Game of Thrones Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It felt like a tactical move by the Night King. He didn't need to cross and risk losing more Wights in the water. They were obviously trapped. He could just wait in his prime position for them to die from the cold.

And let's be honest.... based on how long his army takes to move.... he does alot of fucking waiting.

9bg8ku0nhrfz.png

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for Thoros, the answer is quite clearly shock, making him much more susceptible to the cold. Not sure about show Thoros, but book Thoros used wildfire to make his sword flame, maybe he ran out? Beric uses his own blood, which is why he runs his hand up the blade.

As for Tyrion, not sure he could have anticipated Euron Greyjoy, and the fleet going to get the Dorninsh soldiers was a foregone conclusion anyway, can't lay the blame on that one at his feet. The Casterly Rock invasion though is entirely on him, but not nearly the catastrophe that the Euron battle was, which Yara and Theon are much more to blame for.

In the wight scene at first it is one that ventures across, then a few more, and so on and so on. It's not like they all ran across immediately.

Ok, I can buy all that but I'm still disappointed in Tyrion this season. He's too soft with the Lannisters too. They could take them in about 5 minutes right now. But, no, they'll wait til Cersei buys their army and have their own forces depleted from The Great War. This is not the same Tyrion I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, I can buy all that but I'm still disappointed in Tyrion this season. He's too soft with the Lannisters too. They could take them in about 5 minutes right now. But, no, they'll wait til Cersei buys their army and have their own forces depleted from The Great War. This is not the same Tyrion I remember.

Tyrion has softened a ton since his bitter days immediately following his escape from Cersei/King's Landing.... I think part of that is time and part of it is Dany.

Also, Tyrion has never been a psycho asshole tyrant who doesn't care about people.... he might hate Cersei, but he obviously doesn't hate Jamie and he does not want to see the people in Westeros butchered/burned just because Cersei is a stubborn cunt.

And lastly, he is very aware of The Mad King's legacy and wants to avoid Westeros seeing Dany as the same tyrant.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And let's be honest.... based on how long his army takes to move.... he does alot of fucking waiting.

9bg8ku0nhrfz.png

Being immortal has its advantages. Nobody has more time to just sit and wait.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

9bg8ku0nhrfz.png

You would move pretty slow too if you had all them chains to lug around.......... :)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I actually edited and added more to what I said while you were replying.......

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You would move pretty slow too if you had all them chains to lug around.......... :)

When you're thousands of years old.... a few years is nothing.... your army isn't starving to death or freezing, it is only growing as you kill more Wildlings, I think the lag from season 1 to now with the Night King has some explanation.

And since according to our new theory, the NK somehow knows about Dany/Jon and her dragons.... he knew he had to wait 6 years for them to grow up so he could kill one and rez it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, he is placing his faith in Jamie, not Cersei. I don't think Tyrion would shed a tear if she were to die. They see the value off adding the Lannister forces to theirs for the great war, as opposed to fighting them and incurring casualties of their own.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tyrion has softened a ton since his bitter days immediately following his escape from Cersei/King's Landing.... I think part of that is time and part of it is Dany.

Also, Tyrion has never been a psycho asshole tyrant who doesn't care about people.... he might hate Cersei, but he obviously doesn't hate Jamie and he does not want to see the people in Westeros butchered/burned just because Cersei is a stubborn cunt.

And lastly, he is very aware of The Mad King's legacy and wants to avoid Westeros seeing Dany as the same tyrant.

They should have ridden the high after they squashed their army. They were ripe for the sacking. Could have just marched the Dothraki right in there and taken over. Didn't even need dragons at that point. Those Dragons would be better used taking out Euron's fleet. A great strategist, Tyrion has not been.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you're thousands of years old.... a few years is nothing.... your army isn't starving to death or freezing, it is only growing as you kill more Wildlings, I think the lag from season 1 to now with the Night King has some explanation.

