Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Many of those should come with the disclaimer of "so far." The series passed up the books' timeline in like season 5, so there is still plenty of time for Tommen to get offed and shit to go south with Dorne. Of course, any of that would require GRRM to actually bother writing more books...

Yeah but Martin has released chapters of the new book where Tommen and Myrcella for that matter are still alive. The whole Ellaria going crazy and murdering her brother in law to take control of Dorne and killing Myrcella simply doesn't fit in the books because in the books, Ellaria is opposed to seeking vengeance for Oberyn's death and in fact is trying to calm the Sand Snakes down.

In addition, not only has no one moved to murder Myrcella, for the most part, Myrcella is well liked by Ellaria and Dorne as in the books, Dorne is advocating Myrcella to be on the Iron Throne since Dorne doesn't have rules that favor men over women. It was actually Oberyn who first reminds Tyrion that Dornish law would mean Myrcella is next in line for the throne.

So the Dorne and Myrcella thing is one of those things that is likely to stay different between the books and the show as I don't see how the books could go down that road given Ellaria's stance and Dorne's support of Myrcella's right to the Iron Throne.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've noticed this too even though I didn't even read the books. He's just been dummied down without a clear purpose. Not an interesting character anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, he is much better in the books as book LF would never suggest Sansa go to Ramsey. Namely because she is too valuable a piece to waste on Ramsey but more importantly because LF cares for Sansa much more in the books and it's more of a fatherly caring than the love/lust dynamic in the TV show. Although there are some elements of lust still in the books, it's downplayed a bit more.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, he is much better in the books as book LF would never suggest Sansa go to Ramsey. Namely because she is too valuable a piece to waste on Ramsey but more importantly because LF cares for Sansa much more in the books and it's more of a fatherly caring than the love/lust dynamic in the TV show. Although there are some elements of lust still in the books, it's downplayed a bit more.

Even in the show, he was much better in earlier seasons. I remember all these theories about LF and Varys as favorites to gain the Iron Throne. Now neither one is worth a shit.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but Martin has released chapters of the new book where Tommen and Myrcella for that matter are still alive. The whole Ellaria going crazy and murdering her brother in law to take control of Dorne and killing Myrcella simply doesn't fit in the books because in the books, Ellaria is opposed to seeking vengeance for Oberyn's death and in fact is trying to calm the Sand Snakes down.

In addition, not only has no one moved to murder Myrcella, for the most part, Myrcella is well liked by Ellaria and Dorne as in the books, Dorne is advocating Myrcella to be on the Iron Throne since Dorne doesn't have rules that favor men over women. It was actually Oberyn who first reminds Tyrion that Dornish law would mean Myrcella is next in line for the throne.

So the Dorne and Myrcella thing is one of those things that is likely to stay different between the books and the show as I don't see how the books could go down that road given Ellaria's stance and Dorne's support of Myrcella's right to the Iron Throne.

myrcella and tommen will however need to die in the books, curious how that will come to pass.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't read the books, is it far off from the actual tv series? I wanted to go back and read them but if it's almost the same I probably wont.

My guess is that the series probably follows maybe 85-90% of the books. Its been a couple of years since I read the books and it is easy to forget some of the details. Other folks here know or remember more of the book content than I do. Just being honest with you. A couple of these guys also go beyond the books into the earlier and later writings of Martin and follow the critiques and reviews by other interested experts.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Disagree. LF was a creep in the books and is a creep in the series. I never saw him as anykind of fatherly caring person. He thought that he had a very pliable willing young broad in Sansa and used her just like he uses anyone to get what he wants.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is, again, a case where confusion has been caused by mixing what was in the books with what was in the show. Even I couldn't remember exactly what was said in the show vs what I'd read about it later online so looked it up and Maggie's prophecy is cut off about halfway through and there was no mention in the show about the Valonqar. That was more than likely a purposeful thing whether or not the producers knew specifically who'd they have kill her or just wanted to leave it more open.

So, a new theory on how Cersei dies in the show is required. It'll go something like this. As the dead army storms through WF, Jon ensures Arya stays hidden and safe. The little assassin will quickly tire of hiding and take the opportunity to secretly leave for KL to kill Cersei. She'll meet up with the Hound as she sneaks away and tell him where she's going and what for. He says he'll join her as he has unfinished business with his brother, and isn't at all fond of all that fire those 3 dragons are spitting all around WF. So we get another Arya/Hound adventure. This one ends with Arya killing Cersei and then aiding the Hound in defeating his zombie brother in the long anticipated Clegane Bowl cause, like Jaqen said, she doesn't really hate the Hound. She's grown quite fond of him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is, again, a case where confusion has been caused by mixing what was in the books with what was in the show. Even I couldn't remember exactly what was said in the show vs what I'd read about it later online so looked it up and Maggie's prophecy is cut off about halfway through and there was no mention in the show about the Valonqar. That was more than likely a purposeful thing whether or not the producers knew specifically who'd they have kill her or just wanted to leave it more open.

