Game of Thrones Thread

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He probably can but since the nk turned the dragon he would come under the nk control

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Idk if they will do it but I would be cool to show when bran goes back in time see how the nk was defeated the last time
Can't do that cause he still lives so was never defeated. They came to an agreement that Craster reneged on and now war ensues because of it.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
We're really going to harp on where they got these chains in a world where an undead king can turn a dragon into a zombie?

Well...

It's not like they can light up a forge and make chains. And did they have them in their back-packs just in case a Dragon fell in a frozen lake?

I think a better question, since they can obviously all swim in frozen water to attach the chains, is why the fuck they acted like complete pussies when they thought the ice might crack until a little rock didn't fall through.

Fuck, throw your fat buddy out there and see if he falls through. If he does? No biggie, he's cold and dead still. He may even high five you for it. If he doesn't, get there and kill the "dream team" before some dragons show up.

Oh... And why can the white walkers run so much faster than living people? They were a few fucking miles away in knee deep snow and they caught up in 13 seconds.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...

It's not like they can light up a forge and make chains. And did they have them in their back-packs just in case a Dragon fell in a frozen lake?

I think a better question, since they can obviously all swim in frozen water to attach the chains, is why the fuck they acted like complete pussies when they thought the ice might crack until a little rock didn't fall through.

Fuck, throw your fat buddy out there and see if he falls through. If he does? No biggie, he's cold and dead still. He may even high five you for it. If he doesn't, get there and kill the "dream team" before some dragons show up.

Oh... And why can the white walkers run so much faster than living people? They were a few fucking miles away in knee deep snow and they caught up in 13 seconds.
White walkers have super strength and they are living. They were bringing the chains along to scale or bring down the wall but will now have their new dragon wight do it.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
White walkers have super strength and they are living. They were bringing the chains along to scale or bring down the wall but will now have their new dragon wight do it.

Cool. That's what I thought. I suppose carrying a 3 or 4 chains that weigh a few thousand pounds around is no biggie when you're trying to win a throne. You never know when you're going to need em.

Thanks Spartan.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For sure....but need something more with them. Can fire or Dragonglass kill a wight dragon? Wildfire will definitely enter the picture at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was implied, the wight polar bear was taken out by Jorah and a dragonglass dagger. I am still wondering if Qyburn joins team Dany/Jon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, that was implied, the wight polar bear was taken out by Jorah and a dragonglass dagger. I am still wondering if Qyburn joins team Dany/Jon.
He can't be trusted. I would just kill him and ugly Cersei too.

If Viserion can be taken out with fire I think Drogon should go destroy him.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That is a latent interesting story-line. Clearly Sansa is afraid and Arya is pretty much the ultimate bad ass of them all. And Arya certainly loves Jon and doesn't trust Sansa. She probably loves her but see her what she always has been. Clearly Sansa has returned to LF who is conspiring against Jon with his "allies". I really want that fat leader of the Knights of the Vale to go through the moon door before this is over.

I also think that LF thinks he is at an advantage on Arya because he doesn't think that she saw him when she left his quarters. I doubt that. I think she knows being the spy that she is also. I wouldn't doubt that she also gets together with Bran and plots with him, possibly using Sam as an ally.

It is going to be interesting what happens in this last seasonal episode. Someone significant is going to die. My guess is that it is going to be little finger. Sam has to make it back to the wall and I think that he will have a huge role in the next episode as well as Bran. They almost have to get Bran into the fight with the night king, don't they? This is the most ill defined character in the entire story along with the night king.

So, right now Dany's army is still in great shape minus one dragon. But where is Cersei's fleet and what are they doing? Maybe her future love interest makes a deal with the Night King and betrays her? I also could see Dany ordering the Unsullied to take over Kings landing if Cersei doesn't bend the knee or make a deal with her?

I guess the upcoming episode is going to be a fight. But does Sansa betray Jon and withhold the Knights of the Vale from the cavalry that he needs against the WWs. I could see that happening. I could also see other allies of Jon betraying him also except a few like the Mormount lassie. And if that happens and Sansa betrays jon which I think that she will, then that will be the last straw for Arya and she will kill her and little finger.

I'm not saying this is completely out of the realm of possibility, but I think D&D is following their usual formula where the most intense action of the season is the penultimate episode(Battle of the Blackwater, Battle of the Bastards, Battle at the wall(I'm assuming this battle has an actual name),etc.). I don't doubt that there is going to be tension between Cersei-Dany/Tyrion/etc. should be interesting to see how that plays out.

I have a feeling Littlefinger sees his end soon, if not the next episode. Bran sees right through Littlefinger. If Arya and/or Sansa know the full truth(going all the way back to Littlefinger being partially responsible for Jon Arryn's death), it might be lights out.

I think the most fitting end would be if Arya steals Sansa's face, seduces him, and whacks him right before he expects they do the nasty. Not sure how Arya would get Sansa's face though...