And since according to our new theory, the NK somehow knows about Dany/Jon and her dragons.... he knew he had to wait 6 years for them to grow up so he could kill one and rez it.

That's not my new theory, sorry. While I could see them using that in the show, quite simply it would suck if that were to happen. Then you have the NK on one side, Bran on the other, both can see the past/present/future.........argh, nothing but a stalemate. I really really hate time loops, it is the biggest of plot cop outs imaginable......

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Golden company is only 10,000 strong in the show universe, maybe 20,000. No more. I don't see how they could tip the scales, hell, the Unsullied could handle most them alone.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's not my new theory, sorry. While I could see them using that in the show, quite simply it would suck if that were to happen. Then you have the NK on one side, Bran on the other, both can see the past/present/future.........argh, nothing but a stalemate. I really really hate time loops, it is the biggest of plot cop outs imaginable......

Oh I know you don't... I was being sarcastic.

I agree on time loops, but honestly I could see it being used on a larger scale than Hodor...

Somehow Bran is the NK.... so everything he doing is to try to force the hand of Westeros to fight/kill him and his army... he (the entity known as Bran) keep trying things to force something different to happen, like Bran falling from the tower..... Jon joining the Night's Watch.... Drogo dying and leaving Dany to rise on her own rather than remaining his queen..... Stannis not bringing Melisandre and losing battle of Blackwater.... I could see them contriving this string of stuff that Bran has influenced to try to steer events in a certain path..... even Robb and Red Wedding.... Ned dying.... all these awful things he has to allow or not steer away from to get things to where they are now.

Not saying this will be the deal, but I know what you mean about time loops and I could imagine it here.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's a fun thing to ponder....

Will the Night King ever speak a word in the entire show?

I agree the silence adds to that creepy malevolent feel, so I like the way they have done it up to now.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's a fun thing to ponder....

Will the Night King ever speak a word in the entire show?

I agree the silence adds to that creepy malevolent feel, so I like the way they have done it up to now.

Say anything? No. Communicate somehow, maybe.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Believe a lot of the waiting may have to do with the slow progression of winter approaching as well? Seems to be the theme that winter is slowly rolling in.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I know you don't... I was being sarcastic.

I agree on time loops, but honestly I could see it being used on a larger scale than Hodor...

Somehow Bran is the NK.... so everything he doing is to try to force the hand of Westeros to fight/kill him and his army... he (the entity known as Bran) keep trying things to force something different to happen, like Bran falling from the tower..... Jon joining the Night's Watch.... Drogo dying and leaving Dany to rise on her own rather than remaining his queen..... Stannis not bringing Melisandre and losing battle of Blackwater.... I could see them contriving this string of stuff that Bran has influenced to try to steer events in a certain path..... even Robb and Red Wedding.... Ned dying.... all these awful things he has to allow or not steer away from to get things to where they are now.

Not saying this will be the deal, but I know what you mean about time loops and I could imagine it here.

Seen many theories thinking the same thing, Bran influencing everything and even turning the Mad King mad.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think he will. He communicated with craster for his children

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I would be largely disappointed in Bran being behind the scenes for the whole end game. Just seems like a bad Shamalan movie. All of that character and plot development for some obvious twist.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To address this...

Did anyone notice how the white walkers had 3 of those ice spears like the one used to kill the dragon? Maybe they were waiting for the cavalry to arrive (Dany and dragons) to rescue Jon & Friends so they could end their biggest threat quickly (one spear for each dragon). If they go ahead and kill Jon and friends, then move on, maybe they don't get the shot at the dragons they ended up with. Just a thought...

The problem with this is that they started their attack before Dany arrived. So what's the logic here. The NK could sense Dany was going to arrive just as all hope was lost and so he sent the goons in early?

There comes a point where every attempt to try and rationalize something just creates more questions and plot holes. The plot holes existed. No biggie. It only becomes a big deal when people try to use these types of mental gymnastics to try and explain them rather than simply saying you don't care about them.