Game of Thrones Thread

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look for Bran to defend Jaime at his trial. He'll tell all the Kingslayer slayed the Mad King because the Mad King was about to "Burn them all". Jaime will go on to save some lives, specifically Stark lives. Indications he will save Arya in the initial battle and it's almost a certainty he saves Bran's as well. His arch is complete when he again saves millions as he chokes the life out of his sister as, she too, gives the order to burn them all after KL is easily overtaken by the Dany/Jon Alied powers.
Careful, I have been informed we are not to make predictions. Do you think that explains jamies shocked look on his face during his trial when he turns his head to the left? Is this Bran defending Jamie? Which under the circumstances, Jamie should be shocked that is is Bran that is speaking up for him.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Careful, I have been informed we are not to make predictions.

I predict you will ask a question, then quote your own post and answer your own question.

Is it irritating? Yes.

Should you take this seriously? No.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My opinion was proven right long ago, when the writers themselves stated Jamie was on a redemption arc

I went back and checked.

I am fully aware that others may see Jamie as being on some redemptive arc. I am fully aware that that may even be the intent of Martin and the showrunners. I am simply saying, you have produced no direct statement from them confirming this fact like you seemed to suggest you had and I am saying Jamie can't really be redeemed from my perspective at this point when he's sat idly by and let his sister and son run rampant.

Others are free to disagree but again, my ability to buy into some redemption of Jamie ended as his last son was plummeting to his death and before he hit the pavement below. There may have been a chance had Jamie acted like a man and slapped some sense into Cersei but instead he continued to behave like a cuckold. His character is ruined for me. He's a pathetic and cowardly man who could never stand up to his sister as she destroyed their family. Any sort of redemption will be too little too late from my perspective.

In fact, I find him more pathetic than Theon because at least Theon was brutally tortured into submission and is showing some attempt to actually break free from that submission by freeing Sansa. He then backed done from Euron but then returned to Dany looking for help to free his sister. So he's not completely cured but you can see him struggling with himself to find a way back. Jamie was not tortured. He just became a pathetic and cowardly bitch regarding his sister by choice. He's had plenty of opportunities to stand up to her and he does nothing.

This is the exact same shit I am saying now. So not sure how you claim to have been proven right all of a sudden. You basically brought up a 2 year old debate where nothing has changed in our positions at all.

Do you want me to just repost all my old arguments on the matter?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Careful, I have been informed we are not to make predictions. Do you think that explains jamies shocked look on his face during his trial when he turns his head to the left? Is this Bran defending Jamie? Which under the circumstances, Jamie should be shocked that is is Bran that is speaking up for him.
Well, that and the fact we see Jaime fight in the episode 3 battle in the season trailer put out before the season began. Obviously no serious punishment coming from this trial as not only Bran but Brienne will likely back the story of why the Mad King had to be taken out before he took all out.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soooo, Im pretty set on Dany knowing Jon Snow is blood. She has not been dumb this whole time. Quiet and shy. Sure. But, never dumb. I think she may think their line would be a "pure" blood if they had a child. Even though, we know it makes insane babies with 7 toes.

I mean science is very rare in that age range.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My opinion was proven right long ago, when the writers themselves stated Jamie was on a redemption arc

Also odd that in post 6846 you say we had a debate that couldnt be proven right at the time but now you say here that you were proven right long ago.

Well which is it Ncog? Hard to debate someone who isnt even sure when they won this alleged debate.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went back and checked.

This is the exact same shit I am saying now. So not sure how you claim to have been proven right all of a sudden. You basically brought up a 2 year old debate where nothing has changed in our positions at all.

Do you want me to just repost all my old arguments on the matter?
So, Im gonna be like numbers and totally regret this. But, do you really feel Jaimie is not on some kind of redemption arc where he either dies for the cause or destroyes something important for the cause? I mean the guy basically went from a heel to a face in the series. I dont care about yall argument just trying to see ya side.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Soooo, Im pretty set on Dany knowing Jon Snow is blood. She has not been dumb this whole time. Quiet and shy. Sure. But, never dumb. I think she may think their line would be a "pure" blood if they had a child. Even though, we know it makes insane babies with 7 toes.

I mean science is very rare in that age range.

You think she knew before or after fucking him?

Like was she unaware until he slipped his dick in her and she was like "Holy shit, that is a Targaryen dick."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So, Im gonna be like numbers and totally regret this. But, do you really feel Jaimie is not on some kind of redemption arc where he either dies for the cause or destroyes something important for the cause? I mean the guy basically went from a heel to a face in the series. I dont care about yall argument just trying to see ya side.

Again I get that may be the intent of the writers and others may feel that way but personally Jamie can eat a dick. The dude let his fam butcher several people, killed people in cold blood and even sat by while Cersei drove his child to suicide. He cannot be redeemed in my opinion.

But again if you want to buy into some redemptive arc then do you. Just like if someone murdered my fam, one family member may forgive him while I may not. That is a personal decision which has been my point to Ncog all along.

His dying for the cause will be justice but I will still wish he rots in hell.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think she knew before or after fucking him?

Like was she unaware until he slipped his dick in her and she was like "Holy shit, that is a Targaryen dick."
I think she knew when he pet the dragon. I mean who ask someone to ride a dragon unless she knew? I think it was her final test and yes, I dont believe she cares if he was blood. It runs in the family.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again I get that may be the intent of the writers and others may feel that way but personally Jamie can eat a dick. The dude let his fam butcher several people, killed people in cold blood and even sat by while Cersei drove his child to suicide. He cannot be redeemed in my opinion.

But again if you want to buy into some redemptive arc then do you. Just like if someone murdered my fam, one family member may forgive him while I may not. That is a personal decision which has been my point to Ncog all along.
Thats fine, but do you not think he is going to do something good in the show before it ends? No matter what his past was in the show? I think thats more what I am getting at.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thats fine, but do you not think he is going to do something good in the show before it ends? No matter what his past was in the show? I think thats more what I am getting at.

Yes of course I never disputed that. Ncog was just caught up on labeling that a redemption arc. He thinks that means he was redeemed. I think it will be him finally being punished for his many crimes presuming his good deed hopefully ends in his death.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think she knew when he pet the dragon. I mean who ask someone to ride a dragon unless she knew? I think it was her final test and yes, I dont believe she cares if he was blood. It runs in the family.
i don't think she knew he was a targ. As to whether or not that would have mattered hard to say. I am not so sure Dany even knows only Valaryans can ride dragons, they haven't been around for quite some time. it's not like the mad king had a dragon.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don’t do predictions. I’m just along for the ride!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Daario Naharis will show up to fight Jon for Dany's snatch....

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I don't think she has any clue at all regarding John. I think she's conceited enough at this point that she believes 100% she is the last of her kind and is fulfilling her destiny. That the only reason the dragon's don't eat John is due to her presence.

When it comes to light that John is who he is, I don't think she is going to take it well. I foresee some internal struggle there for her character. It flips her whole perceived meaning of life upside down in a matter of seconds. Everything she has worked for now falls into the hands of someone else.

Maybe the love she has for him and the greater good all fall into place as they should. We will find out soon enough.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
People are always gonna underestimate the severity of the oncoming storm. While many might believe Jon now, they still haven't seen for themselves. When they do, they will shut their whiny yaps and get behind him just for protection if nothing else.
Like a measles outbreak?

OH SHIT!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
i don't think she knew he was a targ. As to whether or not that would have mattered hard to say. I am not so sure Dany even knows only Valaryans can ride dragons, they haven't been around for quite some time. it's not like the mad king had a dragon.
Just judging from a couple things that seemed obvious, I think Silence is right. First, while discussing the premier, the showrunners made it seem like it's known to all that dragons will only let those with Targaryen blood ride them. If it's known to all, it should definitely be known to the Targaryens themselves. Again, I point to Dave saying Jon should have known but he's sometimes slow on the uptake. Second, you only need look at Dany's reaction to when Jon pet the dragon and compare it to when she told him to ride the dragon. She was very much shocked when the dragon let him pet it but was very much confident the dragon would allow him to ride it in the premiere. Now, this doesn't mean she would think he was as closely related to her as he is. She still believes herself to be the only pure Targaryen but Jon being a bastard could have had her thinking he was unknowingly a Targaryen bastard. She would only know that he'd have to have some Targaryen blood in him.

This is the video where Dan alludes to the fact that Jon should have obviously known he was Targaryen when the dragon allowed him to ride it. His comment about it comes about 3:30 in the vid.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes of course I never disputed that. Ncog was just caught up on labeling that a redemption arc. He thinks that means he was redeemed. I think it will be him finally being punished for his many crimes presuming his good deed hopefully ends in his death.
If he's around after the war against the dead, which I highly suspect he will be as he's still the main one expected to kill Cersei, I don't see him dying.