Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good but we already know Cersei is choked to death by her brother. . .

do we?

"the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.”

Kind of hard to do with only one hand. So, I can still see the Jamie killing Cersei, but obviously the prophecy can
t be taken too literally.

Jon is Azor Ahai and has to plunge Longclaw through the heart of Bran

before you kill the NK you have to forge the sword, two separate acts.

"Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, while her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon"

Random musings

I think the dagger will be needed to kill the NK, and this brings with it certain ironic twists. If Bran is the NK (and I really hope I am wrong), the irony will be it is the same dagger that was used to try to kill him in episode 1, and not to mention that he held it in his hand just last episode. full circle

Jamie now has Widows Wail, and if he eventually unites with Brienne, the two swords that collectively used to be ice.

The dragon must have three heads, never thought this had anything to do with being a dragon rider, rather an alliance. As of know we have two heads, Jon and Dany. IMO Jamie is the third head.

If Jamie does end up killing Cersei, he could simultaneously be a kinslayer, and Kingslayer. If he is later the one to kill the NK, he will have killed three kings, all for the good of the realm. full circle

145167.34f71e7d-feac-408d-a96d-44a344af675a.jpg

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Does the night king have to die or just defeated back to the place of always winter?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look at how they shot that scene, it was an obvious reveal when the dragon turned it's head. You claim to know that the wagon shot was not it's last breath, you claim to know the severity of it's injuries, what the dragon was capable of at that moment. That is complete bullshit, it was filmed to make that moment a reveal, you claim you are smarter than the film makers due to your advanced knowledge of dragon anatomy. Even the Hawk is not that full of shit.

I know you will never give up on this, and I can't prove you didn't know the dragons condition (but you didn't), so, sure you knew all along, way ahead of everybody. Congrats.

You are being dense. No one should be stupid enough to gamble their life on a fire breathing dragon running out of fire when they just finished using fire.

The scene was filmed as such to create suspense. That had no bearing on whether it was realistic for Jamie to think the dragon was dying or running out of fire. Or that it couldn't swipe him with its tail.

The audience knew the dragon would attack because Dany wasn't going to die right then and there and Tyrion already foreshadowed Jamie would fail because he remarked how stupid it was. That was the audience cue that Jamie with fail.

In story, it was a stupid fucking idea by Jamie because he had no evidence the dragon was dying, out of fire or could no longer use his tail to swat him like a fly. In fact he had ample evidence to the contrary because after being wounded the dragon used fire as it had been doing the whole battle and it destroyed a wagon with its tail.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe I should ask Remy, can a dragon run out of fire, to the point it needs to recharge for a time, or does it have an unlimited supply? I failed advanced dragon anatomy.......

What in the scene suggests it ran out of fire and who besides Jamie would be stupid enough to throw away their life on such speculation?

There was nothing in the scene that suggested that was his last breath. Don't be ridiculous. The dragon was using fire for the entire battle and continued to use fire after being wounded. If I am betting my life then I am betting on it still being able to use fire as nothing in the battle suggests otherwise.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All dragons are male. It's like you don't even know dragons.

Only after King Obama ordered all dragons to have transgender surgery and share a common bathroom.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All dragons are male. It's like you don't even know dragons.

Dragons are certainly not all male. In Reign of Fire there was only one male dragon who produced only female dragons. So the only way for mankind to survive was that they had to kill the male in a tunnel below a London subway that Quinn's mother died in.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
do we?

Kind of hard to do with only one hand. So, I can still see the Jamie killing Cersei, but obviously the prophecy can
t be taken too literally.

before you kill the NK you have to forge the sword, two separate acts.

"Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, while her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon"

Random musings

I think the dagger will be needed to kill the NK, and this brings with it certain ironic twists. If Bran is the NK (and I really hope I am wrong), the irony will be it is the same dagger that was used to try to kill him in episode 1, and not to mention that he held it in his hand just last episode. full circle

Jamie now has Widows Wail, and if he eventually unites with Brienne, the two swords that collectively used to be ice.

The dragon must have three heads, never thought this had anything to do with being a dragon rider, rather an alliance. As of know we have two heads, Jon and Dany. IMO Jamie is the third head.

If Jamie does end up killing Cersei, he could simultaneously be a kinslayer, and Kingslayer. If he is later the one to kill the NK, he will have killed three kings, all for the good of the realm. full circle

145167.34f71e7d-feac-408d-a96d-44a344af675a.jpg

I think Jaime will play a key role and, as you say, complete that arc of redemption. I just don't think he's the one to kill the NK.

I do like that dagger theory. It is so GOT.

I'm kinda leaning toward Arya killing Cersei with the face of either Jaime or Tyrion.

