Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think KL gets partially torched by the ice dragon while NK is riding him but then Bronn kills his dragon and I do believe Jaime Kills Cersei before she can give the order to burn it all down with the wildfire.

If Bran wargs into one of the dragons I think it would just be for scouting purposes to see where it and the others are. I don’t actually see how he can take control of any as Dany and Jon will be in control of 2 and NK the other and unless Bran’s warging powers have increased 100 fold overnight, the NK has already shown he can break Bran out of it in an instant.

Jamie will not be the one to kill Cersei. Thats makes Arya's whole story line mute. At best Arya might Kill Cersei while wearing Jamie's face. JOn will have battled the NK and won or fought major battles in the North, so he will still be a hero, but he won't be the one that defeats the NK, that has always clearly been Brann's job. Protecting the North is Jon's job. Lightbringer is not a thing in the show, it has never been foreshadowed or mentioned, that is a book only prop.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Jamie will not be the one to kill Cersei. Thats makes Arya's whole story line mute. At best Arya might Kill Cersei while wearing Jamie's face. JOn will have battled the NK and won or fought major battles in the North, so he will still be a hero, but he won't be the one that defeats the NK, that has always clearly been Brann's job. Protecting the North is Jon's job. Lightbringer is not a thing in the show, it has never been foreshadowed or mentioned, that is a book only prop.

Damn, that's good. What do you predict in the story arc for Tyrion?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, that's good. What do you predict in the story arc for Tyrion?

I think he might be the one to betray Dany, he is also a possible Cersei slayer, maybe he redeems himself in some small part after the betrayal?

Cersei Flees KL, Euron is in charge at the very end.

Jamie dies a hero's death, fighting against the NK, possibly sacrifices himself saving Jon or Dany, completing his redemption arc. His final scene is him dieing in Breanne's arms. Afterwards, this would be when Arya harvests (?) his face.

WF falls, in a major battle, with huge loss's on each side. Jon and Dany survive, Mel has a role to play in this battle and prevents a defeat. I think it might get attacked twice, once by the NK, and then by the Golden Company, not sure on that though.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That theory about Arya killing Cersei with Jaime's face is old as dirt, I used to spew that nonsense too but it ain't right and cannot happen like that. Jaime will do the deed himself. Anything else would leave an empty feeling to it. Arya's Jon's favorite turd so it doesn't ruin her arc and imagine all the guards both Jaime and Hound have to get by to get to Cersei and Mountain. Arya will pave the way with different looks.

Crippled ass Bran cannot defeat the NK. He is far inferior to him. And you are dead wrong about Lightbringer. The prophecy of Azor Ahai and that sword has been told by Melisandre early on. "In the ancient books it's written that a warrior will draw a burning sword from the fire. And that sword shall be Lightbringer". Remember she believed Stannis to be Azor Ahai and after she said as I quoted he pulled the sword from the fire of the idols of the Seven. Much later when she knew she was wrong about Stannis being Azor Ahai, she said something to the effect that when she looks into the fire for Azor Ahai all she sees is Snow.

Protecting the North is no longer Jon's job. Protecting the living is.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That theory about Arya killing Cersei with Jaime's face is old as dirt, I used to spew that nonsense too but it ain't right and cannot happen like that. Jaime will do the deed himself. Anything else would leave an empty feeling to it. Arya's Jon's favorite turd so it doesn't ruin her arc and imagine all the guards both Jaime and Hound have to get by to get to Cersei and Mountain. Arya will pave the way with different looks.

Crippled ass Bran cannot defeat the NK. He is far inferior to him. And you are dead wrong about Lightbringer. The prophecy of Azor Ahai and that sword has been told by Melisandre early on. "In the ancient books it's written that a warrior will draw a burning sword from the fire. And that sword shall be Lightbringer". Remember she believed Stannis to be Azor Ahai and after she said as I quoted he pulled the sword from the fire of the idols of the Seven. Much later when she knew she was wrong about Stannis being Azor Ahai, she said something to the effect that when she looks into the fire for Azor Ahai all she sees is Snow.

Protecting the North is no longer Jon's job. Protecting the living is.

Except the actors and actress's that play the Hound, Breanne, and Arya have spent quite some time filming on the KL set, While the actor that plays Jamie has spent all his time on the WF set.

I don't think the Light-bringer prophecy is to be taken literally, as is often the case with Prophecy. It is to be taken metaphorically, and Jon doesn't wield light-bringer, he is light-bringer. The sacrifice has already been made, his mother died at childbirth (Lyanna-Nissa Nissa). It very well could be Jon is Azor Ahai (but Rhaegar fits better in this scenario), while Bran is the prince that was promised/Last hero/whatever (note Jon is a king, not a prince). Both have roles to play, but your greatly diminished role for Bran in upcoming events, well, it ain't gonna play out that way.

