Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty accurate except I think we don't really know what the peasants think or believe so there is a bit of projection there. It could very well be the case that like the Lords they understand the threat and still decide to be petty. Not speaking of you specifically but I find there is a tendency to imagine in stories like these that peasants are some downtrodden class victims of their circumstances when in reality peasants or the poor to be more generally are no different than the rich at times when it comes to being petty, xenophobic, racist or anything else.

I never brought in the discussion peasants. Ares did. My comments were about the North as a whole and at some point Ares starting talking about peasants and I guess assumed that is what we were discussing.

Fair enough. Given enough people there are bound to be some that disagree. But IMHO, I think the peasants are even less likely to give a shit than their Lords (who should know better but). All the little people want to do is survive. They could really care less about honor, and who's sigil is flying on the Castle wall. From their perspective it really doesn't matter much anyways.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw a fan theory that he is a greenseer (theory linked to him possibly being Bran) so he foresaw Dany acquiring dragons and thus laid a trap that would force her to come rescue them.

While there are other means to getting around the wall, those means are more time consuming and would leave them vulnerable to attack so he waited until he could acquire a dragon to destroy the wall and enter en masse.
i don't think GRRM is stupid enough to fall down that rabbit hole (seeing the future). God I hope not. It would destroy the whole story. having two people on opposing sides "seeing the future" and then going back and manipulating the past to change the future leaves you with an infinite number of story lines.

Seeing the past and the present is akin to reading books and watching the news, I can live with that. Not the future crap though. I can't think of anything that would leave me more disgusted with the show tbh.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or the winter that comes along with them/Night King could freeze water enough to traverse it... or build like iceberg ships... or Night King could just tow a barge of them with his dragon.

I feel like if the Night King were to win on the main landmass and Winter thus kept spreading, the seas would not save anyone... Iron Islands in particular, Night King would figure out how to get his zombies to them and overrun them.

Now I have this image of Night King spearfishing Kraken from his dragon so he can create Wight Kraken that transport the Wights to battle on various islands.

Well there was a reason he was heading towards Eastwatch, the fact it was the one castle next to the sea isn't a coincidence.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok so let's end on this summary then.

1. Yes the Lords of the North as far as we can tell accept the threat of the Night King.

2. No not all the Lords are above being petty about Dany and her foreign soldiers even in the face of the Night King... hence House Glover and Lyanna Mormont.

3. Based on the angry glares of the peasants in the last episode, some subset of the Northern peasants are ignorant of the threat and are being petty/racist/xenophobic over their own survival either in line with their Lords or contrary to them.

4. All of these behaviors are realistic of human beings whether you agree with them or not.

the one thing that has been left out of this is, As much as the Northern Lords might dislike Dany, they ahve to hate Cersei even more. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand, sooner or later, they are going to have to support one. Sure, they could try to claim Independence, but eventually, Dany or Cersei will win and their attention will turn North. The have a much better chance of getting favorable terms if Dany wins, and there is no way they would be able to stand up against either of them.

And if Dany were to turn out to be that undesirable of a leader, there is nothing to stop them from breaking treaty with her then.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Fair enough. Given enough people there are bound to be some that disagree. But IMHO, I think the peasants are even less likely to give a shit than their Lords (who should know better but). All the little people want to do is survive. They could really care less about honor, and who's sigil is flying on the Castle wall. From their perspective it really doesn't matter much anyways.

A family like the Starks gets a lot of loyalty, not just from other noble houses, but even the peasants. They do take pride in being in Winterfell with the Starks. I'm not saying it's unanimous, but a family with a history of decency will generate more goodwill from the peasants than a bunch of dicks like the Boltons.

The people of the North from the nobles to the peasants will not like a bunch of foreign armies and The Mad Kings daughter moving in, even if it isn't the smartest move strategically, the people know they need Dany, but they don't have to like it. Keeping in mind the Norths resentment so far has had no real negative impact on preparations to battle the NK. I understand some CCS fan fiction writers are projecting ahead as to what might happen, and they don't like what they are making up, not one little bit.

The people of the North, usually stick together, and never trust outsiders, that has been a major theme of the show since season 1 episode 1. If the show suddenly changed that dynamic most viewers (myself included) would be very disappointed. It would be like if Sansa suddenly decided to open a brothel, "WTF, where did that come from?".

remy wants all the people of Westeros to join together is the spirit of brotherhood and tolerance and love each other regardless of race or religion. I am so glad remy is not writing this show, that would be so dull, never would have made it to season 2.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Another random question.

Why hasn't Dany had any kind of saddle built for at least Drogon?

Seems like you could at least have one that hooks around the spikes or wedges in between them.

You could go all the way and lash it around the underside of the dragon, but Dany would have to do it herself cuz Drogon would prolly fucking eat anyone else who tried to do such a thing.

Idk, I would want some kind of saddle or something to anchor me to the dragon so I don't accidentally fall off and die and ruin the fate of Westeros lol

Oh Dany gets in the saddle all right, when she's with her nephew, if you know what I mean.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i don't think GRRM is stupid enough to fall down that rabbit hole (seeing the future). God I hope not. It would destroy the whole story. having two people on opposing sides "seeing the future" and then going back and manipulating the past to change the future leaves you with an infinite number of story lines.

Seeing the past and the present is akin to reading books and watching the news, I can live with that. Not the future crap though. I can't think of anything that would leave me more disgusted with the show tbh.

Don't think it was that expansive a power where NK can go back in time and change things. Moreso that he had a vision of Dany and one of her dragons destroying the wall.

So moreso a means to explain why he waited 8000k years and why he made his move during this era as perhaps it was Dany and her eventual control of the dragons that awakened him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A family like the Starks gets a lot of loyalty, not just from other noble houses, but even the peasants. They do take pride in being in Winterfell with the Starks. I'm not saying it's unanimous, but a family with a history of decency will generate more goodwill from the peasants than a bunch of dicks like the Boltons.

The people of the North from the nobles to the peasants will not like a bunch of foreign armies and The Mad Kings daughter moving in, even if it isn't the smartest move strategically, the people know they need Dany, but they don't have to like it. Keeping in mind the Norths resentment so far has had no real negative impact on preparations to battle the NK. I understand some CCS fan fiction writers are projecting ahead as to what might happen, and they don't like what they are making up, not one little bit.

The people of the North, usually stick together, and never trust outsiders, that has been a major theme of the show since season 1 episode 1. If the show suddenly changed that dynamic most viewers (myself included) would be very disappointed. It would be like if Sansa suddenly decided to open a brothel, "WTF, where did that come from?".

remy wants all the people of Westeros to join together is the spirit of brotherhood and tolerance and love each other regardless of race or religion. I am so glad remy is not writing this show, that would be so dull, never would have made it to season 2.

Um House Glover backing out does have negative consequences for preparation.

Nope I want the people of Westeroos to defeat the threat. Then they can go back to being petty.

Your season 2 comment is odd as Night King threat was not as imminent then so no I would understand their pettiness and politics prior to an extinction level threat.

Odd to since Avengers Endgame will have people coming together to deal with an extinction level threat and it will make a boatload of cash.

Almost suggests there is more than one way to tell a successful story and people are free to have differing opinions about it. Not sure why the continued talk of it as I already said you can believe what you want. Some of you just like to vortex I guess.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your season 2 comment is odd as Night King threat was not as imminent then so no I would understand their pettiness and politics prior to an extinction level threat.

Avengers Endgame

"remy wants all the people of Westeros to join together is the spirit of brotherhood and tolerance and love each other regardless of race or religion. I am so glad remy is not writing this show, that would be so dull, never would have made it to season 2. "

Yeah I stand by that.

But your MCU GOT mashup intrigues me, throw in a dash of Star Wars...

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...e-rise-of-skywalker.71591/page-2#post-3078795

You just keep spinning into the future remy.

giphy.gif

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I love how some of you get so bitter about a fictional universe. You going to pull an Ncog and bring this up 2 years from now too?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love how some of you get so bitter about a fictional universe. You going to pull an Ncog and bring this up 2 years from now too?

I don't know what an Ncog is, and only you know the future. As far as bitter, I'm fine with the North throwing shade at Dany, you're the one pretending that this perfectly logical reaction to Dany is a flaw in the plot line, when it obviously is not. Like the loss of the mighty House Glover and all 500 fighters will have any impact on the outcome of the war.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't know what an Ncog is, and only you know the future. As far as bitter, I'm fine with the North throwing shade at Dany, you're the one pretending that this perfectly logical reaction to Dany is a flaw in the plot line, when it obviously is not. Like the loss of the mighty House Glover and all 500 fighters will have any impact on the outcome of the war.

No actually I am not.

Everything the Northerners have done in regards to Dany is 100% consistent with everything in the story that has been presented before her arrival.

I'm not saying it's good for them to hate Dany, just true to the story. You and remy can hate them for being stupid, but don't claim it wouldn't happen within the framework of the story.

Ok let's agree that it is consistent within the framework of the story that Northerners are xenophobic, racist assholes who would risk death (House Glover) rather than fight an extinction level threat with foreign aid.

As I said in my first post, the end result is I am left rooting for the Night King to wipe them out. Just as I am rooting for him to wipe out Cersei for her treachery.

This is my post 6769. I already said lets agree it is consistent with the framework of the story.

100 posts later and you still crying about something I conceded. Truly odd to be so bitter about this that you still bringing it up.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
100 posts later and you still crying about something I conceded. Truly odd to be so bitter about this thay you still bringing it up.

One guy is fine with this story arc, one guy is very upset about it. Engaging remy logic, the upset guy is not bitter.

I have no problem with this part of the story, you have a huge problem with it, who's crying?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
One guy is fine with this story arc, one guy is very upset about it. Engaging remy logic, the upset guy is not bitter.

I have no problem with this part of the story, you have a huge problem with it, who's crying?

Where did I say I have a huge problem with it?

You said it was consistent with the framework of the story and I conceded. You said Ncog and I can hate them as long as we say it is consistent with story which is what I did. So why are you still talking about this?

You are the one that called my name after I did what you asked. Were you not sincere in the post I quoted above?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think it was that expansive a power where NK can go back in time and change things. Moreso that he had a vision of Dany and one of her dragons destroying the wall.

So moreso a means to explain why he waited 8000k years and why he made his move during this era as perhaps it was Dany and her eventual control of the dragons that awakened him.
As I said, I think it was the comet that awakened him (or some other magical event) and the Dragons. But I don't think they are tied together, rather a spike in magic throughout the kingdom itself.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am an Ncog...it's a reference to my screen name (which is phonetic for incogneto btw).

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am an Ncog...it's a reference to my screen name (which is phonetic for incogneto btw).

Ncog sounds like a slur to me.

Stfu you dirty Ncog scum!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As I said, I think it was the comet that awakened him (or some other magical event) and the Dragons. But I don't think they are tied together, rather a spike in magic throughout the kingdom itself.

Yeah I have heard that theory as well. Hopefully all of this gets explained at some point as with only 5 episodes to go, there is a lot to do. I would actually prefer more time devoted to the NK and that whole mystery than these petty human dramas as they really don't interest me.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a bloated monstrosity this has become