Game of Thrones Thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL, everyone here knows (well the ones that can remember anyways) that you were wrong. But thanks for staying in Remy character, I might fall out of my chair if you were to admit it. For those that don't remember, the argument started two years ago, when I brought up the fact jamie was on a redemption arc. Remy vehemently disagreed (full-on remy spiral multiple page rant). TBH, i don't think he has a clue what a "redemption arc" is, as the term is applied to creative writing.

You seem confused. Redemption by its very nature is subjective. I don't think anything Jamie does will redeem him for his and Cersei's crimes all of which deserve death. You do which is your choice. The issue here is you thinking you have ownership of some objective standard of redemption. You do not. The fact you bringing it up two years later suggests you are taking this a bit too seriously.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I was pissed when the first episode ended under an hour. That's entertainment! I need my boob tube!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I subscribe to the theory that Danaerys knows what's up with Jon being able to ride dragons and is okay with the incest, as Targaryens are*

*and Lannisters**

**George RR Martin has a thing for eunuchs

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You and remy are combining two separate things.

1. Fight together to defeat the NK and his army of the dead.
2. The Northerners do not like Dany and her armies, they are holding their noses and tolerating the foreigners to survive.

Martin and the show have depicted the Northerners like this from the first. If they handled it any other way, "welcome to the north Dany", would ruin the story.

This is not unique to Westeros, 1991 Saudi Arabia, the citizens hated the American military in their country, but tolerated it to defeat a common enemy.

Yeah guys I know, "that would never happen".

Yeah and like Bran and Jon who also exists in the story, I can find their attitude fucking stupid in the face of extinction. This is a fictional story. People will have different opinions on various characters and events in the story. If you don't find their attitudes annoying then that is your right. I find it quite annoying as does Jon who chastises them for their short sightedness and Bran. You act like one must universally feel their attitude is acceptable. I said with the characters depicted as more mature and rational in considering their attitude stupid.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Right because it is not like the guy they elected King of the North hasn't told them how serious the threat is so much so he just bent the knee to gain allies. I am sure he did that for shits and giggles.
People who have never seen dragons see a woman from a foreign country, whose father was the "Mad King," marching into their homelands and don't know what to think. So xenophobic.

GTFOH

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hate xenophobia so much that I will no longer watch this epic that I've invested 7 seasons watching.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was pissed when the first episode ended under an hour. That's entertainment! I need my boob tube!

It gets better, or at least more.
  • Episode 1: Sunday, April 14 — 54 minutes
  • Episode 2: Sunday, April 21 — 58 minutes
  • Episode 3: Sunday, April 28 — 82 minutes
  • Episode 4: Sunday, May 5 — 78 minutes
  • Episode 5: Sunday, May 12 — 80 minutes
  • Episode 6: Sunday, May 19 — 80 minutes
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Game-Thrones-Season-8-Episode-Schedule-Running-Times-45922113

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'll be brutally honest. I got bored during the Battle of the Bastards

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Never mind that every spot Dany has planted her flag has hated the fact that a foreigner has come to rule, now I'm really pissed as we come to the end.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People who have never seen dragons see a woman from a foreign country, whose father was the "Mad King," marching into their homelands and don't know what to think. So xenophobic.

GTFOH

They have always been xenophobic. As you already noted, it is part and parcel to the time period being depicted. What makes this instance especially stupid is the fact that their existence is threatened. If everyone was meant to just blindly accept their xenophobia then Jon Snow wouldn't be so frustrated by it. Lest we forget he remarks about how he brought 2 armies and 2 dragons and these small minded folk are being dumb.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You and remy are combining two separate things.

1. Fight together to defeat the NK and his army of the dead.
2. The Northerners do not like Dany and her armies, they are holding their noses and tolerating the foreigners to survive.

Martin and the show have depicted the Northerners like this from the first. If they handled it any other way, "welcome to the north Dany", would ruin the story.

