, and even Ramses.

LF is still whispering in her ear and eventually she'll learn Jon isn't a Stark/Snow but Targaryean.

Just a hunch. I've got no spoiler info I'm going of or anything like that.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cersei and Robert did have 1 legitimate child but he died. Cersei wanted to marry Robert and admits in S1 to once loving him. But after awhile Cersei started to turn into who she is now.
Ah, I was thinking of this scene when she said what I said she said.

[video=youtube;ucB4UrhI-3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucB4UrhI-3w[/video]

I kinda feel like Sansa is following that same path.
I don't see that. Not enough time for Sansa to reach those depths. Even took Cersei 7 seasons to reach those depths. She was a bitch in the beginning but had some redeeming qualities. Now, she's a mad queen with no redeeming qualities.

The show teases some possibilities with Sansa but I believe she'll stay true for the most part. She won't try to usurp Jon and Little Fucker won't be in her head much longer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Smoke baby assassins. Fire breathing dragons. Zombies. Giants. Bringing people back from the dead. Faceless men.

1,000 years ago parts of earth were like Westeros. Then progress happened and everything changed. Nothing has changed in Westeros for thousands of years, no comparison. I think the differences far outweigh the similarities, and I think that was Martins intent.

The Hawk wants a 1 to 1 comparison, because that's simple. I have no interest in trying to drag Martins fantasy world into Earths actual history to make it easier to deal with. I love the fact that this world is so foreign and unique, our rules don't apply, and that's a positive.

If you really want medieval times so desperately, they have restaurants. 'Would ye like more ale Hawk Knight?'

What the hell is the matter with you. It would take a total dummy to not recognize how much Martin has borrowed from medieval practices into his lore. The supposed code of knighthood, chivalry, castles with keeps, arranged marriages for consolidating and increasing a lord's power, etc. It is interesting that in your quest to insult me, you so gravely fuck up even simple things. You really are just a jerk-off not to be taken serious.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly this^^ one can't be rape while the other isn't.

Cersei and Robert did have 1 legitimate child but he died. Cersei wanted to marry Robert and admits in S1 to once loving him. But after awhile Cersei started to turn into who she is now. I kinda feel like Sansa is following that same path.

I think that there can be a difference between what Drogo did and what Ramsey did. Ramsey really abused Sansa as part of the "act". Drogo did not. HE merely executed the "act" in Dothraki style. No foreplay, whatsoever, for sure. He mounted her as a stallion would mount a mare. But she submitted to him while I feel Sansa never submitted to Ramsey. Ramsey was a sadistic ass-hole. Drogo was not. He didn't know any better technique until Dany "taught hm".

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not true about Robert and Cersei. I looked it up:

Robert Baratheon was a handsome man and the King of the Seven Kingdoms.

In the series, they portrayed Robert Baratheon as a Fat guy. But this was not complete story of Robert Baratheon. He was a Charming and Strong Warrior.

Now the Cersei and Robert Part :

Though the marriage of Cersei and Robert was a political marriage. At first Cersei was infatuated with the handsome Robert. But as Robert called Lyanna Stark on their wedding night, their love begun to vanish slowly.

And Robert was not a Ideal King he was more interested in Drinking, Whoring and Hunting. And the kingdom was running by the “small council” led by Jon Arryn.(Same man who was responsible for the marriage of Cersei and Robert).

To Sum up all of this:

We can say that, Yes she Loved Him at first, but he did not cared about her(As he Loved Lyanna Stark). And love Vanished(Plus Converted into Hatred).

“Cersei also tells Robert that at the start of their marriage she truly loved him, even after their first boy died, for quitea while. He says he knows, but could never love her back due to his feelings for Lyanna Stark”.

1.2k Views · 3 Upvotes
Yeah, I fucked that up a bit but you get the idea with the other parallels I brought up. Either way you look at it with Cersei and King Fatso, it was a different situation than the one with Sansa and Ramsay or Dany and Drogo in the beginning.

Whereas Tyrion had the good sense to know forcing himself on his new unwilling bride would be wrong and indecent, Drogo was just a savage who only knew the ways of savages.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the hell is the matter with you. It would take a total dummy to not recognize how much Martin has borrowed from medieval practices into his lore. The supposed code of knighthood, chivalry, castles with keeps, arranged marriages for consolidating and increasing a lord's power, etc. It is interesting that in your quest to insult me, you so gravely fuck up even simple things. You really are just a jerk-off not to be taken serious.

I think we all fully grasp what historical features RR Martin borrowed, but since he also has Dragons and Ice Zombies and a fantasy world on a made up planet where the people never advanced socially or technologically over the course of 1000 years, we can safely say that you cannot presume anything applicable to society in human Medieval times is applicable to RR Martin's fantasy society.

Hence you assuming any sexual/rape concepts you might find in human Medieval history are applicable to RR Martin's fantasy society is false, you cannot assume that, sorry.