Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any idea why Bronn was in King's Landing, but never bothered to even mention his Sand Snake lover?
I'm guessing he hasn't given her a 2nd thought.

I coulda used a couple scenes with Bran giving Sansa/Arya info and proving his 3-eyed raven powers.

Also, side note... I hope Bran trolled Sansa off screen.... just constantly sneaking up all "I am the 3-eyed Raven"

They should do GoT blooper reels...

"I am the 3-eyed raven"

"I know Bran, you've said that, now eat your peas"

"3-eyed ravens can't eat peas"

"Why not?"

"Too many eyes"

"That doesn't make any sense Bran"

"Bran isn't here right now, can the 3-eyed raven take a message?"

"Yes, tell Bran to eat his peas"

"The 3-eyed raven refuses"

"Bran.... I mean 3-eyed raven, just eat your fucking peas"

"Fine... but the 3-eyed raven will continue to awkwardly bring up your rape"

"I thought you were the 3-eyed raven"

"I am"
You can't make it too obvious to the viewers or the con is not as impressive in the end. Could have thrown some of that trolling in though. Bran definitely deserved it.

Game of Thrones will definitely have a sequel... guaranteed.
Would much prefer a sequel to a prequel but have only heard prequel.

This is a lot more interesting discussion IMO. Actually, it was Sansa that warned Bran about LF. His response to Sansa was "It doesn't matter, I don't want it". Not, "Yes, I already know". Bran not knowing everything about the past, but having access to it, was clearly laid out for us in the Samwell/Bran scene. It's not a stretch to think Bran replayed Ned's betrayal, in which LF was a minor player, and not do a complete history search on him. After-all, you would think Jon's heritage would have been of at least equal importance. As to why he didn't, I can only say I think he is working on more pressing matters atm, the NK.

Again, if it was a long con, why did we have the scenes in which arya confronted Sansa about Rob's letter?
Why the scene where Sansa is secretly searching Arya's room and stumbles across the faces?

None of that makes sense unless you think Sansa and Arya staged those meetings under the assumption that LF was watching. I really think that is a stretch.
To perform the bait and switch as they did, Sansa and Arya would have had to have been on the same page for longer than you suggest. Arya knew LF was leading her to the letter so took it cause he expected her to and wanted him to believe his plan was working. If Sansa wants LF to think she's suspicious of her sister, she'd do things like go through her room and what not. When they first speak of the letter, I can certainly imagine LF, in hiding, listening in.

Do you remember when Sansa and Arya were speaking together after LF was killed? First thing said in that conversation was when Arya asks Sansa, "are you alright?" Not the thing to ask if she was really worried Sansa had been ready to pass sentence on her rather than LF. More like it was a long ordeal that is finally over. They then talk together as sisters do, still the hint of that little sibling rivalry but still supporting each other cause the pack survives.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm trying to think of the last time a show, based off a novel series, had a sequel.... im sure it happens all the time.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm trying to think of the last time a show, based off a novel series, had a sequel.... im sure it happens all the time.
Certainly does but I've only hear GOT will get a prequel. If you have the power to change that to a sequel, please do. I'd prefer it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just think of all the shit you imagine needs to be finished up and/or resolved in this show.... and now remember they are going to do it in 6 episodes lol
Fight army of the dead for 5 episodes. Realize in week 6 all you have to do is kill Bran to kill the NK and his entire army. Jaime steps up to the plate and says, "I knew I should have finished you off before, kid" then plunges his sword through his heart.
Sansa: "You are charged with killing our brother. Do you deny it"
Jaime: "I saved the World!!!!!"
Sansa: "Arya!!!!... Dagger!!!!!!!!!"

Arya cuts Jaime Lannister's throat.... Roll Credits

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Certainly does but I've only hear GOT will get a prequel. If you have the power to change that to a sequel, please do. I'd prefer it.

Well I presume Game of Thrones will end in a very open-ended way, so they could just make season 9 and continue forward..... not like season 8 is really the end of Game of Thrones, right?

I suppose season 9 would be like a sequel to Game of Thrones season 8.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fight army of the dead for 5 episodes. Realize in week 6 all you have to do is kill Bran to kill the NK and his entire army. Jaime steps up to the plate and says, "I knew I should have finished you off before, kid" then plunges his sword through his heart.
Sansa: "You are charged with killing our brother. Do you deny it"
Jaime: "I saved the World!!!!!"
Sansa: "Arya!!!!... Dagger!!!!!!!!!"

Arya cuts Jaime Lannister's throat.... Roll Credits

There needs to be people traveling like 5,000 miles per episode in there somewhere dummy

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Just think of all the shit you imagine needs to be finished up and/or resolved in this show.... and now remember they are going to do it in 6 episodes lol

Part of the cause of the bad writing. They aren't able to flesh out details. Should've made this season 10 episodes and see where you were at. Probably could've still had 6+ episodes for next year.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Part of the cause of the bad writing. They aren't able to flesh out details. Should've made this season 10 episodes and see where you were at. Probably could've still had 6+ episodes for next year.
That's where the books would have a distinct advantage, no budget to deal with.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I don't think they were confident they could write enough non-Special person material to make 10 episodes.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's where the books would have a distinct advantage, no budget to deal with.

Also you can go into as much detail as you like.... lol RR Martin does.... he hands editors thousands of pages of manuscript and dey like "Ok let's get this under 1000"

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I don't think they were confident they could write enough non-Special person material to make 10 episodes.
Yeah, I thought that as well.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much stuff does need to be resolved in the show? Got the war against the undead and that's all that matters. Aegon Targaryen said so.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How much stuff does need to be resolved in the show? Got the war against the undead and that's all that matters. Aegon Targaryen said so.

Well, it depends on how you look at it.... if you encompass all characters who remain alive and any issues or grievances or w/e

1. NK and army of undead battle/war
2. Iron Throne battle/war
3. Jon/Dany situation
4. Arya and her fucking list
5. Bran has to die I assume
6. Bran and Meera?
7. Arya and Gendry?
8. Sansa and Podrick?
9. Jamie has to kill Cersei?
10. Tyrion and Cersei have to end, one or both
11. Varys and Melisandre "have to die in this land"
12. Daario Naharis and Dany? Maybe he comes over with Golden Company or to fight them with Second Sons?
13. Arya and Jaqen/Faceless Men?
14. Arya and Nymeria?
15. Does Ghost show up again?
16. Wtf happens with Edmure Tully and the Riverlands.... people know Riverlands still exist, right?
17. Robin Arryn and Sansa? I feel like he needs to show up somewhere.
18. Dorne has to actually do something meaningful in the series.
19. Samwell and Gilly vs Night's Watch
20. Cersei's baby?
21. Tormund and Brienne?
22. Jamie and Brienne?
23. The Hound vs The Mountain?
24. Theon vs Euron?
25. Yara vs Euron?

I could probably keep going, but I will stop.

I mean there are tons of issues/relationships they probably should give some form of completion to.... or maybe leave that for the sequel.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is nothing in the story that says Bran didn't know the truth about LF.

this is the crux of your whole argument, so I will address this, the rest is rubbish based on based on an incorrect assumption on your part. There is nothing in the story that says Brans knows the whole truth about LF, as a matter of fact, evidence is clearly laid out that he doesn't, not yet.

1) foreshadowing when we are shown Bran didn't know the whole truth about Jon's heritage. Bran thought Jon was still a bastard, he was wrong.
2) When warned by Sansa that LF is dangerous, he does not say "I know" rather, he says it doesn't matter.

[video=youtube_share;rgexL3zA9jA]https://youtu.be/rgexL3zA9jA[/video]

I can show proof of Bran not being the all knowing individual that you claim he is,, you can provide no proof. By the way, your video shows nothing incriminating against LF, except he is in the game for himself, something that Sansa already tells Bran, which is consistent with what I have been saying all along.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Would be cool if they were all 2 hours long.

You mean like most of the posts in this thread. I think these guys are getting paid by the word, and making bank.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah steel yourself comrades as there will be a lot of unresolved or poorly resolved plots given all the shit still open.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing he hasn't given her a 2nd thought.

You can't make it too obvious to the viewers or the con is not as impressive in the end. Could have thrown some of that trolling in though. Bran definitely deserved it.

Would much prefer a sequel to a prequel but have only heard prequel.

To perform the bait and switch as they did, Sansa and Arya would have had to have been on the same page for longer than you suggest. Arya knew LF was leading her to the letter so took it cause he expected her to and wanted him to believe his plan was working. If Sansa wants LF to think she's suspicious of her sister, she'd do things like go through her room and what not. When they first speak of the letter, I can certainly imagine LF, in hiding, listening in.

Do you remember when Sansa and Arya were speaking together after LF was killed? First thing said in that conversation was when Arya asks Sansa, "are you alright?" Not the thing to ask if she was really worried Sansa had been ready to pass sentence on her rather than LF. More like it was a long ordeal that is finally over. They then talk together as sisters do, still the hint of that little sibling rivalry but still supporting each other cause the pack survives.

So your suggesting that the arya/sansa scenes were all based on the fact they thought LF was listening? I find that highly unlikely, especially the part about the faces, Sansa was genuinely shocked, to the point she asked LF what he knew about the faceless men. Your depiction of events makes no sense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
this is the crux of your whole argument, so I will address this, the rest is rubbish based on based on an incorrect assumption on your part. There is nothing in the story that says Brans knows the whole truth about LF, as a matter of fact, evidence is clearly laid out that he doesn't, not yet.

1) foreshadowing when we are shown Bran didn't know the whole truth about Jon's heritage. Bran thought Jon was still a bastard, he was wrong.
2) When warned by Sansa that LF is dangerous, he does not say "I know" rather, he says it doesn't matter.

[video=youtube_share;rgexL3zA9jA]https://youtu.be/rgexL3zA9jA[/video]

I can show proof of Bran not being the all knowing individual that you claim he is,, you can provide no proof. By the way, your video shows nothing incriminating against LF, except he is in the game for himself, something that Sansa already tells Bran, which is consistent with what I have been saying all along.

No you seem confused. The above is one element. The other that you keep ignoring is LF ignoring the Chaos is a ladder comment. What coincidence as you claimed could explain this?

As for the above, just because he didn't know Snow was not a bastard doesn't mean he doesn't know LF is a snake. Until the Sam and Bran convo happened we all would have said Bran knew Snow was not a bastard because there would be no reason not to.

Until there is a scene in the show that says Bran didn't know LF was a snake until later then there is no reason for me to believe he did not simply because of the Sam and Bran convo. You cant just randomly apply that convo to anything you want as there is nothing in the story that suggests he was confused about anything else.

So I don't think Bran is all knowing. I simply have nothing in the show that says he specifically did not know about LF crimes. Instead what I have is him specifically letting LF know he knew things he shouldn't know and LF magically concluding it was just coincidence. It's absurd logic.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Bran isn't all knowing but he has access to be all knowing. But it takes time to go back and experience what happened to gain the info so he can only know what he goes back to.

At least that's how I see it. So in essence it would take the same amount of time that has passed to account for every thing that has happened to be all knowing. What he can do is track specific things he wants to know like what he did to confirm what sam told him about Jon real parents

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, it depends on how you look at it.... if you encompass all characters who remain alive and any issues or grievances or w/e

1. NK and army of undead battle/war
2. Iron Throne battle/war
3. Jon/Dany situation
4. Arya and her fucking list
5. Bran has to die I assume
6. Bran and Meera?
7. Arya and Gendry?
8. Sansa and Podrick?
9. Jamie has to kill Cersei?
10. Tyrion and Cersei have to end, one or both
11. Varys and Melisandre "have to die in this land"
12. Daario Naharis and Dany? Maybe he comes over with Golden Company or to fight them with Second Sons?
13. Arya and Jaqen/Faceless Men?
14. Arya and Nymeria?
15. Does Ghost show up again?
16. Wtf happens with Edmure Tully and the Riverlands.... people know Riverlands still exist, right?
17. Robin Arryn and Sansa? I feel like he needs to show up somewhere.
18. Dorne has to actually do something meaningful in the series.
19. Samwell and Gilly vs Night's Watch
20. Cersei's baby?
21. Tormund and Brienne?
22. Jamie and Brienne?
23. The Hound vs The Mountain?
24. Theon vs Euron?
25. Yara vs Euron?

I could probably keep going, but I will stop.

I mean there are tons of issues/relationships they probably should give some form of completion to.... or maybe leave that for the sequel.

Did not anyone else get the impression from the House of the Undying that there would be no Iron Throne after the Great War?
Jon and Dany have a baby. Can tell you that now. Has it occurred to you jerks that a witch might not have been a reliable source of information?
Bran dying is the end to everything. It's all about Bran. Meera, on the other hand, not important.
Arya and Hound go on another trek. She will kill Cersie. He will kill Mountain
Theon defeats Euron in a WWE no holds barred match. They keep kicking each other in the balls and it only hurts Euron.
Gendry marries Sansa
Podrick sucks magic cocks
Brienne gets naked and both Jamie and Tormund are blinded
Sam and Gilly give Little Sam over to NK and make a baby of their own
Ghost does appear and then the ghost of Ghost appears
Jaqen returns and tells Arya, "I am your father"