Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As for the episode itself. Yawn. I mean the storytelling here was quite pathetic. Euron has Yara all this time and then just to move the plot along, Theon casually comes aboard kills a few people and rescues her begging the question as to why all of a sudden this is possible. It is like we are expected to believe Euron's crew is completely incompetent the minute he leaves the ship to fuck a Queen.

Not to mention, everyone sees the threat but these stupid humans still bickering over King of the North bullshit. I am honestly left rooting for the Night King to kill them all as they deserve to die due to their disunity.

Then there is the whole Dany and Jon subplot which is pretty stupid since the obvious solution is for them to just marry and rule together considering they already fucking but I am sure they will try and create some high drama out of this. Which is just dumb as Jon who was already King of the North already decided to bend the knee so why should he fight so hard to be King of the Seven Kingdoms when he was already content to being Dany's bitch?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The new preview for Sundays upcoming episode looks interesting. Not that it's really a spoiler, but some people are picky about that stuff in here. So won't go into the details.

That's the preview they showed after episode one, not new, not a spoiler.

This thread had become less interesting, with speculation that had devolved into fan fiction, I get it, there was no new content to comment on. I'm hoping now that we have one episode out there and five more on the way we can leave the writing to the writers.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for the episode itself. Yawn. I mean the storytelling here was quite pathetic. Euron has Yara all this time and then just to move the plot along, Theon casually comes aboard kills a few people and rescues her begging the question as to why all of a sudden this is possible. It is like we are expected to believe Euron's crew is completely incompetent the minute he leaves the ship to fuck a Queen.

Not to mention, everyone sees the threat but these stupid humans still bickering over King of the North bullshit. I am honestly left rooting for the Night King to kill them all as they deserve to die due to their disunity.

Then there is the whole Dany and Jon subplot which is pretty stupid since the obvious solution is for them to just marry and rule together considering they already fucking but I am sure they will try and create some high drama out of this. Which is just dumb as Jon who was already King of the North already decided to bend the knee so why should he fight so hard to be King of the Seven Kingdoms when he was already content to being Dany's bitch?
The mad king was mad because of incense background. Ya think they would learn their lesson.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm going to regret this.

Euron's crew was ashore getting drunk and laid like their captain, the 5 or 6 guys left behind were toilet cleaners, his worst men.

I think the writers did terrific job of setting up the animosity towards Dany, that is completely spot on. They can prepare for battle and throw shade the queen simultaneously, the northerners are famous for their multi-tasking abilities.

Jon bent the knee when the two option for ruler of Westeros were Cersi and Dany, and it was the only way he was going to get Dany's army up north. Jon obviously had no idea he was heir to the throne, he just found this out, Dany doesn't even know yet, you think Jon should just run out of the crypt and ask his aunt to marry him so they can rule together?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Dany and Jon handle this new information, if it turns out to be stupid I'll call them out on it, but I'm going to wait and see what happens before call it "dumb", or Jon a "bitch".

"why should he fight so hard to be King of the Seven Kingdoms" He isn't, that is not something that has happened. Calm your tits remy, wait for something to happen before you hate it.

And here we go.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A girl is no one shall find you and drive Needle into your skull for that comment.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IPhone is quite the little bitch. But, I can only assume the smell was pretty atrocious though.

We all know what you meant, I just coudn't pass up the shot.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm going to regret this.

Euron's crew was ashore getting drunk and laid like their captain, the 5 or 6 guys left behind were toilet cleaners, his worst men.

I think the writers did terrific job of setting up the animosity towards Dany, that is completely spot on. They can prepare for battle and throw shade the queen simultaneously, the northerners are famous for their multi-tasking abilities.

Jon bent the knee when the two option for ruler of Westeros were Cersi and Dany, and it was the only way he was going to get Dany's army up north. Jon obviously had no idea he was heir to the throne, he just found this out, Dany doesn't even know yet, you think Jon should just run out of the crypt and ask his aunt to marry him so they can rule together?

I'm looking forward to seeing how Dany and Jon handle this new information, if it turns out to be stupid I'll call them out on it, but I'm going to wait and see what happens before call it "dumb", or Jon a "bitch".

"why should he fight so hard to be King of the Seven Kingdoms" He isn't, that is not something that has happened. Calm your tits remy, wait for something to happen before you hate it.

And here we go.

1. It is plot induced stupidity is my point. Who leaves a valuable prisoner protected by his most incompetent men? Absurd.

2. I find it petty given the nature of the threat. And their arguments here are quite xenophobic. They offer nothing of substance for not following her beyond the fact she is foreign.

