Game of Thrones Thread

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
don't worry, I don't make predictions, just spitballing.

Fun fact: Ned Stark is based on William Hastings, who got beheaded by Richard III, or the 'Turd' as I like to call him

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, Jamie and Cersei are responsible for almost killing Bran and killing Ned. Furthermore, nothing you claim Ned did resulted in him killing someone. Are you going to claim Jamie is not responsible for anyone's death on the show. The dude is a murderous asshole.

You have gone full blown Jamie nuthugger trying to compare Ned transgressions to Jamie's.
It was Littlefinger that betrayed Ned and got him killed. it was joffrey that ordered the execution, so I am not sure what you are talking about. ned killed plenty of people, did you see the battle at the tower were Lyanna was? Those men were only acting out of duty, protecting Lyanna. He also killed the wildling, that was merely trying to escape the WW's. If jamie was a saint, he wouldn't need a redemption arc, now would he? You just want to argue different shades of grey.

Ned Stark was a hypocrite, using him as a moral compass is laughable.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was Littlefinger that betrayed Ned and got him killed. it was joffrey that ordered the execution, so I am not sure what you are talking about. ned killed plenty of people, did you see the battle at the tower were Lyanna was? Those men were only acting out of duty, protecting Lyanna. He also killed the wildling, that was merely trying to escape the WW's. If jamie was a saint, he wouldn't need a redemption arc, now would he? You just want to argue different shades of grey.

Lol, Joffery is a kid who if Jamie had any backbone in him could have overruled him and his Mom. The fucked up shit Cersei and Joffery do is because Jamie is a bitch.

And sorry not arguing different shades of grey as I am not suggesting Ned is absolved or redeemed for killing based on his good deeds. Murder is murder. You are the one trying to argue redemption not me. Ned already paid for any crimes you think he committed when he was killed and it is time for Cersei and Jamie to die because their crimes are far more numerous. Their deaths will not be redemption. They will be justice for their many evil deeds.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol, Joffery is a kid who if Jamie had any backbone in him could have overruled him and his Mom. The fucked up shit Cersei and Joffery do is because Jamie is a bitch.

And sorry not arguing different shades of grey as I am not suggesting Ned is absolved or redeemed for killing based on his good deeds. Murder is murder. You are the one trying to argue redemption not me. Ned already paid for any crimes you think he committed when he was killed and it is time for Cersei and Jamie to die because their crimes are far more numerous. Their deaths will not be redemption. They will be justice for their many evil deeds.

Ok, so jamie is a bitch, that's a far cry for making him responsible for killing Ned Stark, which is what you stated. So it appears your trying to back away from your intitial statement. Not surprised.

And then we get into insertion of 21st century morality superimposed on a 15th century society. Is that the best you can do? You also keep backing away from the redemption arc trying to formulate a straw man about redemption. Remy being Remy.

A redemption arc is a writing technique in which a character is initially seen as a bad guy or dark, and as the character grows and evolves, he becomes good. it really is that simple. It's not about sitting in judgment about whether or not the sum total of his good deeds somehow make up for his past transgressions. You have a personal belief that attempted murder is a non redeeming sin. I don't have a problem with that. It doesn't change the fact that he has been on a redemption arc. Your inability to separate the two concepts either seriously brings into question your intelligence, or is just more of the same Remy BS, where when your losing an argument, you try to change the argument. Not having it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sort of fucked up, Bran is the most mature person in the whole continent.
The Nk was going to find his way into the world of men, one way or the other. You can argue that they made it easier for him and I could be ok with that, but one way or the other, he was going to get there. 6 minute mark, listen, and learn ;)

Still for thousands of years, he did not find his way to man, to beyond the wall. You can say one way or another he'd find a way just because that's what he was created to do, destroy man. He found his way through Bran and, if not for Bran, this generation of people would likely have passed, as so many others did, without having to face the wrath of the NK.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
He found his way when he got a dragon. Without the dragon how does he take down the wall? Guess dragon fire beat the magic of the wall

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
2. I find it petty given the nature of the threat. And their arguments here are quite xenophobic. They offer nothing of substance for not following her beyond the fact she is foreign.
The North has been rebellious towards everyone that doesn't fit into their culture and history throughout the show. They have a history with Targs and the Mad King. They're simple people that don't trust outsiders, period, let alone a Targ that wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms. Last time that happened it didn't end well.

It appears they're buying in a bit, but they're cautious.

Not sure what you're trying to get at here. Seems a bit of a reach. The whole North culture and history of the Targs previous ruling tirade is reason enough for them to be skeptical.

Sansa is also validated in worrying Johns little John is doing some thinking for him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ok, so jamie is a bitch, that's a far cry for making him responsible for killing Ned Stark, which is what you stated. So it appears your trying to back away from your intitial statement. Not surprised.

And then we get into insertion of 21st century morality superimposed on a 15th century society. Is that the best you can do? You also keep backing away from the redemption arc trying to formulate a straw man about redemption. Remy being Remy.

A redemption arc is a writing technique in which a character is initially seen as a bad guy or dark, and as the character grows and evolves, he becomes good. it really is that simple. It's not about sitting in judgment about whether or not the sum total of his good deeds somehow make up for his past transgressions. You have a personal belief that attempted murder is a non redeeming sin. I don't have a problem with that. It doesn't change the fact that he has been on a redemption arc. Your inability to separate the two concepts either seriously brings into question your intelligence, or is just more of the same Remy BS, where when your losing an argument, you try to change the argument. Not having it.

He is responsible for Ned and many more people that he and his murderous family killed. Ned was killed because of his incest with his sister.

Not backing away from anything. You brought up a 2 year old debate and my stance is the same. Nothing Jamie does is going to redeem him in my book. If you feel he will be redeemed in your book then good for you.

Been saying the same thing for 2 years so not sure why you felt the need to rehash. I don't agree with you. Perhaps it is time you get over that fact. Imagine blaming me because you decide to bring up a 2 year old debate. You can watch waiting for Jamie's redemption and I will watch waiting for Jamie to die hopefully in a most gruesome manner.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The North has been rebellious towards everyone that doesn't fit into their culture and history throughout the show. They have a history with Targs and the Mad King. They're simple people that don't trust outsiders, period, let alone a Targ that wants to rule the Seven Kingdoms. Last time that happened it didn't end well.

It appears they're buying in a bit, but they're cautious.

Not sure what you're trying to get at here. Seems a bit of a reach. The whole North culture and history of the Targs previous ruling tirade is reason enough for them to be skeptical.

Sansa is also validated in worrying Johns little John is doing some thinking for him.

And yet Jon like me is frustrated with their pettiness. Why do people expect everyone to feel the same way about fictional characters? You are free to believe as Sansa and the Notherners do. I am free to feel like Bran and Jon does in thinking their attitude here is stupid in the face of the Night King.

Let's just chalk it up to you having a higher tolerance for pettiness in the face of extinction than I do.

Last edited:

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
And yet Jon like me is frustrated with their pettiness. Why do people expect everyone to feel the same way about fictional characters? You are free to believe as Sansa and the Notherners do. I am free to feel like Bran and Jon does in thinking their attitude here is stupid in the face of the Night King.

Let's just chalk it up to you having a higher tolerance for pettiness in the face of extinction than I do.
I missed where this was an opinion regarding their pettiness. Correct, think most would agree on that as an opinion of their actions.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Seems naive to think the North would accept foreign troops and a foreign Queen without reservations or any hostility.

What population anywhere in this world or in fiction does that?

If anything it is surprising there was no attempts to kill Dany or any of her Dothraki/Unsullied... all they got were glares from villagers and a bitchy Sansa.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still for thousands of years, he did not find his way to man, to beyond the wall. You can say one way or another he'd find a way just because that's what he was created to do, destroy man. He found his way through Bran and, if not for Bran, this generation of people would likely have passed, as so many others did, without having to face the wrath of the NK.
Well, no, for 8,000 years he has been dormant. he hasn't been roaming around looking for the wall, or a way to get past it. His recent awakening was spurred on by a recent event, be it the comet, Bran being born, or something else is unknown. This has been correlated (his awakening) by the Wildlings. Now, I don't know if he was really truly dormant, or just happy to stay in the far North, away from all manor of men, but his activity in the land of men North of the wall is a recent event, and it happened well before he touched bran.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He found his way when he got a dragon. Without the dragon how does he take down the wall? Guess dragon fire beat the magic of the wall
He go's around it at east watch, freezes the water.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems naive to think the North would accept foreign troops and a foreign Queen without reservations or any hostility.

If anything it is surprising there was no attempts to kill Dany or any of her Dothraki/Unsullied... all they got were glares from villagers and a bitchy Sansa.

Ares they face extinction. If they want to bitch and moan when the Night King is defeated then so be it. Now is not the time.

Not really aware of any population in real life that acted like this in face of extinction. Probably because they ended up going extinct. The good thing about fiction is you can write them beating the odds despite their abject stupidity.

House Glover and a few others refused to fight so it wasnt just bitchiness. May the NK triumph over them and they can revel in their pettiness in their graves.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So your saying it China where to experience a massive Earthquake, and the US sent 10,000 troops to aid in a humanitarian effort, the Chinese people would try to kill the troops and glare at them as well? I am not buying this at all.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I need to ask the question about Wight Walkers and the whole "They can't swim" thing...

Not sure why this makes sense exactly.

They can run, jump, grapple, fight.... but they cannot swim, impossible?

They can definitely sink to the bottom of a lake and at the very least move around and attach chains to a dead dragon.

They couldn't sink to the bottom of a body of water and walk across it and up the shore on the other side?

I don't really buy this notion that water saves you....

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ares they face extinction. If they want to bitch and moan when the Night King is defeated then so be it. Now is not the time.

Not really aware of any population in real life that acted like this in face of extinction. Probably because they ended up going extinct. The good thing about fiction is you can write them beating the odds despite their abject stupidity.

House Glover and a few others refused to fight so it wasnt just bitchiness. May the NK triumph over them and they can revel in their pettiness in their graves.

Yeah see as a viewer, I agree... how could you not... we've seen the Night King and all he can do and the horde he is bringing to their door.