Remember, in prophecy, Azor Ahai tried to forge light bringer three times, failing the first two times.

Rhaegar had three children, two with his first wife, Elia (the two failures) and one with Lyanna.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/fire-and-blood-george-r-r-martin/1128549712?ean=9781524796280

Anyone buying this? I’m thinking of skipping it. That fat fuck hasn’t finished the main story yet and he wastes time on this so he can pump up a new show when hbo finishes the original story for him. I like how they did the potter franchise where they finished the main story and came out with other stories after

Not going to buy this. I have been waiting years for the bastard to finish.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
That said my mom will probably buy it, so I will probably read it. Lol.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except the actors and actress's that play the Hound, Breanne, and Arya have spent quite some time filming on the KL set, While the actor that plays Jamie has spent all his time on the WF set.

I don't think the Light-bringer prophecy is to be taken literally, as is often the case with Prophecy. It is to be taken metaphorically, and Jon doesn't wield light-bringer, he is light-bringer. The sacrifice has already been made, his mother died at childbirth (Lyanna-Nissa Nissa). It very well could be Jon is Azor Ahai (but Rhaegar fits better in this scenario), while Bran is the prince that was promised/Last hero/whatever (note Jon is a king, not a prince). Both have roles to play, but your greatly diminished role for Bran in upcoming events, well, it ain't gonna play out that way.

Remember, in prophecy, Azor Ahai tried to forge light bringer three times, failing the first two times.

Rhaegar had three children, two with his first wife, Elia (the two failures) and one with Lyanna.
I don't know who's been filming where, haven't followed that at all or seen the latest fan theories but the fan theories you've been mentioning have been out there for quite a while. There's a couple of things you say that do make sense and I could see it happening although I don't think it's the best way for the show to go. But those things are just fluff so they don't matter much to the 2 major points of the story which are who is the Azor Ahai who will forge lightbringer to take out the NK and who sits on the Iron Throne in the end. Both those 2 central points point to nobody other than Jon "not Snow" Targaryen. Rest assured Lightbringer is not a metaphor but rather the sword required to take out the Night King.

Yeah, I could see Arya or Tyrion killing Cersei but it just wouldn't be the same or as impactful as having Jaime do it would. I do think Tyrion will turn on Danyreus, not that he always planned to but when the fight comes to his city where his family ruled for so long and he fought nearly to the death, he will turn. So those 2 things you claim I'd say have a somewhat good chance of happening.

As for me giving Bran a diminished role, I don't think I do. It's just that the fan theories you've adopted as your own give him a far greater role than was ever intended in this story. His role, as 3 eyed raven, is one of intel and the guidance he provides with the information only he knows. He's certainly not a fighter and there is no sensible way he can be seen as the one who defeats the NK. He could, and might, warg into one of the dragons but it won't be while the NK is in the same area cause we already know the NK can snap him out of that warging quick as he pleases. Might see a scenario in which he wargs into 1 of Dany's 2 remaining dragons while they are not being ridden by Jon and/or Danyreus and while so doing he could save some major characters from an attack of part of the dead army. But it could not be used against NK cause not only can NK stop his warging but the fire would have no effect on him so there is no sensible way Bran could defeat him.

So we get back to the 2 main focal points of the story, I've already stated how Danyreus will adopt the same thinking as Jon and leave the Iron Throne in ruins and make it no longer a thing so none can rule from it again and each kingdom can rule themselves. As for the AA prophecy, to believe the Azor Ahai prophecy, or any part of it, is not all important in the destruction of the NK, is to completely discount the character of Mel. There would be no need for the character at all. She has been all about finding the prince that was promised. She thought it was Stannis, it was not but that journey lead her to Jon Snow who she brought back from the dead. She is now convinced Jon is Azor Ahai. The only part of the AA prophecy that is hard to believe Jon can fulfill is the sacrifice required. He is not the type who would ever sacrifice someone's life for his own good for any reason but it all fits when you look at how it has unfolded in the show. The sacrifice required is not a sacrifice of statues of false gods in a fire or the sacrifice of an innocent child (2 times the forging failed). The sword is not forged by a literal fire but from the fire of another's soul.

