Game of Thrones Thread

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Even if Danny's win in this particular battle wasn't in itself a huge deal, you'd think the psychological effect of a single dragon fucking up shit plus the Dothraki going HAM should be pretty huge propaganda wise.

No one in Westeros had seen dragons in action, so you'd think Danny and her admin would use the victory, even if it ends up being minor militarily, to her advantage.

I'm also pulling for Jaime. In the books more time is spent on his growth from being a huge prick to being a decent person. Like all the Lannisters, Jaime is a pretty great character. The thing people in that world give him the most shit and grief for is probably the bravest thing any knight had done in a long, long time. In a just and sane world 'Kingslayer' would have been used as an honorific. He put aside his own honor and shit to save the city when he killed the Mad King.

His story line is one of my favorites in the books. Martin gets a lot of shit, deservedly so, for his writing, but that man can really craft fully formed characters. I really think the entire Lannister family is in the top 10 characters in the series. Danny and Jon, arguably the two protagonists, are the least interesting primary characters by a mile.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Bronn gonna be captured with Jamie and just switch sides lol.... Tyrion will say something going back to his season 1 with Bronn like "Didn't I tell you if anyone offered you more I would double it?"

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think Bronn gonna be captured with Jamie and just switch sides lol.... Tyrion will say something going back to his season 1 with Bronn like "Didn't I tell you if anyone offered you more I would double it?"

Possibly. I actually think he's going to rescue the Sand Snake girl. I think it really works.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The only way I see it where the snake chicks are still relevant is if condition of bron joining danerys army is to save them cause they are the key to dornish armies. Otherwise bron cares for money which buys all the pussy you can handle he has no attachments no titles he wants to get paid!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only way I see it where the snake chicks are still relevant is if condition of bron joining danerys army is to save them cause they are the key to dornish armies. Otherwise bron cares for money which buys all the pussy you can handle he has no attachments no titles he wants to get paid!

Nah all Bronn cares about is that Sand Snake teenager he wants to fuck, which is obvious considering all the time he has spent talking about her and Dorn in all 22 seconds of screen time he has had speaking since his foray to Dorn with Jamie

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Possibly. I actually think he's going to rescue the Sand Snake girl. I think it really works.

I actually wish this would happen, not for any love loss of Tyene, but I really like Bronn, would love to see him and Jamie on Team Dany/Jon vs the WW's. It very well might happen, but not under the context of Tyene being saved/rescued.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Nah all Bronn cares about is that Sand Snake teenager he wants to fuck, which is obvious considering all the time he has spent talking about her and Dorn in all 22 seconds of screen time he has had speaking since his foray to Dorn with Jamie

You know how much sand pussy you can get with a bag of gold?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

jamie and Bronn Escape, Tarly gets captured, Tyrion and Davos make an undercover trip to KL to meet with Jamie,
to try and convince him to have Cersie surrender (he doesn't). No secret trip needed if he is captured. During this trip they find Gendry, who is in KL, and he comes back to dragonstone with them.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You know how much sand pussy you can get with a bag of gold?

Yeah but Bronn needs that very specific teenage pussy, not just any Dorn teen pussy, it's only logical

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even if Danny's win in this particular battle wasn't in itself a huge deal, you'd think the psychological effect of a single dragon fucking up shit plus the Dothraki going HAM should be pretty huge propaganda wise.

No one in Westeros had seen dragons in action, so you'd think Danny and her admin would use the victory, even if it ends up being minor militarily, to her advantage.

I'm also pulling for Jaime. In the books more time is spent on his growth from being a huge prick to being a decent person. Like all the Lannisters, Jaime is a pretty great character. The thing people in that world give him the most shit and grief for is probably the bravest thing any knight had done in a long, long time. In a just and sane world 'Kingslayer' would have been used as an honorific. He put aside his own honor and shit to save the city when he killed the Mad King.

His story line is one of my favorites in the books. Martin gets a lot of shit, deservedly so, for his writing, but that man can really craft fully formed characters. I really think the entire Lannister family is in the top 10 characters in the series. Danny and Jon, arguably the two protagonists, are the least interesting primary characters by a mile.

Eh not a huge fan of Jaime. I wouldn't necessarily say he has grown either. He is who he always was. A flawed character who can be both chivalrous and cruel. We knew he has always had some chivalry in him because he killed the Mad King to save the city but we also know he also had a cruel streak when he so nonchalantly tried to kill Bran Stark. The only distinction here is the audience saw the cruel side first and only ever heard about the chivalry so when his compassion came out later, people perceive it as growth.

I also think there is a tendency for people to view flawed characters as more interesting because they did to have more variety in their personality but frankly I think the journey's Dany and Snow have been on are much more interesting because they actually had to struggle. Jaime's biggest obstacle in his very privileged life has been insults related to Kingslayer. Oh the tragedy. Not to mention he is a bitch completely incapable of standing up to his crazy sister despite her machinations essentially costing them, all of their children's lives. The dude is basically a cuckold who can't control his lover/sister and a shitty father. If he had exhibited just half the courage he once had when he killed the mad King, Cersei and Joffery would have been reined in or dead.

Dany and Jon have faced far more obstacles in their lives. And Dany at least has the integrity to admit her father was a monster. Something Jaime couldn't do with either his sister/lover or his son. He's easily the most frustrating character in the series for me as I lay much of the blame on what happened to his ultimate failure as a man.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
jamie and Bronn Escape, Tarly gets captured, Tyrion and Davos make an undercover trip to KL to meet with Jamie,
to try and convince him to have Cersie surrender (he doesn't). No secret trip needed if he is captured. During this trip they find Gendry, who is in KL, and he comes back to dragonstone with them.

gendry make a come back on the show interesting bastards are ruling this shit! Wonder if arya and gendry get it on. Cersei has to die either this season or next. Has to be arya that kills her with Jaimie face!!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FTR Jamie is a very different character in the books.... he certainly grows and becomes more sympathetic as the book story moves along.

Also IIRC the last you hear of Jamie in the books, Brienne shows up where he is camped outside Riverrun and then they disappear together.

I think Cersei hears this from someone as she is either in captivity or awaiting her trial.

I got the feeling Martin wasn't steering Jamie as a character towards simply returning and going back to being the same old Jamie banging his sister.

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
people please use the spoiler wraps...nobody wants to know who is making a comeback to the show

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
people please use the spoiler wraps...nobody wants to know who is making a comeback to the show

The Hawk spreads enough rambling nonsense in this thread that I believe nothing posted, so even spoilers are not spoilers for me in this thread.

Well done Hawk.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawk spreads enough rambling nonsense in this thread that I believe nothing posted, so even spoilers are not spoilers for me in this thread.

Well done Hawk.

has anything I pointed out in previous spoiler tags been proven to be untrue? Or maybe that wasn't directed at me so much as the hawkling......

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
has anything I pointed out in previous spoiler tags been proven to be untrue? Or maybe that wasn't directed at me so much as the hawkling......

Yeah nothing directed at you.... lol i avoid your spoiler tags because I know they are true spoilers.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with this assessment completely. While it might not have crippled the Lannister forces, it dealt them a blow, and at the moment they are in the wholly shit, what are we going to do against that phase. The look of pure horror on Jamies face was priceless. Not to mention, Dany only brought one dragon, imagine what three can do.

If it were to have taken out more than half the Lannister forces, as a few here seem to think, the show would almost be over, and Cersei would almost be forced to surrender now. I don't think D & D plan on removing their major antagonist this early in the game.