Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is interested in the red priestess last hurrah?
She will return as the old woman so she is not recognized. She can't be recognized cause Jon would just send her off again if not execute her for what she did to Shireen.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well. I think that he has completed that novel a couple of year ago and is just playing people.

giphy.gif

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here's what we learned tonight:

1) More incest is most definitely down the road.

2) The NK should be pitching for the Blue Jays (I figure he's Canadian...).

3) I could do great things with a wight labor force.

4) Mr. Snow is über fucking indestructible.

5) The flaming sword trick is common? May have been a useful thing to teach to the expendable hobos they took with them.

6) This show is no longer going to kill off favorite characters until it is absolutely necessary (if at all); I just don't think the producers have the balls for it without Georgie forcing their hands. I seriously thought they were going to let Tormund die there. Figured there was no way Jon was going to bite it, but there was a moment of doubt.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

5) The flaming sword trick is common? May have been a useful thing to teach to the expendable hobos they took with them.

6) This show is no longer going to kill off favorite characters until it is absolutely necessary (if at all). I seriously thought they were going to let Tormund die there.

When you're Targaryen, incest is best. The King of the North is prepared to go down South on the Queen.

NK could have gone for a dragon that was closer. I think he just wanted to show off his arm.

Mr. Snow? That's Aegon Tagaryen, the great Azor Ahai!

Next season, many favorites will die.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm expecting just about everyone to die, but there has been a marked dropoff over the last few seasons. They should throw one shocker in there every once in a while to keep us on our toes. The dragon doesn't count since we have zero attachment to the "other" flying tanks that happen to show up once or twice a season -- if they had killed off Drogon, that may have been something, but I'm not even sure which that was since their colors have become kind of muddled. I think it was Viserion?

Oh, and I forgot to add Arya acting like a complete sociopath and Littlefinger actually doing something to move the story forward to my list.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bran will likely step in next week and tell Arya and Sansa what's up w/LF and then that's it for him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

6) This show is no longer going to kill off favorite characters until it is absolutely necessary (if at all); I just don't think the producers have the balls for it without Georgie forcing their hands. I seriously thought they were going to let Tormund die there. Figured there was no way Jon was going to bite it, but there was a moment of doubt.

It's consistent with the books. Thoros, albeit a priest, was actually at one time on hell of a warrior at one time, as was told in the brief exchange between him and Jorah. Thoros would wipe his sword with wild fire for his flaming sword trick, while Beric uses his blood (thus why he runs his hand up the sword), a gift given to him from the Lord of Light.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tormund got through to Jon when he said how Mance would never bend the knee but how many people died for his pride.

NK is a bad ass. I almost want to start rooting for him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like to know where the hell the NK got them chains from, he just lugging them around with him?

Hell with Brett Favre the NK, in what amounts to approximately 24-36 hours, a raven traveled 1400+ miles from North of the Wall to Dragon Stone, and then the dragons flew back. at that speed the dragons should have been able fly faster than that spear, lol.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ace Hardware for the chains? Who has chains like that in the middle of nowhere?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I told you guys, wight workforce. You think he just has them all marching unburdened? Nah, they're porting around all his worldly possessions. Actually, I'm kind of surprised they're not carrying his lair (castle?) around with them for dramatic effect -- kind of like the mobile oppression palace from Futurama.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We're really going to harp on where they got these chains in a world where an undead king can turn a dragon into a zombie?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watched the leaked episode - can't wait for the internet to double blow up once everybody sees it live

Brett Favre the Night King.

Nah, that pinpoint accuracy and leading his WR is more akin to Tom Brady. If it was Favre, it would probably of gotten intercepted. Lest we also forget the NK is the orignal Patriot. 8,000 years and counting he's been defending his home.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Watched the leaked episode - can't wait for the internet to double blow up once everybody sees it live

Brett Favre the Night King.

Hey, welcome to the board. How did you find us?

If you have any questions, Crystallas pretty much runs/owns this place.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Here's your recap of the episode:

Started well enough with the dialogue (Tormund especially), then just tanked... It doesn't help that the whole mission beyond the Wall was Special person to begin with, but even discounting that, everything was just way too convenient and contrived. It was basically an 80's action movie and featured the most absurd abuse of the jetpacking perk yet.

- Bear attack: Action for action sake, but the fight sequence didn't make much sense (small gripe)
- They just "stumble upon" a litte roving band of one (1) White Walker and his little band of misfits (THIS COULD BE OUR CHANCE GUYS!). How convenient.
- Hmmm, kill the White Walker and a bunch of wights eat shit along with it... except 1 (JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR! I GUESS OUR MISSION IS DONE!). By the way, we saw Jon take out a White Walker at Hardhome, and a bunch of wights didn't also each shit. But sure, I guess we're all learning things.
- Of course, the full army of the dead is right there because WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY NOT BE?!!? (Reason #110011 this mission was Special person in the first place).
- Hey Gendry, apparently we're only like a couple blocks away from Eastwatch still. Run on back there, and tell them to send a fucking raven TO DRAGONSTONE to tell Dany that we're about to be murdered by the army of the dead. Dragonstone is not close.
- Of course Dany gets the message about five minutes later and, of course, decides to go (in her freshly knitted royal garb from the Targaryen winter collection), after some more tortured dialogue between her and Tyrion as if there was a debate. (Yeah, we get it, their relationship is on the skids).
- Meanwhile, Jon and gang spend the night sleeping on a rock, exposed to the elements surrounded by the damn army that brings the worst winter ever-- but hey, only Thoros froze to death, so I guess it's a win.
- Finally, the fighting starts and the sequence is pretty weak. Besides being completed surrounded and outnumbered by millions, they manage to keep the dead at bay until Jon says to "fall back" (to where), only to realize they're still on a rock and still surrounded! (no shit). Apparently it only took 10 minutes for the rear flank of zombies to reach the rock too!!
- Man, this is tense... Oh wait, no it's not because of course here's Dany in the nick of time to burn the dead with her jetpack enabled dragons. Emotional impact: Negative.
- Funny, for dragons that can somehow travel at the speed of sound, they have a really hard time evading surface-to-air projectiles hurling at a fraction of those speeds.
- But Dany saves the day, nonetheless, so hey Jon, get on the fucking dragon and let's gtfo... NO, must keep fighting and have another contrived near death experience as he gets dragged under water by undead! He's really screwed now! :panic:
- Nope... here he is coming out of the water. :shrug: How? Why? Fuck you. Regards, B&B.
- Well shit, guess Jon's alive, but there are still dead everywhere. He's super screwed again!! Nope. Coldhands. I mean, Uncle Benjen. Long time, no see, I guess? Well, thank you for your service. :yawn:
- Fuck it. Jon's soaking wet and it's cold as fuck. Ride like the wind to Eastwatch.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Nah, that pinpoint accuracy and leading his WR is more akin to Tom Brady. If it was Favre, it would probably of gotten intercepted. Lest we also forget the NK is the orignal Patriot. 8,000 years and counting he's been defending his home.

I thought more Mike Glennon... over thrown the closer Dragon with the people on it and hit the one behind it.