Game of Thrones Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We don't know the current temp so don't know how long it would take.

They can't swim. I was joking about that. They would just sink although some did manage to get back to the surface and grab at Tormund. I just don't have a problem with these time plot holes people are making such a big deal about. It's nothing and unimportant. Just imagine enough time has passed which it likely did cause there's no way of knowing how much time has passed.

I would take a little issue with other stuff people don't normally mention. Like why did Thoros freeze to death when both he and Beric had the ability to set their swords on fire? When Clegane throws a rock and it stays on the ice, why do the dead automatically think the ice is thick enough to support hundreds of them since it supported a rock? Are they dumb? And, yes, I really want to know why Tyrion hasn't been fired. He hasn't gotten 1 thing right this whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can swim... otherwise how the fuck did they get down to the dragon, put chains around it, and drag it up out of the water?

Someone has to swim down and attach the chains.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
They can swim... otherwise how the fuck did they get down to the dragon, put chains around it, and drag it up out of the water?

He had a polar bear wight. Maybe he had fish wights. The possibilities are endless...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He had a polar bear wight. Maybe he had fish wights. The possibilities are endless...

How would a fish wight secure giant chains around a dragon, now you're just being silly.

But now I want to see a wight Alligator

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm guessing NK sacrificed some of his dead to go in and sink to the bottom and do this. They still down there.

I think White Walkers should be able to swim. Maybe they didn't swim around the wall just cause they wouldn't be able to take the dead army along.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing NK sacrificed some of his dead to go in and sink to the bottom and do this. They still down there.

I think White Walkers should be able to swim. Maybe they didn't swim around the wall just cause they wouldn't be able to take the dead army along.

They can walk, run, fight, and they can't drown.... why wouldn't they be able to swim?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:

Guessing is not allowed sir. I've yet to see a jet packed Raven as well.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They can walk, run, fight, and they can't drown.... why wouldn't they be able to swim?

Cause Jon tells Euron they can't swim in the next episode?

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you spoiler'd the wrong thing buddy

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
He's going to know what Drogo's left overs feel like

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guessing is not allowed sir. I've yet to see a jet packed Raven as well.

Forget the raven, I think people are underestimating the speed of the dragons. Could have sworn I heard a sonic boom when Drogon flew in with Dany.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the WW's couldn't swim because they lack buoyancy + and armor they might have on.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the WW's couldn't swim because they lack buoyancy + and armor they might have on.

For the sake of argument.... couldn't they have just piled in and built a wight ladder/pile up to Jon and Co?

I feel like they had options for attack Jon and them without even needing to wait on the ice to freeze

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ya'll must read the books. The books give you a deeper meaning to their philosophies and gods. and then most of you NON-readers are missing out on the stories of old and the story of Aerys.
I hope we can at least get some flashbacks of Aerys or the First of Men. that be nice bout i doubt that..this story is not for the weak, hell it's darker then almost anything i ever read. unless we're talking politics.

Books are so passé. Wait for the prequel spinoff of GOT.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't know the current temp so don't know how long it would take.

They can't swim. I was joking about that. They would just sink although some did manage to get back to the surface and grab at Tormund. I just don't have a problem with these time plot holes people are making such a big deal about. It's nothing and unimportant. Just imagine enough time has passed which it likely did cause there's no way of knowing how much time has passed.

I would take a little issue with other stuff people don't normally mention. Like why did Thoros freeze to death when both he and Beric had the ability to set their swords on fire? When Clegane throws a rock and it stays on the ice, why do the dead automatically think the ice is thick enough to support hundreds of them since it supported a rock? Are they dumb? And, yes, I really want to know why Tyrion hasn't been fired. He hasn't gotten 1 thing right this whole season.

As for Thoros, the answer is quite clearly shock, making him much more susceptible to the cold. Not sure about show Thoros, but book Thoros used wildfire to make his sword flame, maybe he ran out? Beric uses his own blood, which is why he runs his hand up the blade. Needless to say, each has its limitations......

As for Tyrion, not sure he could have anticipated Euron Greyjoy, and the fleet going to get the Dorninsh soldiers was a foregone conclusion anyway, can't lay the blame on that one at his feet.

The defection of Randyl Tarley and several other vassal house of the Reach, thats Lady Olenna's fault. Should Tyrion had seen this coming? If not for their defection, I doubt the Lannister forces could have made such easy work of the sacking of the Reach, and things could have played out much differently, with the Reach at least holding the lannisters at bay long enough for Dany to come in a virtually wipe out the Lannisters and end the war.

The Casterly Rock invasion though is entirely on him, but not nearly the catastrophe that the Euron battle was, which Yara and Theon are much more to blame for.

In the wight scene at first it is one that ventures across, then a few more, and so on and so on. It's not like they all ran across immediately.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
For the sake of argument.... couldn't they have just piled in and built a wight ladder/pile up to Jon and Co?

I feel like they had options for attack Jon and them without even needing to wait on the ice to freeze
It felt like a tactical move by the Night King. He didn't need to cross and risk losing more Wights in the water. They were obviously trapped. He could just wait in his prime position for them to die from the cold.