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The pulling the Dragon back up with giant chains, was full on derp.

The dead use the weapons of the fallen living. The white walkers use weapons of ice. There is no blacksmith with a forge or smelter.

So...

...Where the fuck did the chain come from?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should have given her a head start yeah, but, still, the falcon is a very fast flyer and got that message there lickity split. Don't hate on the writers. Come on, man, Martin did say Targaryens had higher tolerance for both hot and cold.

With Viserions death, I think the falling into the water with his dead limp body sold his death more than had he just landed on land.

https://quartermaester.info/

Dragonstone is about 1,500-2,000 miles from Eastwatch. You can figure this out because the wall is over 100 leagues or 300 miles and in the map above you can use that to essentially measure the distance. Some math geek figured it out online.

So you are talking say several hours for Gendry to get to Eastwatch. Then about 7-10 hours for a falcon to get to Dragonstone if it is flying 200 miles an hour nonstop which is a fucking stretch. Then it's another 7-10 hours for a dragon to get from Dragonstone to Jon.

Realistically, the shit don't make any sense. Especially when you consider for all of this to work, the NK basically has to keep his Army of the Dead idle. An army that despite being dead is apparently afraid of water.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should have given her a head start yeah, but, still, the falcon is a very fast flyer and got that message there lickity split. Don't hate on the writers. Come on, man, Martin did say Targaryens had higher tolerance for both hot and cold.

With Viserions death, I think the falling into the water with his dead limp body sold his death more than had he just landed on land.

A falcon can fly at approximately 50 MPH, not sure how long it can sustain that, that still makes a one way trip last 28 hours. Don't confuse dive speed (200 mph) with horizontal flight. And I haven't seen any falcons mentioned in the show.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't do that cause he still lives so was never defeated. They came to an agreement that Craster reneged on and now war ensues because of it.

I always thought they beat him back into a withdrawal, but never killed him. I think the deal the NK had with Craster was something different entirely.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
A falcon can fly at approximately 50 MPH, not sure how long it can sustain that, that still makes a one way trip last 28 hours. Don't confuse dive speed (200 mph) with horizontal flight. And I haven't seen any falcons mentioned in the show.
OK, so no falcon. I think this is where Bran comes in. While not common knowledge, it is known that when warging into a raven, their speed can be increased by 20 times. This had to be what happened. I knew there was a very logical explanation.

Last edited:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I highly doubt Craster was alive 8000 some years ago in order to make a deal with the NK after he was defeated, or pushed back, or retreated, or whatever.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always thought they beat him back into a withdrawal, but never killed him. I think the deal the NK had with Craster was something different entirely.

Yeah, I highly doubt Craster was alive 8000 some years ago in order to make a deal with the NK after he was defeated, or pushed back, or retreated, or whatever.
I realize that but maybe it was a thing passed on from generation to generation, however the providers of babies were chosen. People who read the books might have a better idea of the history of the NK and his army but it's my understanding that the whole thing with the White Walkers and army of the dead is very different on the show than it was in the books. Maybe NK just had greater plans for Little Sam who was promised to him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing I was wondering about from last episode besides all the alleged plot holes you peeps have a problem with, was what Jon said about the NK. Beric points to NK and says, "Kill him. He turned them all" to which Jon replies, "You don't understand." What are Beric and I not understanding? Did Jon just mean he's near impossible to kill or they won't all die even if he was killed?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
One thing I was wondering about from last episode besides all the alleged plot holes you peeps have a problem with, was what Jon said about the NK. Beric points to NK and says, "Kill him. He turned them all" to which Jon replies, "You don't understand." What are Beric and I not understanding? Did Jon just mean he's near impossible to kill or they won't all die even if he was killed?
I'd assume with no real insight into the behind the script meanings that they would all die trying? But even that doesn't fit the statement if you're attempting to read into it.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
The pulling the Dragon back up with giant chains, was full on derp.

The dead use the weapons of the fallen living. The white walkers use weapons of ice. There is no blacksmith with a forge or smelter.

So...

...Where the fuck did the chain come from?

I was so check out of the episode by the time we got to the end when suddenly the Army of the Dead has all the required equipment to pull a cruise liner off the bottom of the ocean, it didn't even phase me.

This season feels so, so rushed. Especially this most recent episode, it seriously was paced like a direct to DVD B grade fantasy movie. It was so clumsily executed and had two deus ex machina in a 5 minute period.

Nevermind the awful Sansa/Arya arc that's happening right now.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK, so no falcon. I think this is where Bran comes in. While not common knowledge, it is known that when warging into a raven, their speed can be increased by 20 times. This had to be what happened. I knew there was a very logical explanation.

Nah… Bran just worged into Tyrion and gave her a heads up.

It would be kinda cool if Bran could worg into the ice dragon and turn him back to the living side. That would definitely have to be Jon's dragon. Fire/ice and reborn… all that jazz.