Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let me through something out there, the girl with the scare (burn). Just a call back to Shireen, or something more. Is it Mel?
*throw

I'm thinking a call back to Shireen. As I said, Mel will call for the sacrifice of another child and that's why they want you to be thinking about Shireen. Don't think Mel is a faceless man anyway. We saw her as her old real self when she removed the ruby necklace. It's that necklace that "glamours" her and makes her appear to others as we see her.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bee Tee Dubs, as a co-worker just pointed out to me: Dany has one more betrayal she has to go through.
Tyrion. What I can't explain is why Jorah came to his defense with Dany and encouraged her to keep him as her hand even though Jorah, himself, was on the short list of qualified applicants at a time it looked like Dany was more than ready to find a new Hand of the Queen.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Saw this theory revived that original driving out of White Walkers was based on a pact that required a Stark be in Winterfell and that White Walkers started their match when Theon took Winterfeel and drove Starka out.
Have not heard mention of this theory before but it seems very sound. Sound.. but likely wrong. As I said a while back, I think NK has always wanted to do what he is doing now but the magic and all that kept him at bay until Bran fucked it all up. Bran actually confirmed this in the last episode when he said NK has been after all 3 eyed Ravens to erase the memory of this world and everything else in it.

Maybe the saying should have been "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell... just not that fuck up, Bran."

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Tyrion. What I can't explain is why Jorah came to his defense with Dany and encouraged her to keep him as her hand even though Jorah, himself, was on the short list of qualified applicants at a time it looked like Dany was more than ready to find a new Hand of the Queen.
Meh, I still think a betrayal could be her love of power. We never think of her as the bad guy, because she has such great intentions, but she desperately wants the Iron Throne, so why should anyone think she turns out being the good guy in all of this?

btw, the book says "three treasons." Maybe it is Tyrion, but maybe it is because he sees her going mad like her father?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
*throw

I'm thinking a call back to Shireen. As I said, Mel will call for the sacrifice of another child and that's why they want you to be thinking about Shireen. Don't think Mel is a faceless man anyway. We saw her as her old real self when she removed the ruby necklace. It's that necklace that "glamours" her and makes her appear to others as we see her.
Yeah, I know she is not a faceless man, but not sure how the "glamor" works. It could bea new glamor, or the one she has is capable of projecting more than one image.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Meh, I still think a betrayal could be her love of power. We never think of her as the bad guy, because she has such great intentions, but she desperately wants the Iron Throne, so why should anyone think she turns out being the good guy in all of this?

btw, the book says "three treasons." Maybe it is Tyrion, but maybe it is because he sees her going mad like her father?
Maybe Jorah is secretly setting Tyrion up, and while Tyrion is on trial in the last episode, he is found innocent. Jorah could be the betrayal for love. I doubt it but it is possible.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah, I've seen reference to that. I think the way it went was 3 treasons will you know. So that doesn't sound like she'd be committing the treasons but rather she'd be victimized by the treasons. This is something I don't think the show will ever spell out so could be anything or, for show purposes, nothing at all. Was suppose to be 1 treason for blood, 1 for gold and 1 for love. I've seen theories. The blood would likely have to do with either the blood magic of the witch or her brother "selling her like a broodmare". The latter could also be thought of as the treason for gold since it was the gold crown Viserys was selling her for. Tyrion could be the one for love as it was noted, after the boat sex scene, how he was lurking around looking all jelly. From what I've read, this part of the House of the Undying was so different than in the books, I'd say it likely amounts to nothing.
Yeah, I know she is not a faceless man, but not sure how the "glamor" works. It could bea new glamor, or the one she has is capable of projecting more than one image.
True enough. I'm not sure how the glamour thing works either.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe Jorah is secretly setting Tyrion up, and while Tyrion is on trial in the last episode, he is found innocent. Jorah could be the betrayal for love. I doubt it but it is possible.
That Jorah thing has me wondering too but I think he's gonna die in this war against the Dead. Not in episode 3, but the following episode.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Jorah thing has me wondering too but I think he's gonna die in this war against the Dead. Not in episode 3, but the following episode.
Would seem like a huge waste to give him Hearstbane in one episode, only to have him die in the next. Still possible though. I think Lady Mormont dies, and that leaves Jorah head of House Mormont.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Have not heard mention of this theory before but it seems very sound. Sound.. but likely wrong. As I said a while back, I think NK has always wanted to do what he is doing now but the magic and all that kept him at bay until Bran fucked it all up. Bran actually confirmed this in the last episode when he said NK has been after all 3 eyed Ravens to erase the memory of this world and everything else in it.

Maybe the saying should have been "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell... just not that fuck up, Bran."

SOME SAY HE WAS A BOLTON. SOME SAY A MAGNAR OUT OF SKAGOS, SOME SAY UMBER, FLINT, OR NORREY. SOME WOULD HAVE YOU THINK HE WAS A WOODFOOT, FROM THEM WHO RULED BEAR ISLAND BEFORE THE IRONMEN CAME. HE NEVER WAS. HE WAS A STARK, THE BROTHER OF THE MAN WHO BROUGHT HIM DOWN.

