Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So not only did some scuba wights attached chains to a dragon, they also scoured the bottom of a frozen lake for chains left behind by a shipwreck?
Who knew the ******* could swim? Guess that answers my question as to why people in Westeros aren't leaving for Essos or a nearby island.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Read a very plausible theory that Arya (and possibly Sansa) are totally playing Littlefinger right now, taking advantage of the fact that he doesn't know she's a faceless man/ capable of changing her appearance. Think about it: if Arya has a bag of faces to change her appearance, why be so completely obvious about sneaking into his room with her own face to search? Also don't forget that she has extremely heightened senses from her time being blind during her training. Does anyone think it's possible that she knew he was watching while sneaking around? Also, she told Sansa they were playing a game where lying effectively was the objective, thus all the threatening talk of what she might do (aha!) Very interesting to think about.

That doesn't seem plausible at all to me. What would be the point of trying to trick LF rather than just outright killing him? What purpose does it serve? What's her goal in all of this.

Then again, the whole LF/Sansa thing just makes no sense from the time he gave her over to the Bolton's. LF has gone from this Machiavellian genius to a dude that the writers just have do devious this with no long term plan in place. Pitting Arya and Sansa against each other is stupid from the start because there is no guarantee one wouldn't kill the other except for the fact it's a TV show. LF would never gamble like that without being more certain of the outcome.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who knew the ******* could swim? Guess that answers my question as to why people in Westeros aren't leaving for Essos or a nearby island.

Although if they could swim then why wouldn't they just swim around the wall?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That doesn't seem plausible at all to me. What would be the point of trying to trick LF rather than just outright killing him? What purpose does it serve? What's her goal in all of this.

Then again, the whole LF/Sansa thing just makes no sense from the time he gave her over to the Bolton's. LF has gone from this Machiavellian genius to a dude that the writers just have do devious this with no long term plan in place. Pitting Arya and Sansa against each other is stupid from the start because there is no guarantee one wouldn't kill the other except for the fact it's a TV show. LF would never gamble like that without being more certain of the outcome.
In truth, I think the only objective in this story line was to tease a bigger rift between Arya and Sansa than there ever was. There's no doubt Arya is fucking with LF but it makes little sense as to why when Bran can just tell about all his crimes against the Starks and then they have him killed. Perhaps the weakest story line they've had.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
So not only did some scuba wights attached chains to a dragon, they also scoured the bottom of a frozen lake for chains left behind by a shipwreck?
The Night King used polar bears with wights on its back to get the chains down there.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
So... we still don't have a link? Or the episode has not been leaked? :shrug:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But if they can swim, why was the ice breaking in the beginning of the fight sequence an issue?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But if they can swim, why was the ice breaking in the beginning of the fight sequence an issue?

They can't really swim but they can't drown either. NK just send them down to do the job. They still down there walking around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Why is everyone complaining about the plot holes regarding chains and raven speeds? It's a damn fantasy show. Not everything has been logical from the start.

I never saw anyone complaining about how Ayra wears a face and uses their voice... How come the face doesn't decompose?

:smh:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can't really swim but they can't drown either. NK just send them down to do the job. They still down there walking around.

No ice fishing for me.......

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why is everyone complaining about the plot holes regarding chains and raven speeds? It's a damn fantasy show. Not everything has been logical from the start.

I never saw anyone complaining about how Ayra wears a face and uses their voice... How come the face doesn't decompose?

:smh:

I think it bothers people because you could have written that episode differently in order for those holes to simply not exist.

They could have stretched the expedition North over 2 episodes.... they could have had Dany wind up at the Wall or heading to the Wall rather than sitting at Dragonstone... they could have written the whole surrounded/siege thing differently so the time it took for Gendry/raven/Dany to all come to the rescue was more plausible... how do you write that and not notice the holes and do something to cover them? This isn't a matter of magic use or w/e, this is a matter of them basically asking us to ignore established physics/timeframes that have existed in the show/story for a while now and they didn't need the holes to exist.

The dragon thing is easy.... don't have it crash into the lake and need to be dragged up..... or make the lake shallow enough so it didn't sink to the bottom... or have the dead dragon slide to the edge of the lake where at least the head is showing so the NK could rez it without needing the wights to somehow find giant chains and drag it out of the water.

