Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

If anybody knows they are not talking.

"Honestly, even the Reddit theorizers are perplexed by this one, even though many think it's some sort of clue. Some have connected it to the Golden Ratio in mathematics, which would imply it references a harmoniously perfect ideal; elsewhere, that notion has been dismissed. Other speculation hones in on the fact that the spiral often has seven arms, perhaps a nod to the seven kingdoms. In an earlier post-episode talkback Benioff offered little explanation for its recurrence. "These are patterns that have mystical significance for the Children of the Forest," he said. "We're not sure exactly what they signify, but spiral patterns are important in a lot of different cultures in our world, and it makes sense that they would be in this world as well."

https://www.thrillist.com/entertain...rones-season-8-white-walker-spirals-explained

gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can see why you'd say that but remember the power of NK. He's a greenseer as well. Was actually just sending warning signs from the beginning, knowing what was to come. Warning signs were ignored leaving the NK no choice but to take vengeance.
I have a real problem with the whole greenseer can see the future crap. I don't believe it. You might get a vision or two, that can often be misinterpreted, but that's about it. YOu can't plug into wierwood.net and see the future, like Bran can see the past.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Actually that is open to debate, and is not known as fact. Look up dragonseed, and nettles. There is good indication that there have been dragon riders not of valaryan blood. Surprised the article you linked stated it as fact. The real question is, how may people, other than Valaryans got the chance?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If anybody knows they are not talking.

"Honestly, even the Reddit theorizers are perplexed by this one, even though many think it's some sort of clue. Some have connected it to the Golden Ratio in mathematics, which would imply it references a harmoniously perfect ideal; elsewhere, that notion has been dismissed. Other speculation hones in on the fact that the spiral often has seven arms, perhaps a nod to the seven kingdoms. In an earlier post-episode talkback Benioff offered little explanation for its recurrence. "These are patterns that have mystical significance for the Children of the Forest," he said. "We're not sure exactly what they signify, but spiral patterns are important in a lot of different cultures in our world, and it makes sense that they would be in this world as well."

https://www.thrillist.com/entertain...rones-season-8-white-walker-spirals-explained

gn-gift_guide_variable_c.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

tmg-article_tall.jpg

The winter sun.
Winter = Death
sun......might be a play on words (son)

You have to go back to the first men, and the ruins they used.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a real problem with the whole greenseer can see the future crap. I don't believe it. You might get a vision or two, that can often be misinterpreted, but that's about it. YOu can't plug into wierwood.net and see the future, like Bran can see the past.
NK is superhuman, stronger and armed with all kinds of skills to do what he was intended to do, destroy all men. He raises the dead. Far more resilient than any other dead or alive. Grabbed Bran whilst he was in a vision showing some sort of omnipotence. And you want to doubt he has greenseer abilities even greater than that put on display by Bran in this premiere episode? C'mon man.
Actually that is open to debate, and is not known as fact. Look up dragonseed, and nettles. There is good indication that there have been dragon riders not of valaryan blood. Surprised the article you linked stated it as fact. The real question is, how may people, other than Valaryans got the chance?
With the showrunner stating as recently as immediately following this episode that, "Only Targaryens can ride dragons and that should be a sign for Jon. Jon's not always quickest on the uptake but eventually he gets there." Yeah, think that's a plain and obvious statement that clearly says, at least for the purpose of the show, only Targaryens can be dragon riders.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That symbol the walkers make with dead bodies might be homage to god of death. Or marking their territory

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NK is superhuman, stronger and armed with all kinds of skills to do what he was intended to do, destroy all men. He raises the dead. Far more resilient than any other dead or alive. Grabbed Bran whilst he was in a vision showing some sort of omnipotence. And you want to doubt he has greenseer abilities even greater than that put on display by Bran in this premiere episode? C'mon man.
With the showrunner stating as recently as immediately following this episode that, "Only Targaryens can ride dragons and that should be a sign for Jon. Jon's not always quickest on the uptake but eventually he gets there." Yeah, think that's a plain and obvious statement that clearly says, at least for the purpose of the show, only Targaryens can be dragon riders.
Yeah, it might be show only fodder, as in the books there appears to have been dragon riders in the past not of Valaryan blood. don't remember them mentioning it in the show itself, tbh.

As for the greenseer crapola, no way no how can see the future. It makes him unbeatable, and if Bran too can see the future, and impossible and infinite number of do-overs.

NK, looks into the future, sees that if he does X, as it results in Y. Does not like Y, so changes X to Z
Bran Looks into the future, sees NK has changed X to Z, so he changes it to G
Nk looks into future, sees bran has changed things, so he changes them again

And so on and so on

That's complete crapola, if the show goes down this rabbit hole I swear I will never speak well of it again.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it might be show only fodder, as in the books there appears to have been dragon riders in the past not of Valaryan blood. don't remember them mentioning it in the show itself, tbh.

As for the greenseer crapola, no way no how can see the future. It makes him unbeatable, and if Bran too can see the future, and impossible and infinite number of do-overs.

NK, looks into the future, sees that if he does X, as it results in Y. Does not like Y, so changes X to Z

And so on and so on

That's complete crapola, if the show goes down this rabbit hole I swear I will never speak well of it again.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

And so on and so on

I get your point but that could very well be the point. It's all just a chess game between NK and the 3 eyed Raven, who is now Bran. Children of the Forest created him to kill all man and gave him all these special powers to make him unstoppable and the 3 eyed Raven has the same greenseer abilities so is put there by man to keep NK beyond the wall where he's been for thousands of years. In season 6 we saw NK go after Bran and even the Children of the Forest tried to fend off NK but could not. They created a monster who now thinks for himself and the only thing stopping him from doing what he was created to do, kill all, is the magic that was holding him off and the 3 eyed Raven, who was put in place to stay 1 step ahead of him.

In the Hodor episode he was going after Bran, knowing Bran was the successor to 3 eyed Raven and knowing he now had the opportunity to kill the current 3 eyed Raven because he touched Bran which meant the magic that protected the cave where 3 eyed Raven was and Bran and friends ran into lost its magic once Bran, marked by the NK, entered it. NK seized the opportunity to kill the previous 3 eyed Raven. Now, Bran is the 3 eyed Raven and, as such, The NK's new target. NK will kill all in his way but now I have to believe his primary target is Bran cause he is the 3 eyed Raven. Also thinking the crypts of Winterfell will lose their magic of protection as well when Bran is taken through there to escape as the army of the Dead overwhelm Winterfell. Probably why we saw Arya running through there in fear in the trailer.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
In all of those Bran is the NK theories I saw out there, I never remember reading any regarding the NK's omnipotence as Spartan suggested. Very interesting if you loop it back towards that, but it could very well just mean we don't have a full understanding of the NKs powers and there really is no correlation to Bran at all.

I have a hard time believing the NK and the 3 eyed Raven don't have some sort of connection in the end, but to have it be that blatant and in your face seems very UN-GOT like.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disclaimer, I have never read the books or looked at spoilers but I feel like Bran is huge in this. He may die, but he knows what is going to happen.

Anyone could hate the episode but the ending was what everyone wanted to see. Jaimie getting off the horse and bran is just staring at him. Epic.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Disclaimer, I have never read the books or looked at spoilers but I feel like Bran is huge in this. He may die, but he knows what is going to happen.

Anyone could hate the episode but the ending was what everyone wanted to see. Jaimie getting off the horse and bran is just staring at him. Epic.

The book story ended 2 seasons ago... since then the show writers have been writing brand new material based off of a vague plot outline of how RR Martin told them it would wrap up.

You can read all the books cover to cover, you won't know anything more than anyone else did 3 years ago.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ned: When I return, we'll talk about your mother

Cut to x-number of years later, we see Jon in front of Ned in the crypts

And hey, guess what? Jon learned about his mother.

Bunch of fucking assholes.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all of those Bran is the NK theories I saw out there, I never remember reading any regarding the NK's omnipotence as Spartan suggested. Very interesting if you loop it back towards that, but it could very well just mean we don't have a full understanding of the NKs powers and there really is no correlation to Bran at all.

I have a hard time believing the NK and the 3 eyed Raven don't have some sort of connection in the end, but to have it be that blatant and in your face seems very UN-GOT like.
Think people have complicated things unnecessarily. The spirals and other symbol left by NK is just his warning that he's coming. Don't think the show will say much more about it. We also saw when the NK was created so no cause to believe it to be Bran.

No connection between NK and 3 eyed Raven other than they have the greenseer thing in common. After the last war between the living and the Dead, the living pushed his army back and then built the wall to keep him from returning and a magic spell was also put on it so as he couldn't get through it not matter how hard he tried. On top of that, the living knew NK had extreme power and greenseer ability so to protect themselves even further, they put the 3 eyed Raven on watch. He'd be well protected from NK though and stay in a cave that was also protected by magic so that the NK and his army could not enter.

All was secure for thousands of years until Bran's dumbass went fucking around getting all curious. When NK grabbed Bran in one of his visions, that's when all that security was suddenly threatened. Bran would run to the cave where 3 eyed Raven stayed. Once Bran entered, after being grabbed and marked by NK, the magic protecting the cave was no more and that's why NK was able to enter and kill the former 3 eyed Raven. It wasn't necessary for Bran to fuck up Hodor's life as he did either. Even though the NK was giving chase, he intended to let Bran get away at that point anyway whether Hodor held the door or not. Why? He wanted Bran to go back beyond the wall, thus putting an end to the magic that protected it from NK and his army.

Hold on, cause Bran ain't done fucking up yet. The crypts of Winterfell are also protected by magic so as the NK and crew can't enter there either. This is why WF will plan their escape route through the crypts if they feel the need to retreat, which they will. Women, children and Varys will even be hiding out in the crypts during the fighting just to stay safe. At some point, either during the fighting or the retreat, guess who is gonna be taken down into the crypts for safety? That damn Bran again, and by doing so he'll cause the magic that guards against NK entry to be lost.

If not for Bran, NK and his army could have been held beyond the wall for thousands more years... maybe forever. All it took was 1 touch from the NK and Bran became like a key to Westeros for him. And now that NK is free to roam, he is targeting the 3 eyed Raven again cause he doesn't want him to be able to constantly tell of his location and/or any possible weakness that would enable him to be destroyed.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I chortle at people PREDICTING TV shows. Don't you have anything better to do, like raise unvaccinated children? I enjoyed the premiere.*

*I have read all the books!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I chortle at people PREDICTING TV shows. Don't you have anything better to do, like raise unvaccinated children? I enjoyed the premiere.*

*I have read all the books!
Must you chortle? Can't you just chuckle or laugh? Not a prediction. It's what's gonna happen, period. Just letting you all know so you're not surprised or actually thought Bran wasn't the sole person to blame for all this.

I enjoyed the premiere too. I have not read all the books or any for that matter.