Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't expect her to turn on John. I said it would cause internal conflict due to her whole life's goal. Her whole essence and drive is for the throne. Look at how much she has done for that, and now it's all on the cusps of being taken away (not really taken away, but not HERS). How that unfolds is still to be seen, but I don't expect her to turn on him.

I'm not going down the Targ blood road. We totally disagree and that's fine.
Her whole essence and drive was for the throne. She put that on hold for Jon, as she told Sansa. Jon doesn't even want the throne. Nor will she when all is said and done. This was foreshadowed in the House of the Undying episode.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cause there should be no interaction between characters and other questions viewers had never answered. Should just be fighting from start to finish. What a great story that would be. geez

I think there should have been a bit more coverage of the Wight Walker march on Winterfell... episode 1 should have had a bit more to make it feel like the noose was closing on Winterfell, episode 2 could have had some skirmishes.... maybe Jon gets a chance to try out Rhegal in battle before Winterfell's battle.

But they've clearly decided to budget all the money for one giant battle, so it better be spectacular.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I thought Melisandre would have made her appearance in episode two. I’m now thinking she doesn’t show up until they maybe lose and are desperate?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there should have been a bit more coverage of the Wight Walker march on Winterfell... episode 1 should have had a bit more to make it feel like the noose was closing on Winterfell, episode 2 could have had some skirmishes.... maybe Jon gets a chance to try out Rhegal in battle before Winterfell's battle.

But they've clearly decided to budget all the money for one giant battle, so it better be spectacular.
You saw Ghost so be happy. With episode 3 coming up with the epic battle that lasts the entire episode there was no need show them marching, they were already told about that. Jon, Dany and others already have seen them. They only needed be ready. Rhaegal was named after Jon's father, he'll be a natural.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You saw Ghost so be happy. With episode 3 coming up with the epic battle that lasts the entire episode there was no need show them marching, they were already told about that. Jon, Dany and others already have seen them. They only needed be ready. Rhaegal was named after Jon's father, he'll be a natural.

I lmao... OMG Ghost... no one even acknowledged his presence.... if they were gonna spend money on having him in the episode, why didn't they have Ghost meet Dany?

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought Melisandre would have made her appearance in episode two. I’m now thinking she doesn’t show up until they maybe lose and are desperate?
She'll come after they retreat, after Jon has already fought NK only to have his sword shattered by him. He has them retreat to devise a new plan and search for a new answer. She'll come in at that point.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I lmao... OMG Ghost... no one even acknowledged his presence.... if they were gonna spend money on having him in the episode, why didn't they have Ghose meet Dany?
Dany: He's a beautiful beast.
Jon: He's not a beast. He's my child.

That happened off camera.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Ghost looked puny compared to nymeria from last season. Expected him to be massive in size I wasn’t sure it was ghost cause he was so small

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jenny's song where Prince Duncan gave up the throne for love and where the Prince that was promised prophecy is linked foreshadowed the fact that one of Danny or Jon is going to givw up the throne for love.

Think that is the reason why Podrick sang that particular song.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Random thought, but when Podrick was training people in the yard outside under Brienne's supervision.... he looked hefty, and not in a good way.

I thought it was cool he's advanced/grown under Brienne, but damn son lay off the donuts.

Also Gilly looked hefty in her scene.... I'm also not sure what the point of that scene was with Gilly/Davos and the random little girl who looked like Stannis' daughter. It was cute?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jenny's song where Prince Duncan gave up the throne for love and where the Prince that was promised prophecy is linked foreshadowed the fact that one of Danny or Jon is going to givw up the throne for love.

Think that is the reason why Podrick sang that particular song.
Agreed. No surprise Jon doesn't want the throne. But after fighting alongside all the people Jon has brought together and having his baby, Dany decides she doesn't want to rule them but, instead, free them from the tyranny of the Iron Throne.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Random thought, but when Podrick was training people in the yard outside under Brienne's supervision.... he looked hefty, and not in a good way.

I thought it was cool he's advanced/grown under Brienne, but damn son lay off the donuts.

Also Gilly looked hefty in her scene.... I'm also not sure what the point of that scene was with Gilly/Davos and the random little girl who looked like Stannis' daughter. It was cute?

They didn't have keto back then.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Foreshadowing Mel will call for the sacrifice of another child to help Jon defeat NK. He'll sacrifice Mel instead.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Her whole essence and drive was for the throne. She put that on hold for Jon, as she told Sansa. Jon doesn't even want the throne. Nor will she when all is said and done. This was foreshadowed in the House of the Undying episode.
Her speaking with Sansa in the last episode goes against what you said. She is still driven by the throne. Was pretty evident.

I understand that we as viewers can assume foreshadowing of the aftermath and throne not being as important, but she made it clear what her intentions were in their little 1v1. Especially when Sansa asked about the North.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I keep seeing this stuff about Sansa being kidnapped by Cersei. I'm not buying it.

I think she dies at WF in the battle. In fact, I would not be surprised if Dany kind of "lets" it happen. After Sansa didn't get her answer to "What about the North?" after Dany wins, they set up what could be (and is) a conflict between the two. Should Dany let something happen to Sansa during the war, then Dany never has to worry about answering that question.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed. No surprise Jon doesn't want the throne. But after fighting alongside all the people Jon has brought together and having his baby, Dany decides she doesn't want to rule them but, instead, free them from the tyranny of the Iron Throne.
I have this thought of Dany bending the knee to Cersei. Jamie then proceeds to kill Cersei and Jon Snow takes over the Iron Throne being the male heir. I know people believe Dany is obsessed being on the Iron Throne, but I believe it was more about her family being in power again and not a personal thing about only her.

Side note: I thought it would be bad ass if Jamie kills Cersei, but it turns out its Arya with his face on.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Explain

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have this thought of Dany bending the knee to Cersei. Jamie then proceeds to kill Cersei and Jon Snow takes over the Iron Throne being the male heir. I know people believe Dany is obsessed being on the Iron Throne, but I believe it was more about her family being in power again and not a personal thing about only her.

Side note: I thought it would be bad ass if Jamie kills Cersei, but it turns out its Arya with his face on.

The prophesy seems to push this notion as it talks about the valonqar(sp?) aka "little brother" with his hands wrapped around her neck, though perhaps this is more figurative.

Arya with Jamie's face on would have both hands and be able to choke Cersei if that prophesy is literal.

However it would also require Arya taking Jamie's face, which means either he dies so she can take it or she kills him which seems unlikely but not impossible.