Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Night King. Turns out he's actually the good guy; once he rules, the Seven Kingdoms will be at peace due to the terror he inspires. His true motivation the entire time has been to end war -- warring between the Children and First Men (the reason the Walkers retreated to Everwinter is because those two factions declared a truce), and now between the kingdoms of Westeros. Mankind cannot be left to its own devices, lest it descend into madness (GRRM's ending theme of the series).

Now that would be an interesting ending but alas don't know that Martin would really take it there.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know Dany is sis and Jon..err Aegon is son of Rhaegar but all Targaryens it was meant to be IIRC. I'm sure there's a good reason why it has to be all Targaryens just not completely sure what it is. Still time for a Tyrion Targaryen reveal. Won't be revealed this season though.

Jaime is about to leave Cersei and KL behind. He will not have an army to command neither.
Still think Maggie was referring to her brother. He will die a heroe's death, I'm with ya there. Gotta be Dany or Jon who kills NK though.

Not even sure who's left on Arya's kill list. Red bitch, Berek and Thor all made it when they turned over Gendry to her but he's free of her now so maybe they are spared if Arya meets up with him. I think just Cersei and Mountain is who she'll go after. Cersei definitely next on her list.

Don't know about Tyrion, I think he might be the one that betrays Dany, still say he is not a Targ, and not sure I would classify him as a "head" is Dany's "hand". I take the phrase three heads of the dragon differently. In other words he helps compose, with Dany, one of the Heads, but not one himself.

I have known Jamie was leaving Cersei for a long time now, and while it is true he leaves alone, I think he will gather a lot of the fractured forces now left in Westeros to form an army of the people

As for Arya's list you left out Ilyn Payne, the one that swung the blade that lopped off Edwards head. I think Jamie makes it to the last or next to last episode of the last season, which doesn't leave much time for an Arya with jamies face kill of Cersei.

If Cersei where to die during childbirth, having Jamies child, would that fulfill the prophecy?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Night King. Turns out he's actually the good guy; once he rules, the Seven Kingdoms will be at peace due to the terror he inspires. His true motivation the entire time has been to end war -- warring between the Children and First Men (the reason the Walkers retreated to Everwinter is because those two factions declared a truce), and now between the kingdoms of Westeros. Mankind cannot be left to its own devices, lest it descend into madness (GRRM's ending theme of the series).

Now that would be an interesting ending but alas don't know that Martin would really take it there.

At frst I thought he was joking, then I was thinking maaaaaybe

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't know about Tyrion, I think he might be the one that betrays Dany, still say he is not a Targ, and not sure I would classify him as a "head" is Dany's "hand". I take the phrase three heads of the dragon differently. In other words he helps compose, with Dany, one of the Heads, but not one himself.

I have known Jamie was leaving Cersei for a long time now, and while it is true he leaves alone, I think he will gather a lot of the fractured forces now left in Westeros to form an army of the people

As for Arya's list you left out Ilyn Payne, the one that swung the blade that lopped off Edwards head. I think Jamie makes it to the last or next to last episode of the last season, which doesn't leave much time for an Arya with jamies face kill of Cersei.

If Cersei where to die during childbirth, having Jamies child, would that fulfill the prophecy?

I think your third head is making more sense than mine now.

I left out the guy who chopped off Ned's head cause we haven't seen him in forever and I don't think he was on the list the last time she muttered the names.

I don't think that would fulfill the prophecy as I understood it. Think she'll be killed long before she'd be due to give birth too.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I liken the Others to self replicating robots with a sole purpose in mind, to kill the humans. It's consistent with their creation.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am going to go with the long shot and say Gendry, and Arya will be queen. Gendry did say way back in season 2 (I think) that Arya would be his lady.
I don't know about that but
I do know Gendry is about to show up. Think he'll be with Jon and them fighting the dead while Arya is not. I don't expect many characters to get out of the war vs the dead alive.