Still can't see the Jon Snow we know plunging a sword though the soul of a person to forge Lightbringer. Only Melisandre makes sense here. Having been warned by Jon that he would kill her for the crime of burning that innocent child alive if she ever returned, the stage was set. Having been warned, Mel still says she must return to die... and she will. When she went to the Night's Watch, Mel told Davos she will do anything Jon Snow says cause he is the Prince that was promised. She also repeatedly tells Jon that she can help him defeat the Night King. Here's how it will go down. The time for the prophetic battle comes and Bran tells Jon he must forge the sword by driving it through Melisandre. She is taken back at first but then submits to the process. Jon, hesitant as well, but with doom impending he plunges the sword through her and Lightbringer is forged and he fights the NK with it ultimately destroying him.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
His role, as 3 eyed raven, is one of intel and the guidance he provides with the information only he knows. He's certainly not a fighter and there is no sensible way he can be seen as the one who defeats the NK. He could, and might, warg into one of the dragons but it won't be while the NK is in the same area cause we already know the NK can snap him out of that warging quick as he pleases.

None of us know what Bran is capable of, Bran doesn't know what he is capable of. He is an irritating character, but as far as I can tell he is the second most powerful being on that planet, behind only the NK. The NK has been at it a little longer than Bran, who knows by next season maybe Bran is snapping the NK out of warging.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Spartan turns into remy on GoT...

If you disagree with Remy on GOT he turns into a jet fueled, monkey navigated Remy.

[video=youtube;kwHXaimLFrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwHXaimLFrE[/video]

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know who's been filming where, haven't followed that at all or seen the latest fan theories but the fan theories you've been mentioning have been out there for quite a while. There's a couple of things you say that do make sense and I could see it happening although I don't think it's the best way for the show to go. But those things are just fluff so they don't matter much to the 2 major points of the story which are who is the Azor Ahai who will forge lightbringer to take out the NK and who sits on the Iron Throne in the end. Both those 2 central points point to nobody other than Jon "not Snow" Targaryen. Rest assured Lightbringer is not a metaphor but rather the sword required to take out the Night King.

First of all, I never had said that Jon won't be the one to kill the NK. Not at all, I think he will. There can be more than one hero in this story after all. The debate is how much of an active participant Bran will be, and what is his role. For instance, Bran could stop the NK's army, while Jon actually is the one to kill the NK. And there isn't any trope as old as the "lightbringer" crap. Jon doesn't know about the sword, seems like Mel would have informed him of it's importance don't you think? All the signs point to a division between Jon and Dany upon learning of Jon's true parents, not some love sick puppy forced to plunge a silly sword not heard of since season 2 (yeah, I did forget about the Stannis scene) into Dany's chest. Not going to happen, not without 100k Dothraki and a thousand unsullied instantly killing Jon, not to mention the dragon.

Yeah, I could see Arya or Tyrion killing Cersei but it just wouldn't be the same or as impactful as having Jaime do it would. I do think Tyrion will turn on Danyreus, not that he always planned to but when the fight comes to his city where his family ruled for so long and he fought nearly to the death, he will turn. So those 2 things you claim I'd say have a somewhat good chance of happening.

Ask yourself this, which have been given more screen time, Arya's development into a killing machine, and her "list", or a few mentions of the valanquor prophecy (which btw doesn't need to be Jamie to be fulfilled)?

As for me giving Bran a diminished role, I don't think I do. It's just that the fan theories you've adopted as your own

I never claimed they were my own, quite the opposite. I gave credit and provided links. The discussion is how possible are they?

give him a far greater role than was ever intended in this story.

Quite the opposite, your giving him a far smaller role than suggested in the book. Have you forgotten that "Bran" was the first chapter in the first book?

His role, as 3 eyed raven, is one of intel and the guidance he provides with the information only he knows. He's certainly not a fighter and there is no sensible way he can be seen as the one who defeats the NK.

Bran can be a fighter if the situation calls for it. We seen this in the cave sequence when he warged into Hordor. Warging into a dragon is not that far fetched.

He could, and might, warg into one of the dragons but it won't be while the NK is in the same area cause we already know the NK can snap him out of that warging quick as he pleases.

I never said the NK would be in the same area. I allow for it's possibility, yes, but have not definitively said Bran would be the one to kill the NK, rather he will be the one to stop the NK, leaving him vulnerable.

Might see a scenario in which he wargs into 1 of Dany's 2 remaining dragons while they are not being ridden by Jon and/or Danyreus and while so doing he could save some major characters from an attack of part of the dead army. But it could not be used against NK cause not only can NK stop his warging but the fire would have no effect on him so there is no sensible way Bran could defeat him.

The Nk stopping Bran from warging is not a given, Brann's powers have become much stronger. Remind me of when the Nk stopped Bran from warging in the past?

