Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think Jamie is deader than fried chicken

I think your right, but not until the last episode, which means he survives the battle of WF. The actor that portrays him has said as much in interviews. (about being in every episode, not about living though it all. Meaning if he dies, it will be in the last episode)

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Wiping out Cersei first is not an option. From the time they find out Cersei's armies are not coming until the WW's arrive at Wf will be a matter of days. Long story short, not enough time for all your what if scenarios. The North's only plan will be deal with WW's first, and if they survive, Cersei second.
You make a good point, but I'll note it's from an all-knowing audience's view point, not Cersei's view point, which is what I'm referring to. She doesn't know how long it will be till the WW hit Winterfeld. Dany landed at Dragonstone, which is in the same bay as King's Landing... just minutes away. The expectation could be they all march north together, or sail north together, the show doesn't specify, but the idea is valid. News of the ice wall falling will hasten things though.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read an interesting theory, maybe it was here, that now that the Iron Bank has been paid off they don't need to have any interest in Cersei or the Lannisters at all. That, while they still owed them money they would always have an eye on KL. Now that the "Lannister's have paid their debts" why the hell would they care about supporting them in anyway? Theory went that once the IB sees Dany and Jon win against the NK, they'd pay the GC off to stop fighting for Cersei.
Don't see the need for a spoiler tag there but just to keep emos happy I'll wrap my reply in one as well.
The Golden Company is supposedly beyond reproach and always adhere to their contracts. Their motto is "Our word is as good as gold". The thing here is when they were formed, many of the soldiers came from Targaryen bastards and this is why they are expected to side with both Jon and Dany.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I read an interesting theory, maybe it was here, that now that the Iron Bank has been paid off they don't need to have any interest in Cersei or the Lannisters at all. That, while they still owed them money they would always have an eye on KL. Now that the "Lannister's have paid their debts" why the hell would they care about supporting them in anyway? Theory went that once the IB sees Dany and Jon win against the NK, they'd pay the GC off to stop fighting for Cersei.
Good point about not needing to prop the Lannisters up after they paid off their debt. Cause their motive is to make profits on their stash of money, along with not losing a big percent of the principal loan.

But they made good money from the Lannister interest payments, and got the principal back. They want to do that again, and the Lannisters have proven they can do it, and do it often. Did Dany/Jon ever take a loan? I don't think so.

More importantly, why would the IB pay off the GC? The Lannisters get the loan, and pay the GC. The GC would get paid up front, or partially. How does the IB payoff the GC? They'd lose the money they'd give the GC, and they'd lose the money they just gave the Lannisters. I don't see the motivation.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

This makes allot of sense especially if you read the books

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't see the need for a spoiler tag there but just to keep emos happy I'll wrap my reply in one as well.
The Golden Company is supposedly beyond reproach and always adhere to their contracts. Their motto is "Our word is as good as gold". The thing here is when they were formed, many of the soldiers came from Targaryen bastards and this is why they are expected to side with both Jon and Dany.

On one hand......

The golden company is composed of a lot of exiled Westorsi Knights, many from the Blackfyre rebellion as descendant of. Many speculate they might just be willing to break contract if offered the chance to return to Westeros. Either side could offer them that. And they have broken contract once.

On the other hand.............

the majority of those exiled knights were place in exile by a targaryen, the Mad King. So there presumed preference to his daughter the son of his son is tenuous at best.

Now to complicate matters.......

Technically the Iron bank would hold contract with the GC, if they are the ones paying them. So, if they were to switch sides, and tell the GC to fight for the North, would they really be breaking contract? A bit of a grey area there.

Secondly, did the Iron bank know that they might be placed in a position to fight the Army of the NK, or are they operating under the assumption that they were hired to fight the Northerners? If the latter, and the NK rolls WF, and is heading for KL, then what? Are they still contractually obligated to fight against the NK? What if they see there only strategic chance of survival is to break contract with Cersei, and join the remaining Northern forces and fight the NK together?

A lot of grey area concerning the GC, and a real WC for the upcoming season.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
On one hand......

The golden company is composed of a lot of exiled Westorsi Knights, many from the Blackfyre rebellion as descendant of. Many speculate they might just be willing to break contract if offered the chance to return to Westeros. Either side could offer them that. And they have broken contract once.

On the other hand.............

the majority of those exiled knights were place in exile by a targaryen, the Mad King. So there presumed preference to his daughter the son of his son is tenuous at best.

Now to complicate matters.......

Technically the Iron bank would hold contract with the GC, if they are the ones paying them. So, if they were to switch sides, and tell the GC to fight for the North, would they really be breaking contract? A bit of a grey area there.

Secondly, did the Iron bank know that they might be placed in a position to fight the Army of the NK, or are they operating under the assumption that they were hired to fight the Northerners? If the latter, and the NK rolls WF, and is heading for KL, then what? Are they still contractually obligated to fight against the NK? What if they see there only strategic chance of survival is to break contract with Cersei, and join the remaining Northern forces and fight the NK together?

A lot of grey area concerning the GC, and a real WC for the upcoming season.
Good questions -- I don't know how it works specifically in GOT, but in general the IB is giving money to Queen Cersei Lannister's thrown. Cersei said her Hand Cyburn "has made overtures to the GC in Essos". So Cersei will have the gold, will hire/pay GC, and Euron Greyjoy will transport them, not the IB.

I think the GC will be hired to be Cersei's army, for a period of time, per se, not to complete a specific task. But I could be wrong, it could be a task. At the time Cyburn went to hire the GC, Cersei/Cyburn knew nothing of the NK, nor Snow's pledge to Dany... so if the GC were hired for a task, they'd be told they'd be Queen Cersei's army fighting against Dany.

But money hasn't exchanged hands yet, and the situation has changed. Depending on how the GC leaders feel about the lives of their soldiers... maybe they don't take jobs they can't win.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Good questions -- I don't know how it works specifically in GOT, but in general the IB is giving money to Queen Cersei Lannister's thrown. Cersei said her Hand Cyburn "has made overtures to the GC in Essos". So Cersei will have the gold, will hire/pay GC, and Euron Greyjoy will transport them, not the IB.

I think the GC will be hired to be Cersei's army, for a period of time, per se, not to complete a specific task. But I could be wrong, it could be a task. At the time Cyburn went to hire the GC, Cersei/Cyburn knew nothing of the NK, nor Snow's pledge to Dany... so if the GC were hired for a task, they'd be told they'd be Queen Cersei's army fighting against Dany.

But money hasn't exchanged hands yet, and the situation has changed. Depending on how the GC leaders feel about the lives of their soldiers... maybe they don't take jobs they can't win.

Good point, I mentioned the same thing about the Dothraki, both them and the GC did not sign up for frozen zombie duty. I don't think the GC ever goes North, they would just stay in Kings Landing and wait for Dany and Jon, if they survive the army of the dead.

It's hard for me to believe the Dothraki are okay with fighting zombies in the arctic circle with no raping or gold. Those maniacs have spent generations busting heads, then getting fucked up and raping, I know they love their Khaleesi, but getting fucked up and raping is kind of their thing, like in their DNA.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he call this? I might have missed the post! GD I can’t wait for Sunday night
Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but yes I did. A lot of foreshadowing on this in many ways. Remember Melisandre called for the sacrifice of Shireen. It is that crime that caused Jon Snow to tell her to GTFO and if she were ever to return, he'd kill her himself, for the crime of killing that little girl. So, now we have the 2 facts, Jon said he'd kill her if she returned and she knows she will die when she goes back there but she was honestly only ever doing what she thought was needed to aid Azor Ahai and she didn't realize it was Jon Snow until she got closer to him and all signs and visions pointed to him. Now, comes the third foreshadowing clue. She has told Jon repeatedly she can help him defeat the NK.... and she will in the manner the video points to. Taking anyone's life just because it is believed it's required to fulfill a prophecy is not Jon Snow's way. I suspect he'll be egged on more when she again calls for the sacrifice of another child prior to Jon taking out the NK. She'll tell him to sacrifice Little Sam. Of course, Jon wouldn't even consider that and then Bran will tell him there does have to be a sacrifice and Mel is the one who need be sacrificed. WTH? Jon did warn her he would kill her. He will do it and go on to defeat the NK. Anybody suspecting anyone but Jon to be the one, doesn't understand everything always pointed to him. He is Rhaegar's son. He doesn't need to be with Dany to form the Ice and Fire tandem. His is the embodiment of Ice & Fire, half Targaryen and half Stark. He's just with Dany to have sex and then more little Targaryens.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Good call it sounds seriously legit

Did you read the books? Just asking cause you would know more about gilly “kid” if you did lol not saying more just in case but it’s totally different in the book than show

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Please nobody attack me, I don't analyze everything. But does she have the gold? Didn't they get attacked on the way to her?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please nobody attack me, I don't analyze everything. But does she have the gold? Didn't they get attacked on the way to her?

The gold made it to KL, the food, no. She used the gold to pay back to Iron bank, then proceeded to take out another loan to hire the GC.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good call it sounds seriously legit

Did you read the books? Just asking cause you would know more about gilly “kid” if you did lol not saying more just in case but it’s totally different in the book than show
No I haven't but I'd like to after the show is over if and when the final chapter is written. Am familiar with some things I've seen mentioned that are either different from the show or simply not covered in the show. I've seen it theorized that Little Sam is why the NK is now bringing the storm. It's said he was promised to NK and perhaps even suppose to take his place. When the dead last fought the living, it ended with an agreement that was broken when Little Sam was withheld from the NK. Don't know if that theory comes from just a guess or if the book does a whole lot more than the show does to make it appear that way.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The gold made it to KL, the food, no. She used the gold to pay back to Iron bank, then proceeded to take out another loan to hire the GC.
What Nc0gnet0 said. After they took off with the gold, I don't remember them getting attacked. I know Jamie is there with Cersei at the end of the last ep, so I assume he arrived with the gold. That scene where the dragon attacks them, I thought that was before they left with the carriage filled with gold, right? = )