HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean even if they don't "need" the hall of faces it sure is convenient to have that giant catalog to choose from. Nah mean?

Plus, imagine a "customer" asking for references or proof they're the best assassins. Just being like, "step into my office" as they walk into the hall to see tons of dead people's faces then saying "any other concerns." Its like the world's best resume.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also thought you had to be dead before you could be turned into the best Halloween mask ever, but not sure if that was actually explicitly stated somewhere.

you do, I think the Arya scene is more of a hallucination.

Ned is dead
Rhaegar is dead
lyanna is dead
and Tyene is really dead, adding all new meaning to the term bad pussy.

There are thousands of fan theorys out there, some pretty off the wall shit.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand why it happened the way it did. The anticipation of the light being shed on his true background has been eagerly awaited. Hoping it unfolds as well as it should. Lots of potential there for character development.

The question is, will Jon even want it revealed? Quite possible that Bran and Sam find out, and only a select few ever know about it. Might be best for Jon if it is not common knowledge he is banging his aunt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The question is, will Jon even want it revealed? Quite possible that Bran and Sam find out, and only a select few ever know about it. Might be best for Jon if it is not common knowledge he is banging his aunt.

Incest is standard Targaryen fare though if not preferred. Of course, that's why a lot of them go mental. Aunt/Nephew is probably better than the standard brother/sister shit. Hell wasn't Aegeon the Conqueror banging both his sisters when he first conquered Westeros as pretty sure he had 2 sister wives.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I tend to look at the Arya seeing her own face thing as more of an incongruity within the show rather than an example of how the masks work. Every other time we've seen how they are made/used it was always an actual face from a dead person. The hall beneath the HoB&W was filled with faces they took from the corpses of people whom went there to end their suffering, and then there was Walder Frey -- so the only examples we have of them being made are always literal faces removed from cadavers. Maybe the Arya scene implies that there are other methods as well, but perhaps it was just thrown in for dramatic effect without consideration that it would go against the established, and later reinforced, process of impersonation. Or it could be that it was just a hallucination brought on by losing her sight and any other effect the poison may have had. Who knows, but it just strikes me as odd that they'd spend the time establishing that the FM go through that elaborate corpse preparation and eventually remove the face to add to their hall then just go "meh, they do that, but they can magically use living people too -- so they don't really need that hall of faces."

Only reason why I find even relevant is if there is any truth to Ned still being alive and a faceless man took his place. That scene with arya is the only one book and movie where a face was used of a living person

I think this theory is nonsense though I don't see this possible

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Incest is standard Targaryen fare though if not preferred. Of course, that's why a lot of them go mental. Aunt/Nephew is probably better than the standard brother/sister shit. Hell wasn't Aegeon the Conqueror banging both his sisters when he first conquered Westeros as pretty sure he had 2 sister wives.

It is, but Jon was raised a Stark. One is taught morality, it's not genetic.

And your right, genetically, Avunculate marriage is a lot better than sister/brother.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
you do, I think the Arya scene is more of a hallucination.

Ned is dead
Rhaegar is dead
lyanna is dead
and Tyene is really dead, adding all new meaning to the term bad pussy.

There are thousands of fan theorys out there, some pretty off the wall shit.

Allot of those theories are a result from drug use

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

You are correct, but with the elders the women weren't in love but forced to do it. I think Jon and Dany will fall in love because they are everyone's favorite characters that haven't been brutally murdered. I think the director will force Jon and Sansa to marry as Dany will not want the throne afterall. I think she cares more about peace and helping people than actual rulership.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Both of you guys are just self centered assholes who do not know how to deal in objective discussions. Both of you throw out asinine indictments of anyone who disagree with you about just a show on a cable program. You both are REALLY WEAK!

I did not say one thing to you, out of nowhere a random attack, name calling and everything, completely unprovoked. You can't help yourself, no impulse control, like a toddler screaming for his sippy cup.

And, to add, the book can only confirm Rhaegar had his marriage annulled to his dornish wife, and re-married ( I am going to assume it says to who, but I don't recall them saying Lyanna Stark on the show last episode). It doesn't prove they had a child, or if that child was indeed jon, and I don't see anyway the book could do that, unless the Maester was in the tower of joy, which he was not.

So, this still only leaves Bran, and Howland Reed. Collectively Bran and Sam could put things together, but would this suffice as proof?

I really enjoyed the sneaky reveal by Gilly about Jon's parents being married. As far as I know that was the first time the show said they were married. So what do we call 'The Battle Of The Bastards" now?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

It would have gotten even worse because most of the houses are inter-married. Stark, Tully, Tyrell, Martell, Targaryen, Arynn, and Littlefinger are all connected by marriage. Hell, the Tyrell's were set to marry the Baratheon's.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are correct, but with the elders the women weren't in love but forced to do it. I think Jon and Dany will fall in love because they are everyone's favorite characters that haven't been brutally murdered. I think the director will force Jon and Sansa to marry as Dany will not want the throne afterall. I think she cares more about peace and helping people than actual rulership.

Jon-Sansa? Really? I don't think so. I think one dies, if not, they both end up somewhere else-Dragonstone or WF? I see Gendry on the throne with Arya as the King of Westeros. Sansa is the one with out any love interest.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is, but Jon was raised a Stark. One is taught morality, it's not genetic.

And your right, genetically, Avunculate marriage is a lot better than sister/brother.

I don't think cousins is technically incest in Westeros as Tywin married his first cousin Joanne. Aunt/Newphew is more akin to cousins than brother/sister.

So really not sure their relationship would have the social stigma as siblings.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Not sure I see the sparks for a Jon and Sansa marriage. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

I think Sansa end up Queen of the North with Jon and Dany on the Iron Throne if they go for a happy ending or she ends dead perhaps at the hands of Arya who then kills LF when Arya figures out he tricked her.

Of course many other possibilities but those two are my favourite options.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think after they beat the white walkers they will end all kingship and lordships and institute the electoral college to elect a president and hold elections for a bunch of congress people.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think cousins is technically incest in Westeros as Tywin married his first cousin Joanne. Aunt/Newphew is more akin to cousins than brother/sister.

So really not sure their relationship would have the social stigma as siblings.

it's dead in the middle with sister brother sharing 50% of their DNA
Aunt/Nephew sharing 25%
First cousins sharing 12.5%

Not much has been said about how Westeros feels about incestuous relationships, we know that Jamie/Cersei is highly frowned upon. First cousins seems to be acceptable, Aunt/nephew is a bit of a grey area. I do know there was a scene in which Tormund described how the Wildlings hated it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure I see the sparks for a Jon and Sansa marriage. Stranger things have happened I suppose.

I think Sansa end up Queen of the North with Jon and Dany on the Iron Throne if they go for a happy ending or she ends dead perhaps at the hands of Arya who then kills LF when Arya figures out he tricked her.

Of course many other possibilities but those two are my favourite options.

I think we might have seen a little foreshadowing in the Jon/Gendry scene. He is my dark horse pick to sit on the throne, and now the true bastard.