These are pretty easy plot holes to fill, I think that is more of what bothers people.... not so much the holes, but the fact they didn't need to exist, they could have been easily written/edited out of the show.

Oh last thought.... they coulda made the journey North appear very short, so Gendry/raven/Dany timeline was a bit more plausible.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I've just come to the conclusion it's rushed/lazy writing and pushing the show forward despite the wants of the viewers. Is what it is. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and really didn't care about the plot holes people seem to be harping on.

I don't really draw a line between magic and physics as to what makes me wonder.

To each their own I assume. I wish there were more episodes and things would be way more detailed, but I am happy with what I get at this point.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it bothers people because you could have written that episode differently in order for those holes to simply not exist.

They could have stretched the expedition North over 2 episodes.... they could have had Dany wind up at the Wall or heading to the Wall rather than sitting at Dragonstone... they could have written the whole surrounded/siege thing differently so the time it took for Gendry/raven/Dany to all come to the rescue was more plausible... how do you write that and not notice the holes and do something to cover them? This isn't a matter of magic use or w/e, this is a matter of them basically asking us to ignore established physics/timeframes that have existed in the show/story for a while now and they didn't need the holes to exist.

The dragon thing is easy.... don't have it crash into the lake and need to be dragged up..... or make the lake shallow enough so it didn't sink to the bottom... or have the dead dragon slide to the edge of the lake where at least the head is showing so the NK could rez it without needing the wights to somehow find giant chains and drag it out of the water.

These are pretty easy plot holes to fill, I think that is more of what bothers people.... not so much the holes, but the fact they didn't need to exist, they could have been easily written/edited out of the show.

Oh last thought.... they coulda made the journey North appear very short, so Gendry/raven/Dany timeline was a bit more plausible.

Coulda shoulda but they don't seem concerned at this point about condensing things in the interest of having more action.

Personally if it was me, I would have had Dany do a flyover with Jon beyond the wall and let him take pictures of the army of the dead on his smart phone to present as evidence of their existence.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A thanks wasn't enough, can I add an "AMEN!"

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And when is Tyrion going to get fired as the Hand? When's the last time half pint had a good idea?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coulda shoulda but they don't seem concerned at this point about condensing things in the interest of having more action.

Personally if it was me, I would have had Dany do a flyover with Jon beyond the wall and let him take pictures of the army of the dead on his smart phone to present as evidence of their existence.

Or just take a trusted representative from KL (Jamie maybe) to show him the WW army, and not actually have to capture one?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The question was why people are bothered by these plot holes.

I answered...

I don't think anyone feels the show is ruined, but they are introducing gaping plot holes with no purpose.

Might as well add Lady Stoneheart next episode without explaining how she was rez'd....

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've just come to the conclusion it's rushed/lazy writing and pushing the show forward despite the wants of the viewers. Is what it is. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and really didn't care about the plot holes people seem to be harping on.

I don't really draw a line between magic and physics as to what makes me wonder.

To each their own I assume. I wish there were more episodes and things would be way more detailed, but I am happy with what I get at this point.

It's still the best show on TV, I still enjoy watching it, and the special effects are phenomenal. The thing is, it set a high bar in the first five seasons, and when D & D ran out of published material, things started slipping a bit. I was ok with it as while the plot might have suffered a bit, the production itself was still top notch.

But this last episode, as great as the special effects were, felt more like Sharknado then GOT.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
It's still the best show on TV, I still enjoy watching it, and the special effects are phenomenal. The thing is, it set a high bar in the first five seasons, and when D & D ran out of published material, things started slipping a bit. I was ok with it as while the plot might have suffered a bit, the production itself was still top notch.

But this last episode, as great as the special effects were, felt more like Sharknado then GOT.
It reminds me of the current remakes or current action movies. Seems to be all action and less plot. While entertaining, it does miss that special factor we all fell in love with for the show.

I know we were all worried this would happen when told how much had to be crammed into the last two seasons and that there were less episodes being made.

I do wonder if the consumer demand had a hand in the sub standard work we were used to (mixed in with the DD scripting).