Game of Thrones Thread

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
With Viserions death, I think the falling into the water with his dead limp body sold his death more than had he just landed on land.

It also kept the Night King from resurrecting him immediately, making an escape for Dany and company extremely unlikely. He had to die in a way that gave them a little time to get out.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I was wondering if this could indeed be what is happening, and they are actually playing LF. Although, it doesn't make sense unless we are to assume LF was watching every conversation, even the ones in private between Sansa and Arya.

I think the side conversations between Arya and Sansa lead me to believe that Sansa doesn't know that Arya is playing Littlefinger. What an interesting development that would be; the younger sister leaving the older one in the dark about her plans because she believes she knows how to better take care of things.

Don't forget that Littlefinger is known by the characters to have his spies everywhere, too. If this type of plan were to be carried out by Arya, she would assume that he is watching/listening in some fashion no matter where a conversation is taking place.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't, that's cheap. I think we will see a repeate of the scene where Bronn shoots the dragon(ice) with a ballista, it falls, and then the NK is charged by whoever is going to kill him.

Unless they suddenly make dragon glass spears to shoot, ain't gonna do a fuckin thing to that dragon.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Unless they suddenly make dragon glass spears to shoot, ain't gonna do a fuckin thing to that dragon.
gendry-1366x768.jpg

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This also assumes that Jon knows the NK turned the dead dragon into an undead dragon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Read a very plausible theory that Arya (and possibly Sansa) are totally playing Littlefinger right now, taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't know she's a faceless man/ capable of changing her appearance. Think about it: if Arya has a bag of faces to change her appearance, why be so completely obvious about sneaking into his room with her own face to search? Also don't forget that she has extremely heightened senses from her time being blind during her training. Does anyone think it's possible that she knew he was watching while sneaking around? Also, she told Sansa they were playing a game where lying effectively was the objective, thus all the threatening talk of what she might do (aha!) Very interesting to think about.
I would say it's not only plausible but more than likely. Certain Arya was fucking around just waiting to expose LF. She was the cup bearer for Tywin when LF was there kissing that Lannister ass. She knows exactly what he is.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not clicking on any fucking spoilers.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't worry about the time stuff like others do. You can never tell exactly how much time is passing and I'd rather they get right to the good stuff anyway. Even stuff like the chains and Jon being in the water for so long can be reasonably explained away if you paid more attention. They showed part of ship and a dock so reasonable to assume some anchor chains in the vicinity. And if you watch it again Jon wasn't under for several minutes. Only about a minute and 20 seconds in the show. Hell, even I can stay underwater that long.

The things I wonder about are why the fuck is Thoros freezing to death when both he and Beric can apparently light their swords on fire whenever they wish? That was a needless death. He was just a happy drunk not hurting anyone. Come on, man, can we light those swords on fire and give the man some heat so he doesn't have to freeze to death? And, another thing, I can buy the chains were there cause it was a ship grave yard but I thought these ******* couldn't swim. Who'd NK get to go down there and tie this dragon up? Why the touch? Thought that was reserved for babies being turned to White Walkers. He would just be raising the dead in this instance.

It also kept the Night King from resurrecting him immediately, making an escape for Dany and company extremely unlikely. He had to die in a way that gave them a little time to get out.
Well, if he dies on land, the thinking would be is he really dead? Then should Daenerys, who thinks of them as her children, go to him or just coldly leave him for dead. But when he crashes into the ice and you see him go limp as his lifeless body slides down into the water, there is no doubt he be dead.

This also assumes that Jon knows the NK turned the dead dragon into an undead dragon.
I'm sure Bran will alert him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/did-game-thrones-director-just-183000885.html

After reading this I think 100% she kills lf just idt Sansa will be in on it. I think lf is on her list and she will use his face to play Sansa
It doesn't appear Sansa is in on it but I never got the feeling there was that much hate and distrust between them.

We'll see Sansa pass his sentence and Arya carry out the execution. I think what would have been better though is if Sansa went by her father's words, "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword". Ehhh, guess she's still too much of a priss.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they went with a shortened season having actually watched the episodes now.

Prior to the season starting I figured the rumors that they just didn't have enough material to flesh out two more 10 episode seasons, but too much for just one season. But now? I just don't get it. All the issues with this season could be fixed with a bit more time to let all this shit breath.

Think about it, the whole North of the Wall expedition and then penultimate battle would have been 100 times better if they gave it more time.

