I can't believe some players are whining about Lovie still..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm neither drunk or stupid. It seems you may be both. I don't care if you are not talking about the drafting because I am talking about the drafting. That is the root cause. Is that over your head?

No, it's just garbage. The reason the offense has been bad is not just drafting; a huge part of it is the endless carousel of shit offensive coordinators and shit position coaches. Keeping Daryl Drake around for as long as he did was reason enough to fire him alone. It wasn't happening under Lovie. The time for change was overdue. The players need to get over it (if they haven't).

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
guys, this is not a symposium. actually, it kind of is

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No, it's just garbage. The reason the offense has been bad is not just drafting; a huge part of it is the endless carousel of shit offensive coordinators and shit position coaches. Keeping Daryl Drake around for as long as he did was reason enough to fire him alone. It wasn't happening under Lovie. The time for change was overdue. The players need to get over it (if they haven't).
Lovie could not get a decent OC with our drafting history under JA. Bad drafting and shitty OC,s both are because of the horrible job JA did drafting. Quite blaming Lovie for the things brought on by JA. How many OC's turned us down and why????

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck me, where did this idiot come from?

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:

Lovie came up in an era of nepotism that just doesn't fly anymore, but he had no ability to evolve.
Thus, while some team might hire him as HC as a token, he will NEVER again be in a position of control like he was here.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well...Rivera had Tommie Harris in his glory days and Marinelli did end up with Julius freaking Peppers on his line...won at the line of scrimmage and all that jazz.

Playcalling was pretty irrelevant in Lovie's defense because there wasn't a lot of overall complexity to it. Everyone knew what we were doing on defense...Lovie just dared you to beat it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lovie came up in an era of nepotism that just doesn't fly anymore, but he had no ability to evolve.
Thus, while some team might hire him as HC as a token, he will NEVER again be in a position of control like he was here.

Right. He'll be a DC, which is precisely what he ought to be.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yay, I like symposiums! Got to meet Allen Forte at one, he liked my presentation :woot:

I got obliterated on bison vodka after presenting a paper at the only one I ever went to. Sadly, I didn't see Trestman there, but I did hallucinate a bunch of prairie dogs with fangs dancing the tarantella

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I got obliterated on bison vodka after presenting a paper at the only one I ever went to. Sadly, I didn't see Trestman there, but I did hallucinate a bunch of prairie dogs with fangs dancing the tarantella

That's just...terrifying...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Woah.. Woah, you didn't bring up Jay?

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya it was Lovie drafting bust after bust.

I've tried to explain to to people on here over and over where the real problem was(as been proven), but some people are so adamant in their Lovie-hate that it's pointless now....

And ONCE AGAIN, no mention from anyone about Angelo.....

BEARS

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've tried to explain to to people on here over and over where the real problem was(as been proven), but some people are so adamant in their Lovie-hate that it's pointless now....

BEARS

It's not a dichotomy. Both Angelo and Lovie had to go.

I'm no Lovie hater. I think he's one of, if not the best defensive coach in the NFL this century so far.

He's not a HC.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

See, the problem with this argument BM is that I need to know who would have been good had Lovie gotten a good OC? Hester? Aromashadu? Bradley? I just don't see the "gems"(Angelo speak), that never blossomed under Drake or Lovie.

The problem always was TALENT. And that falls SQUARELY on the Ange"loof". As evidence, you see that once a new GM comes in a gets a REAL wr, you saw the results.

You CAN'T miss that much on draft picks(especially high ones) and not expect that there would not be an affect. It's the reason we HAD to sign bums like R. Williams....

I know you are not a Lovie hater. I am talking about others on here who've I constantly debated with....

BEARS

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I caught that Ole. Sounds like Trestman is kind of funny in a nerdy "this is totally going to go over all the dumb jocks' heads" kind of way.