Game of Thrones Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that with Little Finger that the chickens just came to roost. LIttle FInger had no allies and pretty much all of the Starks hated him. And he was trying to out spy the master spy, Arya. Looking back on it, I think that this was just an acting job by Sansa and Arya while LF or one of his own spies were watching. Remember that play around the time where Arya was stabbed and her conversation with the actress who befriended her? THe actress told Arya back then even that she should be an actress right?

As for the "trial", it really wasn't a trial. It was an execution done by the person in charge, namely Sansa through Arya. LF had no allies whatsoever at his end and became a floundering blob of cowering jello.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So now Jamie knows what Cersei's and Euron's plan is for raising another army, one we haven't seen yet so he will be a key to deal with that army next season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Haha. I was going to say the same when Ares first mentioned what an Ogre he looked like. I was expecting someone more mighty and regal looking myself. He was the crown prince after all.

Look lie the same actor who played Dany's brother.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Look lie the same actor who played Dany's brother.
It was posted on a reddit site that they had been casting for a young woman and a young man. Looks like it was for what everyone assumed it to be. Not the same person though. Of course he would look like his family... they're mostly interbred.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So now Jamie knows what Cersei's and Euron's plan is for raising another army, one we haven't seen yet so he will be a key to deal with that army next season.

Yeah the the part that's going to be trippy is when the golden company bends over cersei and fights for danerys thanks to Dario

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But I have always gotten the impression the past was all just a library he could access, and not that he possessed all that knowledge in his own brain. That is kinda the way the Weirwood net works, isn't it?

But Bran himself says outright he can see all past, present, and future.

I agree it would make sense if he has access but needs to uncover the vision in the "archives".... but IMO the writers haven't made that explicit.

He knows things in the show that they don't show him have visions for, so we are left to assume he had a vision of it.

All they need to do in a scene is have someone question how it works and he explains in like 20 seconds "I have access to everything, but in order to recall it I need to find and experience the vision of the event"

Bang, right there the precedent is set in stone and anything he says without a vision scene you can assume he saw a vision of it.

Maybe others feel they have already established this, I would say they want me to assume it, and 20 seconds in a scene would keep me from needing to assume, so fuk them.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Did he say he can see future? If so I totally missed that

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Did he say he can see future? If so I totally missed that
He did which confused me. He never has visions of the future that I have seen or he has stated facts from. Only the past. Maybe he has not developed this skill yet? I don't know... seems off to me.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah it doesn't make sense or else he would know don't send a dragon over the wall or else nk will get one. Or don't trust cersei she is aboit to bone everyone etc. it just doesn't make sense. Bran should warg into cersei and send the troops to help lol stuff like that

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Maybe, maybe not. We also have Theon and a small crew going to rescue Yara, who presumably is on the boat with Euron, which is heading to Essos to pick up the golden Company. Maybe Theon thwarts the golden company ever even making it to Westeros.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But Bran himself says outright he can see all past, present, and future.

I agree it would make sense if he has access but needs to uncover the vision in the "archives".... but IMO the writers haven't made that explicit.

He knows things in the show that they don't show him have visions for, so we are left to assume he had a vision of it.

All they need to do in a scene is have someone question how it works and he explains in like 20 seconds "I have access to everything, but in order to recall it I need to find and experience the vision of the event"

Bang, right there the precedent is set in stone and anything he says without a vision scene you can assume he saw a vision of it.

Maybe others feel they have already established this, I would say they want me to assume it, and 20 seconds in a scene would keep me from needing to assume, so fuk them.

Well, didn't they just establish that in the very scene your bitching about :)

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He did which confused me. He never has visions of the future that I have seen or he has stated facts from. Only the past. Maybe he has not developed this skill yet? I don't know... seems off to me.

