Game of Thrones Thread

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
If Bronn intended to kill Jamie and Tyrion, why on earth would he attempt to do so now? Why not just let the NK do it for him? And no, I don't think the battle between the living and the dead will be resolved next episode, at best they might fight to a stalemate, more likely WF falls and they retreat.
He wants his reward, and I assume he wouldn't get it if he didn't do the killing himself. Also, I just think this being the longest battle scene in history and all, that it'll be resolved within the next episode. I suppose WF could fall and the characters retreat. Though I don't expect that to happen, I expect Dany and the North to have some sort of conflict with Cersei's forces, though I may be wrong. Cersei's forces may be needed to defeat the NK.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forgot to add Podrick. I don't really think that Jaime is going to die, but out of the real main characters I think he's the most likely.

Bronn was asked to kill Jaime and the half man, don't you think he'll be at winterfell by some point in the next episode? Or do you think that'll (whether he tries to kill them or not, and whether he's successful or not) be resolved after episode 3?

Also, the battle between the living and the dead will all be resolved in the next episode right? I assume the last 3 episodes will be dedicated to who ends up on the iron throne.
The way this episode went for Brienne is making me think her character is done. She more likely than Podrick will die. I think Bronn joins in maybe episode 4 when the fight is taken further south. The Fight against the dead, I'm pretty sure will be resolved in episode 4. Next week I expect the Dead to send them in retreat and they'll have to regroup and come up with another plan.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I think the Hound and Arya will combine to kill the mountain.
The Hound needs to have some sort of duel with the Mountain though, you could tell he's just chomping at the bit. In season 7 he walked up to him at started talking shit as soon as he saw him lol.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wants his reward, and I assume he wouldn't get it if he didn't do the killing himself. Also, I just think this being the longest battle scene in history and all, that it'll be resolved within the next episode. I suppose WF could fall and the characters retreat. Though I don't expect that to happen, I expect Dany and the North to have some sort of conflict with Cersei's forces, though I may be wrong. Cersei's forces may be needed to defeat the NK.

Bron was paid in advance. I think the NK makes it to Kings Landing. We already have seen Yara setting up a fall back position, not much need for that scene if they were going to win the battle at WF. Also seen a scene with Jon and Dany at Dragon stone discussing how to end it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The way this episode went for Brienne is making me think her character is done. She more likely than Podrick will die. I think Bronn joins in maybe episode 4 when the fight is taken further south. The Fight against the dead, I'm pretty sure will be resolved in episode 4. Next week I expect the Dead to send them in retreat and they'll have to regroup and come up with another plan.

I think you nailed it, I am on the fence about Brienne.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who do you expect to win the Clegane Bowl? I mean the Hound seems to want it more, but idk. What do you think?

Also @Spartan what do you think about that ^ question?
I think if Jaime dies, the Mountain kills him after he kills Cersei. Also think Arya and the Hound double team Mountain to kill him.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Hmm, so do you think there will be a conflict between Cersei's forces and Dany's army?

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0

So if Bronn was paid in advance, then I guess he has no incentive to actually go through with it. You'd expect him to be conflicted since he's cool with both of them. Also, you think there will be any sort of conflict between Cersei's army and Dany's army?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Bronn intended to kill Jamie and Tyrion, why on earth would he attempt to do so now? Why not just let the NK do it for him? And no, I don't think the battle between the living and the dead will be resolved next episode, at best they might fight to a stalemate, more likely WF falls and they retreat.

Based on the trailer it looks like Winterfell didn't go well for the living. I know they are not compelled to be true to the trailer, but I could see things going poorly and the army of the living falling back. If that is what happens I would have liked to seen them planning a worst case scenario fall back position to regroup farther South. They can still do it, just don't make it "we are all so lucky we all fell back to The Twins or The Eyrie".

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hound needs to have some sort of duel with the Mountain though, you could tell he's just chomping at the bit. In season 7 he walked up to him at started talking shit as soon as he saw him lol.
This was also foreshadowed this episode when Arya asked him why he's there and why he went with Jon beyond the wall. Finally putting the question of when did you ever care about helping anyone? He replies that he helped her. She'll repay the favor. Mountain isn't really human anymore so a fair fight not really fair for the Hound.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
This was also foreshadowed this episode when Arya asked him why he's there and why he went with Jon beyond the wall. Finally putting the question of when did you ever care about helping anyone? He replies that he helped her. She'll repay the favor. Mountain isn't really human anymore so a fair fight not really fair for the Hound.
Then it wouldn't really be the CleganeBowl. I think what you're saying makes sense, but for some reason I just really want the Hound to get his shot. He really wants that fight.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0

So if Bronn was paid in advance, then I guess he has no incentive to actually go through with it. You'd expect him to be conflicted since he's cool with both of them. Also, you think there will be any sort of conflict between Cersei's army and Dany's army?
He's gotten along well with both Tyrion and Jaime and risked himself for no reward when he saved Jaime from Dany's dragon. He won't kill them. If Jaime dies, it's by the Mountain. I do think Tyrion will betray Dany. Think this was foreshadowed this episode when Tyrion asked Jaime if Cersei's really pregnant. This will cause Tyrion to think of continuing the Lannister name and care more about that.

