Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why is everyone complaining about the plot holes regarding chains and raven speeds? It's a damn fantasy show. Not everything has been logical from the start.

I never saw anyone complaining about how Ayra wears a face and uses their voice... How come the face doesn't decompose?

:smh:

It is well understood in the sci fi and fantasy realm that the expectation is that the show is internally consistent ie the physics or laws of that universe should conform to what the show establishes as reasonable for that universe. So dragons are internally consistent because the show establishes their existence. However, the show established that the Wall is 300 miles long and thus Dragonstone is thousands of miles away from Eastwatch. Nothing in the show establishes ravens can fly at warp speed.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question was why people are bothered by these plot holes.

I answered...

I don't think anyone feels the show is ruined, but they are introducing gaping plot holes with no purpose.

Might as well add Lady Stoneheart next episode without explaining how she was rez'd....

I think they can be explained away if need be. There has always been magic and weirdness on the show but it was never driven by that as it is now. The Game of Thrones has become more about the fight against the Walking Dead albeit walking dead with a little bit more pep in their step and led by a super natural race of White Walkers.

There will be fans who miss the actual quest for the throne and battles and interactions between the real characters as the Iron Throne takes a back seat to this Great War against this super natural army. It's because of this turn the show has taken in its final stage that people are more likely to complain about plot holes, no matter how big or small they might be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they can be explained away if need be. There has always been magic and weirdness on the show but it was never driven by that as it is now. The Game of Thrones has become more about the fight against the Walking Dead albeit walking dead with a little bit more pep in their step and led by a super natural race of White Walkers.

There will be fans who miss the actual quest for the throne and battles and interactions between the real characters as the Iron Throne takes a back seat to this Great War against this super natural army. It's because of this turn the show has taken in its final stage that people are more likely to complain about plot holes, no matter how big or small they might be.

This is what you don't seem to be grasping.... there need not be.... the holes didn't need to exist.... I could write that episode with a few tweaks and have it make sense and have no one asking any questions that need to be explained.

If I could edit it, why didn't they edit it? That is the issue here.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what you don't seem to be grasping.... there need not be.... the holes didn't need to exist.... I could write that episode with a few tweaks and have it make sense and have no one asking any questions that need to be explained.

Are they really the gaping holes though? If you see the dock and part of the ship you can certainly assume the chains came from there. If you think Aegon Targaryen was underwater for several minutes you may be surprised that he was actually only under for a bit over a minute.

I could write it with a few tweaks too but dummies who don't pay attention are still going to see plot holes. I know time has become a big issue lately but the complaints were the opposite in early seasons when people were asking when was Daenerys gonna stop traveling and do something. People like to whine is all. So don't worry if it's 1 or 2 or more days that has passed, just know this got here and that got there and now she's here.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are they really the gaping holes though? If you see the dock and part of the ship you can certainly assume the chains came from there. If you think Aegon Targaryen was underwater for several minutes you may be surprised that he was actually only under for a bit over a minute.

I could write it with a few tweaks too but dummies who don't pay attention are still going to see plot holes. I know time has become a big issue lately but the complaints were the opposite in early seasons when people were asking when was Daenerys gonna stop traveling and do something. People like to whine is all. So don't worry if it's 1 or 2 or more days that has passed, just know this got here and that got there and now she's here.

Yes, they are gaping holes if they are so obvious people feel the need to discuss them, especially the whole time period of them being under siege.

The ice needed to freeze for them to cross and attack.... this part severely limits how long it could have taken for Gendry to get to Eastwatch, raven to get to Dany, and Dany to get to Jon....

Gendry running to the wall has to take at least half a day... a raven is going to take a couple days minimum to get to Dany.... Dany is going to take a day or so at least to get to Jon.... Even if you assume bare minimums of travel/notification/response.... the group on the ice was out there for like 3 days minimum.... and the ice didn't freeze I guess....

Now all of this bullshit could have been avoided by just contriving some reason Dany had gone to Eastwatch.... Gendry takes half a day to run to Dany, she takes 20 mins to fly to their rescue.... now no one is asking any questions about the timeline.

I could come up with other methods of fixing/writing this so it makes sense, so again... if I can come up with ways to make it so the viewer is not scratching their head, why didn't they?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't appear Sansa is in on it but I never got the feeling there was that much hate and distrust between them.

We'll see Sansa pass his sentence and Arya carry out the execution. I think what would have been better though is if Sansa went by her father's words, "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword". Ehhh, guess she's still too much of a priss.

I don't think it is hate that she has. I think that Arya just doesn't trust her sister to do the right thing. Sansa just is a prissy sort while Arya is the proverbial tom boy.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
screen-shot-2017-08-19-at-8-08-06-pm-e1503192378252.jpg

Whinging...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hilarious. You have a tough time writing on a silly message board. What a big time fantastic opinion of yourself:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've just come to the conclusion it's rushed/lazy writing and pushing the show forward despite the wants of the viewers. Is what it is. I thoroughly enjoyed the episode and really didn't care about the plot holes people seem to be harping on.

I don't really draw a line between magic and physics as to what makes me wonder.

To each their own I assume. I wish there were more episodes and things would be way more detailed, but I am happy with what I get at this point.

Very true. YOu just have to accept the fantasy of stuff like this. It is akin to praying for Tinkerbelle to live in the Peter Pan movie.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, they are gaping holes if they are so obvious people feel the need to discuss them, especially the whole time period of them being under siege.

The ice needed to freeze for them to cross and attack.... this part severely limits how long it could have taken for Gendry to get to Eastwatch, raven to get to Dany, and Dany to get to Jon....

Gendry running to the wall has to take at least half a day... a raven is going to take a couple days minimum to get to Dany.... Dany is going to take a day or so at least to get to Jon.... Even if you assume bare minimums of travel/notification/response.... the group on the ice was out there for like 3 days minimum.... and the ice didn't freeze I guess....

Now all of this bullshit could have been avoided by just contriving some reason Dany had gone to Eastwatch.... Gendry takes half a day to run to Dany, she takes 20 mins to fly to their rescue.... now no one is asking any questions about the timeline.

I could come up with other methods of fixing/writing this so it makes sense, so again... if I can come up with ways to make it so the viewer is not scratching their head, why didn't they?

Ah......Ares is offering himself to be chief story writer for GoT. Wonder who his agent will be?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ah......Ares is offering himself to be chief story writer for GoT. Wonder who his agent will be?

Will you go back to the Sox board plz?

U crusty old fucktard

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would think it would take at least a couple of days for the ice to get thick enough to support all that dead weight.

The only thing the writers are guilty of is trying to add too much drama and suspense everywhere now that the series is winding down. Yeah, you could have had Daeneyrs take off earlier, before even getting the message, saying she has a bad feeling or something like that but the writers went the direction they did and have said all season they're not too concerned about people looking at these timing plot holes cause you can't really measure how much time has passed. Not only do t I think it's not hurting the show but might even be helping cause, you know what they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. People just keep talking about it.

I do understand how people feel it's being rushed and could be spread out more but apparently all this CGI stuff is more expensive than I would have imagined and the writers are really trying to keep it action packed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would think it would take at least a couple of days for the ice to get thick enough to support all that dead weight.

The only thing the writers are guilty of is trying to add too much drama and suspense everywhere now that the series is winding down. Yeah, you could have had Daeneyrs take off earlier, before even getting the message, saying she has a bad feeling or something like that but the writers went the direction they did and have said all season they're not too concerned about people looking at these timing plot holes cause you can't really measure how much time has passed. Not only do t I think it's not hurting the show but might even be helping cause, you know what they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity. People just keep talking about it.

I do understand how people feel it's being rushed and could be spread out more but apparently all this CGI stuff is more expensive than I would have imagined and the writers are really trying to keep it action packed.

Ice does not take that long to freeze over.... watch Ice Road truckers.... it gets below -6 and they can drive a truck on it after like 12 hours.

This leads to another wtf.... why did the NK care? why not send them all.... they can't drown.... they can swim....

Lol the whole thing is full of holes.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

[video=youtube_share;yx9dRL1BCCQ]https://youtu.be/yx9dRL1BCCQ[/video]

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ice does not take that long to freeze over.... watch Ice Road truckers.... it gets below -6 and they can drive a truck on it after like 12 hours.

This leads to another wtf.... why did the NK care? why not send them all.... they can't drown.... they can swim....

We don't know the current temp so don't know how long it would take.

They can't swim. I was joking about that. They would just sink although some did manage to get back to the surface and grab at Tormund. I just don't have a problem with these time plot holes people are making such a big deal about. It's nothing and unimportant. Just imagine enough time has passed which it likely did cause there's no way of knowing how much time has passed.

I would take a little issue with other stuff people don't normally mention. Like why did Thoros freeze to death when both he and Beric had the ability to set their swords on fire? When Clegane throws a rock and it stays on the ice, why do the dead automatically think the ice is thick enough to support hundreds of them since it supported a rock? Are they dumb? And, yes, I really want to know why Tyrion hasn't been fired. He hasn't gotten 1 thing right this whole season.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:

To address this...

Did anyone notice how the white walkers had 3 of those ice spears like the one used to kill the dragon? Maybe they were waiting for the cavalry to arrive (Dany and dragons) to rescue Jon & Friends so they could end their biggest threat quickly (one spear for each dragon). If they go ahead and kill Jon and friends, then move on, maybe they don't get the shot at the dragons they ended up with. Just a thought...

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To address this...

Did anyone notice how the white walkers had 3 of those ice spears like the one used to kill the dragon? Maybe they were waiting for the cavalry to arrive (Dany and dragons) to rescue Jon & Friends so they could end their biggest threat quickly (one spear for each dragon). If they go ahead and kill Jon and friends, then move on, maybe they don't get the shot at the dragons they ended up with. Just a thought...

This would make total sense if the NK had any way of knowing about Jon/Dany and that Dany would come with the dragons to save them...

Or if the show in some way hinted that this was the reason the NK waited.... or if the wights had perhaps waited until the dragons showed up to make their attack... how did they know the the dragons would show before they overwhelmed Jon?

From a plot standpoint I get where you're coming from, but they didn't put any elements in place to make this make sense.

This would be a perfectly reasonable method of making this make sense, all you would need to do is somehow clue the viewer in on the fact the NK knows about Dany/Jon (perhaps a vision?) and the dragons.... this could have been written slightly different to play into the concept as you say and it would make sense.