So, a new theory on how Cersei dies in the show is required. It'll go something like this. As the dead army storms through WF, Jon ensures Arya stays hidden and safe. The little assassin will quickly tire of hiding and take the opportunity to secretly leave for KL to kill Cersei. She'll meet up with the Hound as she sneaks away and tell him where she's going and what for. He says he'll join her as he has unfinished business with his brother, and isn't at all fond of all that fire those 3 dragons are spitting all around WF. So we get another Arya/Hound adventure. This one ends with Arya killing Cersei and then aiding the Hound in defeating his zombie brother in the long anticipated Clegane Bowl cause, like Jaqen said, she doesn't really hate the Hound. She's grown quite fond of him.

I don't see Arya leaving with the catspaw dagger though, valryian steel is to rare, and there is something special about that dagger in the battle against the others.

While it is true that the book and the show depart ways, GRRM has said the main five characters will still be the same ones in play at the end. This pretty much guarantees Tommen and Mrycella's death. It looks like we are going to see the Others defeated before Cersie, and that would really suck.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
myrcella and tommen will however need to die in the books, curious how that will come to pass.

Not sure they have to as it depends on who sits on the Iron Throne. If it's Snow/Dany, they may simply decide that Tommen and Myrcella are not threats once their parents are overthrown. Other rulers might just get rid of them to be safe but Snow/Dany are not necessarily the type to hold a parents sins against their kids. We already know TV show Jon is not like that as he allowed the families of the people that betrayed him to retain their lands.

I could see a scenario where Tommen simply joins his sister in Dorne as fundamentally Snow and Dany have higher and better claims to the throne and sparing them would sure she is not like her father or their mother.

I don't see Arya leaving with the catspaw dagger though, valryian steel is to rare, and there is something special about that dagger in the battle against the others.

While it is true that the book and the show depart ways, GRRM has said the main five characters will still be the same ones in play at the end. This pretty much guarantees Tommen and Mrycella's death. It looks like we are going to see the Others defeated before Cersie, and that would really suck.

Tommen and Myrcella are alive in the books but they are not the main characters at all. So again not sure death is required. Tommen is more likely to die since he is currently occupying the throne but he is ultimately a puppet. The puppet can be removed by banishing him to Dorne. Myrcerlla simply need not ever return from Dorne. In any event both simply would need to renounce their claims to the throne and problem solved.

So they can be killed for sure but it's not a guarantee at all.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Cersei knows now that Tyrion didn't kill Joffery she has to know also that Sansa is also innocent.

She also has to know by now that it was LF who helped her escape and conspired in the murder.

I still believe Tywin was also complicit in the murder. Makes a ton of sense if you think about it. Joffery was a little smart mouthed asshole who was incredibly difficult to control, whereas Tommen presented little challenge in that regard.

So if that is true and LF spills the beans on that factoid is Tyrion completely forgiven by Jamie? All the bullshit that followed is all on Cersei at that point and does that push Jamie over the edge and kill his sister?

Just some early morning GOT thoughts

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Cersei knows now that Tyrion didn't kill Joffery she has to know also that Sansa is also innocent.

She also has to know by now that it was LF who helped her escape and conspired in the murder.

I still believe Tywin was also complicit in the murder. Makes a ton of sense if you think about it. Joffery was a little smart mouthed asshole who was incredibly difficult to control, whereas Tommen presented little challenge in that regard.

So if that is true and LF spills the beans on that factoid is Tyrion completely forgiven by Jamie? All the bullshit that followed is all on Cersei at that point and does that push Jamie over the edge and kill his sister?

Just some early morning GOT thoughts

It's a known fact that LF conspired with Olienna to kill Joffrey. I am not so sure about your Tywin theory, Tywin pretty much had Joffrey under his control.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure they have to as it depends on who sits on the Iron Throne. If it's Snow/Dany, they may simply decide that Tommen and Myrcella are not threats once their parents are overthrown. Other rulers might just get rid of them to be safe but Snow/Dany are not necessarily the type to hold a parents sins against their kids. We already know TV show Jon is not like that as he allowed the families of the people that betrayed him to retain their lands.

I could see a scenario where Tommen simply joins his sister in Dorne as fundamentally Snow and Dany have higher and better claims to the throne and sparing them would sure she is not like her father or their mother.

Tommen and Myrcella are alive in the books but they are not the main characters at all. So again not sure death is required. Tommen is more likely to die since he is currently occupying the throne but he is ultimately a puppet. The puppet can be removed by banishing him to Dorne. Myrcerlla simply need not ever return from Dorne. In any event both simply would need to renounce their claims to the throne and problem solved.

So they can be killed for sure but it's not a guarantee at all.

Well, seeing how this is about the books; books that may or never be published, its all speculation. But, given the prophecy, and the fact GRRM has said that the 5 main characters arcs would eventually meet (show vs books), it doesn't make sense to have say a Tommen still alive at the end, as that would essentially make him a main character, being King while Dany invades, etc etc, and Cersie's role greatly diminished. I guess it's possible, but highly unlikely IMO.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We were talking allot about faceless men and how in the books they shaped lots more of got history then the show. How's this mind fuck theory. Next to each supposed king or queen there is a faceless man awaiting orders. Could varys always been a faceless man? Is qyburn a faceless man? Etc

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do we say when episodes become available through torrents? Not today!!......

but tonight I'll see if that shit's available.