Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The sword is probably in the crypts in the tomb of the stark that ended the long night

I think when Samwell sees the dagger, he will remember seeing it before in the books. This was setup for a reason.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The sword is probably in the crypts in the tomb of the stark that ended the long night
The sword never existed before. If it did, the NK wouldn't still be around, he'd already have been destroyed. A deal was made with him to prevent war. The promise now broken and only a prophecy that speaks of what is to come. All have struggled to translate that prophecy. Now, Bran, the 3 eyed Raven, will know it's all about Jon and thus will be able to tell Jon, not only that he is the rightful Targaryen heir to the throne, but exactly where he needs to be and what he needs to do to destroy the NK.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The sword never existed before. If it did, the NK wouldn't still be around, he'd already have been destroyed. A deal was made with him to prevent war. The promise now broken and only a prophecy that speaks of what is to come. All have struggled to translate that prophecy. Now, Bran, the 3 eyed Raven, will know it's all about Jon and thus will be able to tell Jon, not only that he is the rightful Targaryen heir to the throne, but exactly where he needs to be and what he needs to do to destroy the NK.

Huh?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's all been a tale, a prophecy about how the NK would be destroyed passed down from generation to generation. It's not known that every detail of the prophecy is correct. That's why Jon doesn't have to drive it through his love's heart as the prophecy suggest. People have been assuming it's a story that happened in the past. It never could have happened or the NK would have been destroyed when it did. Merely ever a prophecy of what was to come and why Rhaegar was so hung up on having the son who would be Azor Ahai. He did have that son before he died. Now his son will do everything I told you he will do.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's all been a tale, a prophecy about how the NK would be destroyed passed down from generation to generation. It's not known that every detail of the prophecy is correct. That's why Jon doesn't have to drive it through his love's heart as the prophecy suggest. People have been assuming it's a story that happened in the past. It never could have happened or the NK would have been destroyed when it did. Merely ever a prophecy of what was to come and why Rhaegar was so hung up on having the son who would be Azor Ahai. He did have that son before he died. Now his son will do everything I told you he will do.

Yeah, but no, it existed. So then everything about it's creation, Nissa Nissa, all a myth?

This one is out there........

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but no, it existed. So then everything about it's creation, Nissa Nissa, all a myth?

This one is out there........
I really don't remember but am thinking Nissa Nissa was more a thing in the book and not the show. Was there even any mention of Nissa Nissa in the show? Nissa or Nyssa is a name that exists in many different cultures. In Arabic, the word simply means "woman" so you could translate that as Jon having to drive his sword through the breast of a woman.

I think everything that is going to happen in the end was all foreshadowed in the show. Think Theon and Jaime gain redemption and it will indeed be Jaime's hands wrapped around Cersei's throat and not some trickery with Arya. Think Bronn will again try his hand at taking out a flying dragon, this time the dead one NK rides.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The crypts are important. Allot of the importance you have to follow old nan tales to bran. It reads like myth in book one like stories you tell children. But as the got seasons go on we see giants exist, white walkers exist, etc. old nan has pretty much fore shadowed everything. So going back to tales of the winter fell crypts there is something important there cause there have been so many times it’s a focal point in the book/show. The first episode king Robert and ned are there.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The crypts are important. Allot of the importance you have to follow old nan tales to bran. It reads like myth in book one like stories you tell children. But as the got seasons go on we see giants exist, white walkers exist, etc. old nan has pretty much fore shadowed everything. So going back to tales of the winter fell crypts there is something important there cause there have been so many times it’s a focal point in the book/show. The first episode king Robert and ned are there.
Just statues and memories there.... and maybe an escape route. Jon has the sword he needs. Arya has the dagger they need.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't remember but am thinking Nissa Nissa was more a thing in the book and not the show. Was there even any mention of Nissa Nissa in the show? Nissa or Nyssa is a name that exists in many different cultures. In Arabic, the word simply means "woman" so you could translate that as Jon having to drive his sword through the breast of a woman.

Not sure I follow, are you saying that it happened in the book, but will have been a myth in the show?

I think everything that is going to happen in the end was all foreshadowed in the show. Think Theon and Jaime gain redemption and it will indeed be Jaime's hands wrapped around Cersei's throat and not some trickery with Arya. Think Bronn will again try his hand at taking out a flying dragon, this time the dead one NK rides.

We argued about Arya last year, with you insisting Arya would be the one to kill Cersei. I take it you have had a change of heart? And yes, both Theon and Jamie will get redemption (two years ago I had an argument with Remy about Jamies "redemption arc") but will both ultimately die. I really hope your right about Bronn, but I fear he might stick with Cersei right until the last minute.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure I follow, are you saying that it happened in the book, but will have been a myth in the show?

We argued about Arya last year, with you insisting Arya would be the one to kill Cersei. I take it you have had a change of heart? And yes, both Theon and Jamie will get redemption (two years ago I had an argument with Remy about Jamies "redemption arc") but will both ultimately die. I really hope your right about Bronn, but I fear he might stick with Cersei right until the last minute.
I was saying I'm not sure there was even a mention of Nissa Nissa in the show. That might be taken strictly from the books so wouldn't expect the show to do anything with it at this point.

Changed my tune with Cersei's death. It will happen exactly as Maggie said it would. When in doubt, the simplest most likely answer seems the wiser choice. Much been said about Jaime not being able to pull it off cause of the golden hand but, no matter, it's still a hand of sorts and can be used to choke the life out of her. He'll also inform Jon and company about Cersei's plans which will all lead to her very quick defeat after the NK is disposed of.

Bronn goes with Jaime and then, in the end.... it's Bronn with the kill shot.... using Arya's dagger on the NK's dragon.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was hoping The Mountain would find love and live happily ever after....

No one see's that happening?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was hoping The Mountain would find love and live happily ever after....

No one see's that happening?

I want to see his face, I'm thinking Deadpool X 1000.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Anyone rewatching before the new season? I’m on season 5 right now

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dead man walking...literally.

Fer srs tho, other than Jon fighting Night King, I think Mountain vs Hound rematch is the top fight I wanna see.

Everytime I've rewatched season 1 I get mad when Robert stops them lol

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fer srs tho, other than Jon fighting Night King, I think Mountain vs Hound rematch is the top fight I wanna see.

Everytime I've rewatched season 1 I get mad when Robert stops them lol
I look forward to the same as well as the King slayer becoming the Queen slayer. People are sleeping on Maggie the Frog's prophecy, but it basically tells the whole story as far as how this ends. Dany will not die, she's the younger more beautiful Queen who will cast Cersei down. To do that you have to know she, her dragons, and Jon will all make it through the war against the army of the dead cause they wouldn't go after Cersei and the Iron Throne until they were done with NK and his army. Considering the war against NK will take up most of the short season, leaves very little time to blow right through KL's defenses so they must still be at full strength. Then the last part of the prophecy is fulfilled as Jaime's hands are wrapped around Cersei's neck and he chokes the life out of her.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I look forward to the same as well as the King slayer becoming the Queen slayer. People are sleeping on Maggie the Frog's prophecy, but it basically tells the whole story as far as how this ends. Dany will not die, she's the younger more beautiful Queen who will cast Cersei down. To do that you have to know she, her dragons, and Jon will all make it through the war against the army of the dead cause they wouldn't go after Cersei and the Iron Throne until they were done with NK and his army. Considering the war against NK will take up most of the short season, leaves very little time to blow right through KL's defenses so they must still be at full strength. Then the last part of the prophecy is fulfilled as Jaime's hands are wrapped around Cersei's neck and he chokes the life out of her.

In the TV show Maggy makes no reference to Cersei's death. In the books Maggy does.

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maggy_the_Frog

"Valonqar is High Valyrian for "little brother".

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Valonqar

Tyrion is also Cersei's little brother.

In the TV show Maggy says this.

"Cersei asked if she and the king would have children. Maggy cryptically replied that the king would have 20 children, but Cersei would have only three. Cersei didn't think that made sense (not realizing that a king can have bastard children), but Maggy continued to say of her three children that gold would be their crowns, and gold their burial shrouds, implying that all of Cersei's children would predecease her."

That's it, no mention of her death.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Maggy