Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe, but looks more like a paraphrase of the real quote I gave, because the bolded makes no sense. Seems he would understand a scene he was in, regardless the scene was shot.

It can't be a paraphrase of your quote because your quote is from a completely different interview. Further, Huffington clearly uses quotations which means it's a quote and not a paraphrase. You don't use quotes when you paraphrase someone. Someone giving interviews to two different magazines is bound to say different things in that interview unless the dude is really Bran. So I chalk it up to him being human.

You yourself once said the actors don't always get it right as you said so about Sophie Turner. So the dude just seems as confused as the rest of us regarding the writer's ultimate intent.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It can't be a paraphrase of your quote because your quote is from a completely different interview. Further, Huffington clearly uses quotations which means it's a quote and not a paraphrase. You don't use quotes when you paraphrase someone. Someone giving interviews to two different magazines is bound to say different things in that interview unless the dude is really Bran. So I chalk it up to him being human.

You yourself once said the actors don't always get it right as you said so about Sophie Turner. So the dude just seems as confused as the rest of us regarding the writer's ultimate intent.

It could be a paraphrase, and for the record, I said maybe, because quite honestly I don't know how many interviews Bran gave, and to whom. What your saying does happen, but, different sources get a hold of interviews given to one source, and use them for their own material, quite often with slightly different wording (paraphrased). It could be a case of either.

Oddly enough, if they did conduct the interview as you say, they walked away with this opinion:

So apparently, Sansa’s scene with Littlefinger where she questions whether Arya was going to kill her was legit. She was actually worried, but then decided to check with Bran before doing something she might regret.

The thing your not dealing with here is the fact another scene was shot, one that didn't make the final cut. One that confirms my version of events, and disproves yours and Spartans.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. How do you get there from where Cersei asked Jaime if he was going to have Bronn executed. Bronn will leave KL also and meet up with Jaime somewhere along the way. Podrick? Podrick? Who cares about Podrick?

Come-on Spartan! I was merely making a pointed dig at Ares the all mighty writer wannabee.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It was from an interview from the actor that plays Bran, if that is not enough evidence, then I don't know what is.

Taking interviews of actors as fact is funny. Think these assholes do not lie just to throw people off. These people are doing drugs and getting drunk like skunks. Who cares what they say. This is a game within a game and I would bet that these assholes love to fuck with people all of the time.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And yet when it suits your narrative, you find it perfectly ok to use the same source (weekly tabloid) to support your argument. You can't have it both ways. Can you provide any evidence by anyone other than such a tabloid that fake scenes where actually shot to throw off the paparazzi? Guess what, you can't. That is a pretty costly endeavor btw.

- At virtually the same time I point out they often shoot extra scenes to throw off the paparazzi, Remy caught something he highlighted.
“Funny enough, we did actually shoot a scene that didn’t make it into that episode where Sansa knocks on Bran’s door, and I don’t know whether they actually want to change the story, but as I understand it, Sansa came to Bran and goes, ‘Can you just look some of this up before I kill my sister?’ That kind of sentiment. Sansa just checking that fact,” said the actor.

Not the real quote

bullshit, show me evidence of other such scenes.

If you want to believe, as the articles says, the sisters didn't come together til after LF convinced her Arya was going to kill her in the finale, you have to believe

-Bran never mentioned a damn thing to her the entire season even though he was obviously on to LF from the moment he was handed the dagger

Except he wasn't, just as I described painfully, over and over to Remy. This is what Isaac said in that regards:

So what’s the deal with Bran holding back so much information?

It’s less of Bran just holding back this information because right now Bran doesn’t actually have the entire history of the world in his head. It’s like he’s got Kindle libraries of all the history of the universe, but he just hasn’t read every volume yet. The old Three-Eyed Raven sat and actually went through every single page and read every single word, so he has known by heart everything that happens. Bran still has to look stuff up in a massive encyclopedia, so it’s not that he doesn’t know. It’s like if people guide him in the right direction he can tell you anything and in his own time. He’s working through everything that’s happened. He needs like Samwell Tarly saying, “Can you see this?” Bran goes, “Oh, shit. Yeah, that actually did happen.” [He needs] Sansa to say, “What happened with Littlefinger?” Boom.

Where did I say this? If I did, I changed my mind after re-watching the episode and paying closer attention to the WF plot.

I think my actual statement was I don't think Arya ever intended to kill Sansa, so I think you have that mixed up a little bit, understandable though.

I will admit, that one shocked me, I did not believe she had come to that conclusion.

That's open to interpretation, I took it as Arya showing Sansa she had no intent to kill her.

I never denied Arya was in on it by the time of the trial, the argument has always been when this came to take place.

Fair point, and yes, it had, after it was discovered LF was playing them against each other. This part could have been done much better, but at no time in that scene did they leave you to believe it had always been an elaborate con from the get go either.

It's a quote from the actor that was in on the scene, I am shocked that you support a fan fiction theory that they actually shot fake scenes to throw off paparazzi.

Well, it's easy enough to prove they shoot fake scenes. Google it and you'll get all the proof you'll ever need. I'll just take the first I clicked on from what Kit Harrington said in a TV interview.

“What I can say about this season is we had a lot of paparazzi following us around, especially when we were in Spain, but we did fake some scenes,” he said during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Monday. “We put together people in situations where we knew the paparazzi was around so they’d take photos and they’d get on the Internet.”

Kit revealed that he had shot three fake scenes that each took five hours to shoot, and had filmed them on his “day off”. But he left host Jimmy hanging when asked about where the real scenes were shot, as he wished to keep on the good side of the show’s writers and producers.

It's really not about be needing to be right about a long con. It's just that it makes no sense to me any other way. Not given the way Sansa has zero respect for LF before Arya arrives and then is getting fooled and manipulated by him again after she arrives? Makes no sense. She hates him.

Biggest thing that bothers me about that article is Sansa witnessed her aunt being killed and even witnessed her aunt telling LF exactly how he had her kill Jon Arynn.... so why would she have an "Oh, shit" moment in the finale when Bran tells her of LF's crimes? Makes zero sense. She knew about those 2 most major crimes before the fucking season even started.

More than that, how would going to Bran in the final hour and finding out about all LF's crimes, make her stop feeling like Arya really wanted her dead? One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, it's easy enough to prove they shoot fake scenes. Google it and you'll get all the proof you'll ever need. I'll just take the first I clicked on from what Kit Harrington said in a TV interview.

“What I can say about this season is we had a lot of paparazzi following us around, especially when we were in Spain, but we did fake some scenes,” he said during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Monday. “We put together people in situations where we knew the paparazzi was around so they’d take photos and they’d get on the Internet.”

Kit revealed that he had shot three fake scenes that each took five hours to shoot, and had filmed them on his “day off”. But he left host Jimmy hanging when asked about where the real scenes were shot, as he wished to keep on the good side of the show’s writers and producers.

At the time they were faced with massive plot leaks (as demonstrated). It's possible, but highly unlikely. I have seen no evidence of any such thing, with the exception of the scene your trying to claim was fake, one in which the actual actor involved made no such statement. Jon was nowhere around this particular scene, and would have no knowledge of it fake or otherwise, he was on location in an entirely different country. I take Kit's statements as understandable damage control. Remember that Kit also emphatically stated that Jon was dead at the end of season 5. How did that work out?

It's really not about be needing to be right about a long con. It's just that it makes no sense to me any other way. Not given the way Sansa has zero respect for LF before Arya arrives and then is getting fooled and manipulated by him again after she arrives? Makes no sense. She hates him.

The exact opposite is true, there was no reason to play this long con, it makes absolutely no sense in story.

Biggest thing that bothers me about that article is Sansa witnessed her aunt being killed and even witnessed her aunt telling LF exactly how he had her kill Jon Arynn.... so why would she have an "Oh, shit" moment in the finale when Bran tells her of LF's crimes? Makes zero sense. She knew about those 2 most major crimes before the fucking season even started.

I not even sure what your saying here. her oh shit moment was when she learned, once again, LF had been playing her all along, pitting sister against sister.

More than that, how would going to Bran in the final hour and finding out about all LF's crimes, make her stop feeling like Arya really wanted her dead? One thing has nothing to do with the other.

LF was helping to exaggerate those fears, Bran set the record straight. He also could have explained to Arya in more detail all that Sansa had gone through (speculation on my part). In the final scene, one in which the sisters have reconciled, Arya states to Sansa, "your right, I could have never gone through what you went through". So it's obvious that a reconciliation had happened. Sansa then reply's, "yes you could have, your the strongest person I know". That whole final scene makes zero sense when viewed in the context of your version of events. There would have been no need for a reconciliation, and no need to keep "acting" as LF was already dead. If your version of events were true, the girls would have been High fiving each other and congratulating each other on a job well done.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Now I am going to take a page out of your book, don't take this literally, but I will make a point that I brought up earlier (taking things out of context).

The Winterfell set is in Northern Island, not Spain. :)

But, more importantly, the Winterfell set is a closed set. The scene that you claim was "fake" involved two actors, on a closed set. It would be entirely pointless for them do such a fake scene, as there is no paparazzi around to even witness it, so what would be the point? To fool the two actors?

At least Jon being a part of shooting some fake scenes (which I don't think happened) would make some sense, as the vast majority of his scenes were shot on open sets, outside, in full view of the paparazzi. The thing is, all of these pictures that surfaced from the paparazzi show pictures of real scenes, and I have yet to see one that from a scene that wasn't on the show. If one exists, can you show it too me?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This going just keeps on going....

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I just keep checking in to see if we've measured piss streams yet.

img58982668.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It could be a paraphrase, and for the record, I said maybe, because quite honestly I don't know how many interviews Bran gave, and to whom. What your saying does happen, but, different sources get a hold of interviews given to one source, and use them for their own material, quite often with slightly different wording (paraphrased). It could be a case of either.

Oddly enough, if they did conduct the interview as you say, they walked away with this opinion:

So apparently, Sansa’s scene with Littlefinger where she questions whether Arya was going to kill her was legit. She was actually worried, but then decided to check with Bran before doing something she might regret.

The thing your not dealing with here is the fact another scene was shot, one that didn't make the final cut. One that confirms my version of events, and disproves yours and Spartans.

If Huffington had used the Variety interview then they would have said so. Yet they said the actor told them which means it's a separate interview. Just like when Yahoo used the Huffinton story as the basis of their story they quite clearly said it came from the HP. Magazines don't just take stories from other sources without giving them credit. Even your link which was from Polygon made it clear that Polygon got the interview from Variety.

And I already dealt with what both articles said. I said quite clearly earlier that the articles provide evidence that the original intent conforms to your version of events. I then said his statement makes it clear that the original intent could have been changed. So we don't know if the reason for the cut is because they wanted to in effect change the story. All we know is the scene didn't make the final cut so from the perspective of the final TV show, the scene proves nothing. Scenes are cut from shows all the time. Sometimes they are cut simply to cut down on time. Sometimes they are cut because the writers want to go in a different direction. We don't know why this scene was removed. All we know is that it's not in the final cut so it's pretty much irrelevant to what we see in the final cut. A TV show is judged based on what is on the TV show. Not what was left on the cutting room floor.

But again, I agree the interview supports the idea that at one point during filming, the intent was for the tension to be real. I have no idea if that was the final intent because that scene was removed and so it no longer has any bearing on the actual story we see in the final cut. The actual story we see leaves too many gaps for the audience to fill in.

And if the tension was real then Sansa is a fucking moron that got played again by LF before Bran bailed her out. I suspect that is why the scene was cut. They probably watched it and realized it made Sansa look like a moron for almost killing her sister and decided it was just better to leave it out and just let the audience assume a conversation happened at some point off screen.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the time they were faced with massive plot leaks (as demonstrated). It's possible, but highly unlikely. I have seen no evidence of any such thing, with the exception of the scene your trying to claim was fake, one in which the actual actor involved made no such statement. Jon was nowhere around this particular scene, and would have no knowledge of it fake or otherwise, he was on location in an entirely different country. I take Kit's statements as understandable damage control. Remember that Kit also emphatically stated that Jon was dead at the end of season 5. How did that work out?

The exact opposite is true, there was no reason to play this long con, it makes absolutely no sense in story.

I not even sure what your saying here. her oh shit moment was when she learned, once again, LF had been playing her all along, pitting sister against sister.

LF was helping to exaggerate those fears, Bran set the record straight. He also could have explained to Arya in more detail all that Sansa had gone through (speculation on my part). In the final scene, one in which the sisters have reconciled, Arya states to Sansa, "your right, I could have never gone through what you went through". So it's obvious that a reconciliation had happened. Sansa then reply's, "yes you could have, your the strongest person I know". That whole final scene makes zero sense when viewed in the context of your version of events. There would have been no need for a reconciliation, and no need to keep "acting" as LF was already dead. If your version of events were true, the girls would have been High fiving each other and congratulating each other on a job well done.
The fakes scenes being shot was common practice, not just for Jon's character.

So, you and this tabloid article want me to believe that the same Sansa that was disrespecting LF in the beginning of the season and hated him for selling her to the Boltons was again in the process of being fooled by him? A big part of him convincing her Arya wanted to kill her was making her believe Arya wanted to be Lady of Winterfell... and Sansa believed that? I don't see how.

While you say it doesn't make sense if it was a long con and only makes sense if it wasn't, I think in order to do that you have to play dumb and overlook a hell of a lot. For one thing, you say the ending scene with them is them reconciling after all that intense friction between them but, in truth, the ending scene is a lot like the scene between them in the beginning when Arya arrives. It's all the stuff in the middle that doesn't make sense. If it was as you and the tabloid say, I'd expect some apologies.

Bran meets with LF before Arya arrives and LF gives him the dagger which Bran seems to know all about. We're given the impression he has already done his research on LF when he has instant recall of the Chaos is a ladder thing. Regardless, both Bran and Sansa know of his crimes against the Starks but now Sansa, who he sold to the Boltons, is going to trust him again and let him manipulate her into believing Arya wants to kill her so she can be Lady of Winterfell? I can't believe that for a minute.

Then LF is going to trick the trained assassin and deceiver into finding the note he plants for her while sneaking a peak around the corner? Come on, man, can we be serious?

Arya, who knows of Sansa's hate for Joffrey from their first meeting, is then going to posit that Sansa betrayed their father and brother for her "dear Joffrey?" OMG, make it stop!

Then Sansa, who fears Arya is looking to kill her, sends her freak bodyguard, Brienne, away? Makes sense, huh?

Then the kicker, the article would have us believe Sansa bought everything in the following scene hook, line and sinker.

[video=youtube;XdpcyovK0ZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdpcyovK0ZU[/video]

Sansa is going to assume the worst about Arya cause the guy, she already knows for certain killed her uncle and aunt, told her to? And she really thinks her sister wants to be a Lady? If that sits well with you, then believe it. But for myself and most viewers, it doesn't make a lick of sense. If you were to look at those many episode reviews done on youtube, you'd find 99% were left with the impression it was a con by the girls all the way through. Why? Cause it's the only possible way it makes sense.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Did you guys know "commandership" doesn't appear in the dictionary?

I worry the Hawk might be a fucking idiot...

I literally showed you the definition of the word from two different dictionaries. Your attempt to insult me backfired on you and now you are doubling down on stupidity. Better marshal your ARMYS, little smart ass. Now THAT is not a word BTW. Maybe you can promote two of your stooges, #51 and TJ and give them Apprenticeships in your loon ARMIES.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just keep checking in to see if we've measured piss streams yet.

img58982668.jpg
Rhaegar did leave his barren wife cause he wanted a son who would be Azor Ahai. He became fixated on the Azor Ahai prophecy and first thought he was Azor so he learned to fight because as Ser Barristan had told Dany he didn't like to kill but since he believed he was Azor Ahai, he knew he had to learn to do it well.

Then he believed it was not him but one of his children who was Azor. He had 2 children with Elia before she could have no more. But the dragon has 3 heads so Rhaegar needed another and then he got another with Lyanna, one of Ice and Fire. His other 2 kids were killed by Mountain after Robert's victory. It leaves just Jon. But the dragon still has 3 heads. They need be Targaryen. They are Dany, Jon and Tyrion Lannister, son of the Mad King.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I literally showed you the definition of the word from two different dictionaries. Your attempt to insult me backfired on you and now you are doubling down on stupidity. Better marshal your ARMYS, little smart ass. Now THAT is not a word BTW. Maybe you can promote two of your stooges, #51 and TJ and give them Apprenticeships in your loon ARMIES.

You seem upset... FYI commander is in the dictionary, commandership is not.

Commandership is as much of a word as kickership or puntership, you cannot simply add ship to the end of anything and call it a word.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rhaegar did leave his barren wife cause he wanted a son who would be Azor Ahai. He became fixated on the Azor Ahai prophecy and first thought he was Azor so he learned to fight because as Ser Barristan had told Dany he didn't like to kill but since he believed he was Azor Ahai, he knew he had to learn to do it well.

Then he believed it was not him but one of his children who was Azor. He had 2 children with Elia before she could have no more. But the dragon has 3 heads so Rhaegar needed another and then he got another with Lyanna, one of Ice and Fire. His other 2 kids were killed by Mountain after Robert's victory. It leaves just Jon. But the dragon still has 3 heads. They need be Targaryen. They are Dany, Jon and Tyrion Lannister, son of the Mad King.

Are you speculating or is this fluff from RR Martin about Rhaegar and Azor Ahai?

It certainly wasn't laid out in the books.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The story doesn't make sense any way you slice it. Either Sansa is a fucking moron for almost falling for LF's shit again and for not asking about LF sooner or the tension was a ruse that IMO doesn't fit in story.

Ncog is simply so happy that his version of events is supported by the actor playing Bran that he doesn't see how stupid this revelation makes Sansa. She was literally ready to murder her own sister due to LF. All because for some inexplicable reason instead of asking Bran about LF earlier, she decides to wait until she is just about to kill Arya before she thinks, "Oh hey before I murder my sister based on something the dude that got me raped repeatedly said, let me talk to Bran."

It's simply not a well thought out plot. They simply wanted LF dead before Season 7 was over and did so in the most hamfisted and Special person way possible.

Disagree. I thought that scene was excellent. Yeah, if they had more time, it could may be done a little better but if they explained the intrigue more it would have made the scene in the great hall less poignant methinks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He makes up entire plot lines that don't exist, combines characters to create new creepy hybrid characters.

Making up words? That's like a light snack for The Hawk.

Oh look. #51 gets a call for help from Ares and this is all he can come up with. Pretty weak shit once again from the board light weight.