Game of Thrones Thread

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Basically setup a situation in which Sansa needs LF's help again, I am assuming. Or, maybe he gave up on Sansa, and is now trying to win over Arya.

This is very interesting. Arya is a no shit taking badass but I think he is the one person who can manipulate her. I always assumed Arya would kill him to save Sansa, but maybe it will be the other way around. Sansa respects LF in a trouble maker type of way but she certainly doesn't trust him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I more so meant his end game. Does he just want everyone to hate each other?

End game would be to get as close to the throne as possible. But don't think the Iron Throne will matter much after the storm has gone through. He won't make it out of this season alive anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is very interesting. Arya is a no shit taking badass but I think he is the one person who can manipulate her. I always assumed Arya would kill him to save Sansa, but maybe it will be the other way around. Sansa respects LF in a trouble maker type of way but she certainly doesn't trust him.

Way off base.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When the wight got into Castle Black Jon threw a hot candle at him and burned his hand. But, that was before he was brought back from the dead, so who knows.

Good point.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did anyone happen to catch where Sam is heading? I am assuming WF, but I don't recall him saying? Does that mean he arrives in WF before Jon?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is a confused man. He is a snitch who switches sides and teams with the wind. He grew up a nobody and just wants to be a powerful somebody who pisses everyone off. He's not suitable for the throne and his fight I think will rest in the hands of Arya.

LF wants the Iron Throne. He stated it early on. Now he controls a significant army and wants more. What we are seeing right now is sort of a spy game between he and Arya. Clearly he wanted to marry Sansa and Arya complicates the shit out of that so I think he is going to try and take Arya out but Arya is no slouch and is lethal.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did anyone happen to catch where Sam is heading? I am assuming WF, but I don't recall him saying? Does that mean he arrives in WF before Jon?

I dont think he said.... I assumed back to Castle Black... Sam is still Night's Watch.... also I cant tell if he knows Jon is KITN and not Lord Commander

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dany sure got wet when Jon tamed her dragon.

I don't know about that but it is possible. To me, the Targarian angle certainly could be in play both for Jon and Tyrion who both were able to lay hands on dragons.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think we might have seen a little foreshadowing in the Jon/Gendry scene. He is my dark horse pick to sit on the throne, and now the true bastard.

Could be. Perhaps Gendry and Arya will end up on the Iron Throne after it all is said and done?

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Does anyone have a clue on what Little Finger is trying to do?

Put his ass on the throne anyway he can.

Not sure what his plan is in particular with his little ruse with Arya, but his MO is always create chaos and use that as a way to keep climbing that ladder. He may just be trying to drive a wedge between Sansa and Arya because he's worried that Arya will take his place as Sansa's confidant.

I'm really hoping Sansa navigates all this and figures out a way to lead the North, while staying true to her family and resisting the urge to snag power for herself and dicking over Jon/Arya. I'm hoping for a bit of a happier ending for the Starks, they deserve it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Sam almost has to be either heading for Winterfell or the Wall and I think that he probably sent a raven to tell Jon he was heading there. There also is something in those books he pilfered that will end up being critical to defeating the white walkers. Then we also had Bran see the ravens finding the Night King's forces heading for the wall and Bran talking about sending his own ravens to warn Jon and the world that the shit was about to hit the fan.

Maybe we will see Dany loaning one of her dragons to Jon to help kill the White Walkers also.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
LF wants the Iron Throne. He stated it early on. Now he controls a significant army and wants more. What we are seeing right now is sort of a spy game between he and Arya. Clearly he wanted to marry Sansa and Arya complicates the shit out of that so I think he is going to try and take Arya out but Arya is no slouch and is lethal.

He says he wants the Iron throne and I take that at face value. His loose lips will be his downfall and I'd like to see Arya set him up using his own strategy. Give false info to snitches he talks to and run him in circles.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone have a clue on what Little Finger is trying to do?

No and I don't think the TV show guys know either. I think once they departed from the books, they have made him dumber and with less of a long term plan. At this point they just seem to be using him to cause drama whereas LF in the books had a clearer purpose and endgame.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Sam almost has to be heading for Winterfell and I think that he probably sent a raven to tell Jon he was heading there. There also is something in those books he pilfered that will end up being critical to defeating the white walkers. Then we also had Bran see the ravens finding the Night King's forces heading for the wall and Bran talking about sending his own ravens to warn Jon and the world that the shit was about to hit the fan.

Maybe we will see Dany loaning one of her dragons to Jon to help kill the White Walkers also.

I haven't read the books, is it far off from the actual tv series? I wanted to go back and read them but if it's almost the same I probably wont.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think he said.... I assumed back to Castle Black... Sam is still Night's Watch.... also I cant tell if he knows Jon is KITN and not Lord Commander

Pretty sure it is WF, I know he had Heartsbane with him, but he must arrive at WF before Jon.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like I said, not arguing that cousins seem to be ok. The Aunt/nephew thing is a little bit grey, and while you can point to some such relationships in the past, I think views on this in Westeros have been evolving.. Of course, it is all up to the show writers on how they choose to portray it, and it could go either way.

For sure the writers can do what they want but just saying there us a clear distinction in Westeros between sibling incest and other forms. The Faith objected to the Targaryen proclivity for sibling incest. That is one of the reasons they rebelled against Ageon and his descendants.

There has never as far as I can see been the same stigma regarding cousins or Uncle/Aunt and niece/nephew as the few instances of it have never been accompanied by the same recriminations as we see from sibling incest.

But it's more a conclusion by the lack of outrage so again writers can change it if they so choose so we agree there.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I haven't read the books, is it far off from the actual tv series? I wanted to go back and read them but if it's almost the same I probably wont.

Depends on the characters you like. Big differences are.

1. Jamie is less of a bitch.
2. Tommen is still alive
3. The whole Dorne side plot is completely different once Oberyn dies as Ellaria is not out for revenge.
4. LF never convinces Sansa to go to Ramsey and their relationship is better as a result.

More comprehensive list below.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_books_and_TV_series

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Depends on the characters you like. Big differences are.

1. Jamie is less of a bitch.
2. Tommen is still alive
3. The whole Dorne side plot is completely different once Oberyn dies as Ellaria is not out for revenge.

4. LF never convinces Sansa to go to Ramsey and their relationship is better as a result.

More comprehensive list below.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_books_and_TV_series

These are two huge differences. I may just have to read them then. Thanks.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
These are two huge differences. I may just have to read them then. Thanks.

Many of those should come with the disclaimer of "so far." The series passed up the books' timeline in like season 5, so there is still plenty of time for Tommen to get offed and shit to go south with Dorne. Of course, any of that would require GRRM to actually bother writing more books...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No and I don't think the TV show guys know either. I think once they departed from the books, they have made him dumber and with less of a long term plan. At this point they just seem to be using him to cause drama whereas LF in the books had a clearer purpose and endgame.

I've noticed this too even though I didn't even read the books. He's just been dummied down without a clear purpose. Not an interesting character anymore.