CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Again not sure how I am being literal. There are literally characters in the story equally annoyed as me so there is no reason for you to assume we should all be as accepting of their stupidity.

Tell you what, let's just say I am more of a Jon Snow kind of guy more concerned with the bigger picture. So yeah like Jon Snow, when I see people being stupid and petty in the face of extinction, I find it annoying. Is that fair or do you want to debate whether every person should feel the exact same way as you do about this?
Awesome. Please stop trying to ruining things for everyone else.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hated the fact that the Lannister army was coming, but xenophobic about Dany....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, I am not at all confused. You seem to think redemption and redemption arc are synonymous. Newsflash, they are not. A redemption arc is a writing tool, used quite often. The show writers have even gone as far as to say Jamie was on a redemption arc, and you still deny it, which is hilarious. As to whether or not you personally think jamies current/recent actions have redeemed his actions in the past is irrelevant, matters like this are left to the court of public opinion. I don't claim ownership, I claim to be with the majority.

Yep you are confused. Whether a writer thinks they are writing a redemption arc or not, I as a reader am still allowed to decide how I feel. And my point to you has always been, I don't find anything action Jamie will supposedly do as redeeming him.

If you are convinced that Jamie is being redeemed then do you bro. I side with Ned Stark on this one. Fuck Jamie. The dude almost murdered a kid and killed an honorable man so he could keep fucking his sister. He then allowed his sister to kill all sorts of people because he was a coward. So no, not buying it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Awesome. Please stop trying to ruining things for everyone else.

You can chose not to respond to me as you will note I didn't comment on your personal opinion of the show. I simply gave my own. Perhaps you should not be so concerned about how other people feel about fictional characters.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everything the Northerners have done in regards to Dany is 100% consistent with everything in the story that has been presented before her arrival.

I'm not saying it's good for them to hate Dany, just true to the story. You and remy can hate them for being stupid, but don't claim it wouldn't happen within the framework of the story.

Ok let's agree that it is consistent within the framework of the story that Northerners are xenophobic, racist assholes who would risk death (House Glover) rather than fight an extinction level threat with foreign aid.

As I said in my first post, the end result is I am left rooting for the Night King to wipe them out. Just as I am rooting for him to wipe out Cersei for her treachery.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, so maybe understand why they may feel a bit xenophobic. Beyond that, the old gray mare that told Bran stories in Season 1 said that these were all legends that could never come true. But sure, these northern farmers should instantly have a change of mind when they're told that the things they've been hearing are ghost stories are actually true.

Fun Fact: I've had three buddies who woke up in a tub of ice who had their kidneys taken from them.

Quit being so fucking literal about a fantasy.
There really wasn't resentment made of the dothraki and the Unsullied armies though. Not in the last episode. All the resentment was targetted at Dany, and the fact she was a Targaryan, and the daughter of the Mad King.

Targaryan's are not a recent development in Westeros, they had been under Targaryan rule for 300 years. And for the vast majority of those 300 years, the North did really well. yes there were plenty of wars and squabbles during those 300 years, but the North stayed out of them leading up to the mad king. Claiming Dany is a foreign invader is tenuous at best, she was born in Westeros. her exile was not the result of anything she did personally either.

this leaves us with just the fact she is the daughter of the mad king. So what? Still compares rather favorably to Cersei, and sooner or later they will have to support one of them, or have you not been paying attention? Jon has already made the point that he doesn't consider the children to be beholding to the actions of their parents (Umbers/Karstarks).

Not saying they shouldn't be aware of the past, but rather they have formulated an opinion before they have ever met the girl, who buy the way just happens to be up there to save their ass.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything the Northerners have done in regards to Dany is 100% consistent with everything in the story that has been presented before her arrival.

I'm not saying it's good for them to hate Dany, just true to the story. You and remy can hate them for being stupid, but don't claim it wouldn't happen within the framework of the story.
I can claim to the extent it would happen is being well blown out of proportion.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, I am. I just think I will end up disappointed but will watch as I am a completionist.
I never like endings (well, I like happy endings), but I kinda feel the same way. I have given the show a lot more margin like Dany flying from DragonStone to beyond the wall to save them in like 20 minutes, etc., just because what else am I gonna do at 8 PM on a Sunday? Sew like a cunt?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I will be shocked if Bronn doesn't turn on Cersei eventually.
He never liked her, but I think his broships with Jaime and Tyrion will lead him to give up pussy and gold for friendship, and die for it!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep you are confused. Whether a writer thinks they are writing a redemption arc or not, I as a reader am still allowed to decide how I feel. And my point to you has always been, I don't find anything action Jamie will supposedly do as redeeming him.

If you are convinced that Jamie is being redeemed then do you bro. I side with Ned Stark on this one. Fuck Jamie. The dude almost murdered a kid and killed an honorable man so he could keep fucking his sister. He then allowed his sister to kill all sorts of people because he was a coward. So no, not buying it.
Nice try but another epic fail on your part. Ned Stark was unaware of why Jamie killed the Mad King, and Robert's Rebellion was based on a lie, so the whole war was unjust. It's Ned that dropped the ball on this one. Jamie didn't kill Ned Stark. Ned found it perfectly acceptable to hide Jon from Robert (an act of treason) once he found out that the whole basis of the rebellion was wrong as well. Ned also found it perfectly acceptable to hide the truth about Rhaegar and Lyanna from the seven kingdoms, yet took it upon himself to expose Jamie and Cersei. Ned Stark was a hypocrite. Dude, you need to pay better attention to the story.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guessing HBO won't let Bronn be a bad guy like that (speaking of redemption arcs), but you never know! He might kill one and get killed by the other
i am not claiming to know, but the question was do you think he will.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nice try but another epic fail on your part. Ned Stark was unaware of why jamie killed the Mad King, and Robert's Rebellion was based on a lie, so the whole war was unjust. It's Ned with the Epic fail. Jamie didn't kill Ned Stark. Ned found it perfectly acceptable to hide Jon from Robert (an act of treason) once he found out that the whole basis of the rebellions was wrong as well. Ned also found it perfectly acceptable to hide the truth about Rhaegar and Lyanna from the seven kingdoms, yet took it upon himself to expose jamie and Cersei. ned Stark was a hypocrit. Dude, you need to pay better attention to the story.

Lol, Jamie and Cersei are responsible for almost killing Bran and killing Ned. Furthermore, nothing you claim Ned did resulted in him killing someone. Are you going to claim Jamie is not responsible for anyone's death on the show. The dude is a murderous asshole. He literally says the "the things I do for love," as he then casually pushes Bran out a window to his seeming death.

You have gone full blown Jamie nuthugger trying to compare Ned's transgressions to Jamie's.

Last edited: