Game of Thrones Thread

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Premier was awful.

“I know it’s a lot to take in.” :confused:
It seems rushed, but so did the end of the last season. Is what it is. I'm just happy the story is coming to a conclusion, and that it's back for at least a few more episodes that answer all the questions finally.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get your point but that could very well be the point. It's all just a chess game between NK and the 3 eyed Raven, who is now Bran. Children of the Forest created him to kill all man and gave him all these special powers to make him unstoppable and the 3 eyed Raven has the same greenseer abilities so is put there by man to keep NK beyond the wall where he's been for thousands of years. In season 6 we saw NK go after Bran and even the Children of the Forest tried to fend off NK but could not. They created a monster who now thinks for himself and the only thing stopping him from doing what he was created to do, kill all, is the magic that was holding him off and the 3 eyed Raven, who was put in place to stay 1 step ahead of him.

In the Hodor episode he was going after Bran, knowing Bran was the successor to 3 eyed Raven and knowing he now had the opportunity to kill the current 3 eyed Raven because he touched Bran which meant the magic that protected the cave where 3 eyed Raven was and Bran and friends ran into lost its magic once Bran, marked by the NK, entered it. NK seized the opportunity to kill the previous 3 eyed Raven. Now, Bran is the 3 eyed Raven and, as such, The NK's new target. NK will kill all in his way but now I have to believe his primary target is Bran cause he is the 3 eyed Raven. Also thinking the crypts of Winterfell will lose their magic of protection as well when Bran is taken through there to escape as the army of the Dead overwhelm Winterfell. Probably why we saw Arya running through there in fear in the trailer.

I think your interpretation of that episode is wrong. It's not so much that the NK marking Bran broke the magic and that allowed him into the cave to kill the bloodraven, it is that mark allowed the NK to know where Bran was, the only magic that was broken was magic to keep the Cave hidden from the NK. I also think that mark is a two way street (bran knows where the NK is). So the mark had nothing to do with the NK being able to travel past the wall, or any WF magic either. Unless WF was hidden from the NK, which I kinda doubt.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disclaimer, I have never read the books or looked at spoilers but I feel like Bran is huge in this. He may die, but he knows what is going to happen.

Anyone could hate the episode but the ending was what everyone wanted to see. Jaimie getting off the horse and bran is just staring at him. Epic.

Jamie will be a very big player in the end game. Where is Remy anyways? I remember quite the debate with him where he was claiming Jamie didn't have a redemption arc.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think people have complicated things unnecessarily. The spirals and other symbol left by NK is just his warning that he's coming. Don't think the show will say much more about it. We also saw when the NK was created so no cause to believe it to be Bran.

No connection between NK and 3 eyed Raven other than they have the greenseer thing in common. After the last war between the living and the Dead, the living pushed his army back and then built the wall to keep him from returning and a magic spell was also put on it so as he couldn't get through it not matter how hard he tried. On top of that, the living knew NK had extreme power and greenseer ability so to protect themselves even further, they put the 3 eyed Raven on watch. He'd be well protected from NK though and stay in a cave that was also protected by magic so that the NK and his army could not enter.

All was secure for thousands of years until Bran's dumbass went fucking around getting all curious. When NK grabbed Bran in one of his visions, that's when all that security was suddenly threatened. Bran would run to the cave where 3 eyed Raven stayed. Once Bran entered, after being grabbed and marked by NK, the magic protecting the cave was no more and that's why NK was able to enter and kill the former 3 eyed Raven. It wasn't necessary for Bran to fuck up Hodor's life as he did either. Even though the NK was giving chase, he intended to let Bran get away at that point anyway whether Hodor held the door or not. Why? He wanted Bran to go back beyond the wall, thus putting an end to the magic that protected it from NK and his army.

Hold on, cause Bran ain't done fucking up yet. The crypts of Winterfell are also protected by magic so as the NK and crew can't enter there either. This is why WF will plan their escape route through the crypts if they feel the need to retreat, which they will. Women, children and Varys will even be hiding out in the crypts during the fighting just to stay safe. At some point, either during the fighting or the retreat, guess who is gonna be taken down into the crypts for safety? That damn Bran again, and by doing so he'll cause the magic that guards against NK entry to be lost.

If not for Bran, NK and his army could have been held beyond the wall for thousands more years... maybe forever. All it took was 1 touch from the NK and Bran became like a key to Westeros for him. And now that NK is free to roam, he is targeting the 3 eyed Raven again cause he doesn't want him to be able to constantly tell of his location and/or any possible weakness that would enable him to be destroyed.

Not buying it, the Nk was coming regardless. Could have just went around the wall at Eastwatch. One way or the other he was getting past. I have seen the same argument made about Jon/Dany, had they not lost a dragon the NK wasn't going to make it through.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Ned: When I return, we'll talk about your mother

Cut to x-number of years later, we see Jon in front of Ned in the crypts

And hey, guess what? Jon learned about his mother.

Bunch of fucking assholes.

Talk about a hanging thread.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Think people have complicated things unnecessarily. The spirals and other symbol left by NK is just his warning that he's coming. Don't think the show will say much more about it. We also saw when the NK was created so no cause to believe it to be Bran.

The Nk was created from a first man, before the Andals, Before the Valaryans, before the written word. Back the only recorded history was on "runes" stone carvings, etc. There is bound to be a lot of speculation in the next week or two about the meaning of these symbols. Take them with a grain of salt.

Some out there are trying to tie the spiral with the Targaryan Sigil. There are similarities. But the others pre-date the Valaryans by about 3-4,000 years, so no, the NK is not a Valaryan, or a targ.

Attachments

• House_Targaryen.svg.png
    House_Targaryen.svg.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 0
  • white-walkers-symbols.png
    white-walkers-symbols.png
    900.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all likelihood, the symbol represents a celestial event, like the comet. Celestial events can be seen around the world, and as a result similarities happen by coincidence. I think the message that the NK is trying to convey is that this is the dawn of a new age, nothing more.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How mad would we all be if the show builds to a climactic battle, and then ends like Monty Python?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Count me in as never knowing a comet looked like a spiral!

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
The new preview for Sundays upcoming episode looks interesting. Not that it's really a spoiler, but some people are picky about that stuff in here. So won't go into the details.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
In all likelihood, the symbol represents a celestial event, like the comet. Celestial events can be seen around the world, and as a result similarities happen by coincidence. I think the message that the NK is trying to convey is that this is the dawn of a new age, nothing more.

You might be right when the dragons were born there was a comet. This is a magical world.

Makes me think maybe when the night king saw the comet he knew the dragons were born and it was time to be ready to march on the wall.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You might be right when the dragons were born there was a comet. This is a magical world.

Makes me think maybe when the night king saw the comet he knew the dragons were born and it was time to be ready to march on the wall.

I don't see how that is possible, just rather the same magic that woke the dragons woke the NK. The NK's last appearance happened 8,000 years ago, long before dragons were ever seen in Westeros, therefore it's hard to imagine he even knew what a dragon was.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This season has an emperor has no clothes feeling to me. By that I mean, it will be hugely disappointing but all the fanboys will not want to admit it was a letdown so they will pretend it was great just like the people pretended the emperor had clothes.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This season has an emperor has no clothes feeling to me. By that I mean, it will be hugely disappointing but all the fanboys will not want to admit it was a letdown so they will pretend it was great just like the people pretended the emperor had clothes.

I can see that lol better comparison is bears fans if this season goes south lmfao