I'm pretty sure you wrong on this, do you have a scene that you can specifically show where he said this, because if true I missed it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, didn't they just establish that in the very scene your bitching about :)

^^^^

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At the very least, it made all the crazy shit between Sansa and Arya make sense as they were just running a con of their own to take down LF and were united all along. Not really sure why you're concerned there was evidence lacking? When was a preponderance of evidence required in GOT? Doesn't matter who should believe in Bran or not cause LF was basically reduced to begging Sansa for mercy..

The con was unnecessary and stupid though. What evidence did they gather during the con? The answer is none. So what was the point of it beyond the writers creating unexplainable drama. If you ignore the whole con, you could have written the exact same scene accusing LF and nothing changes. So it's a completely pointless plot element that serves no purpose in the story. It would make sense if the con led to LF incriminating himself but the fact is Bran was the reason for his crimes coming to light rendering the whole Arya and Sansa thing as completely and utterly useless.

I did make mention of how the dragons should have already been used to take out Euron's fleet.

I think what they're doing here is setting up Theon's redemption by having him go find Yara and then ultimately catching up and killing Euron some how.

Well I think Theon will go and rescue Yara because Euron will be gone. So his tiny band of men that should have no chance of freeing here will be met with little resistance because he will find them gone. Perhaps he even alerts Dany before Jamie can because Yara will tell him that Euron has sailed to Essos. In any event though, it's yet another contrived plot point because by all rights, the first move from Dany should have been to burn Euron's ships to the ground. The dude clearly intimates he will just wait for the NK to kill everyone so no truce has been made with him. So there is no honor holding them back from wiping out Euron and his fleet except plot induced stupidity.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like how the wight sprints at Cersei from like 20 yards away and no one moves to intercede, including the Mountain...

I mean I get the dramatic point Jon intended to make, but why in the fuk wouldn't the Mountain have jumped in between and cut it in half?

Hell that would have made sense and proven the same point Jon was making... look ur giant bodyguard cut it in half and it still keeps coming.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The way the Baleish trial felt to me, evidence had already been given to those in the room. None of what Sansa had to say seemed to have come as a surprise... No "gasps" no shouts of "prove it"... Nothing but silence. And when Baleish asked for assistance and sanctuary he was immediately denied, no question. Looked to me as if the only one surprised was Baleish.

Funniest scene to me was the Bran/Sam encounter. Some funny dialog there.

What evidence? There is no evidence to provide except from a lying Sansa and Bran's visions. What hard evidence could possibly have been revealed off screen and why would anyone expect such evidence to be provided off screen? It's just shitty writing bro. No need to pretend some evidence exists. If they had actual evidence then they wouldn't have need Bran to reveal shit that only he would be able to reveal. There is no proof he told Lyssa and the only evidence he killed Lyssa comes from Sansa who officially claimed she committed suicide.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes, he did. It was only one line in a scene. May have been 2-3 episodes ago.

I just rewatched him explaining 3-eyed raven to Sansa... he only says he can "see everything"..."everything that has ever happened and everything that is happening now"

So I think nc0gnet0 may be correct, Bran can see past/present, but not future.

This scene was episode 3 around 45 mins 30 seconds in.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What evidence? There is no evidence to provide except from a lying Sansa and Bran's visions. What hard evidence could possibly have been revealed off screen and why would anyone expect such evidence to be provided off screen? It's just shitty writing bro. No need to pretend some evidence exists. If they had actual evidence then they wouldn't have need Bran to reveal shit that only he would be able to reveal. There is no proof he told Lyssa and the only evidence he killed Lyssa comes from Sansa who officially claimed she committed suicide.

They didn't have nor need hard evidence remy.... it was a faux trial, just an execution.

The room was filled with guards who are loyal to Sansa... the only other Lord there was Yohn Royce from the Vale who never really trusted Little Finger.... presumably they convinced him well enough to allow it and keep the Vale supporting The North.

Little Finger allowed himself to walk into a room filled with guards loyal to Sansa because she let him believe she needed all those guards to handle Arya for her.

I agree they presented very little case... but they didn't need to, it wasn't a real trial in front of any questioning Lords or Ladies.