This is not unique to Westeros, 1991 Saudi Arabia, the citizens hated the American military in their country, but tolerated it to defeat a common enemy.

Yeah guys I know, "that would never happen".

I never said the Northerners had to throw a ticker tape parade and roll out the red carpets for dany though. Rather that there open hostility and resentment are counter-productive to what they need to accomplish, which is stupid and petty IMO. House Glover even took it to next level stupid and went home. I think it would be hilarious if it were to continue, and Dany just said fuck it and took her army and went home as well.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I got so bored I wikipidiaed it during the show and learned that they drew inspiration from the Battle of Aquitaine. If you all want to hear more about it, PM me

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I never said the Northerners had to throw a ticker tape parade and roll out the red carpets for dany though. Rather that there open hostility and resentment are counter-productive to what they need to accomplish, which is stupid and petty IMO. House Glover even took it to next level stupid and went home. I think it would be hilarious if it were to continue, and Dany just said fuck it and took her army and went home as well.

On yes I forgot some of these idiots are so tolerant that they took their ball and went home as an undead army approaches. Nothing wrong with that though. Catching feelings while their world faces extinction is very forward thinking of them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They have always been xenophobic. As you already noted, it is part and parcel to the time period being depicted. What makes this instance especially stupid is the fact that their existence is threatened. If everyone was meant to just blindly accept their xenophobic then Jon Snow wouldn't be so frustrated by it. Lest we forget he remarks about how he brought 2 armies and 2 dragons and these small minded folk are being dumb.
Right, so maybe understand why they may feel a bit xenophobic. Beyond that, the old gray mare that told Bran stories in Season 1 said that these were all legends that could never come true. But sure, these northern farmers should instantly have a change of mind when they're told that the things they've been hearing are ghost stories are actually true.

Fun Fact: I've had three buddies who woke up in a tub of ice who had their kidneys taken from them.

Quit being so fucking literal about a fantasy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Holy fuck, who would have ever thought GoT could have been brought around to Trump.

Thanks for ruining things remy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You seem confused. Redemption by its very nature is subjective. I don't think anything Jamie does will redeem him for his and Cersei's crimes all of which deserve death. You do which is your choice. The issue here is you thinking you have ownership of some objective standard of redemption. You do not. The fact you bringing it up two years later suggests you are taking this a bit too seriously.
No, I am not at all confused. You seem to think redemption and redemption arc are synonymous. Newsflash, they are not. A redemption arc is a writing tool, used quite often. The show writers have even gone as far as to say Jamie was on a redemption arc, and you still deny it, which is hilarious. As to whether or not you personally think jamies current/recent actions have redeemed his actions in the past is irrelevant, matters like this are left to the court of public opinion. I don't claim ownership, I claim to be with the majority.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Right, so maybe understand why they may feel a bit xenophobic. Beyond that, the old gray mare that told Bran stories in Season 1 said that these were all legends that could never come true. But sure, these northern farmers should instantly have a change of mind when they're told that the things they've been hearing are ghost stories are actually true.

Fun Fact: I've had three buddies who woke up in a tub of ice who had their kidneys taken from them.

Quit being so fucking literal about a fantasy.

Again not sure how I am being literal. There are literally characters in the story equally annoyed as me so there is no reason for you to assume we should all be as accepting of their stupidity.

Tell you what, let's just say I am more of a Jon Snow kind of guy more concerned with the bigger picture. So yeah like Jon Snow, when I see people being stupid and petty in the face of extinction, I find it annoying. Is that fair or do you want to debate whether every person should feel the exact same way as you do about this?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Do you think Bronn will kill Tyrion or Jaime?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Everything the Northerners have done in regards to Dany is 100% consistent with everything in the story that has been presented before her arrival.

I'm not saying it's good for them to hate Dany, just true to the story. You and remy can hate them for being stupid, but don't claim it wouldn't happen within the framework of the story.