Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s a lot of opposition to this storyline....nuff said, never have I said it wasn't a popular theory, but it makes no sense, and there are plenty of Opposing views as well. It's hard to quote anything other than direct quotes from the showrunners as proof, because there are literally thousands of these fan sites, all with different opinions.
It's actually the only thing that makes sense. While all are asking why the con if Bran already knew everything, fact is LF is being goaded into showing his cards even at that moment as he, again, is conspiring to have a Stark, namely Arya, killed.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't even know what that means.

melisandre-isnt-just-old--shes-centuries-old.jpg

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LF is shocked by it but, again, nobody knows what Bran truly is now so how could he know how much more Bran really knows?

While it is for dramatic purposes, it also makes sense. They could have easily shown LF listening at the door or behind a corner in one of these scenes to spell it out for viewers, but they wanted the viewers to be as fooled as LF.

What seems to be lost on all is during this con while goading LF to play his cards, here he is again conspiring against a Stark even after declaring for House Stark, a crime worthy of death in itself.

I, too, felt the act of giving Bran the dagger was LF's biggest mistake. Bran knows whose it is even at the time he asks LF who it belonged to. LF lies so Bran recalls all info on him setting the stage for the long con.

I don't even know what that means.[/QUOTE]

LF is shocked by it but, again, nobody knows what Bran truly is now so how could he know how much more Bran really knows?

It's clear little finger did not put 2 and 2 together when bran made the "chaos is a ladder statement"

[video=youtube_share;NoVWZrhd05o]https://youtu.be/NoVWZrhd05o[/video]

@ the 3:28 mark, Bran utters what little finger said when he betrayed Ned, This is when LF breaks.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's actually the only thing that makes sense. While all are asking why the con if Bran already knew everything, fact is LF is being goaded into showing his cards even at that moment as he, again, is conspiring to have a Stark, namely Arya, killed.

Why would he need to be goaded into showing his cards if they already knew he had killed Lyssa, Lord Arryn, conspired to start the war of five kings, attempted to kill Bran. held a knife to Ned's throat, etc etc. Again, what is the point, if all these things were known in advance?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am a little disappointed we got no real conclusion to the whole Little Finger vs Varys

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would he need to be goaded into showing his cards if they already knew he had killed Lyssa, Lord Arryn, conspired to start the war of five kings, attempted to kill Bran. held a knife to Ned's throat, etc etc. Again, what is the point, if all these things were known in advance?
Been a long time since Jon Arynn was killed. Been a long time since he betrayed their father and aided in his wrongful persecution. Been even a while since he pushed Auntie through the moon door. But here he is again, turning sister against sister as Sansa says. Again conspiring against a Stark. Add it to his long list of crimes against the Starks. Nobody would question why Sansa must pass sentence on him to protect the remaining Starks now and to avenge the others he has wronged in the past.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am a little disappointed we got no real conclusion to the whole Little Finger vs Varys
I read something a couple of days ago that said Aidan Gillen was asked, a couple years ago, who he thought would kill his character. He correctly predicted Arya.

While Varys was likely his main adversary, how lame has he become? He doesn't even belong on team Dany, not that he's done a damn thing for her anyway. She will end up having one of her dragons toast him. He's meant to die in Westeros now anyway. Muahahaha

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been a long time since Jon Arynn was killed. Been a long time since he betrayed their father and aided in his wrongful persecution. Been even a while since he pushed Auntie through the moon door. But here he is again, turning sister against sister as Sansa says. Again conspiring against a Stark. Add it to his long list of crimes against the Starks. Nobody would question why Sansa must pass sentence on him to protect the remaining Starks now and to avenge the others he has wronged in the past.

So your saying his attempting to pit Sansa against Arya came in to play in that trial? Pffftttttt.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I read something a couple of days ago that said Aidan Gillen was asked, a couple years ago, who he thought would kill his character. He correctly predicted Arya.

While Varys was likely his main adversary, how lame has he become? He doesn't even belong on team Dany, not that he's done a damn thing for her anyway. She will end up having one of her dragons toast him. He's meant to die in Westeros now anyway. Muahahaha

Varys has always worked in the shadows, but he used to be far more involved in the narrative.

IIRC in the books, he supports Rhaegar's son who secretly survived the sack of King's landing (yes his name is Aegon, I looked it up)

Could be Varys winds up supporting Jon(Aegon) instead of Dany once he finds out and Dany has him burned? But that only happens if Dany/Jon become rivals I imagine.

Im guessing more likely Varys winds up having to sacrifice himself to ensure the downfall of Cersei and the rise of Jon/Dany.

Varys could be a faceless man and do the deed as Jamie perhaps, thus fulfilling that whole prophesy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Varys has always worked in the shadows, but he used to be far more involved in the narrative.

IIRC in the books, he supports Rhaegar's son who secretly survived the sack of King's landing (yes his name is Aegon, I looked it up)

Could be Varys winds up supporting Jon(Aegon) instead of Dany once he finds out and Dany has him burned? But that only happens if Dany/Jon become rivals I imagine.

Im guessing more likely Varys winds up having to sacrifice himself to ensure the downfall of Cersei and the rise of Jon/Dany.

Varys could be a faceless man and do the deed as Jamie perhaps, thus fulfilling that whole prophesy.

In the books, there is someone that claims to be Aegon, but there is a huge amount of speculation he is an impostor, and the Real Aegon did in fact die.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In the books, there is someone that claims to be Aegon, but there is a huge amount of speculation he is an impostor, and the Real Aegon did in fact die.

I read the books, I know the story and I would refute that speculation.

Varys is all "What's best for the realm".... hard to believe he would spend as much time/energy/resources to make sure an impostor who happened to have the violet eyes and white hair of a Targaryean made it to the Iron Throne.

The book itself offers no overt evidence that Aegon(Young Griff) is an impostor, just speculation.

As this story thread was abandoned by the show, I think they merged w/e role Aegon would play into Jon.

I get the feeling in the book Aegon and Dany have a thing while Jon hooks up with Val that Wildling princess chick.

They eliminated Aegon and Val and simply merged Jon into w/e minor parts Aegon would have played in the overall story arc.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

And I using those reasons (the storyline would make no sense if this is true) as proof of why this is not what happened. I will agree with you 100% that if this was an elaborate ruse from the very beginning of the season, it was terrible writing, because there was no purpose, happy?

What I will not agree with is this was indeed the case, because as you have already pointed out, if true, it was stupid. As such, my explanation of events fits the storyline much better.

But again you are starting with a conclusion and then trying to fit things to your conclusion. It's backwards logic.

Your argument is thus. Because you need the story to make sense you are jumping through hoops and having all sorts of things explained off screen to support your conclusion that that the story must make sense.

I on the other hand have reviewed the story as told on the show and concluded it does not make sense because I don't have a need or desire to fit the story into a preconceived conclusion by assuming a bunch of shit happened off screen.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep. That is it in a nutshell. He got outplayed by people who could not be played.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

And I using those reasons (the storyline would make no sense if this is true) as proof of why this is not what happened. I will agree with you 100% that if this was an elaborate ruse from the very beginning of the season, it was terrible writing, because there was no purpose, happy?

What I will not agree with is this was indeed the case, because as you have already pointed out, if true, it was stupid. As such, my explanation of events fits the storyline much better.

Funny stuff. Why is it that when what they think should happen doesn't end up the way they want it, they attribute it to bad writing. I think that the writing was just fine. I liked the ruse and said that Arya was playing Littlefinger. That was logical and made sense. She learned to play people and how to wear many faces. SHE WAS ACTING and set LF up.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

In the show, the prophecy doesn't speak of the valonqar as the book does. This is why I go with the Arya kills Cersei prediction. Of course she could also don Jaime's face if need be.

I thought Varys hates that magic and shit. Why is he with Dany, the unburnt mother of dragons?

Rhaegar left his barren wife to have a son who would fullfill the Azor Ahai prophecy.