So as Jon fights the NK, Dany tells him he must plunge his sword through her heart to bring forth Lightbringer and defeat the NK. Jon says oh hell no but Dany holds the end of his sword to her chest and plunges forward. A stunned and enraged Jon goes on to defeat the NK with the magic sword. All have by now found out who Jon actually is and admit he is the rightful heir to the throne. He declines and says give it to my man, Tyrion, instead.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At frst I thought he was joking, then I was thinking maaaaaybe

Yeah I thought he as joking as well but then when I thought about it some more it would actually be a cool direction to take the show. We always have these shows where humans are pretty shitty to each other then face some kind of threat and then band together for a time. It's about time their inability to get along actually costs them significantly like say the NK and his army overrunning Westeros.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do know Gendry is about to show up. Think he'll be with Jon and them fighting the dead while Arya is not. I don't expect many characters to get out of the war vs the dead alive.

So as Jon fights the NK, Dany tells him he must plunge his sword through her heart to bring forth Lightbringer and defeat the NK. Jon says oh hell no but Dany holds the end of his sword to her chest and plunges forward. A stunned and enraged Jon goes on to defeat the NK with the magic sword. All have by now found out who Jon actually is and admit he is the rightful heir to the throne. He declines and says give it to my man, Tyrion, instead.

Watch the Gendry video I posted, so much of his foreshadowing happened so long ago, most have forgotten.

Gendry shows up tonight

Maybe the forging of light-bringer is more symbolic, I do know both Dany and Jon's mothers died will giving birth to them.....could this be it?

Another cool re-union...kinda......Jamie and Bran

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If dany dies, and Jon either dies or wants nothing to do with the Iron Throne, who is next in line of succession?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're argument is really lame. Whatever you think of Jamie, he is no coward. He has never shown cowardice in any way in this series. THe fucker is as brave as any character in this series.

He is a bit suicidal, and an ass for tossing a kid out a window.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is a bit suicidal, and an ass for tossing a kid out a window.

And yet he saved 500,000 people's lives when he killed the mad king, and if Bran turns out to be the NK, well...............

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watch the Gendry video I posted, so much of his foreshadowing happened so long ago, most have forgotten.

Gendry shows up tonight

Maybe the forging of light-bringer is more symbolic, I do know both Dany and Jon's mothers died will giving birth to them.....could this be it?

Another cool re-union...kinda......Jamie and Bran
Actually, Dany, Jon and Tyrion mothers all died while giving birth to them. All 3 were also the third child. All 3 were outcasts and lowered by others. All 3 lost their lovers.

Yes, I believe Jaime dies while saving that punk he once pushed off the tower.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And yet he saved 500,000 people's lives when he killed the mad king, and if Bran turns out to be the NK, well...............

He didn't know Bran could be the night king when he tried to murder him so that is irrelevant. And yes he saved a lot of people including himself and his family by killing the mad King.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Actually, Dany, Jon and Tyrion mothers all died while giving birth to them. All 3 were also the third child. All 3 were outcasts and lowered by others. All 3 lost their lovers.

Yes, I believe Jaime dies while saving that punk he once pushed off the tower.

That's an interesting observation. Those 3 do seem to have a lot in common and probably my 3 of my favorite characters in the show for various reasons.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Point was never or not it was an honorable thing to do, rather the irony. Try to follow along.

The poster was referring to his attempt to kill Bran. Said nothing about his killing the mad king. Try to follow along.

Trying to rationalize his trying to murder Bran with "But Bran could be the NK or but he killed the mad King is odd." There was no honor in what he did to Bran. None.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The poster was referring to his attempt to kill Bran. Said nothing about his killing the mad king. Try to follow along.

Trying to rationalize his trying to murder Bran with "But Bran could be the NK or but he killed the mad King is odd." There was no honor in what he did to Bran. None.

You quoted me dumbshit. I didn't rationalize anything, never disagreed that Jon was suicidal and an ass for pushing Bran out the window.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You quoted me dumbshit. I didn't rationalize anything, never disagreed that Jon was suicidal and an ass for pushing Bran out the window.

I quoted you because the gist of your comments were to downplay Jamie trying to murder Bran. Otherwise what was the point of bringing up stuff the poster never said?