Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I see the angle you're pursuing, albeit a flawed one. Such is the consequence of a secret marriage and relationship. Although frankly you can blame Lyanna equally as much as Rhaegar because the dumb bitch never told her family to back the fuck off instead of trying to find her. Takes two to tango.

Oh Lyanna is to blame as well. I only blamed Rhaegar specifically because his name was the one that was in the passage that was being read. Remember the context here was Sam not picking up on the Rhaegar reference.

Again, he was distracted with the White Walkers thing but you would think a reference to Rhaegar getting a marriage annulled and secretly remarried would beg the question as to whether it was Lyanna. Then again, maybe I am assuming the Rhaegar/Lyanna thing is common knowledge but considering he comes from a noble family, I would have expected the nobles to have known about it even if the common folk did not.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you rather, there are some theories that say Ned is still alive and the one who died in his place was a faceless man. Also some theories that say Rhaegar is still alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so a faceless man killed Ned and took his face so he could be executed for him?

That theory has a gaping hole lol not to mention if Ned had survived he would have gotten back North and taken command, he would have no reason to go into permanent hiding

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

That theory has a gaping hole lol not to mention if Ned had survived he would have gotten back North and taken command, he would have no reason to go into permanent hiding

LF is actually Ned in disguise as Ned killed LF in his sleep and assumed his identity. He's been secretly testing his kids and pitting them against each other to see who deserves the throne.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LF is actually Ned in disguise as Ned killed LF in his sleep and assumed his identity. He's been secretly testing his kids and pitting them against each other to see who deserves the throne.

Cersei is actually Rickon Stark....

Everyone is a faceless man...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

No a faceless man didn't kill him. A faceless man took Ned's place when he was in captivity.

The one with Rhaegar is better cause as it goes, his dead corpse was never recovered. Saw something about an actor who was hired but hasn't appeared yet, assumed to be playing Rhaegar.

Then you have the theories that say Jaqen H'ghar is more than just the faceless man but is also one of these major players.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No a faceless man didn't kill him. A faceless man took Ned's place when he was in captivity.

The one with Rhaegar is better cause as it goes, his dead corpse was never recovered. Saw something about an actor who was hired but hasn't appeared yet, assumed to be playing Rhaegar.

Then you have the theories that say Jaqen H'ghar is more than just the faceless man but is also one of these major players.

Did someone find a Ned clone to kill? Faceless Men use the removed faces of people they kill to look like them...

Rhaegar, in a flashback... I mean, does anyone seriously think Robert starts a rebellion, goes to war, then doesn't make sure the dude he's pissed at is dead when he defeats him in battle?

Jaqen could be possible since we know precisely fuck all about him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How many faceless men are there? Only ones we have seen are arya and jaqen. In the books I believe the last place a faceless man was operating was where sam was learning right?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Faceless Men use the removed faces of people they kill to look like them...

Rhaegar, in a flashback... I mean, does anyone seriously think Robert starts a rebellion, goes to war, then doesn't make sure the dude he's pissed at is dead when he defeats him in battle?

Jaqen could be possible since we know precisely fuck all about him.

The thing with Rhaegar, from what I read of the theory, after taking the hammer blow from Robert, the rubies flew off his armor and the other soldiers were all scurrying to get them and they lost sight of him after he fell in the river. I would agree it's more likely to see him in a flashback but who knows how crazy they'll get with only 8 episodes remaining in all?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

remember when arya saw her own face on a dead person before she went blind? Maybe they dont always need to kill someone to get their face

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How many faceless men are there? Only ones we have seen are arya and jaqen. In the books I believe the last place a faceless man was operating was where sam was learning right?

In the books there are at least 11 chilling in the House of Black and White, and who knows how many wandering about elsewhere.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
He had no idea and know way of knowing the fact Rhaegar having had his marriage annulled effected Jon Snow though. If Gilly would have read where Rhaegar wed Lyanna Stark, well, I am sure the Stark name would have peaked his attention. My question is, did he bring that book with him?

I understand why it happened the way it did. The anticipation of the light being shed on his true background has been eagerly awaited. Hoping it unfolds as well as it should. Lots of potential there for character development.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I could see Rhaegar being alive since again his body was never recovered. I guess for that matter, the only people that claimed Lyanna was dead was Ned and Howland. For all we know those two are hanging out with the NK chilling.

I don't see how Ned could be alive though as what would be the purpose. Rhaegar staying in hiding makes sense particularly if he has no desire for the throne and/or Lyanna magically is still alive too. They could remain hidden to protect their son and avoid further conflict. However, not a whole lot of reason for Ned to remain hidden as his family is in danger considering he's already lost a son and wife and at various times all of his remaining children appeared to be in danger.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
However, not a whole lot of reason for Ned to remain hidden as his family is in danger considering he's already lost a son and wife and at various times all of his remaining children appeared to be in danger.

Way to completely ignore the disastrous loss of the ever imposing Rickon.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Way to completely ignore the disastrous loss of the ever imposing Rickon.

Oh yeah, I forgot that dude was dead. Kind of sad all his other siblings are important but he was just there to make Jon angry when he died.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

LOL bro, not sure if trolling or serious. Did you forget that a faceless man used Arya's face when she was pulling faces off? Apparently one does not have to be dead to have the face used.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not all Targaryens are immune to fire. Dany's brother was not. She always was.

She isn't really immune to fire. Well, per GRRM she isn't. The show makes it appear that way. The second scene with her not getting burnt is specific to the show.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
LOL bro, not sure if trolling or serious. Did you forget that a faceless man used Arya's face when she was pulling faces off? Apparently one does not have to be dead to have the face used.

I also thought you had to be dead before you could be turned into the best Halloween mask ever, but not sure if that was actually explicitly stated somewhere.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
She isn't really immune to fire. Well, per GRRM she isn't. The show makes it appear that way. The second scene with her not getting burnt is specific to the show.

I've seen the quote from Martin that said Targaryens weren't immune to fire. He went on to say the birth of the Dragons with Dany in the fire was a one time magical thing but, as you say, that didn't hold up in the show as we've seen the unburnt one go unburnt many times. Even before being sold to Drago, there was the scalding hot bath water she got into without any discomfort.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I tend to look at the Arya seeing her own face thing as more of an incongruity within the show rather than an example of how the masks work. Every other time we've seen how they are made/used it was always an actual face from a dead person. The hall beneath the HoB&W was filled with faces they took from the corpses of people whom went there to end their suffering, and then there was Walder Frey -- so the only examples we have of them being made are always literal faces removed from cadavers. Maybe the Arya scene implies that there are other methods as well, but perhaps it was just thrown in for dramatic effect without consideration that it would go against the established, and later reinforced, process of impersonation. Or it could be that it was just a hallucination brought on by losing her sight and any other effect the poison may have had. Who knows, but it just strikes me as odd that they'd spend the time establishing that the FM go through that elaborate corpse preparation and eventually remove the face to add to their hall then just go "meh, they do that, but they can magically use living people too -- so they don't really need that hall of faces."