They have not seen it, only heard it, and they are stupid feudal peasants.

They don't grasp that they face extinction or even that they truly face the greatest threat possible.

This is a fundamental human problem.... we see it in our modern humans with regards to climate change lol

I know you think they should be this monolithic unified North that says "Fuck everything, we gotta fight the Night King" but they aren't....

Your expectations of human beings, especially feudal peasants circa 800-1200 is wildly unrealistic.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Northern peasant who cannot read, never ventures more than a mile or so from his home, and just generally hates anything disturbing his life. Winter is truly coming and you are trying to figure out how to survive it.... have enough food/shelter for you and your family. You heard those Lord fucktards decided on yet another fucking King in the North.... this Jon Snow, he will lead you to whatever.... blah blah you heard it before with dumbass Robb. Oh and now he shows up with a bunch of foreign troops and a foreign Queen....

You don't really know or understand the threat, you are a dumb fucking peasant who will continue to be a dumb fucking peasant until the ice zombies show up.

We can't get people on the same page in a day and age where we can reach a good 90% of people inside of 30 minutes via various digital communication forms if we have enough status/power.... now imagine trying to get feudal peasants on the same page across a giant landmass when they can't read or reason beyond the level of a child most of the time.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is responsible for Ned and many more people that he and his murderous family killed. Ned was killed because of his incest with his sister.

Not backing away from anything. You brought up a 2 year old debate and my stance is the same. Nothing Jamie does is going to redeem him in my book. If you feel he will be redeemed in your book then good for you.

Been saying the same thing for 2 years so not sure why you felt the need to rehash. I don't agree with you. Perhaps it is time you get over that fact. Imagine blaming me because you decide to bring up a 2 year old debate. You can watch waiting for Jamie's redemption and I will watch waiting for Jamie to die hopefully in a most gruesome manner.

LOL, now its he and his family, another weak attempt by you to move the goal posts. He is not responsible for Neds death because he didn't kill him, nor did he have him killed. Jamie was vehemently opposed to the killing of Ned Stark, as was Tywin and Cersei. Stop arguing some butterfly effect theory.

No, its about a redemption arc, not redemption. A redemption arc is a writing technique in which a character is initially seen as a bad guy or dark, and as the character grows and evolves, he becomes good. it really is that simple. It's not about sitting in judgment about whether or not the sum total of his good deeds somehow make up for his past transgressions. You have a personal belief that attempted murder is a non redeeming sin. I don't have a problem with that. It doesn't change the fact that he has been on a redemption arc. Your inability to separate the two concepts either seriously brings into question your intelligence, or is just more of the same Remy BS, where when your losing an argument, you try to change the argument. Not having it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah see as a viewer, I agree... how could you not... we've seen the Night King and all he can do and the horde he is bringing to their door.

They have not seen it, only heard it, and they are stupid feudal peasants.

They don't grasp that they face extinction or even that they truly face the greatest threat possible.

This is a fundamental human problem.... we see it in our modern humans with regards to climate change lol

I know you think they should be this monolithic unified North that says "Fuck everything, we gotta fight the Night King" but they aren't....

Your expectations of human beings, especially feudal peasants circa 800-1200 is wildly unrealistic.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Northern peasant who cannot read, never ventures more than a mile or so from his home, and just generally hates anything disturbing his life. Winter is truly coming and you are trying to figure out how to survive it.... have enough food/shelter for you and your family. You heard those Lord fucktards decided on yet another fucking King in the North.... this Jon Snow, he will lead you to whatever.... blah blah you heard it before with dumbass Robb. Oh and now he shows up with a bunch of foreign troops and a foreign Queen....

You don't really know or understand the threat, you are a dumb fucking peasant who will continue to be a dumb fucking peasant until the ice zombies show up.

We can't get people on the same page in a day and age where we can reach a good 90% of people inside of 30 minutes via various digital communication forms if we have enough status/power.... now imagine trying to get feudal peasants on the same page across a giant landmass when they can't read or reason beyond the level of a child most of the time.

House Glover are not peasants and the man they chose to be King bent the knee because of the threat. You would have yo be truly stupid to still downplay the threat.

I truly hope NK attacks House Glover and they request aid and Dany is like fuck no. Can't waste lives trying to save stupid people.

I agree this is a human problem but I think we are largely the descendants of humans that were smart enough to chose survival over pettiness when their existence was threatened.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So your saying it China where to experience a massive Earthquake, and the US sent 10,000 troops to aid in a humanitarian effort, the Chinese people would try to kill the troops and glare at them as well? I am not buying this at all.

Your reply is oddly specific considering how vague my challenge was lol

Let's align the analogy enough to be relevant.

If China was supposedly about to be invaded by Russia, and the United States sent 10,000 troops to fight and marched them thru Chinese villages to occupy Chinese territory.... yeah pretty sure they would be glared at.

And yes some extremists might try to kill a few.

EDIT: Also Russia suddenly has ice zombies, an ice dragon, and Putin can throw his magic ice spears like some mutant hybrid of Jay Cutler's arm strength and Payton Manning's accuracy.

Last edited: