Game of Thrones Thread

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
he has been writing the current book for like what five years? I dont think he is completing that and last one by time the last season is released. Honestly think he dies before the last book is completed

No way the fat bastard makes it. Perhaps if he spent less time describing feasts and such he could trim some book fat. Guy goes on and on........

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've heard the exact same thing.

Won't have this problem with the spinoffs cause they're going to be prequels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are they going to do next?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What are they going to do next?

D&D's next project Confederate.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/hbo-confederate-tv-show-game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-db-weiss-1202500538/

“Confederate” chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution."

"The feel good series of the decade!"
D. Trump

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where do you think the show is heading? Random musings on how I think it might unfold:

The wall.......... What purpose doe's the wall and nights watch serve if the NK is defeated? Or do they just battle him to another 1,000 year retreat? With the wall down, and the wildlings South of the Wall, I don't see a need for the NW. Rather, I see an 8th kingdom, originally led by Tormund, north of the wall, and an ally of the North. If Jon wanted to get away from all the politics of the South, and pretty much disappear after the war, this might not be a bad place for him.

Theon, I imagine he saves Yara, dies in the process, and she ends up ruling the Iron Islands.

Jamie killing Cerise, while entirely possible, just seems too predictable. The prophecy by Maggie seems to imply the killer will choke Cersei to death, using his/her hands (special attention to the plural). Jamie only has one hand. And this doesn't seem to be Arya's style of killing either. If D & D are going to set up an " I didn't see that one coming" moment, I think this is the spot.

While Cleagenbowl is just fan service, and the Hound never speaks of a desire to kill his older brother, the Hound killing Cersei while in the Mountains armor might fulfill the prophecy in an unexpected way?

Vary's? who knows, he could die of old age and as long as in Westeros, this fulfills Mel's premonitions.

I do think Jorah's honor will be restored, and if the Nights Watch is still around, that is a good ending (him taking his fathers place), just not sure it will be. If Jorah and Jon become good friends, and Jorah yielding to Jon for Dany's affection, I think Sansa is a good match for Jorah.

Will we ever see Sweet Robynn again? What happens to the Vale? A Sansa/Sweet Robyn marriage is just to ewwww........ but Sansa ending up with the Vale is interesting............(assuming Jon lives of course)

Ultimately Bronn's fate will rely on if he chooses to stay with Cersei after/if Jamie leaves. I hope he defects as well, one of my favorite characters.

Gendry will be the king, with Arya as his queen. Brienne end up in charge of the kings guard, and Davos the ship master.

Bran is the NK theory: I really hope he doesn't end up being the NK, although I am starting to see this as a possible outcome (as much as I hate it). For Brann to die however, I think it has to coincide with the death of all magic, aka no more dragons, no more Others, no more Wall, etc.

Tormund is a key figure in the show universe, as there are no other named characters to represent the Wildlings at this point. For him to die, it would have to be fairly late in next season, and a good chance he survives as I stated earlier. The other minor characters are all cannon fodder in my opinion, with the possible exception of Qyburn.

Qyburn has been a bit of an enigma to me, I really like his character, and I compare him to Bronn in many ways. While both are on the wrong side, both are more opportunists than inherently good or bad. Bronn sells his services to the highest bidder, and Qyburn chooses to ally with those that allow him to conduct his research in the manor he sees fit (remember he was kicked out of the Citadel because his experiments were too dark). It will be interesting to see his reaction to the wights, and if his curiosity to see what makes them tick, ultimately ends up with his departure from Team Cersei. With the Citadel all but turning their backs on the WW issue, I think it would be a nice turn of events to see Sam, Brann, Gendry, and Qyburn working together to make weapons to fight the WW's.

As to who kills the NK, right now my leading characters are......Jon, Jamie, or Beric. Or a combination of all three. I sincerely believe Jamie is the third head of the dragon, and will lead a force from Westeros to ally with the Northern forces and Dany's forces to help fight the great battle.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Where do you think the show is heading? Random musings on how I think it might unfold:

The wall.......... What purpose doe's the wall and nights watch serve if the NK is defeated? Or do they just battle him to another 1,000 year retreat? With the wall down, and the wildlings South of the Wall, I don't see a need for the NW. Rather, I see an 8th kingdom, originally led by Tormund, north of the wall, and an ally of the North. If Jon wanted to get away from all the politics of the South, and pretty much disappear after the war, this might not be a bad place for him.

Theon, I imagine he saves Yara, dies in the process, and she ends up ruling the Iron Islands.

Jamie killing Cerise, while entirely possible, just seems too predictable. The prophecy by Maggie seems to imply the killer will choke Cersei to death, using his/her hands (special attention to the plural). Jamie only has one hand. And this doesn't seem to be Arya's style of killing either. If D & D are going to set up an " I didn't see that one coming" moment, I think this is the spot.

While Cleagenbowl is just fan service, and the Hound never speaks of a desire to kill his older brother, the Hound killing Cersei while in the Mountains armor might fulfill the prophecy in an unexpected way?

Vary's? who knows, he could die of old age and as long as in Westeros, this fulfills Mel's premonitions.

I do think Jorah's honor will be restored, and if the Nights Watch is still around, that is a good ending (him taking his fathers place), just not sure it will be. If Jorah and Jon become good friends, and Jorah yielding to Jon for Dany's affection, I think Sansa is a good match for Jorah.

Will we ever see Sweet Robynn again? What happens to the Vale? A Sansa/Sweet Robyn marriage is just to ewwww........ but Sansa ending up with the Vale is interesting............(assuming Jon lives of course)

Ultimately Bronn's fate will rely on if he chooses to stay with Cersei after/if Jamie leaves. I hope he defects as well, one of my favorite characters.

Gendry will be the king, with Arya as his queen. Brienne end up in charge of the kings guard, and Davos the ship master.

Bran is the NK theory: I really hope he doesn't end up being the NK, although I am starting to see this as a possible outcome (as much as I hate it). For Brann to die however, I think it has to coincide with the death of all magic, aka no more dragons, no more Others, no more Wall, etc.

Tormund is a key figure in the show universe, as there are no other named characters to represent the Wildlings at this point. For him to die, it would have to be fairly late in next season, and a good chance he survives as I stated earlier. The other minor characters are all cannon fodder in my opinion, with the possible exception of Qyburn.

Qyburn has been a bit of an enigma to me, I really like his character, and I compare him to Bronn in many ways. While both are on the wrong side, both are more opportunists than inherently good or bad. Bronn sells his services to the highest bidder, and Qyburn chooses to ally with those that allow him to conduct his research in the manor he sees fit (remember he was kicked out of the Citadel because his experiments were too dark). It will be interesting to see his reaction to the wights, and if his curiosity to see what makes them tick, ultimately ends up with his departure from Team Cersei. With the Citadel all but turning their backs on the WW issue, I think it would be a nice turn of events to see Sam, Brann, Gendry, and Qyburn working together to make weapons to fight the WW's.

As to who kills the NK, right now my leading characters are......Jon, Jamie, or Beric. Or a combination of all three. I sincerely believe Jamie is the third head of the dragon, and will lead a force from Westeros to ally with the Northern forces and Dany's forces to help fight the great battle.

Interesting thoughts. FWIW, the intended ending is supposed to be "bitersweet", according to GRRM, whatever that is supposed to mean.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'd say you're right about Theon. That one seems pretty obvious.

To me, Jorah is just annoying and pathetic at this point. Would rather see him killed off.

I have other plans for Beric. I think Jon will die again and Beric will use his last life up by giving Jon the kiss of life.

I think it's all about Bran cause the show kinda said it was. Don't like it but it's all gonna revolve around him as to how this Great War ends. Haven't quite figured that part out yet but your idea of a Bran death coupled with the end of all magic is as good as any.

Bronn will get his castle. Tormund will get his dream Bitch.

Dany will be the major character to die and would not be surprised if Jon died right along side of her. Have seen a lot of foreshadowing with her. The dragons are my children. The dragons are my children. Jon gives her a real child and names him after the man who saved his life the first time, Eddard. They will get married after Jon gets over the whole incest thing.

I think there is good reason for the discussion Tyrion has with her in the beginning of the next episode which officially airs tomorrow night.

Still saying Arya and Hound go on another adventure together. She will go to kill Cersei. Hound will want to finish whatever is left of his brother.

Gendry will take the throne after Dany, and likely her hubby, dies and will agree to make their son the next in line when he comes of age.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say you're right about Theon. That one seems pretty obvious.

To me, Jorah is just annoying and pathetic at this point. Would rather see him killed off.

I have other plans for Beric. I think Jon will die again and Beric will use his last life up by giving Jon the kiss of life.

I think it's all about Bran cause the show kinda said it was. Don't like it but it's all gonna revolve around him as to how this Great War ends. Haven't quite figured that part out yet but your idea of a Bran death coupled with the end of all magic is as good as any.

Bronn will get his castle. Tormund will get his dream Bitch.

Dany will be the major character to die and would not be surprised if Jon died right along side of her. Have seen a lot of foreshadowing with her. The dragons are my children. The dragons are my children. Jon gives her a real child and names him after the man who saved his life the first time, Eddard. They will get married after Jon gets over the whole incest thing.

I think there is good reason for the discussion Tyrion has with her in the beginning of the next episode which officially airs tomorrow night.

Still saying Arya and Hound go on another adventure together. She will go to kill Cersei. Hound will want to finish whatever is left of his brother.

Gendry will take the throne after Dany, and likely her hubby, dies and will agree to make their son the next in line when he comes of age.

Anything is possible. Doesn't make sense to me for Jorah to come back if not for a purpose. He might however come into play to help convince the northern houses Jon did not betray them when/if he bends the knee to Dany. I would like to see a Jorah/Lady Mormont conversation on the matter.

What you say about Beric is entirely possible, but the Lord of Light hasn't brought him back six times without a purpose. I guess bringing Jon back to life fits the bill, but not what I was thinking.

The death of Bran means no more Weirwood net, no more 3 eyed raven, thus why I said the death of all magic if he dies. If not he just disappears back North and becomes part of a tree.

For Bron to get a castle, he will either need to swap sides/defect, or to have a Cersei victory. If he stays with team Cersei, I see a Bron death in the future.

Dany's death is entirely possible, but I think Jon is the more likely to die. I can see her winning the throne, but yet not getting it. If she gets preggers though, the discussion with Tyrion is a mute point.

As for the Hound, I think we will start to get a clue of his future after episode 7 this season. I still think he dies, and I don't think Arya is the one to kill Cersei.

I am starting a new theory, Bran isn't the NK, but Little Sam is......

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
How could little sam be nk? The bran link is cause he can go into time

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How could little sam be nk? The bran link is cause he can go into time

I dunno, but at least the hair color fits, he is of First men blood (the last of crasters children) and Sam let him read the dam books.......

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bronn has no allegiance to Cersei. He'll either go with Jaime or back to Tyrion.

A Jorah/Lady Mormon moment would be nice... then he dies.

If Jon is Azor, that makes Beric giving him life more meaningful.

I'm stuck on the 1 more Arya/Hound adventure and won't give it up. Maggie's prophecy is different on the show than in the books and I think there is good reason for that.

In searching for that bittersweet ending, Dany and Jon dying side by side fits the bill. Especially when Jon says the same thing to Gendry that Gendry's father said to Ned and promises the throne to Eddard Targaryen when he comes of age. Your 2 most popular characters die together and their son lives on with top claim to the throne. It does not get more bittersweet than that.

And if Little Sam is NK, I say kill him and be done with it. I have no emotional attachment to him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No one is interested in the red priestess last hurrah?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Imp hasn't had a whore gang bang in awhile you might be on to something lol

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
D&D's next project Confederate.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/hbo-confederate-tv-show-game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-db-weiss-1202500538/

“Confederate” chronicles the events leading to the Third American Civil War. The series takes place in an alternate timeline, where the southern states have successfully seceded from the Union, giving rise to a nation in which slavery remains legal and has evolved into a modern institution."

"The feel good series of the decade!"
D. Trump

Get fucked:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he has been writing the current book for like what five years? I dont think he is completing that and last one by time the last season is released. Honestly think he dies before the last book is completed

Well. I think that he has completed that novel a couple of year ago and is just playing people.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Poor GRRM has anyone's like expectancy been more contemplated or debated?

I have no idea if this is true, but I heard that the show runners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have talked with GRRM about how he will end things in the books and they all agreed that the show should end up with similar results. D&D can get there in their own way but key elements like who is on the throne will be the same. If they end the show before the books are out, wouldn't that be a major spoiler for the readers? The tail wagging the dog, a TV show spoiling a book.

It's all a bunch of bullshit. Martin is the guy who is playing everyone and I love it. He doesn't need them but they need him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We don't even talk anymore. For you it's just 'please fuck me 51'. Newsflash, I'm not a lite switch.

You? You are just a little peckerwood who is not important anywhere!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's all a bunch of bullshit. Martin is the guy who is playing everyone and I love it. He doesn't need them but they need him.

Aw, that's sweet, it's like an opinion, only wrong. How can one person always be completely wrong about everything 100% of the time? If you just tossed a coin you should be right 50% of the time.

You are wrong.
The show runners don't need GRRM, he has signed off. They are free to do whatever they want to do. They reached an agreement on the ending, but how they get there is up to D&D.

As always you have no idea what you are talking about. The Hawk, loud but wrong, always and forever.

Does The Hawk have these kinds of problems in real life? Is it possible the Hawk flips a switch to idiot when he comes here and is a sane, rational, functioning human the rest of the time? I'd like to think so, the guy has a family, for them if for no other reason.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You? You are just a little peckerwood who is not important anywhere!

The Hawk know things. He smart, not dum like everybody says, Hawk smart.