Game of Thrones Thread

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm going to go full warlock here and say it's all subjective: 1) I didn't like how the Kirk Cameron lookalike portrayed him -- I thought there was room for more sinister subtlety, but 2) На вкус и на цвет, товарищей нет.

I also hated the US version of Shameless, so, sue me

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm going to go full warlock here and say it's all subjective: 1) I didn't like how the Kirk Cameron lookalike portrayed him -- I thought there was room for more sinister subtlety, but 2) На вкус и на цвет, товарищей нет.

I also hated the US version of Shameless, so, sue me

The actor playing Ramsey was a little over the top evil, but his actions were also over the top evil. Joffrey and Ramsay, it doesn't get much more evil on tv than those two.

The US version of Shameless has been great so far, let me guess the Brit version of The Office was better, Brit tv snob.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Here is a fun fact that won’t ruin anything

In the books Ramsey never meets Sansa. Actually no one knows she is with littlefinger. They have one of sansa friend-Jayne Poole- who was captured in Kings Landing impersonating Arya so that the Bolton’s can hold the north. Then Theon helps her escape to get to the wall.

I think they did a good job with Ramsey. They really made us hate everything he is

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tonight, Ghost is reunited with Jon. As Jon introduces Ghost to Dany, she says "He's a magnificent beast." Jon replies with "He's not a beast. He's my child."

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
At this point I might as well just post my posts from 2 years ago as my stance is the same.

Since you want to revisit the argument. Here was my other main point ie Jamie is the same Jamie. So what has actually happened in the 8 seasons? Has Jamie actually magically turned into a hero from villain. No not really. He saved everyone from the mad king afterall so he always had some heroic qualities in him. The only thing that has changed is his relationship with Cersei and because she was always the main cause of his bad deeds, he looks better when he is not around her.

Jamie was never wholly a hero or a villain. His defining character trait was his cowardice when it came to Cersei and his family. He looks more heroic now because Cersei stopped giving him the pussy and so he soured on her. That is not redemption to me but do you bro. I never saw Jamie as a hero or a villain. I saw him as a cuckold who does bad things when under Cersei's influence and good things when his mind isn't on fucking his sister. Same dude since day 1.
I agree with a lot of this but don't you think Jaime has become less of a dick? Like earlier in the show he was always arrogant and smug, making fun of Brienne constantly, and basically everyone he came across. I think losing his hand humbled him, and changed his outlook a little. Yay or nay?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Finally, Peace in Westeros.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shrug, these guys wasting episodes like they have 12 this season.

"You knew exactly who Cersei was. And you loved her anyway."

That sums up Jamie as a character.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yeah they should have made the last episode longer and got all this intro crap out of the way

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah they should have made the last episode longer and got all this intro crap out of the way

Would have liked nore debate over Jamie. Dude fucked with a lot of people there but somwhow got off easier than Dany. All so we can see Giant dude drink milk and hit on Brienne.

Anyways, hopefully all the filler over now.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much for the comet theory:

The symbols had nothing to do with the comet theory.

Shrug, these guys wasting episodes like they have 12 this season.

"You knew exactly who Cersei was. And you loved her anyway."

That sums up Jamie as a character.
Indeed. The clever Imp still has it. Seems they spent the first 2 episodes answering all the questions and giving viewers what they wanted for their favorite characters. Still good TV from that aspect but now comes the most talked about episode, the epic battle. King of the 7 Kingdoms, Aegon "You can still call me Jon" Targaryen leads the charge with his Aunt that he has impregnated.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would have liked nore debate over Jamie. Dude fucked with a lot of people there but somwhow got off easier than Dany. All so we can see Giant dude drink milk and hit on Brienne.

Anyways, hopefully all the filler over now.
Dany has already admitted her father was an evil man. Bran had the info that could take him down but didn't want to use it as he knows Jaime is on a redemption arc.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
That grossed me out a little as she looks so young. Had to wiki Maisie Williams just to remind myself she is of age.
VpjqCWF.png

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So much for the comet theory:

The symbols had nothing to do with the comet theory.

Their is no symbol mystery, the writer explained it a few days ago, the symbols are a middle finger to the living.

At 17:30 the guy who wrote the show explaines the symbols.

And I liked tonight's episode, some great dialog, plenty of time for the war. I did not like Jon spilling the beans to Dany right before the battle, WTF does that accomplish?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dany has already admitted her father was an evil man. Bran had the info that could take him down but didn't want to use it as he knows Jaime is on a redemption arc.

A bit too easy for my liking. Didnt even reveal his reasons for killing the mad king. Just feels rushed and now we only have 4 more episodes left.
Their is no symbol mystery, the writer explained it a few days ago, the symbols are a middle finger to the living.

And I liked tonight's episode, some great dialog, plenty of time for the war. I did not like Jon spilling the beans to Dany right before the battle, WTF does that accomplish?

Customary episode cliffhanger. No logical reason in story to risk Dany being upset right before battle.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A bit too easy for my liking. Didnt even reveal his reasons for killing the mad king. Just feels rushed and now we only have 4 more episodes left.

Customary episode cliffhanger. No logical reason in story to risk Dany being upset right before battle.

I guess that was what the writers were thinking, but really 100,000 zombies and a zombie dragon heading for the castle that's a pretty compelling cliffhanger, more than enough IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess that was what the writers were thinking, but really 100,000 zombies and a zombie dragon heading for the castle that's a pretty compelling cliffhanger, more than enough IMO.

Speaking of which. Why would the NK expose himself just to kill Bran? Let the 100k kill everyone and then kill Bran. Dude in a wheelchair.

Last edited: