Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Someone convince me to try watching this again... I've watched the first few episodes but just haven't been able to get into it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone convince me to try watching this again... I've watched the first few episodes but just haven't been able to get into it.

You really have to watch the first season, almost entirely, before you get hooked.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I couldn't finish the first episode. Tried a few times.

I blame Terry Brooks and The Sword of Shannara for that

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is exactly why I have yet to pick up a book of RR Martin's series... Not until it is complete. I got burned badly when Jordan died before his Wheel of Time series ended. Even with 2 additional books to end the series (there was suppose to be only 1 more) it felt rushed as hell considering what Jordan had written. If he finishes the series I'll pick it up and read. My bet, he kicks it before he finishes it.

I have read all the books, but since the show has long surpassed them I have very little incentive to finish the written series. Kinda like him

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

I had to watch the first 2-3 episodes a few times before I decided to give the rest of the season a chance. Around the 5th episode I was glad I did.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

First 3-4 books in the Shannara Series were great... Got a bit odd after that though....

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First 3-4 books in the Shannara Series were great... Got a bit odd after that though....

First book made a good projectile about half way through. Other than that, Terry Brooks is awful.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
If you're going to go off of the first few episodes you're doing yourself a great disservice. The character intro lines are beginning to be set, but where the show goes from there you can't really even imagine. The show you watch in the first few episodes, is not not the show you end up with. It constantly changes and the story line/character development will hook you in.

Even say seasons 1-3 and 4-current there's major development of characters from childhood to adulthood.

Once the original turmoil begins it runs from there. Have to wait until that hits the fan.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Came back in here to see if anyone had some theories on the new trailer that was released.

None of this is spoilers. All speculation. Unless people consider trailers spoilers...

Any thoughts on the statues that were there? They looked surprised to see them, which was really odd.

Also, that John was the only old one, and Bran wasn't a statue. That bc he's the raven, or bc he's the night king? Is that Bran approaching as the night king? Is it all a vision or is it reality?

Sooo many questions.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
First book made a good projectile about half way through. Other than that, Terry Brooks is awful.

I can't speak for the books, but the show based on them was pretty much the worst thing I've ever watched. "The Shannara Chronicles".

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Came back in here to see if anyone had some theories on the new trailer that was released.

None of this is spoilers. All speculation. Unless people consider trailers spoilers...

Any thoughts on the statues that were there? They looked surprised to see them, which was really odd.

Also, that John was the only old one, and Bran wasn't a statue. That bc he's the raven, or bc he's the night king? Is that Bran approaching as the night king? Is it all a vision or is it reality?

Sooo many questions.

People are making way too much of that trailer. For a point of reference, remember the season 6 trailer?

[video=youtube;FVh6W2V5zcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVh6W2V5zcI[/video]

I think Jon's statue was just worse, not older. The interesting thing was no Brann statue. The only take you can come away with is that Winter and the NK is coming to WF.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sooo many questions.
No spoiler here. Seems like they picked the least spoilery thing possible. This is all nothing more but a lead up to what all already know is coming. It's all about Jon's lineage. As they walk past the other statues you hear the voices of all those tied to him from the beginning. You first hear the voice of his real mother, Lyanna, from when she told Ned, "you have to protect him" as she lay dying fearing if any knew who Jon's real father was, he'd be killed. Then the feather, that Robert Baratheon left with the statue of Lyanna, falls. The next voice heard is Catlyn's as she blames the horror that has come to her family on the fact she couldn't love Jon, who was seen by her as a constant reminder of Ned's infidelity. The next voice is Ned's from when he last saw Jon and told him "you are a Stark, you might not have my name but you have my blood." That is true as Lyanna was the sister of Ned. After that line was when Ned promised Jon he'd tell him about his real mother the next time he saw him but he never saw him again before he died.

Don't think the statues or Bran's absence means anything as this just looks like an extended scene put together solely for this promo.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No spoiler here. Seems like they picked the least spoilery thing possible. This is all nothing more but a lead up to what all already know is coming. It's all about Jon's lineage. As they walk past the other statues you hear the voices of all those tied to him from the beginning. You first hear the voice of his real mother, Lyanna, from when she told Ned, "you have to protect him" as she lay dying fearing if any knew who Jon's real father was, he'd be killed. Then the feather, that Robert Baratheon left with the statue of Lyanna, falls. The next voice heard is Catlyn's as she blames the horror that has come to her family on the fact she couldn't love Jon, who was seen by her as a constant reminder of Ned's infidelity. The next voice is Ned's from when he last saw Jon and told him "you are a Stark, you might not have my name but you have my blood." That is true as Lyanna was the sister of Ned. After that line was when Ned promised Jon he'd tell him about his real mother the next time he saw him but he never saw him again before he died.

Don't think the statues or Bran's absence means anything as this just looks like an extended scene put together solely for this promo.

Yeah, I don't think this was a scene from an episode, I think it was filmed strictly for the trailer.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think your right, but I wouldn't rule out a scene in the crypts shortly after Jon learns of his true parentage.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No room on the boat for Brienne's oversized ass. She'll hear of Jaime leaving and go on horseback to catch up with him. Bronn will meet up with jaime shortly into the final season and he will be fighting the army of the dead. Jon will be giving out free dragonglass weapons for all.

You can hate the Arya w/Jaime's face narrative all you want. It's still gonna happen. She'll wear gloves. Since she will dispose of Cunt Cersei quickly, she'll have time to help Hound, who is losing to Mountain. She'll stick a needle in both of Mountain's eyes.

Everybody expects Jon to die and be the sacrificial lamb... so can't do that. I do think he'll die again in battle but they'll keep Beric around long enough to bring him back again. A Daeneyrs death hits just as hard if not harder. Her deathbed request that Jon take the throne leaves the dragon raised by wolves with no choice but to do so.

In the one official footage of Season 8, we see Jon and Dany arriving at WF. In the background we see Brienne. How was it possible for Brienne to beat them there?

Also, thoros is dead, so no bringing back Jon.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In the one official footage of Season 8, we see Jon and Dany arriving at WF. In the background we see Brienne. How was it possible for Brienne to beat them there?

Also, thoros is dead, so no bringing back Jon.

Melisandre has been exiled but she is still alive.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Yeah I’m probably reaching, but it got my wheels turning.