Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;g-SZj7siVno]https://youtu.be/g-SZj7siVno[/video]

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because when someone mutters a phrase you yourself had said in the past, you immediately draw the conclusion that person can access everything that ever happened in the past, right? Talk about absurd logic.

And it doesn't mean he does either, but what it clearly does show is that Bran does not know everything, and he has to search for specifics. Your assuming that Bran has done just that with LF, and yet have no proof he had.

Until there is a scene in the show that says Bran did know LF complicity in all that he stood accused of, then there is no reason for me to believe he did simply because you can't wrap your head around it. You cant just randomly ignore the convo with Sam, and call it an exception,just because you want too.

There is nothing in the show that says he does know of LF's crimes either, nothing but the scene with Vary's in which none of the crimes he stands accused of are ever brought up. Yet we do have a scene with equal importance (Jon's status as not a bastard) in which Bran did not know. game set match.

If the phrase is a common saying then no. If the phrase is not a common saying then I would immediately want to know why he said it or if he somehow knows about my private conversation because in this world, the price of not finding out the truth is likely death. Are you confused by this fact. This isn't 2017? This is a world where you fuck up and you die.

No I have proof he searched for specifics because he was very specific in what he said about LF's crime. I have no direct proof of when he searched but I do know he was digging into LF's past prior to the meeting in the garden because he tells him Chaos is a Ladder. So the most logical conclusion is that he dug into LF prior to the meeting in the garden not after. So you have no proof of it being after since there is no seen afterwards of him reciting LF lines.

So you seem confused. There is something in the show that clearly proves Bran was digging around regarding LF because of the Chaos thing. So why would I assume he stopped digging around and then picked it up again at some unexplained time in the future. So sorry, you argument is much more illogical. It requires us to believe he dug around initially but then stopped for some unknown reason then picked it up again off screen at some future date.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because when someone mutters a phrase you yourself had said in the past, you immediately draw the conclusion that person can access everything that ever happened in the past, right? Talk about absurd logic.

And it doesn't mean he does either, but what it clearly does show is that Bran does not know everything, and he has to search for specifics. Your assuming that Bran has done just that with LF, and yet have no proof he had.

Until there is a scene in the show that says Bran did know LF complicity in all that he stood accused of, then there is no reason for me to believe he did simply because you can't wrap your head around it. You cant just randomly ignore the convo with Sam, and call it an exception,just because you want too.

There is nothing in the show that says he does know of LF's crimes either, nothing but the scene with Vary's in which none of the crimes he stands accused of are ever brought up. Yet we do have a scene with equal importance (Jon's status as not a bastard) in which Bran did not know. game set match.

Actually he did know that LF put that knife under Ned Starks neck. That was the most important part of the entire "trial" of LF. Clearly Bran knew a whole lot about LF's history.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So your suggesting that the arya/sansa scenes were all based on the fact they thought LF was listening? I find that highly unlikely, especially the part about the faces, Sansa was genuinely shocked, to the point she asked LF what he knew about the faceless men. Your depiction of events makes no sense.

I find is extremely likely given that Arya is the best spy and assassin in the entire story. She was trained to be faceless. she was trained in how to deceive. She was trained to be an assassin. LF was set up by Arya all along. She set up the person who tried to kill her. Arya talked to her sister about what they needed to do and Sansa agreed. THAT is what happened. Deal with it:)

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this is the crux of your whole argument, so I will address this, the rest is rubbish based on based on an incorrect assumption on your part. There is nothing in the story that says Brans knows the whole truth about LF, as a matter of fact, evidence is clearly laid out that he doesn't, not yet.

1) foreshadowing when we are shown Bran didn't know the whole truth about Jon's heritage. Bran thought Jon was still a bastard, he was wrong.
2) When warned by Sansa that LF is dangerous, he does not say "I know" rather, he says it doesn't matter.

[video=youtube_share;rgexL3zA9jA]https://youtu.be/rgexL3zA9jA[/video]

I can show proof of Bran not being the all knowing individual that you claim he is,, you can provide no proof. By the way, your video shows nothing incriminating against LF, except he is in the game for himself, something that Sansa already tells Bran, which is consistent with what I have been saying all along.

