Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
arya gave up the box
"I'm not the red woman. Take your own bloody pants off." Seems like Arya did a lot of investigation, w/Bran, on the men in her life before Jon and company arrived.
Their is no symbol mystery, the writer explained it a few days ago, the symbols are a middle finger to the living.

And I liked tonight's episode, some great dialog, plenty of time for the war. I did not like Jon spilling the beans to Dany right before the battle, WTF does that accomplish?
and a calling card of sorts.

I liked it too. But I also liked Jon spilling the beans. She's the most integral person in his life now. He has to be 100% honest with her. It's who he is and always has been. Get it out of the way. He's still focused on just the war against the Dead.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Speaking of which. Why would the NK expose himself just to kill Bran? Let the 100k kill everyone ans then kill Bran. Dude in a wheelchair.
He can expose himself to anyone. He doesn't go down as easy as his wights or even his Generals. He wants Bran for the very reasons Bran spelled out. He'll kill all but has a specific target as well.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much for the comet theory:

Naw, doesn't disprove the comet theory at all, and actually I agree with the link you posted. But why did the CotF create that symbol? The comet is significant, pay close attention to the swords in the opening credits (btw they changed every season). One of them has a large dragon (Dany) with 3 smaller dragons, and.........a comet.

Attachments

• S8_pic_3.jpg
    S8_pic_3.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 2

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He can expose himself to anyone. He doesn't go down as easy as his wights or even his Generals. He wants Bran for the very reasons Bran spelled out. He'll kill all but has a specific target as well.

They know how to kill everything else, but the NK is his own thing, they asked Bran if dragon fire will kill him, Bran was like "who knows, he's never died".

I know whats not going to happen, the NK rushes in to cap Bran and gets killed by Sam and the whole army of the dead just crumbles, war over! Sam the walker killer, fucker of Gilly, reader of books!

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
They know how to kill everything else, but the NK is his own thing, they asked Bran if dragon fire will kill him, Bran was like "who knows, he's never died".

I know whats not going to happen, the NK rushes in to cap Bran and gets killed by Sam and the whole army of the dead just crumbles, war over! Sam the walker killer, fucker of Gilly, reader of books!
I think the symbols first used by the children were part of the magic used to create NK. Now NK wants to do exactly as Bran says, put an end to their world, the memory of it, and all the magic with it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Why don't they tie Bran to a dragon, and fly that dragon way way north?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah I am am still waiting for my 100k undead to kill everyone else first.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

#calledit

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Who's dying next episode?

I got Greyworm, Jaime, Bronn, red head who's in love with Brienne, and guy who the Hound threatened to throw off the wall.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of foreshadowing with Jon and Dany's whole deal so easy to see how that will go. Prior to Jon revealing his identity to her, all listened to Bran say the NK was coming for him cause he is this world's memory and the NK wants to erase that memory. Dany really has no cause to not believe, she's just as surprised as Jon first was. She also trusts Jon so she'll get over it. Also still have to strongly believe it's gonna be revealed she's pregnant within the next couple of episodes, as that was also foreshadowed, and that will help change her feelings on everything Iron Throne as the war against the Dead also will. Will they still marry despite being related? Also foreshadowed long ago when Jon told Sam no child of his would ever be a bastard. Targaryens also big on incest. Dany's own parents were brother and sister so Aunt and nephew nothing but a thing.

We know the battle of WF against the dead takes up the entire next episode. I suspect it will end with the Dead in control and Team King Jon in retreat looking for another answer. They'll win it in episode 4 and go on to get Cersei off the Throne which will be a rather easy task as I suspect Varys does some talking to the Golden company and gets them to either join up with Jon or just go back from where they come. As this theory goes, the Eunich has always wanted a Targaryen on the throne. The reason he shaved his head is to hide his hair color that would hint of his Targaryen heritage. The final episode, or last half of it, will just be a some kind of flash forward to the after fluff of them rebuilding, Dany/Jon denouncing the throne and letting each Kingdom rule itself while being transitional defacto King/Queen in the meanwhile as all is rebuilt and the Kingdoms separate ruling councils put in place.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
That was my favorite part of the entire episode. Here's a guy that knows everything in the past, but when asked if something will work in the future, he's all:

giphy.gif

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was my favorite part of the entire episode. Here's a guy that knows everything in the past, but when asked if something will work in the future, he's all:

giphy.gif
As he said, nobody has ever tried it so there's no past info he can draw on.

I also liked him throwing in the "The things we do for love" line. He wasn't gonna out Jaime but had to fuck with him just a little.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

I got Greyworm, Jaime, Bronn, red head who's in love with Brienne, and guy who the Hound threatened to throw off the wall.
Heard so much about Grey Worm dying here but the fact he tells Missandei he'll take her home maybe foreshadowing (kinda weak though) he actually survives this. No way Jaime dies. Bronn's nowhere close to the action soooooo, no. Brienne possibly. Either her or their new group singer. Hound sticks around for the Clegane Bowl at the end. Berek, I'm gonna go way out there and say NK does get to Bran and kills him. Berek brings him back and dies himself.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Heard so much about Grey Worm dying here but the fact he tells Missandei he'll take her home maybe foreshadowing (kinda weak though) he actually survives this. No way Jaime dies. Bronn's nowhere close to the action soooooo, no. Brienne possibly. Either her or their new group singer. Hound sticks around for the Clegane Bowl at the end. Berek, I'm gonna go way out there and say NK does get to Bran and kills him. Berek brings him back and dies himself.
Forgot to add Podrick. I don't really think that Jaime is going to die, but out of the real main characters I think he's the most likely.

Bronn was asked to kill Jaime and the half man, don't you think he'll be at winterfell by some point in the next episode? Or do you think that'll (whether he tries to kill them or not, and whether he's successful or not) be resolved after episode 3?

Also, the battle between the living and the dead will all be resolved in the next episode right? I assume the last 3 episodes will be dedicated to who ends up on the iron throne.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

No way on Jamie. Bronn wasn't even there yet, so unless he arrives in the first seen, no way there as well.

Who I think will die?

Pod, Theon, Beric, Jorah, Lord Royce (commander of the Vale)

maybe's......

Brienne, Lady mormont, The Karstrak girl, Tormund ( I doubt this there is no one else to take his place as leader of the wildlings)

Safe

Arya, Bran, Jon, Dany, Gendry, The Hound, Tyrion, Varys, Jamie

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forgot to add Podrick. I don't really think that Jaime is going to die, but out of the real main characters I think he's the most likely.

Bronn was asked to kill Jaime and the half man, don't you think he'll be at winterfell by some point in the next episode? Or do you think that'll (whether he tries to kill them or not, and whether he's successful or not) be resolved after episode 3?

Also, the battle between the living and the dead will all be resolved in the next episode right? I assume the last 3 episodes will be dedicated to who ends up on the iron throne.

If Bronn intended to kill Jamie and Tyrion, why on earth would he attempt to do so now? Why not just let the NK do it for him? And no, I don't think the battle between the living and the dead will be resolved next episode, at best they might fight to a stalemate, more likely WF falls and they retreat.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
No way on Jamie. Bronn wasn't even there yet, so unless he arrives in the first seen, no way there as well.

Who I think will die?

Pod, Theon, Beric, Jorah, Lord Royce (commander of the Vale)

maybe's......

Brienne, Lady mormont, The Karstrak girl, Tormund ( I doubt this there is no one else to take his place as leader of the wildlings)

Safe

Arya, Bran, Jon, Dany, Gendry, The Hound, Tyrion, Varys, Jamie
Who do you expect to win the Clegane Bowl? I mean the Hound seems to want it more, but idk. What do you think?

Also @Spartan what do you think about that ^ question?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The actor mentioned his final scene without spoiling what actually happens: “I had a great last scene. It was absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect way to end.” However, he did say the scene was towards the end, which means we’ll see plenty of Jaime in the upcoming season.

“Obviously I can’t tell you what the scene was. It wasn’t the final scene (of the series), but it was close to the end, and it was shot at a beautiful location,” the actor said, revealing that other cast members finished their filming for season 8 before him. “At this point, I had seen quite a lot of colleagues wrap, so I had seen a lot of tears, beautiful speeches, and I knew what to expect.”