Game of Thrones Thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hate, which you admit the characters can't do now, is what fueled the show.

On a common sense level, let's say you have a portion of your story where there is little to no conflict, do you speed through that section, or do you slow it down?
You have spent 8 years watching a show full of these incredible characters and ya mad that they had an episode showing all of them coming together. You know? To fight a freaking massive dead army, if they lose, will take over humanity and wipe their existence away. You right? Should have hit the fast forward button on it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bee Tee Dubs, as a co-worker just pointed out to me: Dany has one more betrayal she has to go through.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I9
I just realized there was no meaningful conflict last night. Every character ended up in a neutral or better position than when they started the episode.

Game of Thrones is built on inter and intra group conflict and we got neither last night in any serious form. The White Walkers didn't come and in the mean time everyone forgave each other and got along.

That's cool for one episode I guess, but two?

Settle down. Much bloodshed coming.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Main charecters getting along for a minute makes sense in the context of the story, just like the Northerners not being thrilled with Dany and her armies.

Houston is being such a dope I am thanking and agreeing with @SilenceS.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Main charecters getting along for a minute makes sense in the context of the story, just like the Northerners not being thrilled with Dany and her armies.

Houston is being such a dope I am thanking and agreeing with @SilenceS.

Everyone knows hate is what fuels CCS, wtf is wrong with u?

Houston

Liked Posts:
You have spent 8 years watching a show full of these incredible characters and ya mad that they had an episode showing all of them coming together. You know? To fight a freaking massive dead army, if they lose, will take over humanity and wipe their existence away. You right? Should have hit the fast forward button on it.

Who said I was mad? I just pointed out that the show is clearly stalling.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Saw this theory revived that original driving out of White Walkers was based on a pact that required a Stark be in Winterfell and that White Walkers started their match when Theon took Winterfeel and drove Starka out.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who said I was mad? I just pointed out that the show is clearly stalling.

The show and it's characters are moving forward, your understanding of this fact is the only thing stalling. Last week we heard, "why is there any conflict with the NK on his way?", now we have "why aren't all the main characters at each others throats with the NK coming to kill everyone?"

The bolded is a question asked only by an idiot that has shown repeatedly he is unable to grasp even the most obvious plot points in tv shows.

Keep in mind this is the same fool who claimed to watch TWD but had no idea the group had moved from Georgia to the DC area 5 seasons ago, even with constant conversations on the subject and tons of visual evidence.

giphy.gif

I'm sure Houston is a great guy, but he is completely unable to follow even the most basic stories, he never had a chance with GOT.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The show and it's characters are moving forward, your understanding of this fact is the only thing stalling. Last week we heard, "why is there any conflict with the NK on his way?", now we have "why aren't all the main characters at each others throats with the NK coming to kill everyone?"

The bolded is a question asked only by an idiot that has shown repeatedly he is unable to grasp even the most obvious plot points in tv shows.

Keep in mind this is the same fool who claimed to watch TWD but had no idea the group had moved from Georgia to the DC area 5 seasons ago, even with constant conversations on the subject and tons of visual evidence.

giphy.gif

I'm sure Houston is a great guy, but he is completely unable to follow even the most basic stories, he never had a chance with GOT.

I find his reviews in the rate the last movie thread some of the best

Everyone has different taste in things nothing wrong with that

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find his reviews in the rate the last movie thread some of the best

Everyone has different taste in things nothing wrong with that

Taste? It has nothing to do with taste, it has everything to do with the ability to follow a simple tv show. Maybe he can handle a1.5 hour story but is stymied by multiple episode/season tv shows.

Read post 7052 again, Houston has a problem.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought it was self indulgent to stretch the class reunion in to 2 episodes, but that's just like my opinion man. Still dug it

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think what disappointed me was there were some nonsense ass scenes that took up time from the better parts of the episode that involved bran

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
100% get that vibe. A sign of shitty writers with no source material to go on

FTR they are TV writers whom have shown themselves to be very good at adapting RR Martin's writing into TV episodes.

They also continue to show they struggle with fabricating original material from RR Martin's vague rambling/plot descriptions.

I truly think this is a real divide out there in the writing community... there are writers who fabricate original material.... original stories from their imagination and forge it into a coherent and compelling narrative.

Then there are writers who have been narrowly focused for TV writing in which they adapt those written works into TV episodes and forge a similarly coherent and compelling narrative that uses the audio/visual tools of television instead of those available only in the written word.

You need both types of writers, but it is not surprising when you ask TV writers, whom don't fabricate their own original material regularly, and even if they do (privately) you ask them to fabricate original material for a story that is not their own, and you ask them to do it late in the story.... that is a really really tough ask IMO.

Imagine any other scenario where you ask a skilled person to do that...

Imagine asking a painter to finish the last 20% of someone else's painting....

Imagine asking a sculptor to finish the last 20% of someone else's sculpture....

Imagine asking a carpenter to finish the last 20% of someone else's building.... including designing the architecture which they don't really do...

Imagine asking a writer to finish the last 20% of RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.... a story that has been formulating in RR Martin's brain for probably decades.... and all you get from him is an outline of how he intended it to go, based on a book story your TV show has already diverged from.... that is a tough ask.... they have to do it, but it is tough.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what disappointed me was there were some nonsense ass scenes that took up time from the better parts of the episode that involved bran

I agree with this

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me through something out there, the girl with the scare (burn). Just a call back to Shireen, or something more. Is it Mel?