• Jon and crew finds zombie patrol
  • Combat happens, they steal the wight
  • Shit goes pear shaped and they have to retreat to the island
  • Crew is stuck on the island for several days while Gendry/Ravens get the message to Dany, who then has to fly hundreds of miles north to save their asses
  • During the days that pass while waiting for possible rescue these characters, some of whom are great, get to interact with each other!
  • We get more scenes with The Hound and Tormund talkin shit about the finer points of sucking dicks and getting busy with large women and other fun shit
  • While the Norther Exposure group is slowly starving to death and hoping for rescue the show gets to spend more time dealing with whatever the fuck is going on with Pyscho Arya, Deus Machina Bran and poor Sansa, because the Winterfell arc feels beyond Special person right now

It wouldn't solve the problem with Jon being an absolute moron and fighting the undead for no reason while everyone else was waiting in the Car, er dragon, to leave. It doesn't solve the super sloppy, and awful writing that was that whole final battle, but it at least takes care of the weird time traveling plot holes they've opened.

I mean from the beginning of the expedition when the show runners decided to include red shirt wilding fodder you knew none of the main characters would be in the slightest amount of danger. Yeah, Thoros died, but that dude had about 10 minutes of screen time. One of the most important things that makes GoT's what it is, is that Martin hated plot armor in traditional fantasy. He's quoted saying something a long the lines of "The problem with fantasy stories is that when the hero is surrounded by certain death that he's really in no danger at all, there's no suspense because no one will kill the main character". I can't remember GoT ever bothering with Red Shirts before, actually, I take that back. Season one where Jamie confronts Ned in King's Landing a couple of minor characters and random red shirt guys die. I think that was done on purpose though, to sort of lull the audience into taking the show as the sort of standard story where they hero wins in the end, and then bam Ned gets the chop at the end of the season.

I guess what I'm saying is, a giant battle with 3 huge dragons and an army of the undead and a magic zombie ice spear throwing demon harbinger of the apocalypse was 100 times less interesting or suspenseful than Brienne and the Hound and their insane fight, or when The Mountain and Oberyn squared off to determine Tyrion's fate. Or christ, the Battle of the Blackwater, I bet the Blackwater had half the budget of Sunday's episode but it was a million times more epic.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not really, the NK was still a good distance away from the dead dragon, and had to physically touch him to raise him. Not to mention he still had two dragons to contend with.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the side conversations between Arya and Sansa lead me to believe that Sansa doesn't know that Arya is playing Littlefinger. What an interesting development that would be; the younger sister leaving the older one in the dark about her plans because she believes she knows how to better take care of things.

Don't forget that Littlefinger is known by the characters to have his spies everywhere, too. If this type of plan were to be carried out by Arya, she would assume that he is watching/listening in some fashion no matter where a conversation is taking place.

I think your giving the show writers too much credit, and I am sure it will be Bran that comes in and saves the day, with the tensions between Arya and Sansa very real.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heading into the Finale, I'm just going to leave this here. Still love it BTW

[video=youtube;2fPgIIB67bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fPgIIB67bw[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't worry about the time stuff like others do. You can never tell exactly how much time is passing and I'd rather they get right to the good stuff anyway. Even stuff like the chains and Jon being in the water for so long can be reasonably explained away if you paid more attention. They showed part of ship and a dock so reasonable to assume some anchor chains in the vicinity. And if you watch it again Jon wasn't under for several minutes. Only about a minute and 20 seconds in the show. Hell, even I can stay underwater that long.

The things I wonder about are why the fuck is Thoros freezing to death when both he and Beric can apparently light their swords on fire whenever they wish? That was a needless death. He was just a happy drunk not hurting anyone. Come on, man, can we light those swords on fire and give the man some heat so he doesn't have to freeze to death? And, another thing, I can buy the chains were there cause it was a ship grave yard but I thought these ******* couldn't swim. Who'd NK get to go down there and tie this dragon up? Why the touch? Thought that was reserved for babies being turned to White Walkers. He would just be raising the dead in this instance.

Well, if he dies on land, the thinking would be is he really dead? Then should Daenerys, who thinks of them as her children, go to him or just coldly leave him for dead. But when he crashes into the ice and you see him go limp as his lifeless body slides down into the water, there is no doubt he be dead.

I'm sure Bran will alert him.

So not only did some scuba wights attached chains to a dragon, they also scoured the bottom of a frozen lake for chains left behind by a shipwreck?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Blame the HBO budgets. They are rushing things and cutting the show short.