Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So your suggesting that the arya/sansa scenes were all based on the fact they thought LF was listening? I find that highly unlikely, especially the part about the faces, Sansa was genuinely shocked, to the point she asked LF what he knew about the faceless men. Your depiction of events makes no sense.
Doesn't have to be all an act in order for them to be partaking in a con game against LF. It's not as if everything you see them do has to be about tricking LF. There was never a danger of 1 wanting to kill the other. There was never a point when Sansa was fooled by LF again. There was never a time the sisters thought of turning on one another. There was never a time the sisters weren't united against LF.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm trying to think of the last time a show, based off a novel series, had a sequel.... im sure it happens all the time.

I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure it has definitely happened. Two of the more famous recent book adaptations(LOTR, Harry Potter) have developed or are working on prequel series. I honestly prefer a prequel or a sort-of unrelated earlier story as the next series(e.g. Dunk and Egg) rather than a sequel.

I am just a little worried that they'll fuck up the sequel without significant source material, and that it would hurt the GoT/ASOIAF story a bit as a whole. If it's a bit more in the future, that might play a little better IDK.

As for a direct prequel, they've said they're not doing Robert's Rebellion, which I think is good. Part of what Martin is trying to do throughout the books(as well as in the show) is tell the story of Robert's Rebellion through the thoughts, actions,etc. of characters in the current time. By the end, you basically know what happened, it just doesn't seem right to do that series.

I don't think they were confident they could write enough non-Special person material to make 10 episodes.

True, but I think they could have extended the material they had already present into a couple more episodes. It would have made things feel a bit less rushed, and provided better buildup to the high-action/dramatic scenes in this seasons.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bran very likely went back into the visions to get a clearer picture. He was definitely on to him the second he touched the dagger, and he makes it clear by repeating a line from a LF & Varys conversation in Season 3. That's why LF was so freaked out. But the initial tension between Sansa and Arya was real. It makes absolutely no sense if it was fake. There's no reason to put on a show for themselves where Sansa discovers Arya was part of the "Faceless Men."

EDIT: I only know about that season 3 bit because I couldn't figure out what the fuck Bran said that spooked LF so badly, and my CC wouldn't work. So I looked up his dialogue and the website gave a refresher course.
The point I would make again is it's alright if Sansa finds the faces and is freaked out about it and then Arya fucks around and gets weird when explaining the faceless men cause the faceless men is a very weird thing. That doesn't mean they weren't in the middle of conning LF. It doesn't mean Arya didn't know what LF was doing and that he wanted her to find that note. It doesn't mean Sansa wasn't lying to LF and setting him up when she talked about being more worried about Arya than she ever truly was. You can't just assume every interaction shown between Sansa and Arya has to be about conning LF.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't have to be all an act in order for them to be partaking in a con game against LF. It's not as if everything you see them do has to be about tricking LF. There was never a danger of 1 wanting to kill the other. There was never a point when Sansa was fooled by LF again. There was never a time the sisters thought of turning on one another. There was never a time the sisters weren't united against LF.

And I can agree to this

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I'm sure it has definitely happened. Two of the more famous recent book adaptations(LOTR, Harry Potter) have developed or are working on prequel series. I honestly prefer a prequel or a sort-of unrelated earlier story as the next series(e.g. Dunk and Egg) rather than a sequel.

I am just a little worried that they'll fuck up the sequel without significant source material, and that it would hurt the GoT/ASOIAF story a bit as a whole. If it's a bit more in the future, that might play a little better IDK.

As for a direct prequel, they've said they're not doing Robert's Rebellion, which I think is good. Part of what Martin is trying to do throughout the books(as well as in the show) is tell the story of Robert's Rebellion through the thoughts, actions,etc. of characters in the current time. By the end, you basically know what happened, it just doesn't seem right to do that series.

True, but I think they could have extended the material they had already present into a couple more episodes. It would have made things feel a bit less rushed, and provided better buildup to the high-action/dramatic scenes in this seasons.