So we get back to the 2 main focal points of the story, I've already stated how Danyreus will adopt the same thinking as Jon and leave the Iron Throne in ruins and make it no longer a thing so none can rule from it again and each kingdom can rule themselves.

That's possible, unlikely, but possible.

As for the AA prophecy, to believe the Azor Ahai prophecy, or any part of it, is not all important in the destruction of the NK, is to completely discount the character of Mel. There would be no need for the character at all. She has been all about finding the prince that was promised.

You mean the one she brought back to life? I guess that was no big deal. Why didn't she tell Jon about Lightbringer then? Don't you find that odd?

She thought it was Stannis, it was not but that journey lead her to Jon Snow who she brought back from the dead. She is now convinced Jon is Azor Ahai.

So Mel has gotten prophecy wrong before, but in the case of Lightbringer, she is correct? is that what your saying?

The only part of the AA prophecy that is hard to believe Jon can fulfill is the sacrifice required.

The sacrifice was given, at his childbirth.

He is not the type who would ever sacrifice someone's life for his own good for any reason but it all fits when you look at how it has unfolded in the show.

Killing Dany and his unborne child, making himself a kingslayer, a kinslayer, and god knows what else. I don't think so. or by killing Mel, who Jon has no feelings for at all, and in fact has already threatened to kill if he is to see her again.

The sacrifice required is not a sacrifice of statues of false gods in a fire or the sacrifice of an innocent child (2 times the forging failed). The sword is not forged by a literal fire but from the fire of another's soul.

metaphore

Still can't see the Jon Snow we know plunging a sword though the soul of a person to forge Lightbringer. Only Melisandre makes sense here. Having been warned by Jon that he would kill her for the crime of burning that innocent child alive if she ever returned, the stage was set. Having been warned, Mel still says she must return to die...

Agreed, my guess it happens at the battle of WF.

and she will. When she went to the Night's Watch, Mel told Davos she will do anything Jon Snow says cause he is the Prince that was promised. She also repeatedly tells Jon that she can help him defeat the Night King. Here's how it will go down. The time for the prophetic battle comes and Bran tells Jon he must forge the sword by driving it through Melisandre. She is taken back at first but then submits to the process. Jon, hesitant as well, but with doom impending he plunges the sword through her and Lightbringer is forged and he fights the NK with it ultimately destroying him.

Melisandra is not to Jon, what Nissa Nissa was to Azor Ahai. There is no great personal sacrifice to Jon in killing Mel, in fact he has told her if he were to ever see her again, he would do just that. With B&B it's plausable I guess, but would be terrible.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
None of us know what Bran is capable of, Bran doesn't know what he is capable of. He is an irritating character, but as far as I can tell he is the second most powerful being on that planet, behind only the NK. The NK has been at it a little longer than Bran, who knows by next season maybe Bran is snapping the NK out of warging.
When last we watched, Brans warging thing was no match for the NK and the wall had already been breached. No time for Bran to catch up with NK. You people are looking for a finish that makes no sense.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When last we watched, Brans warging thing was no match for the NK and the wall had already been breached. No time for Bran to catch up with NK. You people are looking for a finish that makes no sense.

You know more about the progression of Brans powers than the rest of us, although I'm not sure what exactly makes you such an expert.

I know how far he progressed last season, maybe you're right and that progression will come to a screeching halt all of a sudden. I don't think that will happen, none of us know.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That said my mom will probably buy it, so I will probably read it. Lol.
Haha I told my bro if he got the book when he is done with it I will keep it in the bathroom and read it whenever I’m taking a shit other then that I’m out!

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Haha I told my bro if he got the book when he is done with it I will keep it in the bathroom and read it whenever I’m taking a shit other then that I’m out!

Quite the line in the sand sir.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
First of all, I never had said that Jon won't be the one to kill the NK. Not at all, I think he will. There can be more than one hero in this story after all. The debate is how much of an active participant Bran will be, and what is his role. For instance, Bran could stop the NK's army, while Jon actually is the one to kill the NK. And there isn't any trope as old as the "lightbringer" crap.
Don't think Bran will have much, if any, impact in the actual fighting. If he stops anything hopefully he stops being such an annoying character.
Jon doesn't know about the sword, seems like Mel would have informed him of it's importance don't you think?
Jon doesn't need to know about the sword. Stannis didn't know about it til right before Mel told him to grab it from the fire. What's in a name? It's the hero's sword required to kill NK. When Jon is told to plunge his sword through Mel and then this great shiny hot sword is forged, those who have paid attention will know it's Lightbringer and that Jon is Azor Ahai.
All the signs point to a division between Jon and Dany upon learning of Jon's true parents
Ridiculous. Jon will not let his child be a bastard and Dany will be far less affected by it than he would be. They'll let it go and move on together and be what they were meant to be, the 2 main heroes of this story.
not some love sick puppy forced to plunge a silly sword not heard of since season 2 (yeah, I did forget about the Stannis scene) into Dany's chest. Not going to happen, not without 100k Dothraki and a thousand unsullied instantly killing Jon, not to mention the dragon.
Why in the fuck would Jon plunge the sword into Dany's chest? I've never suggested such a stupid thing. Merely pointed to another dumb fan theory that did. It will definitely be Mel who he plunges the sword through.
Ask yourself this, which have been given more screen time, Arya's development into a killing machine, and her "list", or a few mentions of the valanquor prophecy (which btw doesn't need to be Jamie to be fulfilled)?
Maggie was right about the other stuff and Arya's killing list seemed to have some errors in it. Or do you think she really wants to kill the Hound?
I never claimed they were my own, quite the opposite. I gave credit and provided links. The discussion is how possible are they?
Not very and for a lot of them, no chance at all. Just silly fan theories that make no sense at all to anyone who has been paying attention.
Quite the opposite, your giving him a far smaller role than suggested in the book. Have you forgotten that "Bran" was the first chapter in the first book?
have you forgotten Bran isn't Bran anymore?
Bran can be a fighter if the situation calls for it.
Hahaha. No he can't.
We seen this in the cave sequence when he warged into Hordor. Warging into a dragon is not that far fetched.
You mean the guy whose head Bran fucked up and cost him his life? Selfish fuckin' brat.
I never said the NK would be in the same area. I allow for it's possibility, yes, but have not definitively said Bran would be the one to kill the NK, rather he will be the one to stop the NK, leaving him vulnerable.
Bran has nothing on the NK. There is no way he could possibly stop the NK himself.
The Nk stopping Bran from warging is not a given, Brann's powers have become much stronger. Remind me of when the Nk stopped Bran from warging in the past?
[video=youtube;qSJQiY5nLGc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSJQiY5nLGc[/video]
That's possible, unlikely, but possible.

You mean the one she brought back to life? I guess that was no big deal. Why didn't she tell Jon about Lightbringer then? Don't you find that odd?
Wasn't odd the other time you asked and still isn't at all.
So Mel has gotten prophecy wrong before, but in the case of Lightbringer, she is correct? is that what your saying?
Mel didn't get the prophecy wrong at all. She was wrong about who she thought was Azor Ahai but now she has been lead to the one who truly is. None of that does anything to discount the prophecy about a hero who wields the hero's sword to destroy NK. Again, if you want to discount the prophecy and say it is unimportant, you may as well leave the Melisandre character out of it altogether cause nothing she's said or done would be of any importance.
The sacrifice was given, at his childbirth.

Killing Dany and his unborne child, making himself a kingslayer, a kinslayer, and god knows what else. I don't think so. or by killing Mel, who Jon has no feelings for at all, and in fact has already threatened to kill if he is to see her again.

metaphore

Agreed, my guess it happens at the battle of WF.
What the what? Why does the one you sacrifice have to be a loved one? Now, that is a legend taken only from the book. Have you noticed Mel is not just your average person? I mean she's hundreds of years old and dealt in some crazy magic. There is a big difference between that which is prophecy and that which was legend so no need to confuse the two.
Melisandra is not to Jon, what Nissa Nissa was to Azor Ahai. There is no great personal sacrifice to Jon in killing Mel, in fact he has told her if he were to ever see her again, he would do just that. With B&B it's plausable I guess, but would be terrible.
Don't think the show has made any mention of Nissa Nissa. Again, it would just be legend and have nothing to do with what is to come.

All we know in the show is that Mel speaks of this great hero (Azor Ahai) who will forge a great sword (Lightbringer) and defeat the NK. Where I believe it will be shown Mel has messed up the prophecy a bit is the way she uses Azor Ahai and the Prince/Princess that was promised interchangeably.

While Melisandre is now certain Jon is Azor Ahai, Kinvara is just as certain that Danyreus is the Princess that was promised. Neither has to be wrong because both can be right. Both Jon and Dany are needed to defeat the dead. While Jon is the one who warns all and unites and readies them for the coming attack as well as being the one who will ultimately put the NK down, the living allies would have no hope of defending themselves against the army of the dead without Dany's dragons and army.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I kinda doubt he ever will,

Yeah me too hence my only hope being once the show wraps up and the hype is gone, he gets down to business and finishes the book. Need to get him off that HBO money.