It would make sense that if the Night King were a Stark that the pact that ended the war had as a condition, a Stark remaining in Winterfell. Not sure it is inconsistent with your theory as did Bran's alleged fuck ups occur before or after Theon took Winterfell.

In any event, I guess we will see if they properly explain what made the Night King make his move now and who he ultimately is.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
SOME SAY HE WAS A BOLTON. SOME SAY A MAGNAR OUT OF SKAGOS, SOME SAY UMBER, FLINT, OR NORREY. SOME WOULD HAVE YOU THINK HE WAS A WOODFOOT, FROM THEM WHO RULED BEAR ISLAND BEFORE THE IRONMEN CAME. HE NEVER WAS. HE WAS A STARK, THE BROTHER OF THE MAN WHO BROUGHT HIM DOWN.

It would make sense that if the Night King were a Stark that the pact that ended the war had as a condition, a Stark remaining in Winterfell. Not sure it is inconsistent with your theory as did Bran's alleged fuck ups occur before or after Theon took Winterfell.

In any event, I guess we will see if they properly explain what made the Night King make his move now and who he ultimately is.
I don't think the pact had that condition. The fact that NK has targeted the 3 eyed Raven ever since suggests there was no pact. Winterfell got its name because that is where Winter fell when the NK and his army were defeated and turned back. So maybe the saying is as such just to place significance on Winterfell itself.

Bran has already said what the NK wants. He not only wants to destroy all men as he was created to do but he wants to erase the memory of it all. The memory of it would not only be the 3 eyed Raven but the weirwood net which is what the children built to be the memory of their world and where the 3 eyed Raven gets the greenseer ability from. Don't want to get too deep in it but the Weirwoods play an integral role in it all, not only the memory of it all but the blood sacrifices required.

But in looking at how this story ends, I think the most telling things were Dany's visions in the House of the Undying and Brans vision of the huge shadow of a dragon flying over King's Landing. In the House of the Undying, Dany sees the Iron Thone. The area looks like it's been torched and it seems obvious that fire came from above. In Brans vision, just briefly see the shadow of a dragon flying over KL. It was brief but ominous. This is the bitter sweet ending, NK reaches KL which means his army could grow to a number that simply would be impossible to overcome. Bran wargs into a dragon and burns all of KL, both living and dead.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I thought it was snowing when she saw the Iron Throne?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Do we think the Night King speaks?

Thus far he has been this eerily silent leader of a monolithic ice zombie army.

I almost think it would diminish him if he ever engaged in discussion with anyone in Westeros for any reason.

I've had this argument with a co-worker about whether the Night King is intelligent or not and I don't know how you can argue at the very least he is intelligent in some way.... the manner in which he gathered his Wights and Wight Walkers... built up his strength before moving on anything such as Hardhome.... the deal to take the Craster babies.... if he was this semi-mindless zombie him and his Wights and Wight Walkers would have just started idiotically marching South, run into a 100k Wildling army and got destroyed.

Also, in terms of the "Who is the Night King?"... this question seems to spawn from RR Martin's writings where he has a variety of characters recite mythology around the Night King.

However, in the show we saw at least that he was an ordinary man turned into the Night King by the Children of the Forrest.

If he was part of an ancient line like the Starks, it was a very very long time ago.... it isn't like there will be a reveal that Night King turns out to be Ned's brother Brandon or The Mad King (I actually saw someone posit this)... he would be an ancient barbarian Stark who got snatched by the Children...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Going to just end with Bran and the Night King playing chess in a forest.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do we think the Night King speaks?

Thus far he has been this eerily silent leader of a monolithic ice zombie army.

I almost think it would diminish him if he ever engaged in discussion with anyone in Westeros for any reason.

I've had this argument with a co-worker about whether the Night King is intelligent or not and I don't know how you can argue at the very least he is intelligent in some way.... the manner in which he gathered his Wights and Wight Walkers... built up his strength before moving on anything such as Hardhome.... the deal to take the Craster babies.... if he was this semi-mindless zombie him and his Wights and Wight Walkers would have just started idiotically marching South, run into a 100k Wildling army and got destroyed.

Also, in terms of the "Who is the Night King?"... this question seems to spawn from RR Martin's writings where he has a variety of characters recite mythology around the Night King.

However, in the show we saw at least that he was an ordinary man turned into the Night King by the Children of the Forrest.

If he was part of an ancient line like the Starks, it was a very very long time ago.... it isn't like there will be a reveal that Night King turns out to be Ned's brother Brandon or The Mad King (I actually saw someone posit this)... he would be an ancient barbarian Stark who got snatched by the Children...
I don't want him to speak. Would ruin his bad assery. He's plenty intelligent. I'd agree at this point there's no time for some big, in depth, reveal about NK. He is what he is and created as seen in the show.