I have heard Dunk & Egg. Your right about source material and prequel is the way to go. Roberts Rebellion is now kind of hollow, now that we know it was all based on a lie.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The point I would make again is it's alright if Sansa finds the faces and is freaked out about it and then Arya fucks around and gets weird when explaining the faceless men cause the faceless men is a very weird thing. That doesn't mean they weren't in the middle of conning LF. It doesn't mean Arya didn't know what LF was doing and that he wanted her to find that note. It doesn't mean Sansa wasn't lying to LF and setting him up when she talked about being more worried about Arya than she ever truly was. You can't just assume every interaction shown between Sansa and Arya has to be about conning LF.

Still it makes no sense, while they might say the words if they think LF is listening in, there not going to physically act out the part, with facial expressions and all, do they think LF has a video cam in the room as well?

The one plot hole I can't believe Remy has not brought up in his rants (because he gets so focused on minutia of one thing), is the fact we never seen LF concerned at all about the WW's. None of his scheming makes any sense in the bigger picture, unless he thinks its all BS.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For the love of god Ares. There. Is. No. Sequel. Everything that Martin himself is working on to follow up with after GoT ends are prequels and we are only thus far guaranteed one prequel.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For the love of god Ares. There. Is. No. Sequel. Everything that Martin himself is working on to follow up with after GoT ends are prequels and we are only thus far guaranteed one prequel.

RIP avy.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have a crackhead theory

You know how the witch says danerys can't have kids. How about she can have one kid for each dragon that dies?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have a crackhead theory

You know how the witch says danerys can't have kids. How about she can have one kid for each dragon that dies?

Actually she said something along the lines of life requiring death which was why her baby ded af and Drogo was zombie af. So death of her dragon maybe means she can haz one baby nao?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yeah, we practically all knew LF was dead af at some point. Was a bit disappointed he didn't get a more fitting death for all his fuckery but as someone else pointed out Stark justice is swift. Unless your name is Sansa and the mofugga dying is Ramsay Bolton.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So then one dragon died, she boned her nephew, she pregnant af? George rr Martin inner red neck fantasy right there lol

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, we practically all knew LF was dead af at some point. Was a bit disappointed he didn't get a more fitting death for all his fuckery but as someone else pointed out Stark justice is swift. Unless your name is Sansa and the mofugga dying is Ramsay Bolton.

He did get killed with the Dagger he tried to have Bran killed with and held to Ned's throat in front of the Stark's, that seemed kinda fitting to me.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He did get killed with the Dagger he tried to have Bran killed with and held to Ned's throat in front of the Stark's, that seemed kinda fitting to me.

I mean the symbolism there isn't lost on me. I just thought he deserved more than just a slit throat. Maybe Arya dons a LF mask and engages in some fuckery with it?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So I don't think Bran is all knowing. I simply have nothing in the show that says he specifically did not know about LF crimes. Instead what I have is him specifically letting LF know he knew things he shouldn't know and LF magically concluding it was just coincidence. It's absurd logic.

Because when someone mutters a phrase you yourself had said in the past, you immediately draw the conclusion that person can access everything that ever happened in the past, right? Talk about absurd logic.

As for the above, just because he didn't know Snow was not a bastard doesn't mean he doesn't know LF is a snake. Until the Sam and Bran convo happened we all would have said Bran knew Snow was not a bastard because there would be no reason not to.

And it doesn't mean he does either, but what it clearly does show is that Bran does not know everything, and he has to search for specifics. Your assuming that Bran has done just that with LF, and yet have no proof he had.

Until there is a scene in the show that says Bran didn't know LF was a snake until later then there is no reason for me to believe he did not simply because of the Sam and Bran convo. You cant just randomly apply that convo to anything you want as there is nothing in the story that suggests he was confused about anything else.

Until there is a scene in the show that says Bran did know LF complicity in all that he stood accused of, then there is no reason for me to believe he did simply because you can't wrap your head around it. You cant just randomly ignore the convo with Sam, and call it an exception,just because you want too.

So I don't think Bran is all knowing. I simply have nothing in the show that says he specifically did not know about LF crimes. Instead what I have is him specifically letting LF know he knew things he shouldn't know and LF magically concluding it was just coincidence. It's absurd logic.

There is nothing in the show that says he does know of LF's crimes either, nothing but the scene with Vary's in which none of the crimes he stands accused of are ever brought up. Yet we do have a scene with equal importance (Jon's status as not a bastard) in which Bran did not know. game set match.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still it makes no sense, while they might say the words if they think LF is listening in, there not going to physically act out the part, with facial expressions and all, do they think LF has a video cam in the room as well?

The one plot hole I can't believe Remy has not brought up in his rants (because he gets so focused on minutia of one thing), is the fact we never seen LF concerned at all about the WW's. None of his scheming makes any sense in the bigger picture, unless he thinks its all BS.
Actually, the faces in the bag is when they were in the room. The thing about the note, they discussed outside. The rest of the con would simply involve Sansa expressing concern to LF and acting like she is listening to and believing what he says to her while also acting wary of Arya when LF is around.

Still thinking nobody in the North including LF is believing in the whole WW thing. Like Dany and ugly cunt Cersei, they'll have to see it to believe it. I'm guessing when Jon returns with Dany there will be many objections to the KOTN bending the knee to the Targaryen Queen. Probably get worst when Jon is revealed to be Aegon Targaryen. They'll come back to his side though once they see the army of the dead.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean the symbolism there isn't lost on me. I just thought he deserved more than just a slit throat. Maybe Arya dons a LF mask and engages in some fuckery with it?
That's what I said but he won't hear of it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No one said she didn't take his face. She might use it when she takes out cersei. Or maybe she will use Jaimie face. Or tyrion face if he is a rat

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Actually, the faces in the bag is when they were in the room. The thing about the note, they discussed outside. The rest of the con would simply involve Sansa expressing concern to LF and acting like she is listening to and believing what he says to her while also acting wary of Arya when LF is around.

Well then Remy is right, if that is what you believe, because it would be terrible writing. They could have ended LF the episode after Bran hands Arya the knife, and not drag it out all season long. I still believe the con didn't exist until much later. Arya might be a good actress, but Sansa could have never pulled that off, not to LF.

Still thinking nobody in the North including LF is believing in the whole WW thing. Like Dany and ugly cunt Cersei, they'll have to see it to believe it. I'm guessing when Jon returns with Dany there will be many objections to the KOTN bending the knee to the Targaryen Queen. Probably get worst when Jon is revealed to be Aegon Targaryen. They'll come back to his side though once they see the army of the dead.

Depends, it's a possibility, but with the WW's already breaching the wall, and Jon still on a boat (he has to then travel by land to WF), I don't see where that leaves much time for a conflict about Jon bending the knee? Maybe the conflict happens and is resolved before Jon ever gets there? I would think Bran will be telling everyone that the WW's have breached the wall, and ravens will start to arrive as well. Who knows though, time travel in Westeros is screwy. I just hope they don't waste too much time on all that, and with 100K zombies knocking on the door, I think they will be happy as hell Dany is there.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well then Remy is right, if that is what you believe, because it would be terrible writing. They could have ended LF the episode after Bran hands Arya the knife, and not drag it out all season long. I still believe the con didn't exist until much later. Arya might be a good actress, but Sansa could have never pulled that off, not to LF.
The Sansa character has grown a lot. Would even put her in the running for next on the Iron Throne if there is an Iron Throne left. Before Bran and Arya arrive back to WF, we see she really has no respect at all left for LF. She never even gives him a listen until the con game is underway.

Depends, it's a possibility, but with the WW's already breaching the wall, and Jon still on a boat (he has to then travel by land to WF), I don't see where that leaves much time for a conflict about Jon bending the knee? Maybe the conflict happens and is resolved before Jon ever gets there? I would think Bran will be telling everyone that the WW's have breached the wall, and ravens will start to arrive as well. Who knows though, time travel in Westeros is screwy. I just hope they don't waste too much time on all that, and with 100K zombies knocking on the door, I think they will be happy as hell Dany is there.
Well, nobody can complain about travel time this time cause they have a good year or more to travel.

Last edited: