Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
In the one official footage of Season 8, we see Jon and Dany arriving at WF. In the background we see Brienne. How was it possible for Brienne to beat them there?

Also, thoros is dead, so no bringing back Jon.
Not sure who went with who now. Don't remember what I was thinking back then. :lol: Wasn't thinking of Thoros bringing back Jon. Mel will return but Jon told her if he dies again, not to bring him back so thinking it would be someone else. At that time I was thinking it would be Beric. Read something back then in reference to the books where Lady Stoneheart was brought to life when Beric gave her the kiss of life. When the show didn't do the Lady Stoneheart thing it was thought that Jon would then be the one Beric brought back to life. Beric would die after passing on his flame of life though. The popular theory was Lady Stoneheart would be brought back and then it would be her that gave Jon the kiss of life. No doubt would have made for a more meaningful and powerful scene but no Lady Stoneheart here.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
But she will die early in the season is my guess, she her self said she would return to die in Westeros.

So, still alive, cool.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Someone convince me to try watching this again... I've watched the first few episodes but just haven't been able to get into it.

beside just saying you should check it out for a good story i'ma tell you that every character is pretty much amazing beside for Sansa, and the fact that everyone including myself loves some Tyrion Lannister the Imp..so i'm not gonna talk about that amazing character but these following guys is worth it.

#1 OBERYN MARTELL aka the Red Viper Played by Pedro Pascal, He's also is in Narcos. Bad Mufukka. This is all that needs to be said of him.
IbYYk0l.gif

Ser Barrristan Selmy. doesn't fight much but he is/was the most respected man in the Seven Kingdoms.

THE HOUND aka Sandor Clegane just cause he'll eat your chicken and rape your corpse if you don't have blood on your sword. The Hound has a bother called The Mountain (The Mountain that moves).

Stannis Baratheon. "GO ON ...DO YOUR DUTY." Stannis is just a boss, He's a man's Man. (do your duty and watch this show)

You'll be hooked after the first season I don't want to spoil it for you.. you never seen a show like this until you see the red wedding at the end of season 3, I read the books before this show/episode knowing what was gonna happen..I Just Sat There and the ever creepy/very telling song "Rains of Castamere" plays during the end, all 9 of us just sat there in silent absolutely EPIC....they did a great job with that episode every episode is pretty much great/epic afterwards..

https://imgur.com/a/UDH3OcB

a pic of my G.O.T trophy for Fantasy Football it old of course but i haven't won it back yet tho i did win twice in back to back seasons, i figure i'll post it here.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Came back in here to see if anyone had some theories on the new trailer that was released.

None of this is spoilers. All speculation. Unless people consider trailers spoilers...

Any thoughts on the statues that were there? They looked surprised to see them, which was really odd.

Also, that John was the only old one, and Bran wasn't a statue. That bc he's the raven, or bc he's the night king? Is that Bran approaching as the night king? Is it all a vision or is it reality?

Sooo many questions.

The Night King's
The Night King's wife(The Night Queen) is buried beneath Winterfell (rumoured)...

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
In the one official footage of Season 8, we see Jon and Dany arriving at WF. In the background we see Brienne. How was it possible for Brienne to beat them there?

Also, thoros is dead, so no bringing back Jon.

Wrong, Thoros dead doesn't mean that...
Beric Dondarrion can stab Jon Snow with the The flaming sword (LightBringer) to bring him back for one last time in exchange for his own life...or the flame could/would just revive jon snow/tragaryen because Jon snow is a Dragon/targaryen. ooooOR beric can fall in battle and then jon could pick up lightbringer and Jon Snow is/becomes the prince that was Promised aka Azor Ahia.

more..from the books that i had to look up and copy cause i can't remember the exact words..
"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah I’m probably reaching, but it got my wheels turning.

Queen Daenerys Targaryen fans are gonna be pissed this season...
she basically wasted all 8 season for the throne

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not sure who went with who now. Don't remember what I was thinking back then. :lol: Wasn't thinking of Thoros bringing back Jon. Mel will return but Jon told her if he dies again, not to bring him back so thinking it would be someone else. At that time I was thinking it would be Beric. Read something back then in reference to the books where Lady Stoneheart was brought to life when Beric gave her the kiss of life. When the show didn't do the Lady Stoneheart thing it was thought that Jon would then be the one Beric brought back to life. Beric would die after passing on his flame of life though. The popular theory was Lady Stoneheart would be brought back and then it would be her that gave Jon the kiss of life. No doubt would have made for a more meaningful and powerful scene but no Lady Stoneheart here.

Lightbringer the sword is still in the show (which has the elements of life-giving), Stoneheart isn't(which they should of brought her back) but we all know that (total robbery). Only Thoros of Myr is able to use the kiss of life..but perhaps if the writers want to get stupid with the show, they'll probably use a Greyjoy because the
method of resuscitation used by the priests of the Drowned God. (aka the kiss of life.)

now..back to our beef..:angryfinger: :tiptoe:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think your right, but I wouldn't rule out a scene in the crypts shortly after Jon learns of his true parentage.

Holy zhit on a bun! I just thought about it..remember back in season 3 and 4 when HBO would drop misleading trailers one after other? HBO used voice overs in completely different scenes that mislead a lot of people/& theories. The wall of faces was actually used in show but not the exact cover shot for the trailer's cover & title.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The Night King's
The Night King's wife(The Night Queen) is buried beneath Winterfell (rumoured)...

I saw the YouTube guy explaining the preview and lots of stuff long forgotten from the first books become relevant to that scene. But I’m not reading that shit again cause fat boy isn’t going to finish the books up going to just sit back and wait for the episodes in April

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But she will die early in the season is my guess, she her self said she would return to die in Westeros.
She said she'd return to die and Jon said if she returns, he'd kill her for her crimes. The 2 are very much tied together. She also said when she looks for the Azor Ahai in her visions, all she sees is Snow. People will continue to suspect twists here and there but it's all been laid out already. Mel isn't evil. There was a sacrifice required to stop the NK from wreaking havoc and destroying all of Westeros. He comes for his replacement that was promised but Shireen had nothing to do with that. It's Little Sam the NK comes for and Mel will, again, call for a sacrifice of a child, this time Little Sam. At this point, Jon will kill her and when he does, that special sword, he is to fight NK with, will be forged and he will destroy the NK.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wrong, Thoros dead doesn't mean that...
Beric Dondarrion can stab Jon Snow with the The flaming sword (LightBringer) to bring him back for one last time in exchange for his own life...or the flame could/would just revive jon snow/tragaryen because Jon snow is a Dragon/targaryen. ooooOR beric can fall in battle and then jon could pick up lightbringer and Jon Snow is/becomes the prince that was Promised aka Azor Ahia.

more..from the books that i had to look up and copy cause i can't remember the exact words..
"There will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him."

Except Beric's sword isn't lightbringer, so there is that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
She said she'd return to die and Jon said if she returns, he'd kill her for her crimes. The 2 are very much tied together. She also said when she looks for the Azor Ahai in her visions, all she sees is Snow. People will continue to suspect twists here and there but it's all been laid out already. Mel isn't evil. There was a sacrifice required to stop the NK from wreaking havoc and destroying all of Westeros. He comes for his replacement that was promised but Shireen had nothing to do with that. It's Little Sam the NK comes for and Mel will, again, call for a sacrifice of a child, this time Little Sam. At this point, Jon will kill her and when he does, that special sword, he is to fight NK with, will be forged and he will destroy the NK.

The little Sam thing is an interesting twist, I don't think it will happen, but none the less interesting. As for he forging Lightbringer by stabbing Mel, that makes zero sense, it would have to be Dany (one he loves).

That being said, I don't think Lightbringer gets (reforged) at all. And if if were, then you would have to remember, lightbringer is not Valaryian Steel.

And it is definitely not Berics sword either (Beric uses wildfire to make his sword flame).

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Except Beric's sword isn't lightbringer, so there is that.
Nobody has lightbringer at this point. Jon will have have it when he pulls it out from Melisandre. And his fave sibling (now cousin) has the dagger, that Bran gave her, that will be used for another key kill, likely NK's Dragon.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darkness lay over the world and a hero, Azor Ahai, was chosen to fight against it. To fight the darkness, Azor Ahai needed to forge a hero's sword. He labored for thirty days and thirty nights until it was done. However, when he went to temper it in water, the sword broke. He was not one to give up easily, so he started over. The second time he took fifty days and fifty nights to make the sword, even better than the first. To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew before hand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer, while her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lightbringer

There isn't 100 days time to forge a new sword.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody has lightbringer at this point. Jon will have have it when he pulls it out from Melisandre. And his fave sibling (now cousin) has the dagger, that Bran gave her, that will be used for another key kill, likely NK's Dragon.

I think it is more likely the dagger kills the NK, lightbringer was used in the battle of the long night, but it never killed the NK. I don't recall the show ever mentioning Lightbringer tbh, so I suspect it won't come into play. If it did, I see it more likely to be "found" as opposed to being re-created.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It has been foretold in the books at Asshai that when the stars bleed and the cold winds blow, a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. That sword will be Lightbringer. The one who draws it will be Azor Ahai reborn.[1]

This kinda happened at Hardhome.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The sword is probably in the crypts in the tomb of the stark that ended the long night

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The little Sam thing is an interesting twist, I don't think it will happen, but none the less interesting. As for he forging Lightbringer by stabbing Mel, that makes zero sense, it would have to be Dany (one he loves).

That being said, I don't think Lightbringer gets (reforged) at all. And if if were, then you would have to remember, lightbringer is not Valaryian Steel.

And it is definitely not Berics sword either (Beric uses wildfire to make his sword flame).
You're trying to outhink a show that has put a lot of time and money into setting this up. Mel is not a normal person. Not only is she prepared to die and knows she will die but she also knows Jon told her he would kill her if she returns. Remember she also told him she has a role to play and he needs her to defeat the NK. She won't even fight it. She'll submit to it and when Jon pulls that sword from her heart it will be glowing red, not necessarily fire. It will be Lightbringer and Jon will put an end to NK with it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're trying to outhink a show that has put a lot of time and money into setting this up. Mel is not a normal person. Not only is she prepared to die and knows she will die but she also knows Jon told her he would kill her if she returns. Remember she also told him she has a role to play and he needs her to defeat the NK. She won't even fight it. She'll submit to it and when Jon pulls that sword from her heart it will be glowing red, not necessarily fire. It will be Lightbringer and Jon will put an end to NK with it.

Well, if they went that way, it would be really cheesy, and terrible writing. The sword is supposed to be forged by making a huge sacrafice, not by stabbing someone you were going to kill anyways, and it needs to be by a sword that was recently forged.