I can't believe some players are whining about Lovie still..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ya it was Lovie drafting bust after bust.

i'm not talking about drafting. The HC is responsible for hiring his own coaches. Lovie, whether through ignorance or foolishness, never managed to get an offense worth a shit under his watch, save one single year when they were middle of the pack. The buck stops with the HC. He had years to get it done and he didn't. He should be gone.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
It's too bad most of them are too stupid to realize that Lovie's neglect of the other side of the ball is a major reason as to why none of them, despite their greatness, have rings on their fingers.

And they want that back?

Sheesh.
Lovies neglect? I can honestly say that over his time as Bears HC, I did not want Lovie having ANYTHING to do with the offensive coaching.
He's have been better off neglecting them more.
He will be a very good defensive coordinator for some team next year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lovies neglect? I can honestly say that over his time as Bears HC, I did not want Lovie having ANYTHING to do with the offensive coaching.
He's have been better off neglecting them more.
He will be a very good defensive coordinator for some team next year.

Agreed. A DC is exactly what he should be.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It takes time.

A new coach also means that jobs are on the line and people don't like that.

Lovie's buddies were never in danger of being cut.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't outsource a whole phase of your team but I can understand why they respected him. It's all tripe anyway: look at devin hester

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
We've been watching Lovie (and theyve been playing for him) for a decade. That's a long time for a coach. Change is always hard. I'm not tired of it because I sympathize, but if they let it affect their on field performance were all in trouble.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
i'm not talking about drafting. The HC is responsible for hiring his own coaches. Lovie, whether through ignorance or foolishness, never managed to get an offense worth a shit under his watch, save one single year when they were middle of the pack. The buck stops with the HC. He had years to get it done and he didn't. He should be gone.
Lovie is not responsible for the GM drafting busts. The buck stops at the owner, not the coach who got nothing to work with.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
It takes time.

A new coach also means that jobs are on the line and people don't like that.

Lovie's buddies were never in danger of being cut.

The ones being vocal about it (and that's being overblown) aren't in danger of being cut now.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lovie is not responsible for the GM drafting busts. The buck stops at the owner, not the coach who got nothing to work with.

It's as if I never made the post that you hit reply to.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, you clearly don't see at all. The first thing I said, before I went into my point about the coaching staff, was that I'm not talking about drafting.

So you respond with "Lovie is not responsible for the GM drafting busts".

Not sure if you're drunk or stupid. Another poster alluded to you being drunk, so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and going with that.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
We've been watching Lovie (and theyve been playing for him) for a decade. That's a long time for a coach. Change is always hard. I'm not tired of it because I sympathize, but if they let it affect their on field performance were all in trouble.

They won't. They are professionals.
But if you expect them to give scripted answers, why bother asking the questions?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I'm not whining in the sense it emotionally bothers me or effects me some.. It doesn't. I'm saying this crap better not effect the teams playing this year and them pulling hissy fits if they lose a game and pull some 'if Lovie was here.. Defense..rah' crap. It's seems they're still whining. Sorry, I can just see this effecting the team if the defense pulls this crap.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
have you really gotten any indication that this is the case so far though? by all accounts today's practice was pretty up-tempo and nobody was dogging it

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I'm neither drunk or stupid. It seems you may be both. I don't care if you are not talking about the drafting because I am talking about the drafting. That is the root cause. Is that over your head?

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
I'm not whining in the sense it emotionally bothers me or effects me some.. It doesn't. I'm saying this crap better not effect the teams playing this year and them pulling hissy fits if they lose a game and pull some 'if Lovie was here.. Defense..rah' crap. It's seems they're still whining. Sorry, I can just see this effecting the team if the defense pulls this crap.
Dems da breaks.
But nothing a fan should worry about in July.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The problem is that last time Lovie called plays the D underperformed terribly: 21st in points allowed per game and 17th in yards allowed per game. They were pretty bad with Babich calling plays too, leading me to think that Marinelli and Rivera should should probably get more credit for the D performing than Lovie. I have no problem with his scheme, especially since they played a lot more cover-3 and single high the last few years rather than almost half of the plays being cover-2 (it's been nice not to be so damn predictable anymore). And I love his emphasis on creating turnovers. So I guess we'll have to wait and see what he does at his next post.

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
I'm neither drunk or stupid. It seems you may be both. I don't care if you are not talking about the drafting because I am talking about the drafting. That is the root cause. Is that over your head?

Drafting is hit or miss moreso than free agent signings, which I would say led more to our downfall.