Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope they don't go that route, I am so tired of the whole time paradox ending...............

Not to mention that would change everything, 8000 years of history, Most, if not all of the characters would cease to exist.

Well I'd prefer it be more like Bran becomes the Night King as a means to unite men as that seems to be the only way for all these competing assholes to get their shit together. So Jon and Dany agree to marry to unite the Iron Throne and the North. They then defeat their living enemies collectively but before they can be overrun by the Dead, Bran faces off with his older self for control of the Army of the Dead. Perhaps he then contemplates killing himself but realizing he is can't without creating a paradox (don't ask me how he knows the rules of time travel), he is lost to time and accepts his fate as having to grow up and be killed to create the NK.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good luck rescuing a sand snake months after she has been poisoned.......

It may not be months. Who's to say in this series where entire armies suddenly appear and disappear at a director's sort of whim? Perhaps Jamie and Bronn do get away and end up back at King's Landing? Bronn is going to need a proper wench and the Sand Snake is there for the taking. Also, Bronn is sort of used to the potions used isn't he? Maybe he forces the potion maker to give her the antidote? One way or the other Bronn is going to take the snake, methinks.

I doubt Arya is the one that kills Cersie

Who do you think will do it then? I think that she would kill herself before ever being captured. I doubt Jamie would do it and Sansa would not get near her. Nope, it'll be Arya using a disguised face.

I think Mel getting kidnapped and greyworm betraying Dany to secure her release is a more plausible betrayal.

Mel is not going to get kidnapped. Noone could get that close to her to do that. IF there is a betrayal, it might be Mel or Varys as a long shot.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well Sansa is only wise to him because he told her all his strategies. The girl has been pretty clueless and oblivious throughout the show and is only now showing some common sense because of his tutelage.

She's wise to him cause he's fucked her over before and she knows he's just out for himself and willing to use anyone in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Speaking of which, that was my biggest gripe of the episode. Where the fuck did this water come from. Prior to the scene, it looked like no water was around except for puddles but then somehow there just so happens to be some deep body of water for Jaimie and Bron to fall into right near the dragon.

It seemed like they were right outside King's Landing. Just before the attack Tarly rolls up to Jaime and says they just got the gold in the city, which I take to mean their army is camped relatively near by. So I assume that was Blackwater Bay.

Now, how the depth went from shallow enough for Jaime to gallop through to suddenly it's the briny deeps, I don't know. Maybe the Bears need to draft Bronn as a hard hitting safety because apparently he can lay lumber hard enough to send Jaime out to sea.

Reactions: BNB

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mel is not going to get kidnapped. Noone could get that close to her to do that. IF there is a betrayal, it might be Mel or Varys as a long shot.

Coming from the guy that still thinks Bronn can rescue tynne..................

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets see now. The Lancaster army has been wiped out now. The Tyrell army is gone. But the sea belongs to Euron and his blokes. Somehow what remains of Dany's fleet has to get the Worm back into the fight. I could see Theon and Davos sneaking past Euron's navy and getting the Worm back into the fight. Maybe the Imp's knowledge of the weaknesses of Kings Landing gets them into it to rescue Theon's sis also. Don't see the Dothraki talents coming into play in the attack on king's Landing. I could see them as key participants in the fight against the White Walkers, though.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets see now. The Lancaster army has been wiped out now. The Tyrell army is gone. But the sea belongs to Euron and his blokes. Somehow what remains of Dany's fleet has to get the Worm back into the fight. I could see Theon and Davos sneaking past Euron's navy and getting the Worm back into the fight. Maybe the Imp's knowledge of the weaknesses of Kings Landing gets them into it to rescue Theon's sis also. Don't see the Dothraki talents coming into play in the attack on king's Landing. I could see them as key participants in the fight against the White Walkers, though.

Euron is a front runner. He'll haul ass once the odds are stacked against him. Dany could take the Iron Throne any time she wishes. I just think they're all going to go after the army of the dead first.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gotta say that Dany's attack on the Lancaster army was a surprise to me. Seemed like she sort of accepted Jon's advice for not attacking King's Landing in a vengeance move, right? With the gold in Cersei's pocket, though, she(Cersei) may have some options for herself other than simply being a Lannister who always pays her debts? Maybe she has Euron recruit an army for her using the gold. He's been around the world and must know a bunch of thugs to recruit?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Coming from the guy that still thinks Bronn can rescue tynne..................

It's really the only thing that makes logical sense. And quit the fucking insults. Bronn is going to rescue the snake. And I didn't reach that conclusion from reading your "spoilers" either. Too bad that you cannot be just a good sport about things.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Euron is a front runner. He'll haul ass once the odds are stacked against him. Dany could take the Iron Throne any time she wishes. I just think they're all going to go after the army of the dead first.

I don't think so. It'll take Jon some time to turn that Dragonglass into weapons. I could see Mormont taking that operation over for Jon BTW. I also see Mormont leading reinforcements to the Wall in the fight against the White Walkers. I think that they will finish off the Lannister's and then next season will be all about the fight against the White Walkers.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
She's wise to him cause he's fucked her over before and she knows he's just out for himself and willing to use anyone in the process.

He's tried to teach her his game for much of their interactions. Hell he just did so again recently when he talked about everyone being an enemy and a friend and how one should fight every battle simultaneously. She'd have to be pretty stupid not to have gained some insight from the man considering all the pearls of wisdom he's dropped on her.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It seemed like they were right outside King's Landing. Just before the attack Tarly rolls up to Jaime and says they just got the gold in the city, which I take to mean their army is camped relatively near by. So I assume that was Blackwater Bay.

Now, how the depth went from shallow enough for Jaime to gallop through to suddenly it's the briny deeps, I don't know. Maybe the Bears need to draft Bronn as a hard hitting safety because apparently he can lay lumber hard enough to send Jaime out to sea.

Guess he rides on water. Just call him Jesus Lannister. But year I watched it again and he was riding along the cost of the lake and you are right, Bron must be Dick Butkus because he knocked the dude clear into the deep water.

Gotta say that Dany's attack on the Lancaster army was a surprise to me. Seemed like she sort of accepted Jon's advice for not attacking King's Landing in a vengeance move, right? With the gold in Cersei's pocket, though, she(Cersei) may have some options for herself other than simply being a Lannister who always pays her debts? Maybe she has Euron recruit an army for her using the gold. He's been around the world and must know a bunch of thugs to recruit?

Isn't most of that gold for the Iron Bank. I suppose they said they could lend her some more but not sure I'd be willing to do so when her army just got wiped out by a dragon. Not a great investment blowing money on armies when the enemy has 3 dragons.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. You dudes are way ahead of me in terms of "whats next". I'm just wondering if the dragon that got shot was also poisoned, or can still fly!

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You guys seem to harbor a giant misconception about how wagon-trains/supply lines work. The Lannister army wasn't wiped out, that was only a small portion of it. Hell, right before the battle Jaime et al were discussing how their line was stretched too thin to be able to defend itself (with the head already having delivered the gold to KL and the tail being made up of stragglers that good ol Randyll wanted to have flogged as motivation). So, the army was stretched out over a number of miles and the attack hit the middle of it. It appears to have lost it's primary commander, but old many Tarly is a stud in that respect, so Jaime will simply be replaced as the vast majority of the army should have survived the assault.

As for reinforcements, they already discussed employing the Golden Company with a future loan from the Iron Bank once they paid off their current balance (done).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I was just using the Hawk's terminology. My point was simply once this attack is known and I am the Iron Bank, there is no logical reason for me to lend Cersei more money for an army until these dragons are dealt with. It's wasted money.

It would be like lending money for a guy to go buy more guns when the opponent has a nuke. Until you neutralize the nuke, all you are doing is throwing money down the toilet.

Unless of course that money is being spent on building a shit ton of those dragon cross bows. It's a lot easier to promise more loans and shit when a dragon attack is just theory. Now people have seen what 1 can actually do and she has 3 of them.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bwahahaha:

85430960.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's like Dr. Manhattan from The Watchmen. Another dude who had some shit happened to him, turned blue and then grew bored and distant regarding humanity's problems.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuck, Remy...I was going to wait and see who got the reference.