Game of Thrones Thread

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I love that kid; she's my favorite character by far. I was amazed to learn GoT is her first acting gig and only the second thing she ever auditioned for. Clearly she is the smartest, luckiest and deadliest of the Starks...I have to wonder when George R. R. is going to kill her off?

Has anybody else seen the youtube reactions to the Red Wedding scene? "Holy Shit" seems to be the consensus but there are some pretty funny reactions out there.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love that kid; she's my favorite character by far. I was amazed to learn GoT is her first acting gig and only the second thing she ever auditioned for. Clearly she is the smartest, luckiest and deadliest of the Starks...I have to wonder when George R. R. is going to kill her off?

Has anybody else seen the youtube reactions to the Red Wedding scene? "Holy Shit" seems to be the consensus but there are some pretty funny reactions out there.
I saw some funny reactions on the news. People were shocked that they could see such a violent scene on TV I don't know what they thought all the previous beheadings were. I think they're just pissed that most of the Starks have been killed off already.

I think Ayra will be around for a long while.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think people were really up in arms about the pregnant woman being stabbed thing. Pretty sure Benioff and Weiss did that to amp up the surprise for readers since Robb's wife wasn't even there in the books. Puts an end to the conspiracy theory that she was a honeypot and a Lannister spy :) , though

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think people were really up in arms about the pregnant woman being stabbed thing. Pretty sure Benioff and Weiss did that to amp up the surprise for readers since Robb's wife wasn't even there in the books. Puts an end to the conspiracy theory that she was a honeypot and a Lannister spy :) , though

I knew something wasn't right about her :smh: and I hadn't even started book 3 yet. Killing her off only made sense, especially since the chick in the books is from a Lannister bannermen family.

Also, I didn't see Greatjon die at the wedding...on the show he got up to "go find a tree."

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Blackfish went to go find a tree. Greatjon got taken out of the show because the actor got his ear bitten off during a fight at a hotel.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they're just pissed that most of the Starks have been killed off already.

I think Ayra will be around for a long while.

I think you're right about the first part. The rest of the houses are so evil, rotten and twisted that people think of the Starks as "the good guys" which is kind of funny to me.

I hope you're right about the second part; she could grow up to be a badass, especially if she ever finds her wolf again.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blackfish went to go find a tree. Greatjon got taken out of the show because the actor got his ear bitten off during a fight at a hotel.

Greatjon the character is alive though right? Just not present in the scenes.... or did he die at the Red Wedding in the books?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Greatjon the character is alive though right? Just not present in the scenes.... or did he die at the Red Wedding in the books?

He
got taken captive

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Oooooh, that all makes sense now.

Thanks, because that brought up a different hole in the story, or so I thought, that I didn't even want to bring up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks Ole.... interesting....
I wonder if they will continue to just ignore the Greatjon character or re-cast him..... unless hes gonna die soon anyhow.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oooooh, that all makes sense now.

Thanks, because that brought up a different hole in the story, or so I thought, that I didn't even want to bring up.

Did you notice who was behind Robb and Talisa at the wedding? Fat guy, handlebar mustache, mermaid pin?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
General question.... Rickon Stark.... does he become a more interesting/meaningful character? Seems like that might be starting with him splitting off from Bran.... I am interested.

Also another general question, does Cersei ever stop being a cunt?

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you notice who was behind Robb and Talisa at the wedding? Fat guy, handlebar mustache, mermaid pin?

I was mostly focused on Bolton and the Frey boys. I do remember a kind of closeup shot of a pin up but I didn't catch what it was.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

I don't know how far you've read but it'll be important later on. Kind of like how you saw beric dondarrion season 1 but didn't know or care who he was

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
General question.... Rickon Stark.... does he become a more interesting/meaningful character? Seems like that might be starting with him splitting off from Bran.... I am interested.

Also another general question, does Cersei ever stop being a cunt?

Just my opinion; the only interesting thing about Rickon is that he's basiclly a "wildling" although the last episode kind of ruined that. He was what, about 5 the last time he saw either parent, and he's been "raised" by the wildling chick ever since? A future King "north of the wall" if ever there was one, imho.

And I don't think Cersei is done doing evil and stupid shit by a long shot. She'll probably outlive every other Lannister currently living. Also just a guess.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how far you've read but it'll be important later on. Kind of like how you saw beric dondarrion season 1 but didn't know or care who he was

I jumped ahead and finished book 3 a couple of weeks ago. (I'll have forgotten it all by the time HBO gets around to season 4)

The Rains of Castamere episode was so far off from what happened in the book that I didn't even try to connect all the dots. I just enjoyed the 'show, and tried to keep track of the Freys to be players later.

Hell, Catelyn didn't even slit the right throat. (I guess a women killing another women is OK, but they drew the line at "feeb" slaughter.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if you think about it, the show made the better choice -- having catelyn kill walder's wife instead of his grandson -- raised the stakes until walder said "fuck it, go for it". aside from that and jeyne/talisa, I thought they "nailed" the important parts

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you think about it, the show made the better choice -- having catelyn kill walder's wife instead of his grandson -- raised the stakes until walder said "fuck it, go for it". aside from that and jeyne/talisa, I thought they "nailed" the important parts

Oh, don't get me wrong; I thought the episode was great. But, the fact that they didn't show Catelyn killing a helpless Special person ,instead of a helpless woman, makes the Starks/Tully's seem like "nicer" people somehow. As if they are just being "victimized" and screwed over out of the blue.

I guess in the grand scheme somebody has to seem like the "good guy" for TV, but that isn't how any of these people are portrayed in the books.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I noticed you have a general issue with the Starks that way, like they are too 2-dimensionally "good guy" types... and you're right, in the books, they aren't presented as so uniformly "good", although close to it. I don't remember Ned doing anything less than heroic-seeming in the books except making horrible decisions (like his son).

Catelyn still murdered an innocent, defenseless girl (who had been introduced to the audience back in season 1, which I think was more impactful than trotting out a character the audience hadn't seen or known before), and I think the show has done a good job of making Robb look like a colossal dumbass (good tactician, bad strategist, and kind of a hypocrite about all his pretenses to honor and oathkeeping).

one thing I never got is couldn't rob have avoided all this shit with the Twins if he had just made a left instead of a right at the Green Fork? Or vice versa?

Last edited:

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I agree. Jinglebells or whatever his name was wasn't even in the show was he? If so, I don't remember him. In the books the slow rhymic beating of the drums signals the doom to come to the Starks. The music to me set the mood much better in the books. That said I thought the show did a good job. Was it perfect? No, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.