Bullshit. Bran knew all along about Little Finger. It was an easy assessment for him. Bran doesn't know all of the minutia about the past but he does know a lot about his family and its history. And Bran coupled with Sam who will provide the answer on how to kill the Night King and company.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
aeeQ2Yq_700b.jpg

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the phrase is a common saying then no. If the phrase is not a common saying then I would immediately want to know why he said it or if he somehow knows about my private conversation because in this world, the price of not finding out the truth is likely death. Are you confused by this fact. This isn't 2017? This is a world where you fuck up and you die.

No I have proof he searched for specifics because he was very specific in what he said about LF's crime. I have no direct proof of when he searched but I do know he was digging into LF's past prior to the meeting in the garden because he tells him Chaos is a Ladder. So the most logical conclusion is that he dug into LF prior to the meeting in the garden not after. So you have no proof of it being after since there is no seen afterwards of him reciting LF lines.

So you seem confused. There is something in the show that clearly proves Bran was digging around regarding LF because of the Chaos thing. So why would I assume he stopped digging around and then picked it up again at some unexplained time in the future. So sorry, you argument is much more illogical. It requires us to believe he dug around initially but then stopped for some unknown reason then picked it up again off screen at some future date.

Again, if Bran knew all about LF past, then they would have killed him immediately after Brans arrival, to keep him around is illogical, so, you seem confused. By your own admission, they offered no proof at the trial, only Brans word, so what was the point of the con? If little finger picked up on Bran when he said chaos is a ladder, why was he surprised when Bran quoted him again at the trial? Again, what your saying makes no sense, must be even more confused.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bullshit. Bran knew all along about Little Finger. It was an easy assessment for him. Bran doesn't know all of the minutia about the past but he does know a lot about his family and its history. And Bran coupled with Sam who will provide the answer on how to kill the Night King and company.

LF was set up by Arya all along. She set up the person who tried to kill her. Arya talked to her sister about what they needed to do and Sansa agreed. THAT is what happened. Deal with it

Try to keep up. If bran knew all along about LF, there is no reason for Arya to set him up.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/game-of-thrones-arya-sansa-plot-littlefinger-bran-2129881There’s a lot of opposition to this storyline – but there is some sense in it. Let’s go through the scenes one by one to try and sort it out:

Arya returns home (Episode 4)

What it tells us: The ‘hard feelings’ Arya and Sansa display towards one another in episodes 5 and 6 can only be a ruse.

When Arya returns to Winterfell in episode 4 – before she even realises that Littlefinger is there too – she heads down to the crypts to find the tomb of her father, Ned. Sansa comes to find her there, and they’re completely alone. Arya tells Sansa that being lady of Winterfell “suits you”. When Arya asks if Sansa killed Joffrey says she “wishes” she had, proving to Arya straight away that she hated her former fiancé. There is a lot of affection in this interaction, and no mistrust: unlike the staged argument they have a couple of episodes later, there’s no beef here about how Sansa “did nothing” when Ned was executed, and in this scene they’re literally standing in front of a statue of their dead father

Arya berates Sansa (Episode 5)

What it tells us: Arya is faking it – she told Sansa in episode 4 that being Lady of Winterfell “suits” her.

Arya comes to Sansa’s room and loudly tells Sansa off for moving herself into their parents’ room, for having ‘nice things’ and for aspiring to hold the power that Jon has. In hindsight, we can view this as the point where Arya and Sansa begin acting out a disagreement to see what Littlefinger does – because they know he’s spying on them. By faking it, they’re able to make him play his hand and cause him to incriminate himself irreversibly

Arya steals from Littlefinger (Episode 5)

What it tells us: Arya lets Littlefinger see her steal the note because she wants him to think she is planning to take down Sansa.

It’s only after Arya and Sansa’s first staged argument that Littlefinger asks Winterfell’s Maester to find the incriminating message Sansa sent to Robb, where she asked him to bend the knee to her evil fiancé Joffrey Baratheon, after her father was accused of treason and awaiting execution by the Lannisters. By taking the ‘bait’ of this message, Arya is tricking Littlefinger into thinking she wants leverage with which to take down Sansa

Arya and Sansa argue again (Episode 6)

What it tells us: The staged fight continues.

Out on the balcony of Winterfell’s courtyard, Arya and Sansa have another, even more public staged argument, where Arya reads out the note Littlefinger wanted Arya to find.

Littlefinger tries to pit Sansa against Arya with Brienne (Episode 6)

What it tells us: Littlefinger is beginning to show his hand: he wants Arya dead, because she poses a danger to his ‘control’ over Sansa.

At this news, Littlefinger makes his first real error: he suggests Sansa use Brienne as a bodyguard in case Arya tries anything. It becomes clear he wants Arya dead, because she is only a threat to him. Either Arya will kill him, or she will kill Sansa – thereby removing what he sees as his ‘control’ over the north.

In order to destabilise Littlefinger further, Sansa ignores his advice, sending Brienne away to King’s Landing. Littlefinger is later forced to suggest more explicitly that Sansa get rid of Arya, which proves to Sansa that he’s no use to her any more

Arya proves her loyalty by giving Sansa her dagger (Episode 6)

What it tells us: The sisters are plotting together – what they’re saying aloud doesn’t mean anything.

It seems that what the showrunners were really trying to show us here is that Arya and Sansa have been in cahoots the whole time. Their conversations sound terrible to the casual listener – like a spy at the door, for instance – but really they’re just acting

Littlefinger again hints at getting rid of Arya (Episode 7)

What it tells us: Littlefinger is sure Sansa wants to kill Arya.

Littlefinger says to Sansa: “After [Arya] murders you, what does she become? Lady of Winterfell.” Like us, Sansa knows Arya has never wanted to be a lady, but Littlefinger thinks this is the way to coax Sansa into killing Arya.

It’s at this point that Littlefinger has used up all his chances: Sansa knows he is only trying to sow more chaos, and will only ever continue to do so. This is when she decides he is no longer an asset, and gets rid of him with the piles of evidence she, Bran and Arya have on him

The big twist (Episode 7)

What it tells us: Sansa and Arya were working together the entire time – with Bran’s help.

This is where the decision only to show us scenes of disagreement between Sansa and Arya comes to fruition. Surprise! Littlefinger’s been busted – he’s done himself out of a job by trying to pit the Starks against each other. Not only have Arya and Sansa been working to take him down, but they’ve also had Bran to help. Littlefinger’s tricks don’t work on the Starks, and he’s reduced to begging for mercy. He gets none.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Again, if Bran knew all about LF past, then they would have killed him immediately after Brans arrival, to keep him around is illogical, so, you seem confused. By your own admission, they offered no proof at the trial, only Brans word, so what was the point of the con? If little finger picked up on Bran when he said chaos is a ladder, why was he surprised when Bran quoted him again at the trial? Again, what your saying makes no sense, must be even more confused.

Jesus you don't get it. I already said they kept him around and they did the con not because it made sense in the story but because it created drama and suspense for the audience. You seem confused by the fact the writers aren't always logical. In this case they sacrificed logic for drama.

It's clear they had Bran say the chaos thing for the audience because it is completely illogical for LF to simply ignore that line. So the line wasn't meant for LF. It was meant for the audience. We know this is true because there is no way LF or any rational human being in a story that has magic and dragons and shit would simply ignore what Bran said given the grave threat Bran poses if he in fact does know private conversations. So they had LF completely ignore the threat that one line posed to his life because they wanted to string out the drama. They then had the con play out because they wanted the audience to be concerned for Arya and Sansa.

None of this makes sense in story. It's contrived for dramatic purposes. That's the entire point. So your response to me that it wouldn't make sense is odd. Yes it doesn't because that's been my argument all along, lol. You seem to be assuming that what the writers write has to make sense which is incorrect. You and I both know they have sacrificed logic for drama before.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/game-of-thrones-arya-sansa-plot-littlefinger-bran-2129881There’s a lot of opposition to this storyline – but there is some sense in it. Let’s go through the scenes one by one to try and sort it out:

What it tells us: The ‘hard feelings’ Arya and Sansa display towards one another in episodes 5 and 6 can only be a ruse.

When Arya returns to Winterfell in episode 4 – before she even realises that Littlefinger is there too – she heads down to the crypts to find the tomb of her father, Ned. Sansa comes to find her there, and they’re completely alone. Arya tells Sansa that being lady of Winterfell “suits you”. When Arya asks if Sansa killed Joffrey says she “wishes” she had, proving to Arya straight away that she hated her former fiancé. There is a lot of affection in this interaction, and no mistrust: unlike the staged argument they have a couple of episodes later, there’s no beef here about how Sansa “did nothing” when Ned was executed, and in this scene they’re literally standing in front of a statue of their dead father

What it tells us: Arya is faking it – she told Sansa in episode 4 that being Lady of Winterfell “suits” her.

Arya comes to Sansa’s room and loudly tells Sansa off for moving herself into their parents’ room, for having ‘nice things’ and for aspiring to hold the power that Jon has. In hindsight, we can view this as the point where Arya and Sansa begin acting out a disagreement to see what Littlefinger does – because they know he’s spying on them. By faking it, they’re able to make him play his hand and cause him to incriminate himself irreversibly

What it tells us: Arya lets Littlefinger see her steal the note because she wants him to think she is planning to take down Sansa.

It’s only after Arya and Sansa’s first staged argument that Littlefinger asks Winterfell’s Maester to find the incriminating message Sansa sent to Robb, where she asked him to bend the knee to her evil fiancé Joffrey Baratheon, after her father was accused of treason and awaiting execution by the Lannisters. By taking the ‘bait’ of this message, Arya is tricking Littlefinger into thinking she wants leverage with which to take down Sansa

Out on the balcony of Winterfell’s courtyard, Arya and Sansa have another, even more public staged argument, where Arya reads out the note Littlefinger wanted Arya to find.

What it tells us: Littlefinger is beginning to show his hand: he wants Arya dead, because she poses a danger to his ‘control’ over Sansa.

At this news, Littlefinger makes his first real error: he suggests Sansa use Brienne as a bodyguard in case Arya tries anything. It becomes clear he wants Arya dead, because she is only a threat to him. Either Arya will kill him, or she will kill Sansa – thereby removing what he sees as his ‘control’ over the north.

In order to destabilise Littlefinger further, Sansa ignores his advice, sending Brienne away to King’s Landing. Littlefinger is later forced to suggest more explicitly that Sansa get rid of Arya, which proves to Sansa that he’s no use to her any more

What it tells us: The sisters are plotting together – what they’re saying aloud doesn’t mean anything.

It seems that what the showrunners were really trying to show us here is that Arya and Sansa have been in cahoots the whole time. Their conversations sound terrible to the casual listener – like a spy at the door, for instance – but really they’re just acting

Littlefinger says to Sansa: “After [Arya] murders you, what does she become? Lady of Winterfell.” Like us, Sansa knows Arya has never wanted to be a lady, but Littlefinger thinks this is the way to coax Sansa into killing Arya.

It’s at this point that Littlefinger has used up all his chances: Sansa knows he is only trying to sow more chaos, and will only ever continue to do so. This is when she decides he is no longer an asset, and gets rid of him with the piles of evidence she, Bran and Arya have on him

What it tells us: Sansa and Arya were working together the entire time – with Bran’s help.

This is where the decision only to show us scenes of disagreement between Sansa and Arya comes to fruition. Surprise! Littlefinger’s been busted – he’s done himself out of a job by trying to pit the Starks against each other. Not only have Arya and Sansa been working to take him down, but they’ve also had Bran to help. Littlefinger’s tricks don’t work on the Starks, and he’s reduced to begging for mercy. He gets none.

Not sure how true this is as I can't find the quote but the most telling thing from the article which is what I have been saying all along.

Another Redditor replied that the showrunners “say they were solely focused on making the viewer believe the Starks would turn on each other before twisting it at the end. It doesn’t seem like they were concerned with in-character explanations, they were just concerned with selling the viewer on the fake-out. That’s why the plot seems weird and difficult to parse, because there isn’t really an in-universe explanation.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/g...littlefinger-bran-2129881#RUW5WUJKriIs6m7I.99

In any event, the only thing I would add to this is that it makes sense for Bran to have found out about LF for sure once LF gives him the dagger. Even in the Sam scene, it was Sam's comments that lead him to go back time to figure out the truth about the marriage. Well the only thing in the show that would provide a prompt for Bran to go looking for the truth about Ned is when LF hands him the dagger.

The act of touching the dagger and in doing so relieving if you will the life of the dagger would most likely have revealed to Bran that the assassin hired to kill him was hired by LF and would most likely have revealed that it was the same dagger that was placed at Ned's throat by LF. So it makes the most sense that LF giving Bran the dagger is ultimately his undoing because the dagger's history if Bran tried to relive it is would incriminates him. It also makes sense in that LF is undone by one of his own acts.

So this could only have happened prior to the garden scene because Bran gives Arya the dagger and so it is no longer in his possession. So what makes the most sense here? The dagger being the impetus for Bran finding out the truth about LF or Bran doing it at some future date for some inexplicable reason?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yall about to get some naked female Dobby up in here.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

There’s a lot of opposition to this storyline....nuff said, never have I said it wasn't a popular theory, but it makes no sense, and there are plenty of Opposing views as well. It's hard to quote anything other than direct quotes from the showrunners as proof, because there are literally thousands of these fan sites, all with different opinions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus you don't get it. I already said they kept him around and they did the con not because it made sense in the story but because it created drama and suspense for the audience. You seem confused by the fact the writers aren't always logical. In this case they sacrificed logic for drama.
It's clear they had Bran say the chaos thing for the audience because it is completely illogical for LF to simply ignore that line. So the line wasn't meant for LF. It was meant for the audience. We know this is true because there is no way LF or any rational human being in a story that has magic and dragons and shit would simply ignore what Bran said given the grave threat Bran poses if he in fact does know private conversations. So they had LF completely ignore the threat that one line posed to his life because they wanted to string out the drama. They then had the con play out because they wanted the audience to be concerned for Arya and Sansa.

None of this makes sense in story. It's contrived for dramatic purposes. That's the entire point. So your response to me that it wouldn't make sense is odd. Yes it doesn't because that's been my argument all along, lol. You seem to be assuming that what the writers write has to make sense which is incorrect. You and I both know they have sacrificed logic for drama before.

And I using those reasons (the storyline would make no sense if this is true) as proof of why this is not what happened. I will agree with you 100% that if this was an elaborate ruse from the very beginning of the season, it was terrible writing, because there was no purpose, happy?

What I will not agree with is this was indeed the case, because as you have already pointed out, if true, it was stupid. As such, my explanation of events fits the storyline much better.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chaos is a Ladder thing definitely does not get past LF.[video=youtube;g-mZ4hgkLJ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-mZ4hgkLJ8[/video]

LF is shocked by it but, again, nobody knows what Bran truly is now so how could he know how much more Bran really knows?

While it is for dramatic purposes, it also makes sense. They could have easily shown LF listening at the door or behind a corner in one of these scenes to spell it out for viewers, but they wanted the viewers to be as fooled as LF.

What seems to be lost on all is during this con while goading LF to play his cards, here he is again conspiring against a Stark even after declaring for House Stark, a crime worthy of death in itself.

Not sure how true this is as I can't find the quote but the most telling thing from the article which is what I have been saying all along.

Another Redditor replied that the showrunners “say they were solely focused on making the viewer believe the Starks would turn on each other before twisting it at the end. It doesn’t seem like they were concerned with in-character explanations, they were just concerned with selling the viewer on the fake-out. That’s why the plot seems weird and difficult to parse, because there isn’t really an in-universe explanation.”

In any event, the only thing I would add to this is that it makes sense for Bran to have found out about LF for sure once LF gives him the dagger. Even in the Sam scene, it was Sam's comments that lead him to go back time to figure out the truth about the marriage. Well the only thing in the show that would provide a prompt for Bran to go looking for the truth about Ned is when LF hands him the dagger.

The act of touching the dagger and in doing so relieving if you will the life of the dagger would most likely have revealed to Bran that the assassin hired to kill him was hired by LF and would most likely have revealed that it was the same dagger that was placed at Ned's throat by LF. So it makes the most sense that LF giving Bran the dagger is ultimately his undoing because the dagger's history if Bran tried to relive it is would incriminates him. It also makes sense in that LF is undone by one of his own acts.

So this could only have happened prior to the garden scene because Bran gives Arya the dagger and so it is no longer in his possession. So what makes the most sense here? The dagger being the impetus for Bran finding out the truth about LF or Bran doing it at some future date for some inexplicable reason?
I, too, felt the act of giving Bran the dagger was LF's biggest mistake. Bran knows whose it is even at the time he asks LF who it belonged to. LF lies so Bran recalls all info on him setting the stage for the long con.

Yall about to get some naked female Dobby up in here.

I don't even know what that means.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/tv-blogs/g...littlefinger-bran-2129881#RUW5WUJKriIs6m7I.99

“say they were solely focused on making the viewer believe the Starks would turn on each other before twisting it at the end. It doesn’t seem like they were concerned with in-character explanations, they were just concerned with selling the viewer on the fake-out. That’s why the plot seems weird and difficult to parse, because there isn’t really an in-universe explanation.”

What I have been saying all along.

So, there is two options, one, the above is true
or two, there is a better explanation than the ruse from the get go theory

You have yet to prove it was the former.