Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was I the only one frustrated when fatty ignored his wife reading the annulment passage regarding Snows real parents?

He had no idea and know way of knowing the fact Rhaegar having had his marriage annulled effected Jon Snow though. If Gilly would have read where Rhaegar wed Lyanna Stark, well, I am sure the Stark name would have peaked his attention. My question is, did he bring that book with him?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The back stabber Howland Reed is still alive and able to confirm. And Bran knows all. Really no reason for any to doubt him when there are records of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but would anyone take the word of Reed? I guess I was think moreso of the greater populace and nobles. I presume Dany and those within House Stark will accept it.

When the wight got into Castle Black Jon threw a hot candle at him and burned his hand. But, that was before he was brought back from the dead, so who knows.

Ah, yes I remember that now, thank you. Yes maybe he will grow into the fire after his death, lol.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He had no idea and know way of knowing the fact Rhaegar had his married annulled effected Jon Snow though. If Gilly would have read where Rhaegar wed Lyanna Stark, well, I am sure the Stark name would have peaked his attention. My question is, did he bring that book with him?

He went to go steal more books before leaving. Does it really make sense for him to leave all the shit behind that he already had in his room? I don't think so. The show rarely if ever shows or does something without it having some measure of reasoning or impact for it. At worst, I bet you Sam will remember Gilly mentioning it and will ask her if she remembered the name of who Rhaegar was married to in the secret Dorne wedding.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
another thing John avoided the taking a sword to his heart question from danerys. That shit really has him unhinged

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jon is not immune to fire, and not all targs are for that matter, that's strictly a Dany thing. Jon got burned saving Jeor Mormont from the wight attack.

[video=youtube_share;M2TlSM-2SyI]https://youtu.be/M2TlSM-2SyI[/video]

Yeah I knew all of them were not immune just couldn't remember the fire scene with Jon. Now I am trying to remember if that was in the book or not. Might need to try and find it.

He had no idea and know way of knowing the fact Rhaegar had his married annulled effected Jon Snow though. If Gilly would have read where Rhaegar wed Lyanna Stark, well, I am sure the Stark name would have peaked his attention. My question is, did he bring that book with him?

Yes but surely being a historian he knows the significant of Rhaegar to the events that have unfolded since. Of course, he was distracted by the refusal to deal with the White Walkers but I would think something like that should typically pique his interest to hear of the man that has been responsible for a lot of misery.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As ncO pointed out, think that's only a Dany thing anyway.

As also pointed out, we don't know how his death and resurrection affected him yet either.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

Also, the way she said it it probably didn't click for him that she was talking about Rhaegar. She pronounced it "Ragger."

But it'll definitely come back up though because I believe that book she was reading he brought with them.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As also pointed out, we don't know how his death and resurrection affected him yet either.

We've seen how it works with others. It doesn't heal any disabilities they had or give them any new strange power.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I knew all of them were not immune just couldn't remember the fire scene with Jon. Now I am trying to remember if that was in the book or not. Might need to try and find it.

Yes but surely being a historian he knows the significant of Rhaegar to the events that have unfolded since. Of course, he was distracted by the refusal to deal with the White Walkers but I would think something like that should typically pique his interest to hear of the man that has been responsible for a lot of misery.

I think you're mixing up your GoT lore chief. Rhaegar was not Aerys II aka the mad king. He was the mad king's eldest son.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We've seen how it works with others. It doesn't heal any disabilities they had or give them any new strange power.

As I mentioned, Jon is the first Targaryen to be resurrected. He ain't no regular ass human and also remember he is partially Stark whom have also proven to not be entirely average men either, a la Bran Stark.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you're mixing up your GoT lore chief. Rhaegar was not Aerys II aka the mad king. He was the mad king's eldest son.

No I am saying Rhaegar was responsible because he kidnapped Lyanna as far as everyone was concerned and then when Brandon and Rickard went to complain, the Mad King executed them which is what effectively started the rebellion. Without the kidnapping, there is no rebellion. So Rhaegar and Lyanna's relationship was the cause of the eventual misery that came after.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Planting evidence of Sansa betraying their dad. The note was sent from Sansa as she was being threatened by Joffrey. My guess is LF is trying to get the 2 sisters at odds so Sansa goes to him for more advice and comfort and puts him in more of a position of control with her again.

Thinking this plan will backfire big time when Bran sees Arya and Sansa arguing and then tells them all about Little Finger's deception and dirty deeds past and present...and then his death sentence is passed.

Yea, writing is on the wall, Little Finger is not long for that world. Bran spills the beans on him, everyone is going to be pissed. Imagine Bran mentioning Little Finger tossing Sansa's, Arya's and Bran's aunt out that portal...

Last edited:

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I see the angle you're pursuing, albeit a flawed one. Such is the consequence of a secret marriage and relationship. Although frankly you can blame Lyanna equally as much as Rhaegar because the dumb bitch never told her family to back the fuck off instead of trying to find her. Takes two to tango.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He went to go steal more books before leaving. Does it really make sense for him to leave all the shit behind that he already had in his room? I don't think so. The show rarely if ever shows or does something without it having some measure of reasoning or impact for it. At worst, I bet you Sam will remember Gilly mentioning it and will ask her if she remembered the name of who Rhaegar was married to in the secret Dorne wedding.

The scene shows him giving a book to 'lil Sam though, not sure if it was the book Gilly was reading, or the book he was copying.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The scene shows him giving a book to 'lil Sam though, not sure if it was the book Gilly was reading, or the book he was copying.

I watched the episode twice and paid attention to that the 2nd viewing. I want to say he gave little Sam the book he copied because Gilly still had a book in her hands when he walked away.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And, to add, the book can only confirm Rhaegar had his marriage annulled to his dornish wife, and re-married ( I am going to assume it says to who, but I don't recall them saying Lyanna Stark on the show last episode). It doesn't prove they had a child, or if that child was indeed jon, and I don't see anyway the book could do that, unless the Maester was in the tower of joy, which he was not.

So, this still only leaves Bran, and Howland Reed. Collectively Bran and Sam could put things together, but would this suffice as proof?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I watched the episode twice and paid attention to that the 2nd viewing. I want to say he gave little Sam the book he copied because Gilly still had a book in her hands when he walked away.

I thought this too, just wasn't 100% sure..........

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And, to add, the book can only confirm Rhaegar had his marriage annulled to his dornish wife, and re-married ( I am going to assume it says to who, but I don't recall them saying Lyanna Stark on the show last episode). It doesn't prove they had a child, or if that child was indeed jon, and I don't see anyway the book could do that, unless the Maester was in the tower of joy, which he was not.

So, this still only leaves Bran, and Howland Reed. Collectively Bran and Sam could put things together, but would this suffice as proof?

If you rather, there are some theories that say Ned is still alive and the one who died in his place was a faceless man. Also some theories that say Rhaegar is still alive.