The dragon must have 3 heads, I believe it's 3 leaders, specifically 3 Targaryens, that are referred to, Dany Targaryen, Aegon Targaryen aka Jon Snow and maybe Tyrion revealed to be one next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dragons are certainly not all male. In Reign of Fire there was only one male dragon who produced only female dragons. So the only way for mankind to survive was that they had to kill the male in a tunnel below a London subway that Quinn's mother died in.

Was kidding. Believe they are actually said to be genderless. Ask Remy. This is up his alley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cersei will be killed by Arya using possibly Jamie's face to get close. I can envision it now. Cersei wants to get a little and wants Jamie so they get in bed. Then she notices that somehow, "Jamie" has grown another hand but by then it is too late because Arya is already strangling her:)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer Cersei go out Julius Caesar style where everyone stabs her with the final stab coming from Jamie so Cersei can be like, "Et tu Jamie?"

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You are being dense. No one should be stupid enough to gamble their life on a fire breathing dragon running out of fire when they just finished using fire.

I stopped reading there, nobody said "running out of fire" you're just being a dick now. You are pretending to know things you obviously don't, it's pointless having a discussion with a liar.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I stopped reading there, nobody said "running out of fire" you're just being a dick now. You are pretending to know things you obviously don't, it's pointless having a discussion with a liar.

What? You said the following

Look at how they shot that scene, it was an obvious reveal when the dragon turned it's head. You claim to know that the wagon shot was not it's last breath, you claim to know the severity of it's injuries, what the dragon was capable of at that moment. That is complete bullshit, it was filmed to make that moment a reveal, you claim you are smarter than the film makers due to your advanced knowledge of dragon anatomy. Even the Hawk is not that full of shit.

I know you will never give up on this, and I can't prove you didn't know the dragons condition (but you didn't), so, sure you knew all along, way ahead of everybody. Congrats.

And then you thanked the following post

Maybe I should ask Remy, can a dragon run out of fire, to the point it needs to recharge for a time, or does it have an unlimited supply? I failed advanced dragon anatomy.......

So it certainly appears you were talking about running out of fire because you mention last breath and then thank a post that specifically asks about running out of fire.

There is nothing in the scene that suggests the dragon was on its last breath and it would be stupid of Jamie to gamble his life on that thought process. Everyone but Jamie understands this hence why Tyrion calls him stupid and Bron dashes over there to save his dumb ass. They do those things because the dragon is not on it's last breath.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So it certainly appears you were talking about running out of fire

Nope, it never happened, you are full of shit and kind of dull.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope, it never happened, you are full of shit and kind of dull.

Whether you intended it or no, one could easily infer from your reference to last breath and your thanking of a post asking about running out of fire that was what you were suggesting.

In any event, there was nothing in the battle that suggested the dragon was on his last breath regardless of what you meant by the statement. If it was then Tyrion would have had no cause to call his brother stupid and Bron would not have galloped after Jamie to save him.

So it is clear the only idiot that thought the dragon was on his last breath was Jamie. Everyone else knew the dragon was still dangerous because he just finished nearly killing Bron with fire and destroying a wagon with its tail. Jamie was being stupid.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whether you intended it or no, one could easily infer from your reference to last breath and your thanking of a post asking about running out of fire that was what you were suggesting.

In any event, there was nothing in the battle that suggested the dragon was on his last breath regardless of what you meant by the statement. If it was then Tyrion would have had no cause to call his brother stupid and Bron would not have galloped after Jamie to save him.

So it is clear the only idiot that thought the dragon was on his last breath was Jamie. Everyone else knew the dragon was still dangerous because he just finished nearly killing Bron with fire and destroying a wagon with its tail. Jamie was being stupid.

Not reading any of your posts for now, maybe after the next episode you will move on and become interesting again. I can live with you being full of shit, but boring is a deal breaker.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not reading any of your posts for now, maybe after the next episode you will move on and become interesting again. I can live with you being full of shit, but boring is a deal breaker.

Umm you are the one that keeps responding. Takes two to argue. Maybe after next episode you'll go back to being numbers instead of going full Hawk trying to justify Jamie's stupidity.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When is a bastard not a bastard?

When they are naturalized by a royal decree or their parents were secretly wed (and in this case, polygamous marriage is recognized as legal as well).

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Give it a break. Jamie was pissed and charged because of what happened to his army. Whether the Dragon was mortally wounded didn't mean squat to him. LIke I said before, Jamie is a warrior before he is a general or commander. Same thing with Jon Snow. What he did showed great courage but probably was stupid. Bronn even tried to talk him out of it before the dragons even appeared.