I think something will happen with the Golden company and they won't fight for Cersei. There's the fact they have Targaryen bastards and I think this is the one big part where having Varys around pays off. He'll convince them to think of their roots and not to stand in the way of team Targaryen.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@nc0gnet0

You can bank on it. It might also be a 3 ring circus, but not sure on that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on the trailer it looks like Winterfell didn't go well for the living. I know they are not compelled to be true to the trailer, but I could see things going poorly and the army of the living falling back. If that is what happens I would have liked to seen them planning a worst case scenario fall back position to regroup farther South. They can still do it, just don't make it "we are all so lucky we all fell back to The Twins or The Eyrie".
Agreed, but you did see yara mention it to Theon.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they'll plan the retreat. Have a meeting point and then Jon and Dany fly Bran and other main characters to that meeting point.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's gotten along well with both Tyrion and Jaime and risked himself for no reward when he saved Jaime from Dany's dragon.

here is the part that doesn't make any sense. If Cersie is conspiring with Tyrion, why would she want him killed? Certainly not yet? Or is Qyburn acting on his own? Also, why wouldn't Bran be aware of any plot the two had against them? Or has this conspiracy not happened yet? I find it really interesting that Tyrion had a big interest in Bran.

He won't kill them. If Jaime dies, it's by the Mountain.

I do think Tyrion will betray Dany. Think this was foreshadowed this episode when Tyrion asked Jaime if Cersei's really pregnant. This will cause Tyrion to think of continuing the Lannister name and care more about that.
It's odd though, although the leaks do suggest this. Tyrion never liked Cersei, never trusted her. The one Lannister he does like is now fighting for team Dany, so it just doesn't make sense. Unless trying to get Cersei safe passage is looked on as treason.
I think something will happen with the Golden company and they won't fight for Cersei. There's the fact they have Targaryen bastards and I think this is the one big part where having Varys around pays off. He'll convince them to think of their roots and not to stand in the way of team Targaryen.
I think you right, but remember, while the GC is compromised of Targ Bastards and their offspring, they were exiled during the blackfyre rebellion. This means it was a full blooded Targ that exiled them in the first place.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
here is the part that doesn't make any sense. If Cersie is conspiring with Tyrion, why would she want him killed? Certainly not yet? Or is Qyburn acting on his own? Also, why wouldn't Bran be aware of any plot the two had against them? Or has this conspiracy not happened yet? I find it really interesting that Tyrion had a big interest in Bran.

It's odd though, although the leaks do suggest this. Tyrion never liked Cersei, never trusted her. The one Lannister he does like is now fighting for team Dany, so it just doesn't make sense. Unless trying to get Cersei safe passage is looked on as treason.

I think you right, but remember, while the GC is compromised of Targ Bastards and their offspring, they were exiled during the blackfyre rebellion. This means it was a full blooded Targ that exiled them in the first place.
He loved the kids except for Joffrey in the end and ultimately sees that baby as the best chance of the Lannister name carrying on and maintaing what they've built. Has also, at times, worried about Dany w/dragons being too difficult to control and worrying she'd have too much power. He discussed this with Varys. I think it will be teased Varys is going to betray her but he actually helps and it's Tyrion who betrays. The leaks I saw suggested Cersei actually sets up Tyrion by telling Dany or Jon he's been working with her all along even though it's not true. Don't see it going like that. Think Cersei momentarily gets the upper hand by kidnapping Sansa. Then Jon offers to take her place and show he's still plenty loyal to the Starks. Then Jaime, Arya, Hound and others move in to save Jon and Jaime sticks around to take out Cersei and Hound goes after Mountain and Arya will have encounters before aiding Hound. Jon and Dany will then overrun KL's depleted forces.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He loved the kids except for Joffrey in the end and ultimately sees that baby as the best chance of the Lannister name carrying on and maintaing what they've built. Has also, at times, worried about Dany w/dragons being too difficult to control and worrying she'd have too much power. He discussed this with Varys. I think it will be teased Varys is going to betray her but he actually helps and it's Tyrion who betrays. The leaks I saw suggested Cersei actually sets up Tyrion by telling Dany or Jon he's been working with her all along even though it's not true. Don't see it going like that. Think Cersei momentarily gets the upper hand by kidnapping Sansa. Then Jon offers to take her place and show he's still plenty loyal to the Starks. Then Jaime, Arya, Hound and others move in to save Jon and Jaime sticks around to take out Cersei and Hound goes after Mountain and Arya will have encounters before aiding Hound. Jon and Dany will then overrun KL's depleted forces.
Interesting, and then Tyrion is acquitted at the trial?