3. I know Jon hasn't acted on anything yet. I was referring to Sam's comment and fans expecting some drama from this. Jon bent the knee for the good of his people due to the threat. His finding out he is Aegon doesnt change the threat so he should be willing to sacrifice the throne for his people again. There is nothing in his character to date to suggest he suddenly should value power more than his people so not sure why Sam or fans are expecting some big drama. To now care more about the throne than stopping the Night King and come into conflict with Dany would be stupid.

Last edited:

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1. It is plot induced stupidity is my point. Who leaves a valuable prisoner protected by his most incompetent men? Absurd.

Euron does not view Theon or anyone else from the Iron Island as a threat. Leaving a few guys behind during shore leave is SOP on earth and in Westeros. Some guys shot some other guys with cross bows, get over it.

2. I find it petty given the nature of the threat. And their arguments here are quote xenophobic. They offer nothing of substance for not following her beyond the fact she is foreign.

What, who is not following her? Did I miss the scene where everybody went into open rebellion against Dany? You are projecting what you think will happen and critisizing the writers for something that hasn't happened yet. The Northerners don't like Dany and it is perfectly reasonable for them not to.

3. I know Jon hasn't acted on anything yet. I was referring to Sam's comment and fans expecting some drama from this. Jon bent the knee for the good of his people due to the threat. His finding out he is Aegon doesnt change the threat so he should be willing to sacrifice the throne for his people again. There is nothing in his character to date to suggest he suddenly should value power more than his people so not sure why Sam or fans are expecting some big drama. To now care more about the throne than stopping the Night King and come into conflict with Dany would be stupid.

"fans expecting some drama"
Don't blame the writers for fan expectations.

"he should be willing to sacrifice the throne for his people"
And that is one possible way it could be handled. The marriage, power sharing option you mentioned earlier is another. I can't wait to see how it is handled, I'm just not angry enough to bitch about something that hasn't happened yet.

"To now care more about the throne than stopping the Night King and come into conflict with Dany would be stupid."
Yup, lets hope the shows writers are better than the fan fiction writers on CCS.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Euron does not view Theon or anyone else from the Iron Island as a threat. Leaving a few guys behind during shore leave is SOP on earth and in Westeros. Some guys shot some other guys with cross bows, get over it.

What, who is not following her? Did I miss the scene where everybody went into open rebellion against Dany? You are projecting what you think will happen and critisizing the writers for something that hasn't happened yet. The Northerners don't like Dany and it is perfectly reasonable for them not to.

"fans expecting some drama"
Don't blame the writers for fan expectations.

"he should be willing to sacrifice the throne for his people"
And that is one possible way it could be handled. The marriage, power sharing option you mentioned earlier is another. I can't wait to see how it is handled, I'm just not angry enough to bitch about something that hasn't happened yet.

"To now care more about the throne than stopping the Night King and come into conflict with Dany would be stupid."
Yup, lets hope the shows writers are better than the fan fiction writers on CCS.

1. We will have to agree to disagree on this. It is not SOP to leave your most incompetent men guarding a high value prisoner.

2. I don't like Trump. I would think an extinction level event would result in me getting over it. So sorry their whining here is dumb. What has Dany done to them?

3. Not angry. I found the episode unimaginative and perhaps projecting a bit which if I turn out to be wrong then I will say so.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

2. I find it petty given the nature of the threat. And their arguments here are quote xenophobic. They offer nothing of substance for not following her beyond the fact she is foreign.

giphy.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I personally don't find it believable that The North, a feudal society reminiscent of Scotland circa 800-1200, would be racist or xenophobic towards foreigners with dark skin color.

I don't buy it, they clearly seem to be a harmonious open society.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I find when I'm watching a show in the fantasy world it's best to put 2019 morals into it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think your interpretation of that episode is wrong. It's not so much that the NK marking Bran broke the magic and that allowed him into the cave to kill the bloodraven, it is that mark allowed the NK to know where Bran was, the only magic that was broken was magic to keep the Cave hidden from the NK. I also think that mark is a two way street (bran knows where the NK is). So the mark had nothing to do with the NK being able to travel past the wall, or any WF magic either. Unless WF was hidden from the NK, which I kinda doubt.
Not that it matters too much but I think your version may be the one that's wrong. Maybe the book says that or hints at it but the show certainly has not. The wall and these caves I've mentioned were said to be protected by magic that keeps the NK and his army out. When Uncle Benjen was at the wall he mentioned to Bran he could not pass that point cause it was protected by magic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I personally don't find it believable that The North, a feudal society reminiscent of Scotland circa 800-1200, would be racist or xenophobic towards foreigners with dark skin color.

I don't buy it, they clearly seem to be a harmonious open society.

Comes a point where saving the entire human race should take precedence over petty emotions. That is the point.

Hence why I said I am rooting for the night king. Any society that values xenophobia over continued existence is probably deserving of extinction.